FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zvon

Galakras Fight questions

Hi guys, I really need help on Galakras  after the 10M group I raided with wiped 5 hours on Galakras yesterday. =[

Q1: what's the strat on last phase? What we did is separate raid to 2 groups, one is stay on right, on is stay on left, so we could take Pulsing Flames separately from Flames of Galakrond. If this strategy should work fine, however, what really happened is we booted all the healing CD for ppl still can't heal up everyone. 

We also tried the whole group of people stand in line to take Flames of Galakrond, but it turned out everyone in group got 12x+ Pulsing Flames which healers couldn't heal through.  

Q2: Talking about healing, unfortunately, I am the one of the 2 healers. And yes, we were trying to 2 heal this fight, my ilvl is 531, and I was pulling around 95k HPS, and 150k+ when we poped lust, another HPally is 543ilvl, pulling around 120k HPS, and can do 200k+ at lust time. I have to say I tried my best at this point. 

So is this a 2-heal fight? And is the HPS we did (or I did) fine for this fight?

Q3: what should DPS be in this fight? I know all the 6 DPS in the group can go 150+ DPS in the fight, and 200k+ during the lust. 

this is my armory link if u need to check

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Monkry/advanced

Edited by Zvon

Have to alternate who takes pulsing, you don't need the entire raid to take it. Just 2-3 intercept a few then another 2-3 intercept the next few so the dot falls off.

We divided to 2 groups, but still too much dmg going on...so how many many ppl should take the DoT for each fire ball? 2 + person having fire ball? or 3 + person having fire balls?

And how many stacks should each person have?

Edited by Zvon

Not really. As far as I understand, when orb explodes it deals raidwide damage as opposed to static shock which had the aoe component, but the range was short. I don't know if there is a maximum range to these, but I dont think you can get far enough if there is one.

We found that if you are loosly stacked at the back its a win, basically only 2/3 people have to take the debuff, its doesnt need to be any more, once we did this we dowed him in 1 try.

When we started we thought the everyone besides the tanks needed to be stacked - oh how wrong we were lol

We found that if you are loosly stacked at the back its a win, basically only 2/3 people have to take the debuff, its doesnt need to be any more, once we did this we dowed him in 1 try.

When we started we thought the everyone besides the tanks needed to be stacked - oh how wrong we were lol

At which range do you have to be from fireball to get the debuff? Is "loosly" stacked roughly the same radius as for example a power word: barrier or did you stack "more loosly"?

So just for clarifying this, let's say there is a fire ball coming, and we all know tank who is tanking the boss will have to take one stack here, then there is the person who get the fire ball which have to take one stack, too. So, between these 2 persons, how many soakers should stand there soaking dmg?

At which range do you have to be from fireball to get the debuff? Is "loosly" stacked roughly the same radius as for example a power word: barrier or did you stack "more loosly"?

As a tank was pretty hard to see how far away they were, but id say around 8-10 yards from behind the boss, with the person recieving the fireball about 4/5 yards behind them, players moved out to the sides to drop stacks at 3/4 but no later.

When i say loosley i mean players spread in a semi circle half way up the ramp ( around when that circle of frost comes from lady proudmore (think thats her name anyways)

So just for clarifying this, let's say there is a fire ball coming, and we all know tank who is tanking the boss will have to take one stack here, then there is the person who get the fire ball which have to take one stack, too. So, between these 2 persons, how many soakers should stand there soaking dmg?

2 worked for us, on top of the tank and the player recieving the fireball

the easy way is to have all ranged stack, whoever gets the fireball runs away from teh boss so the stacked group is between the target of the fireball and the boss. everyone gets a dot stack but the blasts do way less damage. the boss needs to die before teh dot kills everyone though. if you dont have the dps for the easy way you have to coordinate dot groups.

My raid did this by set 5 people to soak the fire, we 3 healed it so we did like 1 tank 1 healer 1 mdps and 2 rdps, we use bloodlust at the start of P2 and swap the people that have flame dots when the boss hit 50%. After the first group drop stacks we swap to group 1 soaking again.

Having half of the raid soaking makes the damage easy to deal.

We put world markers and set groups like this:

[TANK 1]

[GALAKRAS]    [TANK 2]

[GROUP 1]          [GROUP 2]

[NPCS]

Dont forget to pull galakras near the npcs, they do a crapton of damage.

Edited by Pringols

i did this fight this weekend with a group that had lower dps and we just tanked the boss in jaina's blizzard with 2 stack points for the fireballs. we had a tank in each group and an even amount of ranged in each group and it worked out pretty well. our stack points were like 20 yards from the boss, just to give ppl time to react to the fireball. it sucks for melee but its less risky.

We do the two-group strategy as well that we picked up from a guy in High Caliber (top ally guild on our server). We two-heal the fight, giving us two tanks, two melee, four ranged, and two healers. The tanks pull the boss into the Blizzard when it lands and we get the groups on either side - one melee, two ranged, and one healer per group.

First, reading some of the posts I think there's a little confusion in here on Galakras's abilities.

Pulsing Flames is just Galakras's soft enrage mechanic to eventually cause more damage than healers can keep up with by pulsing raid-wide damage and increasing fire damage dealt.

Flames of Galakrond is the fireball mechanic. He puts the target debuff on a random player and a giant targeting laser appears. He launches the fireball once that debuff runs out. When the fireball passes through a player, it gives them a stacking DoT, also called Flames of Galakrond. When the fireball reaches its target's location from the moment it was fired, it explodes dealing a ton of raid damage reduced for each person it passed over.

So, when a player in one of the groups gets the debuff, they need to wait until it's near running out, and then run away from the boss so the entire group is between them and the boss. The ball will pass through the other 3 players, reducing its damage, before landing behind them and doing a manageable amount of raid damage.

You have two options here: if you simply stay with whichever group you're in, the DoT will simply fall off as he targets the other group randomly. The other option, requiring a little more coordination, is to have the person that gets the debuff run the laser to a specific group and alternate. If we call them group one and group two, you would have whoever gets the first fireball run behind group one (if they're in group two they have to run over), and the person with the second fireball does the same. Then, the third and fourth fireballs are run behind group two. You alternate every two fireballs (since it takes two in a row on the other group for the DoT to fall off of a group).

You can pop Bloodlust/Heroism/Time Warp/Ancient Hysteria when Galakras comes down, or you can wait and pop it as Pulsing Flame stacks up. It's important, though, to make sure you tank the boss in Jaina's Blizzard. The NPCs do a LOT of damage. We discovered by accident that in a wipe situation, if the NPCs get agro and have enough health from the first phase, they're capable of killing the boss from about 45% depending on how long he sits on Varian vs. Jaina.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zheo
      Just wondering what the public opinion is on what two classes best two heal Garrosh.

I've been trying with a disc priest + whatever and I'm thinking of changing out of disc for holy. Should I drop a DPS to bring a third heal? We're not dying to mechanics we're dying to raid damage in Heart phases as the disco priest is moving and the other healer is and no one is getting enough of a heal between Annihilates. 

Thoughts?
    • By Gruxa
      Hello everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster! I recently started playing WoW again, and I reached lvl 90 in May, 2014, with my warlock.

Geared up fast and had the wicked oppurtunity to join a 14/14 HC guild straight away in July.

Long story short, I know the tactics and how to play destruction (played warlock for 7 years now). But having missed all the progression i'm having a bit of trouble catching up to the other destruction locks in the guild.

My 3 main worries are Norushen, Shamans & Thok, as I pretty much got single target bosses down.

I'm looking for those fine tuning tricks that you guys perhaps could advice me to use in these fights

Here is my personal logs page (undead warlock ilvl 579) :
      http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/373793/latest/

Best week to use would be Thu 28 August, (except for shamans where September 2 would be best)

I would like to point out i'm aware my Immolate uptime isn't always up to par, but  for every occurance I know why it fell off, still working on that.

The reason I posted this was mainly because of our last Dark Shamans kill (scored 95% this time). I actually thought i performed bad because our other warlock scored a way higher dmg done/dps score than me ( even though he's 9 ilvls higher than me). I'm just looking for ways to improve on these fights.

(PS: on thok i do lose alot of uptime on boss due to wanting to be 100% sure the gate is up and running for the kiting, perhaps you guys have any tips on when would be the perfect timing to place it, or how to approach this)
    • By zarontheinsane
      Alright, I'm sorry if these seem like stupid questions and I know this will be a VERY long post, but my guild is just starting flex and I'm the gm, raid leader, and main tank. I'm a guardian druid (548) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-halls/Xaelath/simple and normally use a agi flask (alchemy perk helps) and 300 agi food. I also have the lfr version of my flex helm but I have it fully upgraded so stats are identical and the lfr one has the stam meta Austere Primal Diamond for harder fights that require a little more padding, I'm trying to get the CDR trink from malk either from lfr or from flex pug groups, but 25+ plus tries and no luck so far. We have a 2nd tank, but he is a Fury(570)/Prot(530ish) warrior http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kalecgos/Stashbringer/simple he has lfr prot gear along with the legendary tanking cloak. I honestly love soloing stuff and doing things in 'abnormal' ways. So I'm wanting to solo tank as many of the fights as possible so he can go dps and help move it along faster, and if I'm solo tanking it I can have higher vengeance for helping giving the group even higher damage.

Our other members are a destro lock(560ish), ret pally(535ish), ret pally(530ish) disc priest(510ish), rdruid(510ish), mm hunter(530ish), mm hunter(545ish), bm hunter(560ish), frost dk(500ish), unholy/frost dk(520ish) swaps based on what he feels like playing at the time, ele sham(510ish), and not this week but we are about to have a 2nd ele sham that would be between 500-510 (he is thinking of going enh if it can be more beneficial) once he gets a little better gear, also could anyone help us decide which spec if either can be better for the whole of the group since he doesn't mind playing either one.

So what I'm asking is does anyone have some advice on me solo tanking any of the bosses? I've come up with a few ideas although haven't got to try many of them yet so its more theory based.

Immerseus
      We lust at pull and can burn him down fast the first time, when he uses corrosive blast the first time I can use barkskin to help take a little less and then FR to heal back up. Then if he does manage a 2nd corrosive blast before the debuff falls off use rook's talisman to negate 39% of the damage of it, along with using survival instincts and MoU to make sure it doesn't hurt too bad and I can get some really nice vengeance going. There is no way he could manage to get a 3rd one off because of how fast he would be getting split each time.

Fallen Protectors
      Tank Rook away from raid while He stands behind me. We follow the normal strategy for doing this fight except that I would have both bosses on me. For mark of anguish I plan to have the Stashbringer (the warrior mentioned earlier) take the debuff and put on his shield go defensive stance and pop his defensives to hold him as long as he can then put the debuff on one of our dks (we have 2)  take it, go into blood pressence and use icebound fortitude and toss the debuff as needed to the other dk and then me as a last resort. Obviously I'll be taking alot of extra damage so will need to make sure I rotate cds accordingly and try to keep a high uptime on SD and use barkskin everytime its up.

Norushen
      I can tank the boss without ever going down and have Stashbringer soak orbs since his damage is already roughly 380k self buffed on a training dummy. He would be able to soak them then get cleansed and come back very quickly. This one would actually be fairly hard although doable to solo tank realistically, although I figured up that with proper cooldown stacking, and using a stam flask, stam meta, and stam food I should be able to take roughly 20 stacks of the debuff, which would give the raid about 5 and a half minutes to kill him before I hit the ground....hard. Although if I died then one of our dks or stashbringer could go def stance/blood pressence and pop all defensives to hold the boss while someone brezzes me and I can get the boss back on me.

Sha of Pride
      Undoable unless each of your dps is doing 480k+ dps.

Galarakas
      Unless I'm mistaken you should be able to send a dps to tank the towers (a fury warr in def stance and wearing a shield in this case, i've also done it personally as a demo lock in demon hunting form on flex when the tank died). And then they can come back down to fight waves again to contribute more damage. Not sure how solo tanking Galarakas himself may be, will definitely require some heavy healing, cd stacking, and high burst to down him fast enough before I bite the dust. Although, if/when I die from the debuff getting too high I could get Stashbringer to put on the shield, use def stance and all his def cds to hold it long enough for someone to brez me and get the boss back, and on the off chance I die a 2nd time get a dk to taunt and use blood pressence and ICB while someone gets me back up again.

Iron Juggernaut
      Don't think this could be possible to solo tank unless you were in full heroic gear and were doing flex...maybe. Although I'm thinking to help us out a bit on stomping mines since I sometimes have trouble getting them all fast enough, get one of the shams to pop sham rage and ancestral shift and stomp a mine especially if they are ele with a 1h and shield for the extra armor.

Dark Shamans
      As far as I know it can't be solo tanked, and would actually probably be best with 3 tanks, which I can get one of the ret pallys to go prot so we have 3 tanks, if anyone has some suggestions for this fight please let me know because this is one I don't know as much about other than kite the bosses around while swapping when stacks get too high and don't stand in bad stuff.

General Nazgrim
      I've heard this one is solo tankable although I don't see how with the debuff stacking fairly quick and reducing armor so much unless it was done by a class that doesn't need much armor like a monk.

Malkorok
      Easily solo tankable in LFR even at 62 stacks which is the highest it goes, although for flex I think the highest I ever went was about 30 stacks because the other tank didn't know what to do (don't you love fail pug groups?). Although I plan on which ever one of us that doesn't have stacks to solo tank the blood rage phase to minimize the damage the group is taking and to give one of us insane vengeance with alot of cd stacking both personals, rooks talisman, and externals (pain suppression, power word barrier, ironbark, hand of protectionx2). Overall should be an easy fight and plan to just swap stacks as it gets tough for us which would probably around 25 stacks.

Spoils of Pandaria
      Obviously not solo tankable unless you took the whole group through one part to zerg it and then jumped to the other side fast enough and zerged that side. I'm not sure if thats entirely possible though unless you have really amazing dps.

Thok
      Definitely solo tankable. Can make sure I make good use of barkskin to cut down on damage I'm taking and make sure to use rook's talisman when he starts doing his aoe pulse attack (forget the name sorry) and overall this fight should be a cakewalk mechanic wise as long as everyone watches for fixate.

Siegecrafter Blackfuse
      Seems fairly easy to solo tank, yes I know the shredder heals up, but if we get dps to focus on it and I attack it while keeping the boss on me I should be able to down the shredder quickly, and then once I get 6 stacks and the 2nd shredder comes out I should be able to rip right through it especially with the nice vengeance I'll have.

Paragons
      Doesn't seem to be solo tankable and honestly I'm almost clueless when it comes to this fight. I'll learn it by the time we get there since I know we aren't going to get there on our first day.

Garrosh
      Definitely solo tankable. I plan to use symbiosis on a pally for consecrate to give me another aoe to help with the adds. Will obviously need to be careful about using cds accordingly and may need some externals toward the end of phase 2 when stacks start getting really high. Overall seems like a fairly easy fight mechanic wise and is just more of a gear check and may just be a bit of trouble getting all the adds.

If I'm wrong on some of this or if there is any extra information anyone would like to contribute or any special advice for us please let us know. I realize this post was quite lengthy and I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this post and for any help anyone is able to contribute.
    • By Redrius
      http://worldoflogs.com/reports/58t4f692qxid5ngs/details/22
    • By Knutrex
      <Fallout> - Ragnaros EU
      Our Guild is Currently 14/14 (N) and 3/14 (H) 10 man
      We are currently Recruiting Following Classes and roles:

Mage
      Monks (MW & WW, can take in BM aswell, since one of our tanks is also a RDPS)
      Death Knights (DPS)
      Priest (Shadow/Disc)
      Druid (Feral/ Boomkin)

Other Classes/ Roles is also welcome!
      *Recuirements*
      550 ilvl+
      Have Experience in raiding (Heroic), eather this Expansion or previous.
      We use Teamspeak 3, and we communicate with 
      Be 16 years or older.

Positive Perks:
      Have Curve
      Have more than 565 ilvl