Broloo

I can't figure this out - Elemental DPS Issue

8 posts in this topic

Did the first few bosses today for Tomb  and I cannot keep up with any dps in my guild. I feel useless beside being used for lust... <.< . I know I am messing up somewhere with my dps, but possibly my gear may be the issue as well. I know I am following mechanics well for this raid, but it is totally killing me. 

Gear

Logs

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Hey there!

Think I can help a little at least!

Your gear is not great no, you don't even have any set bonus from Nighthold which is not good so get the t20 set asap.
Other thing is that you don't have concordance yet as trait which also helps so get more AP.

Now for your playstyle, I'm taking first boss as example because it's a pretty easy fight and shouldn't be hindering any of your required casts.

You had 78% uptime on Elemental Blast and this should always be 100%, do not prioritize things over Elemental Blast unless it's an instant Lava Surge proc.

Your Elemental Focus buffs were not used for Flameshock very often which is also quite a dps loss. Try re-applying flameshock after a Lava Surge so you are guarenteed the proc and do it when it's 30% left of the time so you get maximum extended time.

When you used your Ascendance you used Earth Shock which you should not be doing even with your legendary. During Ascendance it is VITAL that you spam Lava Burst as much as you can except when Elemental Blast comes off CD or you are wasting Lava Bursts to use Earth Shock. It's ok to cap out on Mealstrom during Ascendance.

If you're starting to wonder how I get all this?
https://wowanalyzer.com/report/4xGChPwmMAWJ9HtX/3/Bromar/cooldowns

Currently wowanalyzer does support Elemental Shamans so take your logs there and it'll be easier for you to see whats up.

So there is definitly improvements to work on other than your gear so good luck :)

Edited by Arkpit

Thank you Arkpit for your reply. I didn't think that the T20 set would be useful with how the set bonus works. For now, I just received a leg piece and the RNG Gods enjoyed my misfortune with my bonus rolls... I do  have to rework my rotation to keep up with the procs. And I will stop with using earth shock during ascendance. But may I ask if my stats are ok? I didn't hear of any changes with stats from anyone yet. 

Thank you

Regarding stats, your haste seems bit high, the focus should be to reach the softcap on either 76% for totems or 86% for the Lava Burst talent on your Mastery, anything else is sort of a waste of stats. Crit should be priority after that, even though Lava Burst always crit you still spend half your time on other spells so crit is still important.

T20 set is amazing, your Flameshock is probably around 5-8% of your total dmg usually and with setbonus it'll go way higher since it'll spend most of it's time critting, and if you learn to keep Flameshock up with Elemental Focus procs it'll go quite high in overall dps.
Not to mention getting 1-2 extra casts of the Fire Elemental. I think the t20 set, both bonuses, gave somewhere around 8-10% overall dps increase.

Edited by Arkpit

Cool, I will give it a try with the set pieces. For now I will go through my inventory of gear to see if i can fix up my stats. Again, thank you for your help.

Arkpits advice is sound for the most part. Except for a few things.

Since we have 125 max maelstrom now, you need to cast eartshock at 117+ maelstrom even during ascendance, this is even more important now since earthshock got an additional 20% buff.

Also dont try to push for the mastery softcap at 85%. Its most important, that you try to have the correct stat ratios.

You can find the stat ratios here: https://www.stormearthandlava.com/ele/gear/

This great site which is regulary being updated by the top theorycrafters for ele shaman which will answer all your questions.

Proof i know what im talking about:

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/pcvdf4jMtxRLDXGV/6/Kirêth/suggestions 98% rank

Edited by TripleZero

I have changed my stats just a bit to increase my crit and put in the flame shock in the right spots. Tested it out on dummies which seemed ok, but need to see how it goes on raid Tuesday.  Here is that test - Log. I'll post an update after Tuesday.

On 6/21/2017 at 5:29 AM, Arkpit said:

Hey there!

Think I can help a little at least!

Your gear is not great no, you don't even have any set bonus from Nighthold which is not good so get the t20 set asap.
Other thing is that you don't have concordance yet as trait which also helps so get more AP.

Now for your playstyle, I'm taking first boss as example because it's a pretty easy fight and shouldn't be hindering any of your required casts.

You had 78% uptime on Elemental Blast and this should always be 100%, do not prioritize things over Elemental Blast unless it's an instant Lava Surge proc.

Your Elemental Focus buffs were not used for Flameshock very often which is also quite a dps loss. Try re-applying flameshock after a Lava Surge so you are guarenteed the proc and do it when it's 30% left of the time so you get maximum extended time.

When you used your Ascendance you used Earth Shock which you should not be doing even with your legendary. During Ascendance it is VITAL that you spam Lava Burst as much as you can except when Elemental Blast comes off CD or you are wasting Lava Bursts to use Earth Shock. It's ok to cap out on Mealstrom during Ascendance.

If you're starting to wonder how I get all this?
https://wowanalyzer.com/report/4xGChPwmMAWJ9HtX/3/Bromar/cooldowns

Currently wowanalyzer does support Elemental Shamans so take your logs there and it'll be easier for you to see whats up.

So there is definitly improvements to work on other than your gear so good luck :)

Couple things here. So the 78% "uptime" on EB is irrelevant. That's just adding the uptime on 3 different auras (Haste, Mastery, Crit) of which can double proc from Elemental Overload. What you're looking for is Cast Efficiency which means you're casting it on CD. It is impossible to have an EB aura on you at all times based on the duration and cooldown. He is correct, although, you could've had more; 78% might even be too generous.

Also, the Ascendance Earth Shocks are actually perfectly fine and suggested (by stormearthandlava.com) at the soft maelstrom cap which is 117 not below although I personally wait until i cap, and EB is casted during Ascendance as well. 117 maelstrom is the sweet spot while out of Ascendance for not wasting extra maelstrom from overloads.

You might be capping your maelstrom too much but I either can't or just don't know how to tell from the logs.

One thing to add, as i only looked briefly, cast stormkeeper on CD. You don't have to use it right away in fact you want to use your lava bursts first in case you get a power of the maelstrom proc. You CAN'T waste any charges so they have to be used before they expire and I would suggest using it after you apply your second flame shock in the opener just to get maximum casts. Opener being EleB>FlameS>LavaB>LavaB>FlameS. This part is more of a nuance being there's a lot of variables that affect those kinds of decisions during different encounters so take this is just a pure single target suggestion.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nobbykinz

Autumn Mist is a mythic raiding guild. Originating from a group of friends intent on pushing high end content. We are a young guild, started out in Feb 2017, driven to succeed.

Raiding Schedule:
      Wed 20:00-22:00
      Thur 20:00-22:00
      Sun 20:00-22:00
      Mon 20:00-22:00 (optional Alt/Farm run)
        What is Autumn Mist?
      Autumn Mist is a group of raiders looking to experience the most challenging aspects of wow. We aim to create a fair and motivating environment for progress. We won't scream at you for failing a mechanic but we will point it out and work with you to correct it so we can progress together. Loot will be distributed via RCLootcouncil as evenly as possible focusing on gearing the raid as a whole. We will respect you at all times.
        Joining Autumn Mist
      During your trial period we will be looking at your mastery over your class, your attendance and attitude during raids. Your awareness of boss fights and mechanics, along with your ability to adapt and learn. How you handle success along with failure. Progress is important to us but the atmosphere of the raids must be maintained a good personality and a sense of humor is a must.

Recruitment is currently open to all classes we are looking to optimize every aspect of our raid team, if you are a driven and dedicated player there is a spot for you in our Mythic raids.

We are also recruiting people looking to make the big jump from Heroic to Mythic raiding, we understand this transition isn't easy and can be overwhelming. Our experience has shown us stones can be polished into gems and we will help you on that journey.

Feel free to apply via the website, or add me on bnet if you want a chat, Nobbykinz#2994 all questions welcome.
      http://www.autumn-mist.net
    • By SamySosah
      Hey guys, i'm coming to all my fellow shamans as a last resort, i don't seem to understand were I've gone wrong. I've been maining my Ele Shaman for several months now, and I've followed every instruction with guides. My stat priority is on point, my gear considerably good. (942) at the moment. I've tried every build with multiple bosses etc. My simulator show i should be nearing 2M dps on fights. Yet when i'm fighting i'm around 850k. I don't know if this is because of all the movements, but like i mentioned above I've tried Ice fury build for movement fights. When i'm practicing and testing rotations on dummy's my numbers seem, to be ok. Does anyone have tricks, tips, or pointers on what'll take to achieve the damage i need. I watch others with same builds, with less gear pulling great numbers. I know elemental isn't the best for Single Target, but my last fight on maiden i pulled 700k DPS :( !!!! As far as AOE, no problem there. Numbers are outstanding on trash etc. Thanks for taking the time to ready this. 
      Armour Link - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/turalyon/foogus
      Goroth log link - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/w4HFNdmXMJLPfkrt/#fight=last
    • By Baes
      Hello fellow raiders!     Stormguard's current progress is 5/9(M) Tomb of Sargeras and we are inviting more friends to join us on soon Mythic adventures! 
      Ranged:
      Druid Hunter Mage Shaman Warlock Melee:
      Rogues Healers:
      Paladin Shaman   Who WE are We are Stormguard - a Mythic, semi-hardcore raiding guild that once upon a time moved from Steamwheedle Cartel to Argent Dawn in search of new friends and adventures. We have years of raiding experience and a great atmosphere in our raids that we value a lot, successfully maintain and are very proud of. We appreciate a good joke, friendly banter and even a good pun! We do not, however, tolerate insults, enraging or any display of aggression - if it will occur- it can earn you a boot from the guild.    Who YOU are You are a gentleman,a lady or a cat, who is mature, has raiding experience, polite and has a good attitude. You are not a drama queen/king/cat, whiner or a grumpy dwarf. You are researching your class's tips and tricks and are always up to date with news and changes. You come prepared, repaired and bearing a good joke for the night and are able to listen/talk using our voice communications. Patience and a good sense of humor are crucial!   Since we reside on an RP server, some of our members are RPers and some are not - which means you are not obligated to RP but you may not disturb or insult in any way others that do so. You shall always remember that you represent our guild when you are out in the wilderness or in the cities and shall behave accordingly.     What our GOALS are Stormguards ultimate goal is to clear each current content tier on mythic difficulty while maintaining a good and friendly atmosphere. We raid 3 times per week: Wednesday, Thursday and Monday evenings from 20.00 to 23.00 server time. We do not normally extend over the raid-end time, unless it is the last encounter and it is agreed with all the raid members. We require our members to attend minimum of 85% of the raids.     For SOCIAL members: We are always welcoming social members. To fulfill social member requirements you actually have to be social! Social members are the soul of the guild and we value them as much as our raiders.   How you can FIND us: Please visit and apply at our guild page: http://stormguard.openlogix.se Please register with your ingame character name for faster approval.
    • By FoxShine
      Special edit:
      We got Mistress to 6%, let me know if you want to join for the kill or to join the ranks for antorus. 
      On Bnet: Fox#1713
      Discord: Fox#7009

Hello! This is Fox from Velocity. We're a DAYTIME Mythic raiding guild on Sargeras. Currently 5/9M, 9/9H ToS. Last tier we ended 7/10M NH in the final two months before the release of ToS. Now we'll be focusing on Mythic ToS progression. After real life claimed a few of our key raiders, we are searching for a few more good and reliable players for our roster, mainly DPS, who can learn the fights quickly and attend our early raid times. 
      Our core team is composed of veteran players who have experience raiding at high-levels (including top US 100 guilds) as well as those who are entirely new to mythic raiding, but fast learners. We aim for a focused, but relaxed environment; upholding a certain level of standards, while still joking and having fun. A fun fact about us - since were a morning guild we actually got two realm 1st's on Heroic. Worldwide our H Goroth kill was 15th and Demonic Inquisition was 6th.
      [A] <Velocity> 5/9M 9/9H (7/10M) - Daytime/Morning raid LFM
      Raid Times: 10am-1pm CST | Tues/Wed/Thurs 

Looking for:
      Currently Need
      Ranged -  Ele Shaman, Warlock, Boomkin, Mage, Other
      Melee - Rogue, Warrior, Monk - Other
      Healer -  DPS with heal offspec
        Requirements: 
      Item Lvl:  930+/-
      Exp:  3/9M (Pref)
      *Specific classes are listed above as preference. However, any class is welcomed! We will consider anyone who is willing to join and can commit to our raid times, we may also make exceptions if you are under the requirements.

Expectations:
      We’re not super hardcore, we like having fun, but we do have high standards; so we expect our raiders to play their class well, come prepared, FOLLOW MECHANICS, have a sense of humor (or not) and adapt quickly. Prior Mythic raiding experience is a plus, though not necessary if you're a fast learner. 
      Due to our niche raid times, we encourage everybody to communicate about attendance via Calendar invites, Discord channels, or through tells with an officer. We are looking for players who are dedicated and realistic with their schedules. It’s important to know who will be available day-by-day so we can make arrangements. This is necessary to avoid setbacks and keep up with progression! We are very understanding when someone needs to post-out. Schedules change, things come up and real life always comes first. All we ask for is a heads up!
        Perks: Feasts, Codex, Spirit Cauldrons, near-unlimited guild repairs, and the occasional gem or enchants. We run alt raids and Mythic+ 15s with each other each week. We're a tight-knit guild, who's always joking around and helping each other out. We also play other games together outside of WoW, like Overwatch, SC2, Heroes, Diablo, Dota2, LoL and whatever else.
      If we sound like a good fit, let us know! Leave a reply here, send us a tell on BNET or in game. Or be old school and send an in-game mail! Thanks for reading, and we hope to hear from you soon! =D
      BNET
      Fox#1713
      Peach#1423 
      Ezmaya#1410
      Discord
      Starby#8682
      Fox#7009

• By Chainlink12
      Associated with the <Validus Knights> of Feathermoon (a guild almost as old as World of Warcraft), we are an independent raid being built from the ground up. The creators and leaders of this raid are two players who have been raiding in WoW since the early days of the Burning Crusade. We are a friendly and fun group of people who seek to develop a solid raid team that will progress through Antorus, The Burning Throne and well into the next expansion pack. We are currently seeking 1 experienced tank, at least 2 healers, and both melee and ranged dps.
      THIS IS AN EAST COAST RAID. We will be running our raid on TUESDAY and FRIDAY nights at 6PM to 9PM Eastern time (That is 3PM to 6PM for Feathermoon's server time)
      Important notes:
      We will be focusing on Heroic Tomb of Sargeras to start with. Those who are already members of the raid are experienced with all encounters. This is not a guild raid, but we have abundant resources. Joining a guild will not be required (however, it is an option if you are interested). There are performance expectations for all roles, but these will not be unreasonable. Knowledge of your class is expected. Preparation for boss encounters is expected. Item level is not as important to us as performance and the ability to work effectively within a team environment. We are willing to support you if you are willing to apply equal effort. If you are interested in joining our team, please post here. If you are on the Feathermoon/Scarlet Crusade server, you may contact Keyblade or Bubskii directly in-game.
      Thank you very much.