FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
NohTime

Could Use Some Pointers

Hi all! 

I have been playing as a prot warrior since vanilla and took a break after WotLK. Coming back into legion I have decided to try my hand at Fury DPS but could use some pointers in order to help me perform better.

My Armory page is : Armory

An example log from a fight I joined last night : Log (My character name in the log is Anakaret)

I realise that my legendaries are not very good for single target, but the only fury one I have managed to get is the waist. The bracers are just leftover from my tanking. I also use Konsheince Fury 7.2.5 in weak aura to help me out. I am also still trying to get used to the idea of potting in fights so I only pre-potted I think but then forgot to pot again =/

I really appreciate any help you guys could give me, I have been a reader of the forum for quite some time. Thanks again =D

Here's my review from the logs:

- Opener: You used BC->OF->(Avatar)->RP->(Trinket)->BT->RB->FS->BT->RB

The minor error of this opener is, that the OF from start will be buffed from BC, but not your enrage which means -50% dmg due to not using your mastery value. Second is that the OF will not be buffed by Avatar as well. My advice here is to make a Makro on BC which always casts Avatar with BC. It's just simple and easy.

Here is the opener or better the default BC usage: BC+Avatar->RP->RB->OF->BT->RB

With the Umbral Glaives as trinket I recommend following usage: (Trinket)->BT->BC->RP->RB->BT->OF->RB

This will be only used if the trinket is ready and BC is about to get off CD. The trinket does have a duration of 8 seconds while your BC only have a duration of 7 seconds. The proc at the end of the trinket does more dmg as the regular 1sec proc. The Global CD in front of your BC allows the trinket to release the final proc buffed with BC (100%crit+additional crit dmg) which has more value than the 1sec procs before.

-> Mid of fight:

You just pressed OF without any buff, not even enraged. Don't ever do this again. Always fit your OF with BC. If you messed up the BC rotation with OF then at least do it only if you are enraged. With convergence equipped just always align it with your BC, but don't wait for OF to pull BC.

-> Talents:

You used Warmachine at Goroth. When there are no adds in the fight better use endless rage.

Thanks for having a look Milka. Guess I just need to work on my opener and be mindful of my cooldowns. In regards to the warmachine talent, I hear you, I think I had run out of tomes. So in regards to an opener using everything, it  would look like:

Charge->Avatar->Trinket->BT->BC->RP->RB->BT->OF->RB ?

Having played prot for so long I'm used to muscle memory on my mouse so I am finding it hard to relearn where stuff is. I typically am beaten in the meters by other fury/arms warriors but at least 100k dps, so am I correct in assuming that with the correct legendaries and these changes I should be getting higher than the 50% percentilie? I tend to feel I am disadvantaged by the legendaries I am using. 

Edited by NohTime

You're welcome.

The opener still remains with the trinket:

Charge->(Trinket)->BT->BC(+Avatar)->RP->RB->OF->BT->RB    *edit

Avatar is off from the Global CD so you need the BT or RB or whatever, just 1 Global CD.

You are not performing as bad as you might think. With these small changes you will probably get the 100k more dps. The legendarys will come some time. A big help for enrage uptime would be the Legendary Helmet or pants which also results in more dps. The experience will come with longer playtime and legendary's too.

Edited by Milka

Thanks for the explanation Milka. I'll try out these changes and perhaps move some buttons around. Additionally I think I will make some weakaura CD timers for my cooldown abilities. HOpefully it won't take too long to get the head and legs legendaries!

Just as a quick update I moved some buttons, got my weakaura to show bar cooldowns for BC, OD, Warglaives and Avatar. I also made the BC/avatar macro and sorted my opener. However with my weakaura its telling me to do OF after the RB (after BC->RP) as I am still enraged. So it looks like: 

Charge->(Trinket)->BT->BC(+Avatar)->RP->RB->OF->BT->RB

I am guessing with the rotation you mentioned above I stay enraged for the full duration of the BC? In any case my DPS has gone up by quite a bit and I got the legendary helmet yesterday! Thanks so much for your advice. I dont have a log to post but I am finding that the log isn't what I am recording in Recount. Say for instance on Goroth on heroic I am hitting 920k dps ish on recount but logs are showing 716k dps. 

Thanks again!

4 hours ago, NohTime said:

However with my weakaura its telling me to do OF after the RB (after BC->RP) as I am still enraged. So it looks like: 

I am guessing with the rotation you mentioned above I stay enraged for the full duration of the BC?

I think your WA is correct. Otherwise you eventually will be pushing out the OF-ticks out of your BC-Window. 

Edited by Allseye

17 hours ago, NohTime said:

Indeed! Was a typo sorry.

Will correct it in the post

Just as an update, my dps has improved dramatically since the changes. I also managed to get the helm/legs legendary combo which seems to help on my ramapage casts. However something I have noticed which I know should be better, but just can't suss out what I am doing wrong, is my enrage uptime. I am unsure what it should be for 4piece t20+helm+legs but it typically sits between 60-70%. Is this correct? Here's the logs from my last run I did in ToS. Sisters was my best parse but even my enrage uptime is only 63%. I must be doing something wrong?

I changed my name to Noh finally!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wrc7JAYXbtGpBTdF/

Edited by NohTime

Very Well!

The enrage uptime is OK. T19 was more about maximizing your enrage uptime, but T20 provides no bonus to enrage uptime, so in between 60-70 % is totally fine.

I got 66% enrage uptime at sisters at an average parse. 75% at my best which resulted in 1.102.510 dps.

One additional thing with Helm/pants only. You definitely want to minimize the amount of FS and stack the T20 4p. This works only with.. guess what.. luck. So basically it's not possible to have more than 1 stack of the 4p following your normal Priority rotation and keep Frothing up and additionally don't waste GCD on FS. Except of some situations.

1. Bloodlust on pull will probably have enough Rage gain to use the rotation: (Does not work everytime)

Charge-(Trinket)-BT-(BC+Avatar)-RP-RB-OF-(100Rage)RP-RB-BT

If you don't achieve 100Rage just use BT instead of RP

2. Odyn's Glory proc:

BC-RP-RB-OF-RP-RB-BT

The explanation:

BC -

RP - Dump your rage

RB - First Blow

OF - Here's the tricky thing. OF has now with the new traits 2 modes which are random. One which generates 30 Rage and one which leeches the dmg you deal. If your lucky you get the 30 Rage proc.

RP - With the additional Rage of OF you are again at 100 Rage and can press RP to dump it.

RB - The CD of RB is finished

BT - Now with +100% dmg because of the 2 stacks of the T20 4P and fully buffed from BC

Hope this is somehow understandable.