BashBullAvy

Arms vs. Fury (PvE)

Sign in to follow this  

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

with 7.2.5 there are many changes between the specs (Arms & Fury) and i would like to know which of them is your favored choice against the current content.

Some Calculations would be nice or some explanations Why which spec is the next Raid spec :)

Kind regards, BashBull 

Any class DPS Sims on the Internet are essentially flawed by design. Single target DPS does not often make a spec good in its own right in a progression setting, and choosing spec or class based on these sims is simply misinformed. In short, the answer is "yes, but none that are correct". Additionally, all simulations currently out there have other significant flaws even if we were to pretend that they actually matter.

In reference to which spec to play, in general, play what you want / what you enjoy. I'll quote Archimtiros from his Fury Guide:

Both have been performing quite well in raid testing, however Arms newest legendary and short duration Execute phase are currently overtuned and expected to be rebalanced before Mythic raid difficulty unlocks on June 27th. Ultimately, those hotfixes will determine balance over the rest of the tier.

My advice is simple - play what you enjoy. If you like something, you're more likely to invest in it, spend time learning the nuances, and be successful at it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Danterino
      Hello. I'm from Russia, so my English isn't very good, but I need help.
      My Armory: link
      My Warcraftlog armory: link
      My warcraftlog battle: link
      ----------------------------------------------------
      Good player armory: link
      Good player warcraftlog armory: link
      Good player warcraftlog battle: link

My priority skills: rampage > BT > RB > FS
      So rotation like this: BC - BloodBath - ramp - odyn's fury - BT - RB - ramp - BT - RB - RB - fs .... BC - ramp - etc
      also I user free excute procs ofcourse.

Simcraft show me that my best DPS must be near 1 860 000. But in fact my dps near 1.4M (maximum). 
      As you can see "good player" do much better dps then I with same iLvL.

What I doning wrong?

• By MrPrince3rd
      Non Offensive Innuendo is currently a heroic guild that is wanting to go mythic.
      Server: Ner'zhul, Frostmane, Tortheldrin
      Progression: 9/9N 9/9H 11/11N 3/11H
      What we need: RDPS, a healer, and a tank
      What we are looking for: Light hearted, good humored, responsible and reliable players, who can consistently make raid days and are interested in doing things together as a guild, such as, PVP, mythic+, mog runs, and or playing other games, hanging out in discord being social.
      Communication:
      We use discord, feel free to join for any questions or interviews. https://discord.gg/UEEnfCp
      Atmosphere:
      We are like a family, we joke and mess with each other all the time, we are laid back and not super strict, but we still want to kill bosses at a resonable pace.
      Expectations:
      You are expected to show up on time, and if you can't let someone know ahead of time. You are also expected to do the highest required mythic+ key to ensure that your gear stays up to date, if you require help doing this let people in the guild know.
      Addons:
      We use EPGP and RCLootCouncil for loot, and Exorsus Raid Tools for notes
      Consumables: Free for all raiders
      Raid Times:
      Wednesday, Friday, and Monday 8:30-11:30PM CST
      Please fill out this application to apply: http://www.guilded.gg/#!AdrRp1Ydly
      Contact Info:
      BilboBaggins#1406
    • By Moca
      Hi guys, I got some issues with my dps,

I'm struggling to maintain over 650k dps...

I'm new to fury warrior, was a mythic raider with my assassination rogue but... with the warrior it seems like I'm not doing something well...

Here is what I do :

OPENER

Charge -> AVATAR+BC+Berserktroll -> BT -> RB -> RP -> OF …

Trying to maintain enrage with BT or RP > RB > etc.. (normal rotation)

I’m always tring to use RP at 100% rage,

Do I have to clip it with BT ?
      I mean, when I’m enraged, my rotation is :

RP (100% rage) -> RB -> BT -> RB > RP(100% rage)… with my +15% crit fillers
      I’m trying to pop OF everytime that I’m enraged (with BC if possible),

I don’t have any set bonuses. No COF and no “good trinkets”…

Execution phase :
      BT > EXEC EXEC… > BT > EXEC EXEC…

I can’t link my armory…

I’m Moca, War fury from SARGERAS EU

Am I missing something ?

I think that I'm supposed to be way higher, like 850k+...

Thank you !

Sorry, I'm french and new to fury, if you got some questions, don't hesitate :)

• By TheKaiser
      I have a few questions concerning the upcoming expansion:
      First I wanted to ask, how everything with legendarys and artefacts is now going to be, are there still gonna be legendarys with the same role as in Legion and what about artefacts, are the HoA armors the new artefacts ?

Furthermore I wanted to know wheter or not pvp is mandatory for warfronts and island plundering or if you don't need to be a top pvp player to still achieve some nice things and interesting rewards.

With warfronts I also wanted to enquire how the gameplay most likely will look like, they are pve events so you shouldn't need to be a pvp player, right ?
      Also one last question, how hard do you think the warfront rewards will be to get ? The transmog does look quite nice and I wanted to ask if it is gonna be something, that is going to be locked and only available to hardcore players
    • By Baes
      Hello fellow raiders!     Stormguard's current progress is 5/9(M) Tomb of Sargeras and we are inviting more friends to join us on soon Mythic adventures! 
      Ranged:
      Druid Hunter Mage Shaman Warlock Melee:
      Rogues Healers:
      Paladin Shaman   Who WE are We are Stormguard - a Mythic, semi-hardcore raiding guild that once upon a time moved from Steamwheedle Cartel to Argent Dawn in search of new friends and adventures. We have years of raiding experience and a great atmosphere in our raids that we value a lot, successfully maintain and are very proud of. We appreciate a good joke, friendly banter and even a good pun! We do not, however, tolerate insults, enraging or any display of aggression - if it will occur- it can earn you a boot from the guild.    Who YOU are You are a gentleman,a lady or a cat, who is mature, has raiding experience, polite and has a good attitude. You are not a drama queen/king/cat, whiner or a grumpy dwarf. You are researching your class's tips and tricks and are always up to date with news and changes. You come prepared, repaired and bearing a good joke for the night and are able to listen/talk using our voice communications. Patience and a good sense of humor are crucial!   Since we reside on an RP server, some of our members are RPers and some are not - which means you are not obligated to RP but you may not disturb or insult in any way others that do so. You shall always remember that you represent our guild when you are out in the wilderness or in the cities and shall behave accordingly.     What our GOALS are Stormguards ultimate goal is to clear each current content tier on mythic difficulty while maintaining a good and friendly atmosphere. We raid 3 times per week: Wednesday, Thursday and Monday evenings from 20.00 to 23.00 server time. We do not normally extend over the raid-end time, unless it is the last encounter and it is agreed with all the raid members. We require our members to attend minimum of 85% of the raids.     For SOCIAL members: We are always welcoming social members. To fulfill social member requirements you actually have to be social! Social members are the soul of the guild and we value them as much as our raiders.   How you can FIND us: Please visit and apply at our guild page: http://stormguard.openlogix.se Please register with your ingame character name for faster approval.