FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Players Compensated With 2,000 Arcane Dust

Mbylq2i.jpg

More than a week ago, Blizzard talked about a bug that caused players to reset their pity timer resulting in fewer Epic or Legendary cards. Affected players have now received 2,000 Arcane dust as compensation.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

Hearthstone Patch 8.4 introduced new infrastructure to prepare for the recently announced improvements to card drop rates. An unexpected side effect of this change was that a small number of players who opened packs after the patch received one fewer Legendary or Epic card than they would have otherwise. We've identified the issue and expect it to be resolved in all regions next week. It's important to us that Hearthstone players feel great about opening card packs and we apologize for this issue and any disappointment that it may have caused. We will be reaching out to all affected players in the next few weeks with details regarding our resolution plan.

UPDATE: We have identified and resolved this issue for the small number of players that were affected. Impacted players will receive an email regarding the resolution plan. Please ensure that emails from blizzard.com do not end up in your spam folder!

According to this reddit thread, players were compensated with 2,000 Arcane Dust. Make sure to check out your email!

Here's the full email:

Greetings,

Patch 8.4 for Hearthstone introduced a new infrastructure to prepare for the recently announced improvements to card drop rates. As a side effect of this change, a small number of players who opened packs after the patch launched received one fewer Legendary or Epic card than they would have otherwise. We have identified you as one of those players, and we've given you 2000 Arcane Dust to use however you want!

Thank you for your continued support, and we'll see you at the Inn!

Hearthstone Team

If you're not sure what to craft with the dust, check out our Knights of the Frozen Throne hub.

I figured I should have gotten the 2k dust, because I didn't get a legendary after 10 Un'Goro Packs, but I didn't recieve the Email. I then logged into the game and was happy to see this:

59844cd00dda0_HearthstoneScreenshot08-04-1712_25_46.thumb.png.75f3c0bcb10ab188939a699ca23dd0e5.png

I did not get the alert, but I did get the dust. I was going to be furious if I didn't. I have opening 100+ packs and have 3 legendaries.

I also got the 2000 dust...unexpectedly...but now that I think about it, the last time I got a legendary is pretty long past.

Anyways...NICE!!!

Edited by Taan

17 hours ago, Bozonik said:

Ooh, I got 2000 dust. Must've been from arena packs. Nice bonus!

Was hoping I'd get it this way, but seems not :(