Zadina

"Play A Friend!" Fixed to Award Double Gold to Both Players

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

AWpjimu.png

The hotfix was passed last night.

There was an issue with the "Play A Friend!" quest awarding 160 gold (double the normal amount) only the the holder of the quest, whereas the opponent friend only got the usual 80 gold. The issue was hotfixed last night, although the quest reward will still be displayed as 80 in the UI.

Blizzard LogoCM_Keganbe

The Midsummer Fire Festival is hot, hot, HOT! However, bugs are not, not, not. :(

Recently, we discovered an issue with the Midsummer Fire Festival’s double gold feature not properly granting the friend participating in the “Play a Friend!” Quest double gold. We have rolled out a hotfix for this issue and the Quest is now working properly in all regions. Both the player that has the “Play a Friend!” Quest and the friend they are playing against will receive the Midsummer Fire Festival double gold bonus.

Friends that only received 80 gold from the “Play a Friend!” Quest rather than the intended 160 gold for the Midsummer Fire Festival event will receive their missing 80 gold. A pop-up will appear in-game that will notify the affected players that 80 gold has been added from outside the game.

Please note that the UI will still display that 80 gold has been awarded to the challenged friend, but the awarded gold will correctly be 160 gold. We apologize that we are unable to adjust the UI at this time.

Thank you for your understanding, and enjoy the Midsummer Fire Festivities! (source)

The Midsummer Fire Festival started on July 5 and will last for two weeks. During it, you can earn double gold when completing quests.

• Like 1

Woah, it's 5 weeks? That's great. I think I'm going to save my gold for the expansion, because I'm excited for it and might even preorder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

Woah, it's 5 weeks? That's great. I think I'm going to save my gold for the expansion, because I'm excited for it and might even preorder.

Sorry my bad, it's two. I guess I wrote five because I had written July 5 before xD

13 hours ago, Zadina said:

Sorry my bad, it's two. I guess I wrote five because I had written July 5 before xD

LOL, that's what I thought.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this