FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  

Average amount of dust / cardpack

I always wondered, how much dust you would get out of 1 pack.

Obviously it is quite luck dependend. A golden legendary or epic will increase your average dust per pack quite a lot.

Here are my figures for MSoG + Unguro:

Unguro: 51 packs

179 common

3 common golden

53 rare

6 rare golden

12 epics

0 epic golden

2 legendary

0 legendary golden

That leads to an average dust of 92

MSoG:

65 packs

230 common

9 common golden

70 rare

2 rare golden

12 epics

0 epic golden

2 legendary

0 legendary golden

Average dust: 79

Combined:

116 packs

Average dust/pack: 84

Like I said, it is very luck depenend. If I would have gotten one legendary golden instead of non-golden, the average dust would increase to 95.

116 packs is not that much, but I guess it is quite save to assume you'll get an average of around 80 - 90 dust / pack.

With luck an average of around 100 seems possible.

seems you had a pretty bad run of luck, especially with the 65 packs - when you think each pack has a blue anyway, you only had an extra 5 blues and another 2 goldens from the whole lot. Plus the average drop rate for legendary is around 21 packs, so you should have had at least 3 from that run if not 4 - the same number of epics from 65 packs as you did from 51 also. 

The 65 packs weren't great, but not realy that much below my average. At least not with legendaries.

I never had one legendary in 21 packs. Ungoro is pretty close, the others aren't.

But yeah, the rare ones were quite bad.

I just realized, that I have some stats for Old Gods too:

But because of the monthly rewards / arena-rewards the stats aren't totally exact: I didn't mark how many golden commons / rares I got from each. That's why I have too many goldens in the following collection. But nevertheless, the numbers are halfway accurate:

Whisper of the old God:

71 packs

236 common

14 common golden

78 rares

6 rare golden

18 epic

1 epic golden

2 legendary

0 legendary golden

That would be an average of 97.  Like I said, the database is biased. I guess in the list are about 2 golden rares + 2 golden commons too much.

-> In reality the average dust of my WotoG will be a little above 90, but below 95.

Edited by Guest

I did some calculations back when pity timer was introduced (and a massive amount of stats was released) and the dust per pack I got was somewhere around 102, assuming you dust everything.

Referring to the official probabilities for cards you can easily calculate about 80 dust per pack (not taking into account golden) so positive2 should be pretty close to the truth.

It may be coincidence but assuming you get about 80 dust per pack you would get 1600 dust with 20 packs. Maybe it's on purpose so you have the dust for one legendary after 20 pack plus leaving you with a bit of dust (~400) assuming you get several golden cards.

17 hours ago, positiv2 said:

I did some calculations back when pity timer was introduced (and a massive amount of stats was released) and the dust per pack I got was somewhere around 102, assuming you dust everything.

102 seems possible.

I have - after 187 packs - an average of 87.

But taking into account that everybody seems to get way more legendaries, for them the average dust / pack would definitly increase significantly.

(And I did pay attention to the pity-timer: With WotoG my last legendary came at pack 70, that is I bought packs until the pity-timer kicked in. The 71th pack I got from arena. And on MSoG I got my last legendary on pack 65. That was 7 packs ago -> ages until the pity timer kicks in again)

I just wanted to give some hard data based on my own packs. Instead of just handling some theory.

Could you please tell me exactly how you calculate your dust/pack ratio?Because i tried for my last 2 pack openings and numbers just don't add up...:(

Each card has a dust value - the amount of dust you get if you dust the card:

Common: 5

Common Golden: 40

Rare: 20

Rare Golden: 100

Epic: 100

Epic golden: 400

Legendary: 400

Legendary Golden: 1600

Just count the cards you get and multiply.

Obviously you just have to assume you dust every single card. If you get a card you need, the value this card has for you is much higher.

Example: You need Feral Spirit in a deck and you don't have it. Then you open a pack with Feral Spirit

Accourding to the dust / pack math your card is worth 20 dust. But in this special occasion, the card has a personal value for you: 100 dust. (Because you would have needed to spend 100 dust to craft it)

There are other flaws, like: You absolutly need a specific card, let's say: N'Zoth, the Corruptor

Now you open a pack and you get him. Non Golden. In the "dust / pack math" this is worth 400.

If you get him in golden he is worth 1600.

Both times you keep him, both times you get the exact same amount of value, namely him.

You would never disentchant him, because you need him -> the golden and non golden copy has the same value for you. (Well, the golden one is prettier)

Nevertheless, the "dust / pack mechanic" stats him once with a value of 400 and once with 1600.

But since you can't compare anything if you want to take into account if the card itself is useful for a player the dust / pack doesn't take that into consideration.

It just says: "what would you get if you would dust every single card"