Starym

Exorsus' (Harsh) Reaction to Recent KJ Nerfs

Sign in to follow this  

50 posts in this topic

7JYxglU.jpg

 

With the most recent hotfixes bringing in significant nerfs to Mythic Kil'jaeden, only a day after Exorsus' World 2nd kill, the guild's twitter had some words to share with the WoW devs, and the encounter designers in particular:

We'd already heard a fair amount of complaints from both Method and Exorsus previously, on the state Kil'jaeden was in for the first week and more, but these hotfixes do seem to indicate that KJ was overtuned even in Blizzard's estimation (this, in addition to the 10+ undocumented nerfs he had already received prior to Method's World First kill). We've also heard that there will be a big post coming where all the issues they've had with ToS will be discussed by the GM, Alveona:

 

What do you think about the situation, are Exorsus being too harsh on the devs or do they have a point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps Exorsus should have paid attention to the bottom part of this label on their game box:

Image result for game experience may change during online play

The entitlement displayed by these players is mind boggling. Raid boss changes are about as old as the game is, dating back to C'thun days (and probably before, but that's all I can recall), and it seems like some self-important microdrama like this emerges with every new raid tier. It takes a special kind of special to somehow think that Blizzard isn't making these changes in the best interests of the game. The game these very players love and have devoted an unreasonable amount of time playing. Just, what do they feel like they're losing out on, exactly? You got your kill. All is well in the world.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

Perhaps Exorsus should have paid attention to the bottom part of this label on their game box:

Image result for game experience may change during online play

The entitlement displayed by these players is mind boggling. Raid boss changes are about as old as the game is, dating back to C'thun days (and probably before, but that's all I can recall), and it seems like some self-important microdrama like this emerges with every new raid tier. It takes a special kind of special to somehow think that Blizzard isn't making these changes in the best interests of the game. The game these very players love and have devoted an unreasonable amount of time playing. Just, what do they feel like they're losing out on, exactly? You got your kill. All is well in the world.

Maybe you should wipe on a broken boss and not even get past the first phase for 14 hours a day and see how you feel about it. The raiding scene is nothing like it was in the old days, it is completely reasonable for a tier to be finished in 2 resets. The boss was clearly not tested properly, it was not even remotely possible to kill and Blizzard should not allow that to happen, imagine how demotivating it is to wipe endlessly on a broken boss. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll say the same thing I did on Twitter on this - they should have waited for the first kill of each region. We have 2 CN guilds pushing hard in 3rd and 4th trying to get the kill on KJ and the KR guild looking to get their region first. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oxygen said:

Perhaps Exorsus should have paid attention to the bottom part of this label on their game box:

Image result for game experience may change during online play

The entitlement displayed by these players is mind boggling. Raid boss changes are about as old as the game is, dating back to C'thun days (and probably before, but that's all I can recall), and it seems like some self-important microdrama like this emerges with every new raid tier. It takes a special kind of special to somehow think that Blizzard isn't making these changes in the best interests of the game. The game these very players love and have devoted an unreasonable amount of time playing. Just, what do they feel like they're losing out on, exactly? You got your kill. All is well in the world.

I'm glad you mentioned C'thun. The comparison is quite apt, actually - both bosses were literally unbeatable until Blizzard took action to fix the fights. However, C'thun released in 2006, that sort of thing would be unacceptable in today's raiding environment. There's a reasonable expectation for a game not to be broken, and I have no idea how you can call that entitlement. 

If the top raiding guilds in the world say that a fight is unbeatable, I believe that it is. Saying that they're just complaining that it's hard is ridiculous - they have been raiding since the days of C'thun. They know what hard looks like, and what broken looks like. Better than you, better than me, and better than Blizzard, who doesn't test these fights on PTR - and understandably so, not to ruin the mystery of the mythic endboss - but at the same time, the possibility that an untested boss is broken is very real, and I don't know why people have to hate on the top guilds for saying so. Jealousy, perhaps? I have no idea. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if anything, I'd be happy if I were them, they can proudly say that they beat it on mythic before the nerf

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blizzard needs to start putting in some real effort to make sure raids are properly tested and ready to go at launch, especially this far into the games life. If any of you have spent a good amount of time in tomb you'll have noticed how unfinished it seems. Some of the bosses seem really half assed and quickly thrown together, unlike nighthold where each boss had an interesting and unique design. Some bosses like maiden, host, inquisition. Seems so half assed. And this mythic end of things is no better. In the past mythic has always meant new and difficult mechanics that changed the way you did the fight. In tomb it just means everything does double damage and theres more of it. More adds spawn, more hydra shots, more glaives.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny that people complain more about one boss over another. Xavius was simple on Mythic difficulty (well under tuned.) To all of these guilds, however, he was a less important entity to kill than Kil'jaeden. People are more drawn to this raid boss, and they expected him to remain hard.

What cutting edge raiders don't understand is testing. They know their job, and they know it well: kill the boss. The tuning and testing happens internally, and it has to. That's the whole point to a QA team. Blizzard doesn't have these raiders on their QA team. Slootbag and several others have been offered the job, but they turn it down because they're not ready yet. The QA team is far better (and readily available) than it has ever been before, and they're improving. Given more time, perhaps more cutting edge raiders will slowly join the ranks at Blizzard Entertainment and bring more raiding knowledge to the scene than Blizzard currently has. Hell, maybe we'll even see less cheesing and more mechanical behavior like Siegecrafter Blackfuse and Paragons of the Klaxxi (pre-nerfs).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enviousmtg said:

I'm glad you mentioned C'thun. The comparison is quite apt, actually - both bosses were literally unbeatable until Blizzard took action to fix the fights. However, C'thun released in 2006, that sort of thing would be unacceptable in today's raiding environment. There's a reasonable expectation for a game not to be broken, and I have no idea how you can call that entitlement. 

If the top raiding guilds in the world say that a fight is unbeatable, I believe that it is. Saying that they're just complaining that it's hard is ridiculous - they have been raiding since the days of C'thun. They know what hard looks like, and what broken looks like. Better than you, better than me, and better than Blizzard, who doesn't test these fights on PTR - and understandably so, not to ruin the mystery of the mythic endboss - but at the same time, the possibility that an untested boss is broken is very real, and I don't know why people have to hate on the top guilds for saying so. Jealousy, perhaps? I have no idea. 

It's not so much as them saying it, it is how it is said. Granted most of these comments are out of frustration, but then again when you really get to the point of the matter all of this stress is self-inflicted just to be first. As SMOrcMan stated, they should instead feel good knowing they beat it before the heavy nerfs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oxlotus said:

It's funny that people complain more about one boss over another. Xavius was simple on Mythic difficulty (well under tuned.) To all of these guilds, however, he was a less important entity to kill than Kil'jaeden. People are more drawn to this raid boss, and they expected him to remain hard.

What cutting edge raiders don't understand is testing. They know their job, and they know it well: kill the boss. The tuning and testing happens internally, and it has to. That's the whole point to a QA team. Blizzard doesn't have these raiders on their QA team. Slootbag and several others have been offered the job, but they turn it down because they're not ready yet. The QA team is far better (and readily available) than it has ever been before, and they're improving. Given more time, perhaps more cutting edge raiders will slowly join the ranks at Blizzard Entertainment and bring more raiding knowledge to the scene than Blizzard currently has. Hell, maybe we'll even see less cheesing and more mechanical behavior like Siegecrafter Blackfuse and Paragons of the Klaxxi (pre-nerfs).

My favorite is when they stack 6 of one class in a 20 man raid and think they're not cheesing still.  Pretty sure the QA team didnt have 6 rogues in mind when they made the encounter.  Maybe think outside the box a little bit and have players be good on real classes instead of third string alts that do 10% less than their counterparts. 

"Classes feel balanced" - Quoted from another thread via interview with I THINK Exorsus.   Really? Then why do you have zero mages and 25% of the raid as one class.  If you think the "top players" in these guilds have perfectly performing players, they don't.  A majority of them are good sure, but I PROMISE you that regardless of whatever skill they think they have, they don't play 100% of classes to the best of their ability.   Watch the kill vids and watch the difference between a main rogue and an alt rogue, and then try to lecture the public about how the encounter itself was the problem the whole time. 

Get off your high horse and stop cheesing content and complaining about it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the difficulty shouldn't be changed. Just change the difficulty next patch or smth, but not on progression. If it's hard it is  a hell of an acomplishment to defeat KJ so you can be proud of yourselves. Exorsus kind of went "angry kid" mode but the frustration shouldn't wonder anyone. I would at least save the fixes for TOP10 Kills

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Xenofaul said:

My favorite is when they stack 6 of one class in a 20 man raid and think they're not cheesing still.  Pretty sure the QA team didnt have 6 rogues in mind when they made the encounter.  Maybe think outside the box a little bit and have players be good on real classes instead of third string alts that do 10% less than their counterparts. 

"Classes feel balanced" - Quoted from another thread via interview with I THINK Exorsus.   Really? Then why do you have zero mages and 25% of the raid as one class.  If you think the "top players" in these guilds have perfectly performing players, they don't.  A majority of them are good sure, but I PROMISE you that regardless of whatever skill they think they have, they don't play 100% of classes to the best of their ability.   Watch the kill vids and watch the difference between a main rogue and an alt rogue, and then try to lecture the public about how the encounter itself was the problem the whole time. 

Get off your high horse and stop cheesing content and complaining about it. 

Balanced classes doesn't mean they're all equally good. If ever spec did the same dps in every situation, every spec had the same mobility, utility, self healing then the game would be dull. You don't seem to understand they're doing this at the VERY highest edge. Doing mythic content. They stacked rogues cause of their cheezy mitigation and their amazing ability to soak the swirls on kiljaedan. You'll notice there were a lot less rogues on all the other mythic kills the guilds have been doing. If you watched the kill video you'll actually notice how much less dps the rogues were doing then the warriors, boomkins and warlock. Even though the average ilvl for the group is close.

WHEN YOU'RE DOING CONTENT WITH AN OVERALL UNDERGEARED GROUP YOU TAKE EVERY SMALL ADVANTAGE YOU CAN GET. When the bulk of the guilds start to do mythic KJ in about 2 months and their average ilvl is 930 you will see that EVERY spec is capable at doing that fight. Its just when you're all going in 910-920 a rogue is better then a mage. Doesn't mean the mage is shit though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they have a lot of pent up frustration and sarcasm that isn't helping their point, but nonetheless, I sympathise with them to an extent but there is only so much internal testing that Blizzard could possibly do and try to plan ahead for all the classes, specs and available talents in the game while keeping encounters challenging while mechanically interesting, but as we all know, soak soak soaky McSoak for most of the bosses, and the numbers in WoW are so ridiculous that I wouldn't be surprised they were relying on top guild's progress to tune out a bit more because how do you calculate billions upon billions of numbers in a single tests accurately to tune? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SMOrcMan said:

if anything, I'd be happy if I were them, they can proudly say that they beat it on mythic before the nerf

I actually came here to say this. Yes okay they had to work harder than other groups who will later attempt it but in many ways they already are with all the pre grinding ap and gear farm to even attempt to be in the top world first rankings. So, to that end to beat it before the nerf is really an accomplishment. One thing I reference a lot to friends is the molten core anniversary raid a couple years back. Initially it was awful, it was really over tuned, and was all but impossible. With my group we spent more hours than I would admit grinding it until we beat it. Then the next day there was a nerf to it. People were mad but I was saying "guys we did it when it was harder". It made my mount feel like more of an accomplishment. Yes others have it and can go "oh yeah I did that event too" and I can always flex my internet wow muscles (because no one else in real life would care) and say "yeah but i beat it pre nerf".

So yeah I understand their frustrations in some ways but I feel the could have taken a different path and made themselves seem more awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heeey, entitled (whatever the Russian version of a snowflake is - vodkaflake?) pro gamers - just because you don't like how something is done, doesn't mean that it wasn't done according to plan.  Maybe they wanted to see how long it would take you shut-ins to beat it as designed so they could get an idea of how to down-tune it for everyone else?  

Whiners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MarcHethrusWaters said:

Balanced classes doesn't mean they're all equally good. If ever spec did the same dps in every situation, every spec had the same mobility, utility, self healing then the game would be dull. You don't seem to understand they're doing this at the VERY highest edge. Doing mythic content. They stacked rogues cause of their cheezy mitigation and their amazing ability to soak the swirls on kiljaedan. You'll notice there were a lot less rogues on all the other mythic kills the guilds have been doing. If you watched the kill video you'll actually notice how much less dps the rogues were doing then the warriors, boomkins and warlock. Even though the average ilvl for the group is close.

WHEN YOU'RE DOING CONTENT WITH AN OVERALL UNDERGEARED GROUP YOU TAKE EVERY SMALL ADVANTAGE YOU CAN GET. When the bulk of the guilds start to do mythic KJ in about 2 months and their average ilvl is 930 you will see that EVERY spec is capable at doing that fight. Its just when you're all going in 910-920 a rogue is better then a mage. Doesn't mean the mage is shit though.

For most mythic guilds, their average ilvl is 930 already if not more. 

 

5 hours ago, Xenofaul said:

My favorite is when they stack 6 of one class in a 20 man raid and think they're not cheesing still.  Pretty sure the QA team didnt have 6 rogues in mind when they made the encounter.  Maybe think outside the box a little bit and have players be good on real classes instead of third string alts that do 10% less than their counterparts. 

"Classes feel balanced" - Quoted from another thread via interview with I THINK Exorsus.   Really? Then why do you have zero mages and 25% of the raid as one class.  If you think the "top players" in these guilds have perfectly performing players, they don't.  A majority of them are good sure, but I PROMISE you that regardless of whatever skill they think they have, they don't play 100% of classes to the best of their ability.   Watch the kill vids and watch the difference between a main rogue and an alt rogue, and then try to lecture the public about how the encounter itself was the problem the whole time. 

Get off your high horse and stop cheesing content and complaining about it. 

You my friend are a casual and have no idea what you are talking about. Classes are pretty balanced this tier with the exception of Arms warriors, sub rogues and boomies. Rogues are exceptionally good at doing mechanics and can take huge amounts of damage. They have been used extensively this expansion in every raid just for that fact, ToS is no different. Why on earth would you take any less than 5 rogues on KJ if you have them in your roster, these guys are going for world first, why would they make the boss harder for themselves? There is no rulebook that says , you are not allowed to cheese any mechanics. These guilds will do whatever it takes to get world firsts (with the exception of exploiting bugs in the raid) , they dont give a damn what plebs like you think about the morals of the high end raiding scene. If you dont like when people cheese mechanics then stick to heroic raiding cause thats probably whats best for you. And btw, that Q&A was with Method not Exorsus.

Edited by Luthixx
Language is entirely unnecessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 minutes ago, Daemon said:

For most mythic guilds, their average ilvl is 930 already if not more. 

 

You my friend are a fucking casual and have no idea what you are talking about. Classes are pretty balanced this tier with the exception of Arms warriors, sub rogues and boomies. Rogues are exceptionally good at doing mechanics and can take huge amounts of damage. They have been used extensively this expansion in every raid just for that fact, ToS is no different. Why on earth would you take any less than 5 rogues on KJ if you have them in your roster, these guys are going for world first, why the fuck would they make the boss harder for themselves? There is no rulebook that says , you are not allowed to cheese any mechanics. These guilds will do whatever it takes to get world firsts (with the exception of exploiting bugs in the raid) , they dont give a shit what plebs like you think about the morals of the high end raiding scene. If you dont like when people cheese mechanics then stick to heroic raiding cause thats probably whats best for you. And btw, that Q&A was with Method not Exorsus.

And your'e an e-peen waggling troll with zero credibility.

Which 'elite' guild are you in that you're so mortally offended by opinions on a message board?  Don't worry, I'll figure it out if you don't tell us.

Edited by MrEdren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Daemon said:

(with the exception of exploiting bugs in the raid)

Might want to check your history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MrEdren said:

 

And your'e an e-peen waggling troll with zero credibility.

Which 'elite' guild are you in that you're so mortally offended by opinions on a message board?  Don't worry, I'll figure it out if you don't tell us.

I am not in an 'elite' guild but people here have no idea what they are talking about, complaining about cheesing mechanics. Mechanics have been cheesed since the dawn of time why do casuals get offended by it, clearly jelousy. And how am i troll? 

Edited by Daemon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Daemon said:

I am not in an 'elite' guild but people here have no idea what they are talking about

Neither do you, it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrEdren said:

Neither do you, it seems.

Sure mate i have no idea what im talking about, git gud casual

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have a multitude of people working on this game. I don't understand why they can't tune the bosses? Also, I can sympathize with grinding a boss out and then having it nerfed. That seems a bit undermining. The boss would effectively get nerfed through multiple lockouts with increases in gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Daemon said:

Sure mate i have no idea what im talking about, git gud casual

Still waiting for any sort of a supporting argument.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Prophet001 said:

They have a multitude of people working on this game. I don't understand why they can't tune the bosses? Also, I can sympathize with grinding a boss out and then having it nerfed. That seems a bit undermining. The boss would effectively get nerfed through multiple lockouts with increases in gear.

You can't really tune up a boss fight after it's been released - do that and you risk stonewalling tons of guilds that may not be up to the increased challenge (or would require a recruitment drive/roster revamp).  When they release something that's ultra-hard (which, come on, a mythic final boss should be), they get to see exactly what aspects of the fight are problematic and might need incremental (or more) adjustments.  

Suppose I should just git gud though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Daemon said:

Sure mate i have no idea what im talking about, git gud casual

I bet you're one of those charmers who list groups asking for (genitalia references).  Must be something in the water over there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Starym
      We're 4 for 4 in this first week of Battle for Azeroth and as we head into the weekend we see Azerite armor outer ring requirements reduced on the Heart of Azeroth, Affliction Warlock Deathbolt fixes, Conquest removals until PvP Season 1 starts, Brewmaster PvP fixes/nerfs, the removal of two belt enchant from PvP, and a bit fewer fixes for professions and quests than usual.
      August 17 (source)
      Azerite Gear
      Substantially lowered the Heart of Azeroth level required to activate the outer ring of Azerite armor obtained from World Quests and Mythic dungeons. Classes
      Warlock Affliction Deathbolt will now correctly deal increased damage if cast immediately after casting Unstable Affliction. Creatures and NPCs
      Slickspill should be much easier to loot now. Items
      Fixed an issue where 'Bygone Bee' Almanac's cooldown or duration would be affected too much when hitting multiple enemies. Player versus Player
      Sources of Conquest such as the World PvP Call to Arms quests, PvP Island Expeditions, Skirmish, and Battleground queues will award Honor until Battle for Azeroth: Arena Season 1 starts. Players who currently have Conquest will have the currency converted to Honor once they log in. Miniaturized Plasma Shield and Personal Space Amplifier engineering belt enchants can no longer be used in Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds. Fierce Gladiator is once again available to players who have earned the Fierce Gladiator: Legion Season 5 achievement. The War Mode Air Supply Drops in Tiragarde Sound should no longer fall in unreachable locations. Monk Brewmaster Incendiary Brew now adheres to line of sight restrictions. Double Barrel will no longer stun targets multiple times per Keg Smash cast. Professions
      Cooking Fixed a bug that prevented Pandaria Banquets from granting the intended skill levels to Pandaria Cooking and Way of the Grill. Quests
      Fixed a bug that caused the miners to not respawn as intended for “A Shot at the Dark Iron”. Fixed a bug where missions required to unlock hubs on the other continent were expiring quickly. Riding Macaw is no longer unfriendly to Horde for the world quest "Swab This!". Hexlord Raal is now reliably present to offer “Pa'ku, Master of Winds”. “The Lord Admiral's Lament" and "Bloodied Sentinel's Glaive" can now be turned in to Kayla Mills World
      Flight paths unlocked through missions should now reliably appear as valid destinations on the flight map. Previous Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes
      August 16 August 15 August 14
    • By Stan
      Game files contain a male character model named "ThinHuman" with various customization options. The model provides a good example of how Kul Tiran Humans would look if they weren't all chubby.
      Blizzard probably uses the character model to generate NPCs for the outdoor world, same thing we've seen with the Lightforged Draenei on Argus before they have been added as an Allied Race. It would be really cool to see this as a customization option for Kul Tiran Humans, what do you think? Here's an overview of all "ThinHuman" customization options:
      Skin Color

      Faces

      Hair Color

      Hair Style

       
      Beard

    • By Starym
      The fall season of 2018's Arena World Championship is bringing two new BfA arenas to the table, Mugambala and Hook Point, set in Zandalar and Boralus, respectively. 6 cups await this season, with each bringing a $10,000 prize pool and a whole bunch of AWC points, so check out the full schedule and requirements to join in the competition:
      Arena Fall Season (source)
      The Arena World Championship is a 3v3 tournament that takes place in the iconic battlegrounds of Azeroth. In this Fall Season, we are introducing Mugambala and Hook Point, two asymmetrical arenas which were released in the Battle for Azeroth expansion.
      Mugambala is set in Zandalar, a region that was once a part of ancient Kalimdor and the birthplace of troll civilization. This arena features an upper level, and a lower level with a large pillar in the middle. Hook Point is an area in Boralus, where only the bravest battle for the right to call themselves true Kul Tirans! It features four pillars for players to dance around—one with a shark hanging from it—and two smaller pillars. This season, there are six Cups up for grabs—three in North American and three in Europe—each with a prize pool of $10,000 and an increased amount of AWC points on offer, more than any season this year!
      No Arena ranking is required for teams of three to four people to sign up. Once you are deemed eligible to compete, you will have access to the Tournament Realm, where you and your teammates will have the ability to create whatever class, talent, and gear combinations you see fit, to practice taking down all who oppose you! If you think you have what it takes, sign up here, and check out the table below for the cutoff times for each of the Fall Season Cups.
      Remember, the top three point-earners of the year from North America and Europe will earn a spot at the Arena World Championship Global Finals at BlizzCon, where they will fight on the biggest WoW esports stage of the year for their share of the $280,000 prize pool.
      If you’re coming back to World of Warcraft for Battle for Azeroth and want to see how the pros handle the new PvP talent system, join us! The Top 8 from each Cup in North America and Europe will be broadcast live on Twitch. Watch as the greatest heroes from across North America and Europe adapt to the changes—it might give you some tips and tricks for your own Arena adventures!
      AWC Fall Season Schedule
      Event Signups Close Play Begins Top 8 Broadcasts EU Cup #1 September 3
      (18:00 CEST) September 12 September 14 & 16
      (19:00 CEST) NA Cup#1 September 3
      (18:00 CEST) September 12 September 15 & 16
      (19:00 CEST) EU Cup #2 September 17
      (18:00 CEST) September 26 September 28 & 30
      (10:00 CEST) NA Cup #2 September 17
      (18:00 CEST) September 26 September 29 & 30
      (19:00 CEST) EU Cup #3 September 24
      (18:00 CEST) October 3 October 5 & 7 
      (19:00 CEST) NA Cup #3 September 24
      (18:00 CEST) October 3 October 6 & 7
      (19:00 CEST) Check out the Warcraft Esports site for current standings, the global broadcast schedule, and the latest news about AWC, and follow @Warcraft for all things Battle for Azeroth!
    • By Stan
      Today's roundup of blue posts covers Allied Race boosting through Recruit-a-Friend, the Azerite system, Flight Master's Whistle working in Legion zones & more.
      Allied Race Recruit-a-Friend Boost
      If your play an Allied Race and your friend grants you levels through RaF, you will be ineligible to receive Heritage Armor.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Receiving granted levels from Recruit A Friend would make the character ineligible for the heritage armor set.
      If your friend grants levels to one of your Allied Race characters, it makes your character ineligible to receive the Heritage Armor.

      If you grant levels to one of your friend's characters, that won't effect your eligibility for the armor.

      But only the recruited player accumulates levels that can be granted, so that would be your friend. If they were to grant any of those levels onto your Void Elf, that would make your Void Elf ineligible for the armor.
      Azerite System Underwhelming
      It's too early to consider the Azerite system underwhelming. Quest gear only contains generic traits and Azerite Armor from raids has better traits.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Surely im not the only one who feels this way? The azerite gear is essentially the netherlight crucible. Most traits are passive and boring. Does it get better as the xpac goes on or..?
      Some of the default Azerite items from questing don't have a lot of variety because you're still leveling up. Once you're at 120 and getting them from vendors, WQs, and dungeons you start seeing a lot more variety and some pretty neat stuff. 

      Like there's one for Ret that reduces the cooldown of Divine Steed and it gives a speed buff to your entire raid when you use it. Which I thought was pretty rad.

      It's definitely early, but I'm eager to see how it plays out and how this system shapes up as well as what else we might do with it. It has potential, and I'm pretty excited about that alone as a player.
      Unintended Conquest Cap
      A bug in the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch caused players to receive Conquest from certain PvP activities, but that was never intended outside of Seasons.
      Blizzard (Source)
      With the Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch, we incurred a bug that caused some PvP activities to reward Conquest. Conquest was never intended to be accessible while the season is not active, and while Conquest did appear for some players on their Character Currency tab, it wasn’t useable. There aren’t any items that can be exchanged for it in-game right now.

      We’ll be deploying a hotfix soon that will change any activities that are currently awarding Conquest to award Honor instead.

      When BFA Season 1 begins, players will start earning Conquest as planned. At the same time, we’ll convert any unintended Conquest that players earned during the post-season to Honor or gold.

      Additionally, new one-time PvP quests will get reset when BFA Season 1 begins. We want to make sure you can complete those quests to earn Conquest from them as intended. These quests are located in the same place where you turn in Conquest quests, so they should be easy to spot.

      We apologize for any confusion this may have caused, and we’re working to make the fixes and conversions as seamless as possible.

      We look forward to everyone engaging with the new Conquest System upcoming in Season 1 of Battle for Azeroth! Click here to learn more.

      Thank you! Flight Master's Whistle
      Flight Master's Whistle will be upgraded to work in BfA zones when you unlock world quests. If you didn't play Legion or destroyed your whistle, you'll receive a new one that will work in Legion zones as well.
      Blizzard (Source)
      When you unlock Battle for Azeroth world quests, your Flight Master's Whistle gains the ability to work in the new lands. if you didn’t play Legion or destroyed your whistle, you will receive a Flight Master's Whistle that works in Legion and Battle for Azeroth zones.
    • By Nireas
      I usually sim my characters to get the best possible results. I enjoy the process quite a lot and since I reached 120, I wanted to find out the best build of the spec. (Note, I didn't want to find out what to play, but rather how my own build fares in comarison.) I rarely mind a 1-2% difference. If it goes above 2%, I really mind a change. What this thread is about is mainly to bring something in the attention of those who help making the class guides, especially the talent choices. To my surprise, I was awed to find out that certain talents outperform previous "Standard" choices in the endgame, probably due to the stat squish.

      The Frost go-to build (top dps) would probably be along the lines of <Icy Talons / Cold Heart - Runic Attenuation - Frozen Pulse - Gathering Storm - Breath of Sindragosa>. What I found out primarily was that after the removal of legendaries, Cold Heart severely underperforms at most given situations resulting in a major dps drop due to the low mastery. Gathering Storm also suffers from the same problem and most of the times, Frostwyrm's Fury is better overall. The biggest surprise of them all, however, was that Inexorable Assault overperforms quite a lot, and is the first reason why I made the topic. I then started simming with the above in mind and I came across a build that some would not consider on par with top dog builds around the meta, which is the use of Horn of Winter which overperforms both its other two options when using the Breath build. Talent Sim can be seen here. Another intresting thing, which I loved, was that the 2nd best build uses Obliteration as a lvl 100 talent and no other build surpassed it (Other than the first one, obviously). So, I encourage frost players out there to give their other, less common talents a try. To the class guide author(s), I believe that the two "underdog" talents will earn their spot in the class guides.

      Thank you for your time reading this.