FORUMS
Starym

New Mini-Series: Hearthstone Mulligans

BUWtt0i.jpg

A new mini-series of funny shorts has started, and we already have 2 episodes out! Mulligans sees an ordinary guy complete the quests that everyday life throws his way with the help of some unusual friends: Uther, Jaina, and Gul’dan. See them battle printer problems and who gets to ride shotgun in the first two episodes:

I really hate these... They aren't funny. I only watched this second one to give it a chance after hating the first one. I just don't find them funny. Like one second of smile worthy at "Uther - 'what must we give them'. Guldan - 'Everything'", but for over a minute of cringing or boredom.

37 minutes ago, Laragon said:

I really hate these... They aren't funny. I only watched this second one to give it a chance after hating the first one. I just don't find them funny. Like one second of smile worthy at "Uther - 'what must we give them'. Guldan - 'Everything'", but for over a minute of cringing or boredom.

I really didn't like the first one, but I feel the second one is barely missing the funny factor. I did smirk at the last SHOTGUN at 1:56 though.

I think it just feels a bit too out of place or forced? Maybe it's the actors? the way they try to bring it?

I'd have preferred a good ol "Uther: you guys still use a means of transportation?! *Bubbles and HSes out*" or something like that. Just making fun of technology might be a good idea, like using freezers but then they have Jaina so she doesn't get the point, etcetera.

If they put more effort into it, I think it may pass as funny, I dunno, but I still would watch the next ones to see if they get it to go any better.

Edit: I went to the youtube comment section and only later found out this was made by Blizzard themselves, I thought it was just fanmade... I expected a lot more from Blizzard than some fans...

Edited by Yridaa

meh it was worth a slight chuckle, they get points for trying to do something fun and goofy but they are just starting out, lets give them a few more tries to touch it up, before we ultimately declare it stupid and "unworthy" of a laugh.

Edited by BlakeArmentrout

So I am the only one who enjoyed those?

I love Uther's acting, the jokes make me chuckle, and the videos were just the right length. To each his own I guess.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, positiv2 said:

So I am the only one who enjoyed those?

I love Uther's acting, the jokes make me chuckle, and the videos were just the right length. To each his own I guess.

You are not alone. I have enjoyed them as well, though I agree with the other posters that the second one was better. Uther looks like Will Forte. He used to be an SNL cast member, and I've always found him funny. Personally, I look forward to episode 3. At least Blizzard's comedy is heading in the right direction from that miserable Hearthstone commercial released a little while back.

• Like 1

I can't stand 95% of all the "funny" comedians, sitcoms (I never managed to watch How I met your mother e.g. for longer then 5 minutes) and shit like that.

I wouldn't claim the second vid was funny as hell, but it was decent. I found it amusing.

Way more then I expected from Blizzard to be honest.