nicarlitos

Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_19.jpgJuggernaut's Focusing Crystal

I was wondering what folks think about this trinket?

Here's my "back of a fag packet" analysis (don't worry I'm British, so fag is not a hate word- it means cigarette!).

Our guild killed the fallen protectors last week. I was doing around 97k dps, equating to approx 55M damage for the whole fight of 9 mins 30 secs.

Ok....using the calculator...

2.65% of the total damage is ~1.47M. This doesn't seem like that much....not quite 2x my total health.

HPS would then be this 1.47M divided by the fight length....2.58k HPS

This seemed quite low to me....but, comparing it to my HPS for the fight which was ~47k, this would be a 5% boost (assuming all else equal). This sounds quite good to me...

So, cutting the long short....do you folks think this trink is any good? Will you other DKs be using your bonus rolls on Iron Jug?

Cheers,
Nic

• Like 1

hmm, looking at the other possible tinket options I don't think the 2.56% heal are that great. I would say the CD reduction and the area of effect damage reduction on use are better options.

Even though I'm currently using this (the only tank trinket so far to drop from SoO for us) I'd have to agree with Farnion. Especially as it has dodge as base. If that whole amount would be mastery I'd probably have this to switch in place of the AoE reduction trinket on some fights, but I see the CD reduction and AoE damage reduction far above this one.

Monks and Druids might like this one though.

Agreeing with Herlee.

The Focusing Crystal might have its uses for tanks with weaker selfhealing but since DKs are pretty much built around selfhealing, the amount from this trinket seems too low to be of much use.

I agree with Herlee those are the perfered best trinkets for DK tanking, though  inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_19.jpgJuggernaut's Focusing Crystal is great for pulling trash mobs where you might be tanking alot of low to medium damage dealing mobs. It helps in evening out the spikes of incoming damage.

The last choice for 2ndary trinket is  inv_jewelry_trinket_09.jpgVial of Dragon's Blood

Combining both inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_19.jpgJuggernaut's Focusing Crystal and inv_jewelry_trinket_09.jpgVial of Dragon's Blood is a great combo when you dont need to worry about having alot of hp but more avoidance and mastery.

Edited by Asopus

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Neshama
      Hi, Im having shoulders with 925 ilevel, mastery and verstality, but also I do have shoulders 915 ilevel, haste and avoidance.

Whats better, lower item level but with best stats (haste/avoidance), or higher item level but with mastery and versa ?? 

In overall, is it better to aim for "best" stats or just push item level first? 

• By RaiTaebeck
      So, I'm currently maining Blood DK and that's the spec that I've gotten my 4 legends on. I do occasionally use UH and was wondering which of my legends would be most effective for it. Just a foreword, all of the gear that the legends replace is about equal; all 915-920 and don't cause any major stat changes so its not like using one legend over another causes me to use a bad piece. I have Soul of the Deathlord, which is the one I use most on UH, and I have  Shackles of Bryndaor, Archimonde's Hatred Reborn, and Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus. Does the Shackles passive work on UH, if so, could that be a better boost for Val'kyr[Dark Arbiter Talent] (b/c you can cycle more RP)? Other than that I'm just wondering which out weighs the other, STR or the secondaries?
      Edit: and just in case it makes a difference, my talent build is; http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/unholy/c75z
    • By kidglock34
      I figured I'd do a Part 2 of this since I've managed to move from having never tanked before to now I can't get enough of it. 
      I've noticed a few things and wanted as much input as I can get. What has struck me so far is the lack of healers running PUGs at the lvl 60-ish area. It takes forever to get a PUG group together and I haven't been able to keep a healer with us more than 1 run through. I've made some DPS friends through PUGs which is pretty cool, but what is up with the healers???
      The second thing is how my damage relates to a few other classes at about the same level. I'm currently lvl 67. I'm able to hold aggro nearly most of the time. I have some PUG members than have a pet with taunt or something but for the most part I am good to go. What I will see are Death Knights and some Warlock/Mages that seem to be doing crazy damage while only being a level or 2 higher than I am. Is that normal or am I undergeared? I haven't quite downloaded a damage meter just yet but from watching the health bar on the enemies I've noticed that those 2 can do some big damage by themselves! So is it a gear issue with me, is it just the nature of their class at that level or are they over-geared with extra goodies figuring their main has helped pay for their current state of their equipment? And with that, any recommendations or just hang in there until I get much higher level when better equipment appears? I have Heirloom for my chest, back, shoulders, weapon and trinkets. I haven't really found any quest gear or dungeon drops that is better that what I have now.
      I can't say Thank You enough to everybody that posted advice and encouragement in my first thread. It was very helpful and I've taken a lot of it to heart and put it to work. I have had so much fun doing this...as like most things in life you are leery of...once you try it you only regret NOT doing it sooner. 
    • By Enqua
      Hi,
      I have a question: For the ascendance / gambler build the haste stat is on top of the priority list. Our trinket priority list shows that a static mastery stat increase via a trinket is higher on the priority than a static haste increase.
      How come? 
      Regards, Enqua
    • By nrotter2468
      I recently obtained several high item level trinkets for resto, but since healing isn't supported on simcraft I have no way of telling what to use when.
      I have a 930 Amalgam's Seventh Spine, a 910 The Deceiver's Grand Design, a 905 Sea Star of the Depthmother, and a 910 Bloom of New Growth
      I'm currently using the grand design and sea star, but am wondering if any of the others are better than the star.

I also have a question about ele trinkets, specifically at what number of targets I should swap my 930 Tarnished Sentinel Medallion for my 920 Spectral Thurible? My second ele trinket is a 895 Whispers in the Dark, which as far as I can tell should always be used.