Stan

Possible Return of the Lich King Expansion

Sign in to follow this  

13 posts in this topic

hdVW4Ev.jpg

Return of the Lich King was trademarked by Blizzard a while ago and redditor PenguinJ2 posted some solid pointers as to why it could be the next Hearthstone expansion.

• Return of the Lich King won't be a World of Warcraft expansion. We all know where WoW's heading after Legion's defeated and N'zoth breaks free from his prison
  • ReturnoftheLichKing.com was registered as soon as the title got trademarked four months ago
  • Last two card backs were places Arthas visited in order (Source)
  • The promotional Year of the Mammoth (image above) has Death Knight runes
  • Hearthpwn datamined an Icecrown image
  • Some redditors claim it's possible Blizzard's working on a Warcraft IV title now that the Starcraft II trilogy is finished and next year it's 15 years since W3's Frozen Throne came out

(Source)

DEATH KNIGHT PLAYABLE CLASS, DEATH KNIGHT PLAYABLE CLASS, IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. IT MUST HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!

although yeah when the trademark was announced the first thing i did was puke violently in my mouth praying please god do not let that be the next wow expansion. however we all know all the voidy stuff that is being pushed. plus last trademark we saw around this time ish last year was "eye of ashara" and everyone thought that would be the new broken shore xpac when it was in fact a dungeon. I could see at best return of the lich king being  a wow dungeon, lich king comes back to raise army to help fight void? i could see it being a thing.

however far beyond it would make a great hearthstone adventure/xpac and the new hero class could offer interesting new things (cough board damage like dnd its going to happen im calling it). or if nothing else just be a fun name for new cards even if we don't get the playable card class.

needless to say i've been watching this one for awhile, im excited to see what plays out

• Like 2

I could see DK being added. Most of the cards would be added to the class, and because of rotations, the problem of having less cards would go away after 2 rotations. However, DK would probably have no Classic cards, which would make DK player dependent on expansion packs, and I feel like that is something Blizzard wouldn't mind at all.

Seems unlikely WC4 is going to happen as long as WoW is active. They're going to milk that for as long as they can, not to mention it really wouldn't make sense to have both WoW and WC4 running at the same time.

Edited by Weltenfeind
  • Like 1

Considering that if a new class would be added it would either have much smaller card pool or Blizzard would need to add cards to past expansions, both of which sound both very unfair and very hard to balance out I doubt we will ever see 10th or 11th class in Hearthstone. I think we will just see a standard expansion, but still very excited as Arthas is one of the very core characters to Warcraft lore and also a hero in Heroes of the Storm but still hasn't made an appearance in Hearthstone yet. This will give a great opportunity for Blizzard to print out cards of some of our favorite Warcraft characters and make an expansion that actually is exciting lore-wise.

On 6/11/2017 at 9:50 AM, positiv2 said:

I could see DK being added. Most of the cards would be added to the class, and because of rotations, the problem of having less cards would go away after 2 rotations. However, DK would probably have no Classic cards, which would make DK player dependent on expansion packs, and I feel like that is something Blizzard wouldn't mind at all.

Cards are not a problem. Now 5 classes of 9 are competitive. Who cares if it's 5 out of 10?

releasing expansions based on classic World of Warcraft end game content such as Icecrown Citiadel should be such a no brainer for Blizzard, rather than just lazy new deck sets every few months.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Gnasha said:

releasing expansions based on classic World of Warcraft end game content such as Icecrown Citiadel should be such a no brainer for Blizzard, rather than just lazy new deck sets every few months.

+1 to this. I absolutely loved BRM/Naxx, they were both so much fun - especially the Heroics.

• Like 1

Arthas - 

Class legendary - Syndragosa - 6 Mana, 4/6 Taunt, Battlecry : Freeze all characters for 2 turns

Class power - Deal 1 dmg to a random character and restore 1 health to your hero

Shut up and take my money

Edited by KinU
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gnasha said:

I agree.

I liked the adventures a lot, they were fun to play and offered something new. Sometimes a realy fun mechanic and the heroic mode was realy tough.

And on top of this all you had to do was either have 2800 gold ord 20 bucks to get every single new card of it. Not like with the new expansions where you need 10 000 gold or 100 bucks and you still are missing 80% of the legendaries and lots of epics.

I am still very disappointed that Blizzard trashed the expansions. You got more fun for less.

Didn't Blizzard promise some kind of quests instead of the story and new mechanics we got from the several wings in an adventure?

Mh well, I guess that was just a false promise, probably to quiet players who liked the adventures a lot. And who remembers such a promise some month later?

• Like 2

Black Temple

Icecrown Citadel

So many epic nights of raiding, so many memorable bosses - bring them all to Hearthstone, hell you can have my money already!

On 12. 6. 2017 at 7:06 PM, WedgeAntilles said:

Mh well, I guess that was just a false promise, probably to quiet players who liked the adventures a lot. And who remembers such a promise some month later?

I believe Blizzard said that they will start with the second expansion of 2017, which means that the following expansion will be the first one containing the story mode or whatever it should be called.