BrightwingMain

Knights of the Frozen Throne the new TGT?

8 posts in this topic

So far almost all of the Knights of the Frozen Throne cards seem really gimmicky and most of them also seem really underpowered. This is just TGT flashbacks at this point. Kinda sad because at this point Hearthstone is in really bad shape and having a dead expansion could just be the crippling blow Hearthstone will never recover from. Am I just undervaluing the new card designs because they aren't traditional style when it comes to their strengths or is this really a beginning of an end?

Cards dont seem really powerful to be honest. Both hero cards are 'not great', the legendaries with the main idea of 'If you dont have any cards with this mana cost, do something' are bad in general, and so far most cards seem average at best. Of course there are some good ones such as the new warrior armor card, and mage legendary has some potential.

We still need to see the rest of the cards.

I don't believe this will be like TGT because the thing that made TGT so bad is the inspire mechanic was just so slow. This expansion has deathrattle and at least it added life steal as a new mechanic. I can already see a handful of cards being played in a ton of decks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BradsGaming said:

I don't believe this will be like TGT because the thing that made TGT so bad is the inspire mechanic was just so slow. This expansion has deathrattle and at least it added life steal as a new mechanic. I can already see a handful of cards being played in a ton of decks.

I'm not seeing a ton of Stand-alone cards but I am seeing a good amount that support other things. I'm supper Excited about Dead Man's Hand. 

• Like 1

KFT is my first time pre-ordering. Needless to say, I am not exactly excited about the cards revealed so far, and I hope that they really showed the worst cards first and we are just waiting for the big stuff. But until then: "This has been the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals, maybe ever."

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KingMe said:

I'm not seeing a ton of Stand-alone cards but I am seeing a good amount that support other things. I'm supper Excited about Dead Man's Hand. 

Same card looks amazing! I can see Corpsetaker, Dead Man's Hand, Defile, and Shadowblade being played in a lot decks.

On 29.7.2017 at 2:24 PM, BrightwingMain said:

Kinda sad because at this point Hearthstone is in really bad shape and having a dead expansion could just be the crippling blow Hearthstone will never recover from.

Wait...what?

Sorry, but this makes no sense. I heard a lot of people call Un'goro one - if not THE - best expansion so far. We have a LOT of decks in the curent Meta and nearly every class can be played quite successful(yeah yeah, warlock is not in the best shape, but it still is capable of playing zoo). Also there are some new, fun decks popping up this late in the meta...so...I don't know...what more could you wish for?

And just as someone who played "Magic: The Gathering" for over 10 years: Magic had never such a big variety in the (standard-)meta...there were even some occasions with only ONE or TWO different decks in the competative environment (one op deck and the counter for it).

So maybe TCG's aren't your thing or you are expecting to much...because it will not get much better than it is right now.

Edited by Taan