Stan

In-Development Video: Stukov, New Skins & Sprays

17 posts in this topic

Y3qOLBy.jpg

In the latest in-development video, Blizzard shows off Stukov and various new Skins for existing Heroes that will go live with the patch next week.

New Skins

  • Stukov
    • Dictator Stukov
    • Kaldir Stukov
    • UED Stukov
    • Zerus Stukov
    • Admiral Krakenov
    • Ghost Admiral Krakenov
    • Reef Admiral Krakenov
    • Tideswept Admiral Krakenov
    • Vice Admiral Krakenov
  • Auriel
    • Glorious Archangel Auriel
    • Shadow Demonic Auriel
  • Chromie
    • Leper Timewalker Chromie
  • Diablo
    • Skyborne Archangel Diablo
    • Horrific Prime Evil Diablo
    • Timeless Prime Evil Diablo
  • Illidan
    • Vordrassil Shan’do Illidan
  • Johanna
    • Holy Spellbreaker Johanna
  • Kerrigan
    • Queen of MEKA Kerrigan
    • Queen of Templar Kerrigan
  • Li-Ming
    • Infernal Archon Li-Ming
  • Muradin
    • Umojan Maraudin’ Muradin
  • Rexxar
    • Biohazard Raider Rexxar
  • Tyrael
    • Vengeful Archangel Tyrael
  • Xul
    • Bone Visage Xul
    • Classic Bone Visage Xul
    • Royal Bone Visage Xul
    • Rusted Bone Visage Xul
    • Skeletal Bone Visage Xul
    • Reaper Necromaster Xul

Here's the video showcasing all new Skins & Sprays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Horrific Prime Evil Diablo looks amazing.

Also, the sprays look very interesting, as they hint of possible upcoming skins:

0:56: upper left side. Pirate Greymane? Which transforms into a Hammershark?

0:56: upper right side. Pirate Sgt. Hammer on a deck ship with cannons?

0:56: lower left side. Pirate Probius???

1:00: upper right side. Pirate/Shark Dehaka?

If we get those skins in the future it will be awesome.

Edited by Valhalen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's put a new color .... so we said, new Legendary items. We've been doing this for a long time and nobody's complaining! Now shades of blue ... now shades of green ..... now shades of pink ..... now shades of red .... how long ????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recolors of the Storm. And "let's give Kerri even more skins/(skin variations) and 0 gameplay changes that she definitely needs." Seems legit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SteveFrost said:

Recolors of the Storm. And "let's give Kerri even more skins/(skin variations) and 0 gameplay changes that she definitely needs." Seems legit

At least you don't have to spend real money on those anymore. And having more color variations of the Skins means higher chances of getting said Skins. I don't think this is entirely a bad thing. Sure, would be better if by unlocking one skin you'd get all color variations, but that would diminish the value of loot boxes.

Blizz is known for doing that. Take a look at WoW, where you have lots of mounts with slightly different colors.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is all given for free, just freaking play the game. I agree, adding more recolors instead of new skins is meh, but complaining about more free stuff is kinda even worse IMO.

Edited by Jonar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2017 at 7:42 PM, Jonar said:

This is all given for free, just freaking play the game. I agree, adding more recolors instead of new skins is meh, but complaining about more free stuff is kinda even worse IMO.

I'm not complaining about the free stuff per se (the new rewards system is the best in any game I've played so far and I'm pretty much a MOBA freak) but the oversaturation of them (if you read my post) and mostly that the Heroes who get them (some of them at least) are neglected.

On 4/7/2017 at 7:26 PM, Valhalen said:

At least you don't have to spend real money on those anymore. And having more color variations of the Skins means higher chances of getting said Skins. I don't think this is entirely a bad thing. Sure, would be better if by unlocking one skin you'd get all color variations, but that would diminish the value of loot boxes.

Blizz is known for doing that. Take a look at WoW, where you have lots of mounts with slightly different colors.

The skins that come out are pretty high quality, no doubt about that. It's nice of them to deliver such content on a regular basis and making it more accessible. It's just that that they feel like a 'trap' imho (money or otherwise, though with the new system not much of the former; still however) since the Hero who gets them isn't in a good spot/hard to learn/not very rewarding or a combination of those. Like, aside from Kerri (who definitely falls under 1 and 2 imho and even 3) there's also Nova, who has gotten a lot of skins (and will keep getting) but balance wise, she's probably one of the worst Heroes right now, if not THE worst. She had a Talent Tree rework but that did little to nothing to help her if not making things worse. She's one of my most faves but I was really dissatisfied when she got the Widowmaker skin (she had plenty already + that pretty much rules out the possibility of Widowmaker coming as her own character- which she totally could imho since aside from being (hawt) female snipers, they have nothing else in common. Like, Raynor and Tychus are both in a Marine suit but play entirely differently). Right now, she's only good at pubstomping QMs and the like.

I know, the team that makes the skins is separate from the balance team but that...'lack of sync' (sort to speak) is kinda unnerving.

Ok, rant over :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SteveFrost said:

The skins that come out are pretty high quality, no doubt about that. It's nice of them to deliver such content on a regular basis and making it more accessible. It's just that that they feel like a 'trap' imho (money or otherwise, though with the new system not much of the former; still however) since the Hero who gets them isn't in a good spot/hard to learn/not very rewarding or a combination of those. Like, aside from Kerri (who definitely falls under 1 and 2 imho and even 3) there's also Nova, who has gotten a lot of skins (and will keep getting) but balance wise, she's probably one of the worst Heroes right now, if not THE worst. She had a Talent Tree rework but that did little to nothing to help her if not making things worse. She's one of my most faves but I was really dissatisfied when she got the Widowmaker skin (she had plenty already + that pretty much rules out the possibility of Widowmaker coming as her own character- which she totally could imho since aside from being (hawt) female snipers, they have nothing else in common. Like, Raynor and Tychus are both in a Marine suit but play entirely differently). Right now, she's only good at pubstomping QMs and the like.

I know, the team that makes the skins is separate from the balance team but that...'lack of sync' (sort to speak) is kinda unnerving.

Ok, rant over :3

I don't think there is any correlation between the Heroes that get new skins and their placement in meta. Tracer keeps getting new skins and she is really good (annoyingly good). I think the devs just try to come with new skin ideas for the most popular Heroes. Nova might be in a poor state in the meta, but as a character she is really popular. That is why The Lost Vikings never got a new skin, because as characters they are not popular, regardless of their high winrate.

But I agree that the "skin distribution" is really poor at the moment. There are characters who haven't got a new skin in years, while other characters have way too many skins. I think the devs are trying to counter balance this a bit by adding more recolors.

Also, Nova getting the Widowmaker skin doesn't mean much. She got the Amazon skin but we still got the Cassia the Amazon as a playable character. Azmodan got the Azgul'dan skin and Gul'dan still became a playable character. I think Widowmaker surely could be included in the future, but not yet (personally I'd rather not since I hate Nova and having another sniper would be annoying, hahaha).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Valhalen said:

I don't think there is any correlation between the Heroes that get new skins and their placement in meta. Tracer keeps getting new skins and she is really good (annoyingly good). I think the devs just try to come with new skin ideas for the most popular Heroes. Nova might be in a poor state in the meta, but as a character she is really popular. That is why The Lost Vikings never got a new skin, because as characters they are not popular, regardless of their high winrate.

But I agree that the "skin distribution" is really poor at the moment. There are characters who haven't got a new skin in years, while other characters have way too many skins. I think the devs are trying to counter balance this a bit by adding more recolors.

Also, Nova getting the Widowmaker skin doesn't mean much. She got the Amazon skin but we still got the Cassia the Amazon as a playable character. Azmodan got the Azgul'dan skin and Gul'dan still became a playable character. I think Widowmaker surely could be included in the future, but not yet (personally I'd rather not since I hate Nova and having another sniper would be annoying, hahaha).

Believe me, I know of that dreaded popularity factor all too well in many vidya games. Makes sense from the devs side and as a company policy but at the same time, many players will probably be really unhappy.

There's this conspiracy theory that someone gets a cool new skin/avatar/whatever and then gets nerfed (intentionally) or he/she is bad to begin with (especially in LoL of Legends). I'm not 100% with this (tho some cases seem to be on point) just that, having a cool new skin doesn't help much when you struggle in-game and have a negative experience most often than not.

The biggest point against Widowmaker coming is that, since there's that skin now (that looks EXACTLY like Widowmaker or close to that) there would be some very significant clarity issues (2 characters, skins involved or not should never look alike that much). Haven't played Diablo at all so I don't know if some characters were pre-existing or were just 'made up' to represent the class but imho, the other 2 cases weren't as big offenders. I really hope Widowmaker does come, it would be really unfair for her to be just a skin (which goes for every character- like I'm really afraid the only way Mercy can come is as a skin for Auriel) and Overwatch isn't that rich in characters (not yet at least) as the other franchises.

Since you don't like snipers I guess Chromie and Li Ming aren't exactly your favorites eh? :>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SteveFrost said:

I really hope Widowmaker does come, it would be really unfair for her to be just a skin (which goes for every character- like I'm really afraid the only way Mercy can come is as a skin for Auriel) and Overwatch isn't that rich in characters (not yet at least) as the other franchises.

Since you don't like snipers I guess Chromie and Li Ming aren't exactly your favorites eh? :>

The problem with Mercy is that she would be too similar to Lt. Morales in terms of gameplay. Mercy's abilities can be dissected into Auriel (ressurrecting) and Morales (healing beam), so there isn't really a point into adding her to the game; she'd be better as a skin.

Now Widowmaker, on the other hand, has a unique kit, with the grappling hook and venom mine.

Yeah, as someone who mains Support, snipers and stealthies are the bane of my existence, haha.

Edited by Valhalen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

The problem with Mercy is that she would be too similar to Lt. Morales in terms of gameplay. Mercy's abilities can be dissected into Auriel (ressurrecting) and Morales (healing beam), so there isn't really a point into adding her to the game; she'd be better as a skin.

Now Widowmaker, on the other hand, has a unique kit, with the grappling hook and venom mine.

Yeah, as someone who mains Support, snipers and stealthies are the bane of my existence, haha.

I know and that makes me really sad cause I love Mercy and I'm unable to play Overwatch atm because of toaster for a laptop...:/ (funny story, Blizz did throw me an invite for a beta weekend, "error no compatible hardware found" despite them collecting info on players systems beforehand- I got for HotS too and could play without (many) problems, and so I went to an internet cafe, couldn't really pass the chance to play).

Support main eh? Your kind is really rare these days lol kudos to you (I don't mind playing supp personally and in HotS pretty much everyone's viable with his own way to heal where you almost never see healer comps in other mobas cause either they need a ton of AP to scale or they're plain weak)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SteveFrost said:

Support main eh? Your kind is really rare these days lol kudos to you (I don't mind playing supp personally and in HotS pretty much everyone's viable with his own way to heal where you almost never see healer comps in other mobas cause either they need a ton of AP to scale or they're plain weak)

I was a main healer in WoW, so old habits die hard, hahaha. I started healing in WoW because there was no one else in my Guild up to it, and I started liking it more than DPS'ing or tanking. And healing in HotS is really fun because Support classes have their share of damage and utility other than just healing.

As a matter of fact, me and my buddies stomped a Quick Match yesterday using a comp of 5 healers: Auriel (me), Uther, Tyrande, Brightwing and Malfurion. Man, it was one of the best matches ever.

Edited by Valhalen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Valhalen said:

I was a main healer in WoW, so old habits die hard, hahaha. I started healing in WoW because there was no one else in my Guild up to it, so I started liking it more than DPS'ing or tanking. And healing in HotS is really fun because Support classes have their share of damage and utility.

As a matter of fact, me and my buddies stomped a Quick Match yesterday using a comp of 5 healers: Auriel (me), Uther, Tyrande, Brightwing and Malfurion. Man, it was one of the best matches ever.

Naisuuuu, haha. I guess Tyrande went full damage  (even then there's overflowing light level 16 which I get pretty much every time)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SteveFrost said:

Naisuuuu, haha. I guess Tyrande went full damage  (even then there's overflowing light level 16 which I get pretty much every time)

Yeah, our Tyrande went with this build, if I'm not wrong. The opposing team was a premade as well, and I can tell by the results of the match that we've ruined some friendships. They started all cocky at the early match, often using dances and spray to taunt us, but then we squashed them so hard. It was on Battlefield of Eternity.

I never had so much fun in this game.

Edited by Valhalen
Fixed Talent Build link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

Yeah, our Tyrande went with this build, if I'm not wrong. The opposing team was a premade as well, and I can tell by the results of the match that we've ruined some friendships. They started all cocky at the early match, often using dances and spray to taunt us, but then we squashed them so hard. It was on Battlefield of Eternity.

I never had so much fun in this game.

I think the link is broken, I don't see any talents selected but I don't mind, no worries

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan

      Learn more about new Mecha skins and bundles that went live with today's patch in the official preview!
      Now onto things that were not mentioned in the latest patch notes:
      In addition to Mecha skins, a new legendary Mecha Tyrael announcer has been added to the game, together with sprays and emojis! Blizzard also released a new video titled MechaStorm. Check it out below!
      Blizzard (Source)
      Arm your Heroes with the latest and greatest technological advancements the Nexus has to offer by picking up new Mecha Skins for Tyrael, Rehgar, and Abathur! These Mechas are built tough, with durability ratings so high they’re guaranteed to be combat-ready whenever you enter the queue, and come back swinging every time you put them through the ringer on the battlefield.
      If it’s style you’re after, our Mechas are crafted using only the finest, artisanal techniques and the rarest materials. With upgraded visual effects on their abilities and altered voiceover kits, you’ll be so sleek, sophisticated, and intimidating during hostile engagements that even D.Va will be jealous—Hell, we’ve even installed custom Hearthstone animations for Tyrael and Rehgar so you can show off even more flair when you need to make an exit.
      Now, why don’t we step over to the show floor so you can check out what we’ve got in stock.
      New Skins
      We just received a shipment containing 10 top-of-the-line models that will be sure to keep up with your every move on the battlefield! The new legendary skins listed below can be forged using shards, or opened in Loot Chests.
      Abathur
      Xenotech Abathur Saboteur Xenotech Abathur Sinister Xenotech Abathur Dehaka
      V.haka Rehgar
      Mecha Rehgar Custom Mecha Rehgar Death's Head Mecha Rehgar Tyrael
      Mecha Tyrael Deathreaper Mecha Tyrael Strike Mecha Tyrael New Bundles
      We’ve put together several Heroic Mecha Bundles so discerning pilots can acquire a range of models for their Hero of choice. If you’d rather amass a stockpile of firepower in one fell swoop, then you might prefer the MechaStorm Bundle, instead. Each of our Mecha Bundles below can be purchased using gems, but they’ll only be available until January 29, so be sure to build your arsenal before they blast off!
      MechaStorm Bundle
      Heroes
      Abathur Rehgar Tyrael Legendary Skins
      Xenotech Abathur Saboteur Xenotech Abathur Sinister Xenotech Abathur Mecha Rehgar Custom Mecha Rehgar Death's Head Mecha Rehgar Mecha Tyrael Deathreaper Mecha Tyrael Strike Mecha Tyrael Heroic Mecha Bundles
      Abathur Bundle
      Hero
      Abathur Skins
      Xenotech Abathur Saboteur Xenotech Abathur Sinister Xenotech Abathur Rehgar Bundle
      Hero
      Rehgar Skins
      Mecha Rehgar Custom Mecha Rehgar Death's Head Mecha Rehgar Tyrael Bundle
      Hero
      Tyrael Skins
      Mecha Tyrael Deathreaper Mecha Tyrael Strike Mecha Tyrael Don't forget to customize! We've added a legendary Mecha Tyrael announcer, as well as a barrage of Mecha-themed sprays and emojis to the collection that you can use to make your loadouts really sing.
      Now that you’ve had a look around, how about a test drive? Head to the featured tab in the collection to give these skins a spin in Try Mode, and we’ll see you in the Nexus.
    • By Stan

      A new patch just hit live servers and Tyrael received a rework. The previously teased Mecha skins are now available for purchase separately, or as a bundle.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Heroes
      Warrior
      Tyrael

      General
      Tyrael will now face the target of his Basic Attack after attacking.  This is a visual change, and does not directly affect gameplay Passive Spell Armor has been removed Stats
      Base Maximum Health increased from 2296 to 2468 Health Regeneration increased from 4.78 to 5.14 Abilities
      El’druin’s Might (Q) Mana cost reduced from 50 to 45 Righteousness (W) Mana cost reduced from 60 to 50 Allied Shield amount changed from a flat value to 40% of the Tyrael-only Shield value. This is the same amount of Shields, but it makes it easier to understand new Talent interactions Smite (E) Can now be cast while moving Damage increased from 144 to 150 Talents
      Level 1 Salvation (W) Moved from level 16 New functionality: Increase Righteousness’ Tyrael-only Shield amount by 25%. If the Shield is destroyed, heal Tyrael for 125 Health. (New) Justice for All (W) Increases Righteousness’ allied shield value to 100% of the Tyrael-only Shield amount. (New) Ardent Restoration (Passive) Damaging an enemy Hero grants 2.5 Health per Second to Tyrael for 5 seconds.  Stacks up to 10 times. Protection in Death (Trait) Removed Even in Death (Trait) Removed Regeneration Master (Passive) Removed Level 4 (New) Stalwart Angel (Q) Tyrael gains 25 Armor while El'druin's Might is out, and for 3 seconds after teleporting. (New) Bound by Law (Q) Increases El’druin’s Might’s slow amount from 25 to 35%. Tyrael’s Basic Attacks increase the duration of the slow by 1 second, up to 4 seconds. (New) Divine Vigor (Passive) Damaging an enemy with Smite causes Tyrael's Basic Attacks to heal him for 50% of their damage for 4 seconds. Vigorous Strike (Passive) Removed Level 7 Purge Evil (E) Moved from level 1 New functionality: Every enemy Hero hit by Smite increases Tyrael's Basic Attack damage by 30% for 4 seconds Swift Retribution (E) Movement Speed bonus increased from 10 to 20% No longer increases the duration of Smite’s Movement Speed bonus Added functionality: Now also causes Smite’s friendly effect to increase Attack Speed by 25% Angel’s Grace (Q) Removed Zealotry (W) Removed Follow Through (Passive) Removed Level 13 Sword of Justice (Q) Moved from level 16 New functionality: Can teleport with El'druin's Might twice, returning to Tyrael’s original position. Holy Ground (Q) Moved from level 16 Duration reduced from 4 to 3 seconds (New) Law and Order (W) Reduce the cooldown of Righteousness by 1 second for each enemy Hero hit by Smite.  Righteousness increases the damage of your next Smite by 25% for each ally affected. Burning Rage (Passive) Removed Angelic Absorption (W) Removed Angelic Might (E) Removed Level 16 (New) Burning Halo (Q) El'druin and Tyrael deal 15 damage per second to nearby enemies. This damage is increased by 100% for Tyrael for 3 seconds after teleporting to El’Druin. Horadric Reforging (Q) Moved from level 4 New functionality: Basic Attacks reduce the cooldown of El'druin's Might by 1.5 seconds (New) Smite the Wicked (E) Smite’s cooldown recharges 100% faster while El'druin is out and for 3 seconds after teleporting to El’Druin Blood for Blood (Active) Removed Level 20 (New) Defense of the Angels (Active) Activate to reduce all incoming damage by 40% for 5 seconds.  Any time Tyrael or an ally shielded by Righteousness take damage, reduce the cooldown by 3 seconds. 120 second cooldown (New) Seal of El’druin (Passive) Every time Tyrael casts a Basic Ability, increase his Attack Speed by 50% for 3 seconds Nullification Shield (Active) Removed Nexus Blades (Passive) Removed Bug Fixes
      Heroes, Abilities, and Talents
      Blaze: Fixed an issue allowing players to cast Flame Stream while dead if they entered a Bunker while dying. Blaze: Fixed an issue that could cause Heroes to enter permanent Stasis if they were killed just as they entered a Bunker. Hanzo & Leoric: Fixed an issue causing Towers to spawn if Leoric was directly impacted by Sonic Arrow. Malfurion & Stitches:  Fixed an issue that could cause Heroes to become unplayable if Nature’s Cure was cast while they were affected by Stitches’ Gorge. Malfurion & Zagara: Nature’s Cure can no longer cleanse Heroes of the Devouring Maw effect. Uther:  The Well Met talent will no longer affect non-Heroic units. Valeera: The Strangle talent will no longer affect non-Heroic units.
    • By Stan

      Free Hero rotation has been updated for the week of January 16 and it's the first free week for Hanzo!
      Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: January 16, 2018
      Malfurion Valla Gazlowe Johanna Thrall Dehaka Leoric Auriel Greymane Stukov Garrosh (Slot unlocked at Player Level 5) Probius (Slot unlocked at Player Level 10) Valeera (Slot unlocked at Player Level 15) Hanzo (Slot unlocked at Player Level 20) (Source)
    • By Stan

      Heroes of the Storm Highlights are back with the 100th episode of WTF Moments!
      WTF Moments reached a new milestone. The series now has 100 episodes! Don't forget to submit your own replays here for a chance to be featured in an upcoming episode.
      Previous Episodes
      WTF Moments Episode 99 & Best of 2017 WTF Moments Episode 98 WTF Moments Episode 97
    • By Stan

      Blizzard released a new teaser image over on Twitter earlier today. According to the latest in-development video, new "Mecha" skins are currently in the works for Abathur, Rehgar and Tyrael...but is that it?
      Folks over on reddit started speculating that the teaser isn't only related to upcoming skins. The text mentions "Neo Stormwind". Do you think a Warcraft-themed Battleground is coming next?  We'll need to wait for more teasers to find out! Based on the most recent leaks, we should see Mal'Ganis and Belial fairly soon.
      Placeholder for tweet 952601211861065730 The following skins will be available to Rehgar, Tyrael and Abathur soon:
      Mecha Rehgar

      Mecha Tyrael

      Xenotech Abathur