Jump to content
FORUMS
Damien

Trag'Oul Corpse Lance Necromancer

Recommended Posts

On 11/5/2017 at 2:50 PM, Guest CBrewMoo said:

I will probably switch back once I'm pushing higher rifts but wanted to share this info. 

This is the key. At high rifts, yeah, you need the Brittle on your bars. They'll fire them as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest SpicyRanch

Looking again at the speed farming variant, we show an equipped in-geom as well as recommendations to cube it instead of Shadowhook.  Does this mean we should look at he original build and we should actually be cubing Corroded Fang?  Should we actually be cubing shadow hook after all?  Or is there some other recommendation that would be best suited to the speed farming build?  I haven't found any of the options I've tried to be wowing, so I'd prefer a recommendation.  Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2017 at 10:58 PM, Guest SpicyRanch said:

Looking again at the speed farming variant, we show an equipped in-geom as well as recommendations to cube it instead of Shadowhook.  Does this mean we should look at he original build and we should actually be cubing Corroded Fang?  Should we actually be cubing shadow hook after all?  Or is there some other recommendation that would be best suited to the speed farming build?  I haven't found any of the options I've tried to be wowing, so I'd prefer a recommendation.  Thanks!

 

You should be cubing Nayr's Black Death - it's an error. I'll get Deadset to update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering how CDR proc effects work. For example the Borrowed Time rune effect on Decrepify, does it make it so we should snapshot our Land of the Dead + Simu when we get 20 stacks of it or does it mean we should keep a high uptime of the curse for the CDR while it's recovering? (Basically, does it snapshot or update in real-time) I could not find info on this through google.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This build doesn't make sense to me. What am I missing? I run into a room - have no corpses and can't kill anything or even open a door without a corpse. I need something to start the killing and I need something to wreck barriers and open doors.  I use pestilence. I am thinking of switching to a variant. It is really odd to sit in a room and get killed by trash because you have no corpses.  Once LOTD opens up I can kill but what about all the other time and when you start?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2017 at 10:30 PM, Xentrus said:

I was wondering how CDR proc effects work. For example the Borrowed Time rune effect on Decrepify, does it make it so we should snapshot our Land of the Dead + Simu when we get 20 stacks of it or does it mean we should keep a high uptime of the curse for the CDR while it's recovering? (Basically, does it snapshot or update in real-time) I could not find info on this through google.

Yes, it snapshots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SilverHawk said:

This build doesn't make sense to me. What am I missing? I run into a room - have no corpses and can't kill anything or even open a door without a corpse. I need something to start the killing and I need something to wreck barriers and open doors.  I use pestilence. I am thinking of switching to a variant. It is really odd to sit in a room and get killed by trash because you have no corpses.  Once LOTD opens up I can kill but what about all the other time and when you start?  

This is the playstyle of the Lance builds. It's why so many people hate the build. You are completely useless outside of Land of the Dead, so you have to maximise CDR on the gear. You will enter a rift and only hunt elites, nothing else. You are useless at killing trash. Simply get into the right and use Blood Rush to hunt an elite. Make sure you use Decrepify on mobs you pass to increase your CDR. As soon as you find an elite, pop Land of the Dead and Simulacrum, burst down the elite and keep using Corpse Lance until all corpses are consumed after Land of the Dead. Use Decrepify on mobs, Blood Rush until you find the next elite and then do the same thing. You continue to do this until you clear the rift.

It's a very strange playstyle, but it's incredibly effective when done well. It's all about avoiding damage and picking your fights. Also knowing when you can/can't kill an elite (Juggernaughts are hard, so are 4-5 pack rares).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-11-22 at 4:02 AM, SilverHawk said:

can't kill anything or even open a door without a corpse.

Doors are a massive hinderence for some builds and this is definitly one of them.

What you do regarding doors when you just run around is that you Blood RushBlood Rush once and lance the door since you get a corpse from a rune whenever you dash.

Edited by Arkpit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2017 at 3:50 PM, Arkpit said:

Doors are a massive hinderence for some builds and this is definitly one of them.

What you do regarding doors when you just run around is that you Blood RushBlood Rush once and lance the door since you get a corpse from a rune whenever you dash.

A note on this - with the Pestilence set especially, you can mess things up for yourself if you are using the NumLock trick for Devour. It will instantly devour the corpse and you likely won't hit the door.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Blainie said:

A note on this - with the Pestilence set especially, you can mess things up for yourself if you are using the NumLock trick for Devour. It will instantly devour the corpse and you likely won't hit the door.

Yeah that is one of the reasons I don't use that trick at all. I don't mind spamming it ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Arkpit said:

Yeah that is one of the reasons I don't use that trick at all. I don't mind spamming it ^^

I normally find you don't even need to have anything NumLock-ed on Necro, it only ever is really needed on things like EB Wizard or something. I spam it as well :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, relik said:

What about Ancient Parthan Defenders for Grifts? 

While there is nothing wrong with that you won't be getting much use from it sadly.

Since you only recieve the damage reduction from incapacitated monsters you will only benefit when using  Frozen LandsFrozen Lands but at that point you are killing everything you need to get down before it's able to hit you anyway so in that regard I wouldn't recommend it.

Edited by Arkpit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Ashreon

11/10

If you want to make a Trag'Oul speedfarming build - forget about Corpse Lance it is not worth it.

What you want to do is the following;
LMB: Bone Armor - Harvest of Anguish (speed + dmg reduction)
RMB: Death Nova - Blood Nova (dmg synergy with Trag'Oul Set)

1: Devour - Cannibalize (regain hp as you kill, can use numlock trick)
2: Land of the Dead (Emergency HP regen skill to work with Devour)
3: Frailty - Aura of Frailty
4: Blood Rush - No runes (get all from set)

Talents:
1. Malediction - More damage.
2. Dark Reaping - Better HP/Essence management.
3. Stand Alone - Damage reduction.
4. Fueled by Death - Speed.

Easy and mindless build. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest laserprinter
On 2018-02-04 at 7:36 PM, Guest Ashreon said:

11/10

If you want to make a Trag'Oul speedfarming build - forget about Corpse Lance it is not worth it.

What you want to do is the following;
LMB: Bone Armor - Harvest of Anguish (speed + dmg reduction)
RMB: Death Nova - Blood Nova (dmg synergy with Trag'Oul Set)

1: Devour - Cannibalize (regain hp as you kill, can use numlock trick)
2: Land of the Dead (Emergency HP regen skill to work with Devour)
3: Frailty - Aura of Frailty
4: Blood Rush - No runes (get all from set)

Talents:
1. Malediction - More damage.
2. Dark Reaping - Better HP/Essence management.
3. Stand Alone - Damage reduction.
4. Fueled by Death - Speed.

Easy and mindless build. 

Just tried this out - garbage. Not enough damage to do regular rifts on torrent 13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Sil

Is there a proven better way to throw corpse lances at a boss as a boss killer, e.g. does one way do more damage than the others?

The different ways, once Simulacrum and LoD are cast, with boss selected:

1. Devour (Num Lock lock.)

2. Devour (Num Lock) + continuous press on Corpse Lance key

3. Devour (Num Lock) + spamming Corpse Lance key

4. Spamming devour key

5. Spamming devour key + continuous press on Corpse Lance key

6. Spamming devour key + spamming Corpse lance key

7. Continuous press on devour - does this even work

8. Other ?

I remember having heard somewhere that a triple bonus is not activated while using some of those key combinations, but I remember neither with combination nor where I heard it.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest OneKnight1984

I'm getting all the pieces put together for this build. Thing is, I'm on hardcore and was curious if there is any gear modifications I'd need to make, like switching out a certain gem or ring or something for better survivability in hc. Thanks for any tips :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Kidult#1231

imo you should replace CoE with unity. defenetly a hard build, and you should go slow. unless you have perfect items you should skip this setup and go for a more safer one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Garland

Question about the legendary gems, how about swapping BoT or even the MWG for GoS for even more CDR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Dalnor

I have a question , for me it's really hard to know how you can make damage all time , i know you have land of the dead for burst , but when you have no corpse and on CD how can you not die?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest iPhail

For the build guide, the video is for the Blood Lance build but the guide is for pestilence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Nec

Weird question but... what potion would be best with this build? Bottomless potion of the diamond (Resist all - 100 max) or of the tower (Armour +20% max). I see this build is armour oriented? Or are the others, better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Dudeman1st

Nemesis >> Reaper's, Devour >>Bone Spear, Borrowed Time >> Dizzying Curse, Molten Beest >> Gogok, and Spreading Malediction >> Life From Death. I don't know why you would be spamming Devour when you can just get DOUBLE Corpse Lances from spamming Lance, get the Bone Spear massive damage (3300%), be able to attack without corpses (Spear), get tons of globes = Essence, proc Krysbin's always AND double your rate of gaining Pestilence DR stacks. Sure this build probably has the math to do the greatest burst damage, but I can still get phat bursts with the Krysbin's guaranteed proc from Dizzying Curse (20% CDR is only 24 sec off of LoTD), with a chance for 300% from stun.  Add in a Cord of Sherma (blind proc Krysbin's for 300%) and vacuuming health from Simulacrum >> Siphon/Sucker for smooth cruising. Or, if you miss the Simulacrum damage, use Siphon/Power Shift which probably gives you more damage % increase anyway (Last I checked 100% @ 10 stacks is better than .5*100 points = 50%) and gives you Health and Essence. I dunno maybe Reilena's is multiplicative and Power Shift is additive. Seems like this build will get killed in most GR and needs a very specific scenario to be successful. I prefer a build that is more flexible/survivable and can deal good burst damage.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 6:52 PM, Guest Dudeman1st said:

Nemesis >> Reaper's, Devour >>Bone Spear, Borrowed Time >> Dizzying Curse, Molten Beest >> Gogok, and Spreading Malediction >> Life From Death. I don't know why you would be spamming Devour when you can just get DOUBLE Corpse Lances from spamming Lance, get the Bone Spear massive damage (3300%), be able to attack without corpses (Spear), get tons of globes = Essence, proc Krysbin's always AND double your rate of gaining Pestilence DR stacks. Sure this build probably has the math to do the greatest burst damage, but I can still get phat bursts with the Krysbin's guaranteed proc from Dizzying Curse (20% CDR is only 24 sec off of LoTD), with a chance for 300% from stun.  Add in a Cord of Sherma (blind proc Krysbin's for 300%) and vacuuming health from Simulacrum >> Siphon/Sucker for smooth cruising. Or, if you miss the Simulacrum damage, use Siphon/Power Shift which probably gives you more damage % increase anyway (Last I checked 100% @ 10 stacks is better than .5*100 points = 50%) and gives you Health and Essence. I dunno maybe Reilena's is multiplicative and Power Shift is additive. Seems like this build will get killed in most GR and needs a very specific scenario to be successful. I prefer a build that is more flexible/survivable and can deal good burst damage.  

I don't really understand what you're trying to do here, you seem to have wanted to shoehorn bone spear into this build where it doesn't fit at all. Your bone spear damage will go from basically 0 to just very low, at the cost of removing 50% damage reduction, the extra elites from the nemesis bracers, 20% cdr, 50% of your essence and basically all your health sustain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Dzeuz
On 8/19/2017 at 10:59 AM, Guest Raptor said:

So i see nobody asked this question, Why in the world are you using Reservoir for simulacrum? Its pretty uesless because i tested WITHOUT Reservoir and i literally never ran out of Essence. Is there some benefit im not understand? Because the Simulacrum doesnt copy your corpse lances, Only secondary abilities.

Your cube wep gets 0,5% dmg increase  per essence. thats why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...