FORUMS
L0rinda

Bone Drake Reveal: Knights of the Frozen Throne

WZBJ3On.jpg

Bone Drake has been revealed. This brings the total of revealed cards to ninety, just forty-five to go!

The new card was revealed by Alliestrasza on YouTube.

As Allie says in the video, Dragon Priest is already close to being a good deck and we now have Bone Drake and Cobalt Scalebane. Allie gives several good reasons in the reveal as to why it should be even better now.

dragndrop.jpg

One of the concerns will be as to whether this actually improves matters that much. Dragon Priest often does not struggle for card advantage anyway, and struggles more with having enough Mana to get the minions on to the board. As with many of the new cards, testing will be key.

For a full list of previously revealed cards, as well as all of the information about the new expansion, check out our Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion hub.

I'm extremely tempted to make a bone-joke now, but nah.

This card will lead to alot of nice RNG montages, I am looking forward to it :)

As a straight up value card, this isn't bad, especially in a N'zoth deck.  The stats are livable, and most the dragons currently in standard are relatively big.  It gives dragon priest another dragon as well, although this one doesn't feel super dragon priesty, not enough health and dragon priest generally tries to just tempo other control decks out of the game, which this really doesn't do well.  In short I feel this might find its way into some death rattle decks if the meta slows down a bit, maybe dragon priest (especially the highlander variation if that becomes a thing), but overall it just feels somewhat unimpressive.  

Edited by VaraTreledees
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

As a straight up value card, this isn't bad, especially in a N'zoth deck.  The stats are livable, and most the dragons currently in standard are relatively big.

I would have preferred a 5/6 rather than the 6/5 while planning to use it in a Priest deck.

6 hours ago, Blainie said:

I would have preferred a 5/6 rather than the 6/5 while planning to use it in a Priest deck.

Yeah that was kind of my point about its stats being bad for dragon priest, 6/5 dies a lot easier and isn't really good for trying to tempo a control deck out.

13 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

Yeah that was kind of my point about its stats being bad for dragon priest, 6/5 dies a lot easier and isn't really good for trying to tempo a control deck out.

Yeah, it's crazy what difference a stat switch that small can make. +1 HP can be the difference between it being really good and being meh.