nicarlitos

Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_19.jpgJuggernaut's Focusing Crystal

I was wondering what folks think about this trinket?

Here's my "back of a fag packet" analysis (don't worry I'm British, so fag is not a hate word- it means cigarette!).

Our guild killed the fallen protectors last week. I was doing around 97k dps, equating to approx 55M damage for the whole fight of 9 mins 30 secs.

Ok....using the calculator...

2.65% of the total damage is ~1.47M. This doesn't seem like that much....not quite 2x my total health.

HPS would then be this 1.47M divided by the fight length....2.58k HPS

This seemed quite low to me....but, comparing it to my HPS for the fight which was ~47k, this would be a 5% boost (assuming all else equal). This sounds quite good to me...

So, cutting the long short....do you folks think this trink is any good? Will you other DKs be using your bonus rolls on Iron Jug?

Cheers,
Nic

• Like 1

hmm, looking at the other possible tinket options I don't think the 2.56% heal are that great. I would say the CD reduction and the area of effect damage reduction on use are better options.

Even though I'm currently using this (the only tank trinket so far to drop from SoO for us) I'd have to agree with Farnion. Especially as it has dodge as base. If that whole amount would be mastery I'd probably have this to switch in place of the AoE reduction trinket on some fights, but I see the CD reduction and AoE damage reduction far above this one.

Monks and Druids might like this one though.

Agreeing with Herlee.

The Focusing Crystal might have its uses for tanks with weaker selfhealing but since DKs are pretty much built around selfhealing, the amount from this trinket seems too low to be of much use.

I agree with Herlee those are the perfered best trinkets for DK tanking, though  inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_19.jpgJuggernaut's Focusing Crystal is great for pulling trash mobs where you might be tanking alot of low to medium damage dealing mobs. It helps in evening out the spikes of incoming damage.

The last choice for 2ndary trinket is  inv_jewelry_trinket_09.jpgVial of Dragon's Blood

Combining both inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_19.jpgJuggernaut's Focusing Crystal and inv_jewelry_trinket_09.jpgVial of Dragon's Blood is a great combo when you dont need to worry about having alot of hp but more avoidance and mastery.

Edited by Asopus

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Enqua
      Hi,
      I have a question: For the ascendance / gambler build the haste stat is on top of the priority list. Our trinket priority list shows that a static mastery stat increase via a trinket is higher on the priority than a static haste increase.
      How come? 
      Regards, Enqua
    • By nrotter2468
      I recently obtained several high item level trinkets for resto, but since healing isn't supported on simcraft I have no way of telling what to use when.
      I have a 930 Amalgam's Seventh Spine, a 910 The Deceiver's Grand Design, a 905 Sea Star of the Depthmother, and a 910 Bloom of New Growth
      I'm currently using the grand design and sea star, but am wondering if any of the others are better than the star.

I also have a question about ele trinkets, specifically at what number of targets I should swap my 930 Tarnished Sentinel Medallion for my 920 Spectral Thurible? My second ele trinket is a 895 Whispers in the Dark, which as far as I can tell should always be used.
    • By Teradan
      Hey all,
      most likely something similar has already been asked but still I thought it cant hurt to make my own post.
      Basically I am a Blood DK (https://worldofwarcraft.com/de-de/character/malganis/deathadan) and I am wondering which trinkets I should use.
      Right now I am wearing a Feverish Carapace (Goroth, iLvl 900) and the Reliquary of the Damned (Desolate Host, iLvl 925).
      Yet I recently acquired a Darkmoon Trinket Immortality iLvl 900 and I am unsure of which trinket to replace. Any Ideas?
      I know the Goroth trinket is technically better but I am unsure as the reliquary provides 4k Stam.

any help appreciated
    • By kiowarixie
      Anyone else receiving fear that absolutely wipes haste off?
    • By Sojnekah
      Hey there, looking for some common mistakes I might be making in my gear or dps rotation that I am just not seeing. You'd think it would be pretty basic but my dps has been all over the place recently. 

I will be fighting kiljaeden (pretty standard) and have anywhere from 650-850dps average for the fight. It's gotten me kicked a couple times obviously despite being good on mechanics. I've reviewed several guides, made sure I am enchanted and gemmed... cannot figure it out. What am I doing wrong? (Yes low on meters for other fights as well though not always). 

924 iLevel, wearing legendary belt and chest (dont have tier to wear shoulders and chest)

67% Mastery (issue?) 
      24% Critical Strike
      29% Haste

Opener: Blood Fury, Tome (trinket), Crow, Bestial Wrath, Dire Frenzy, KC, AspectotW, Titan's Thunder, CS, KC, DF...

Repeat KC, CS, And cast DF whenever buff falls off or procs bonus. 

Talent Build is:
      Cobra
      Frenzy
      Posthaste
      Bestial
      Int
      Crow
      Killer Cobra

Helps, tips, advice welcome. 

Are there common mistakes to rotation i might be making even if u dont see it here? Should i be working hard to gear swap? I am at a loss and it is getting frustrating. Thanks