L0rinda

Wild Packs Now Available From Blizzard Shop. New Pack Opening Rules are Live.

15 posts in this topic

xSXamlK.jpg

As announced a few weeks ago, Wild packs are now available from the Blizzard Shop. You will also no longer be able to open a duplicate Legendary until you own all of the Legendaries from that set.

Today's announcement says that all of the changes announced in the previous blog post are now live. Here is a reminder of what that post said.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard Blog

Starting with the release of Hearthstone’s next expansion (but applying to ALL Hearthstone card packs), every time you open a Legendary in a card pack, it will be a Legendary card from the same set that you don’t already own. Once you own either the golden or non-golden version of a Legendary card, you won’t get a duplicate of it until you own all the Legendary cards from that set. Soon, you’ll be able to craft a Legendary without the worry of opening it in your next few packs!

In addition, you will never open more copies of any card in a pack than you can use in a single deck—no more opening three or more of the same common, rare, or epic card in one pack! 

Beginning with the release of the next expansion, you’re also guaranteed to get a Legendary within your first 10 packs of a new set. The release of a new Hearthstone expansion is a super exciting time, and with this change we hope your pack openings start off on a celebratory note!

Combined, these changes should make the pack opening experience more exciting than ever—especially when you see that flash of gold heralding a Legendary card!

(Source)

This is very good news for players, as there are fewer worse feelings in the game than crafting a Legendary card, only to open it from a pack a few days later. With these changes, that should be a thing of the past.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mknissan said:

Can't see it in the app

I don't see them either. 

8 minutes ago, KingMe said:

I don't see them either. 

They're only going to be in the battle.net shop, not the game shop. I see them.

Do we know if this is a permanent thing?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bozonik said:

They're only going to be in the battle.net shop, not the game shop. I see them.

Do we know if this is a permanent thing?

I see it now, thanks. I hope they move that to in game. It will make things easier. 

47 minutes ago, KingMe said:

I see it now, thanks. I hope they move that to in game. It will make things easier. 

They already said they won't be in the in game shop when they announced it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, SithLordOfSnark said:

They already said they won't be in the in game shop when they announced it.

That Suuuuuucks. 

• Like 1

Just now, KingMe said:

That Suuuuuucks. 

Not for me. I DE all my wild cards when a set rotates out. LOL

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, SithLordOfSnark said:

I'm happy that they are back in the shop but I think it's crappy that it's not in the In game store. I think it would make more sense for it to be in game but that's just me I guess. 

First:

The new mechanic is great! No more duplicates.

And an guaranteed legendary on the first 10 packs is great too. With my bad luck I needed around 30 most of the time :(

Second:
I am a little bit confused why the wild-packs are only avaiable with real money. That is a very bad decision IMO. The "pay 2 win" problem is already a point that has some legitimity. This is further enhanced by not making all parts buyable through ingame gold.

What exactly is the benefit for Blizzard to do it this way? I can't imagine there are lots of players who have tons of gold but lack old packs / adventures. Lacking that much, that they invest real money. And even if they do - then they use the gold they have for the new packs. Instead of using gold for the old packs and buying the new ones.

I don't see Blizzard selling more old packs for real money this way. But they just cement the impression: "Hearthstone is pay 2 win"

6 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

First:

The new mechanic is great! No more duplicates.

And an guaranteed legendary on the first 10 packs is great too. With my bad luck I needed around 30 most of the time :(

Second:
I am a little bit confused why the wild-packs are only avaiable with real money. That is a very bad decision IMO. The "pay 2 win" problem is already a point that has some legitimity. This is further enhanced by not making all parts buyable through ingame gold.

What exactly is the benefit for Blizzard to do it this way? I can't imagine there are lots of players who have tons of gold but lack old packs / adventures. Lacking that much, that they invest real money. And even if they do - then they use the gold they have for the new packs. Instead of using gold for the old packs and buying the new ones.

I don't see Blizzard selling more old packs for real money this way. But they just cement the impression: "Hearthstone is pay 2 win"

They're trying to promote Standard. The more accessible they make Wild, the less people they'll have playing Standard.

13 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

What exactly is the benefit for Blizzard to do it this way? I can't imagine there are lots of players who have tons of gold but lack old packs / adventures.

Same reason pre-orders are not in the in-game shop either. A good chunk of the money spent in the in-game shop goes to Apple if it is done on an iPhone/iPad (I normally would). On battle.net they get it all.

I currently have 8800 gold built up post-Ungoro and have nothing from GvG or Naxxramas bar a tiny handful of cards I've used dust to make for wild ladder play (sludge belcher and sneed's old shredder for control Shaman, and ship's cannon and death's bite for pirate warrior).

Edited by Bozonik
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bozonik said:

Same reason pre-orders are not in the in-game shop either. A good chunk of the money spent in the in-game shop goes to Apple if it is done on an iPhone/iPad (I normally would). On battle.net they get it all.

Good point. 

On 01/08/2017 at 8:03 PM, SithLordOfSnark said:

Same here - I never play wild except when I'm close to a golden portrait and I don't want to grind the last 20 wins at legend. Far easier to do it at rank 25 on wild.