FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
JackieSullivan

539 Affliction Lock Help

WTF is this sorcery?  Why wouldn't you just multi-spam seed?  Or...wait, holy shit, are you putting up Seed right after DoTs and immediately using SS before seed explodes?  Didn't realize that could be done....

Now that I think about it, how are you getting your seed to not explode?  They lowered damage requirement to proc seed so it like instantly explodes for me...

Also, for AoE, wouldn't you just put seeds everywhere after your DoTs are out? 

Dude, I said like a week ago during Friday Night Mumble that you could do this.

I just *sniffle* feel like we *sob* don't communicate anymore. *sniffle*

Oh, it can be done, lol. Takes practice because of the threshold you mentioned (something I'm still working on). You've gotta SS just after SoC hits the target (Hellscream: Don't immediately SS after finishing the cast, it has travel time! Thok bats, you're right next to 'em, less travel time). Reapply on next target and immediately SS again. It's a way to get some extra AoE as you're spreading dots. When your empowered dots all out and ticking, then yes, spam SoC like normal. One short cast of SoC vs two globals SSing it to the next mob. If you've got a massive empowered version (Possibly one with Mannoroth's Fury???) may want to consider SSing the SoC.

If you mess up don't waste your empowered dots duration by reapplying SoC to try again (especially if you still have half the targets to dot up); keep spreading those empowered dots and just AoE like normal after they're rolling.

As Ilyenna mentioned, don't recommend using SB:SoC because it will ruin your snapshot on corruption, and you're spreading it anyway with SS, so no point, really.

What I usually do is just SoC, then SS:SB, then Inhale. Then just do the normal Inhale/Exhale. Works every time and generally on those high add AoE type fights I find I'm swimming in shards anyways so the initial 1 shard cost to get the combo going 100% and immediatly isn't a big deal.

But if you're using it for a new set of adds where your dots are already rolling on a main target, then yes the SoC then Inhale right when it hits works pretty well once you get timing down.

Edited by Strife

What I usually do is just SoC, then SS:SB, then Inhale. Then just do the normal Inhale/Exhale. Works every time and generally on those high add AoE type fights I find I'm swimming in shards anyways so the initial 1 shard cost to get the combo going 100% and immediatly isn't a big deal.

But if you're using it for a new set of adds where your dots are already rolling on a main target, then yes the SoC then Inhale right when it hits works pretty well once you get timing down.

Or that on an opening sequence.

Don't quote me on this as I haven't tried it with SoC, but I believe MF is dynamic. Seems like I remember my aoe radius dropping in the middle of a immo aura as demo...so not sure how ssing a soc would operate after MF drops off. I'd assume the same?

One additional thing to note...Soulburn: SoC and regular SoC are two different buffs. You can cast both, then SB:SS and SS five dots to all targets, two of which AoE, one that will refresh your corruption (so you'll lose the snapshot dps on the Corruption, but for burst AoE this is negligible in comparison to the SoC dots). Two SoC explosions for two instant casts and you're spreading your main dots around, hellz yeah.

Looks like you were right about MF being dynamic (not snap-shotable).

SoC burst: 20k damage

SoC cast with Mann fury up, MannFury fell off before explosion: Damage: 20k

SoC cast, Mann Fury up just before Explosion: Damage: 41k

Damn...

Easy to test this for yourself. Take off all your proccing gear (trinkets, weapon, cape, helm, gloves, etc), and run an experiment. Cast SoC by itself a couple times, record the explosion damage. Cast MF then SoC (to test snapshotting, the SoC should outlast duration of MF), record the explosion damage. Cast SoC, pop MF after (to test dynamic behavior) and pop a Fel Flame to trigger the SoC while MF is up, record explosion damage.

Dude, I said like a week ago during Friday Night Mumble that you could do this.

I just *sniffle* feel like we *sob* don't communicate anymore. *sniffle*

Sorry, hard to hear Gnomes from way up here.  I'll have to have my Troll disalign his back some more so he can hear your soft whispers.  I think I disregarded it in my mind as soon as I realized the relevancy of such seems...non-existant except on trash.

Don't quote me on this as I haven't tried it with SoC, but I believe MF is dynamic. Seems like I remember my aoe radius dropping in the middle of a immo aura as demo...so not sure how ssing a soc would operate after MF drops off. I'd assume the same?

MF is dynamic.  You are absolutely right.  If you casted a SoC with MF but MF expired before it blew up, you'd get the shitty AoE range.

Sorry, hard to hear Gnomes from way up here.  I'll have to have my Troll disalign his back some more so he can hear your soft whispers.

That's weird, I have that same problem as soon as I look at WoL. I keep having to scroll so far down to find you...my finger hurts.

I keep telling people I'm not that good...no one listens.

"If you can explain a problem better than your audience, they will assume you know all the answers and follow you anywhere."

haha, I'm decent.  I'm pretty sure I'm in the top 1% of Warlocks, but there are lots of other Warlocks who are better.  Most of the rankings that pop up on WoL now are highly RNG dependent.  I've posted my share of #1 parses, but most of them are early before padding is really possible.  I'm ok with it, because I enjoy what I do.  If I was constantly pressuring myself to be the #1 Warlock, I'd hate this game so fast.

Wow thank you guys a lot ive down loaded affdots just waiting on servers to come back up then im going to put all your advice to use ill link some new logs after raid Wednesday so you guys can see the improvement. On another note is the mastery stacking the proper way for me to be going currently went for 9778 haste Bp then all mastery. And the reason I don't throw CoE is the other lock in raid does it.

Thanks again for all your help

New logs thans for the help it was much apreciated im still working on the aff dots kinda wierd watching a tracker but ill get it thanks again for the help.

Although i did get my cloak but the cloak wasnt a 60k dps increase

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zgr2b4y6lcdxhf67/sum/damageDone/?s=449&e=822

Buer is my character name

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zgr2b4y6lcdxhf67/details/18/?s=449&e=822

Edited by JackieSullivan

Watching Affdots for a week or two will acclimate you to the nature and feel for the spec.  Soon, you won't need to rely on it so much as just a check while you're using MG or moving or something.  It's a reference tool at best.  Once you get into the flow of things, your DPS will climb.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Daevilmonkie
      Welcome Adventurers! The time has come upon us, FINALLY! The moment in Classic WoW history us diehard, loyal WoW nerds have all been waiting for. WRATH CLASSIC! Arthas Did Nothing Wrong (ADNW) has just begun recruiting (For WotLK Classic) hard-core, casual, rp, pvp, pve, raiders, anything you can think of, you are welcomed here. Although our main focus in ADNW will be progressive raiding, 10 and 25 man and pvp content, we look to have someone for just about anything. Currently we are recruiting for our CORE 10M team composed entirely of irl / internet homies. We are in need of just 1 HEALER (Highly prefer a disc priest with a shadow off spec) and another DPS. Preferably lock or Shadow priest. We are looking to fill our B 10m team entirely, so we can pool together for 25 man’s when it comes time to crush 25m. This guild was founded by a group of tight nit friends recently, who have been around since TBC. WOTLK was our turning point in WoW, and we CANNOT wait to get another crack at this and MAKE IT RIGHT. Come join the adventure of a chill environment full of helpful hands and knowledge. Feel free to reach out to me Via Discord: Daevilmonkiexp#9239 OR Bnet: Daevilmonkie#1280 just let me know you are interested in the guild and we can have a convo! ARTHAS DID NOTHING WRONG!
    • By Decembersnow
      I D E N T I T Y
      [H] <The Resilient> is a 8/11 M raiding guild on Area-52. We are looking for strong ranged raiders to fill in a couple spots for people who have had life interrupt their gaming fun. We are a laid back group of mature adult nerds who are focused on clearing Antorus.
      WowProgress: https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/area-52/The+Resilient
      R E C R U I T I N G
      Ranged DPS and exceptional melee DPS.
      Especially warlocks and a rogue.
      S C H E D U L E
      Mandatory: Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday
      Optional: Tuesday (farm)
      6-8pm PST
      E X P E C T A T I O N S
      Be punctual. Be prepared. Be positive.
      We provide flasks, potions, and food.
      Discord is our VoiP of choice. We expect you to at least listen. Talking is highly preferred.
      Absences with notice can be worked around, but ghosting is highly unappreciated.
      C O N T A C T S
      BNET: Laolis#1620, Krungey#1340, December#1358, Jairou#1839, AlluraRaiyne#1298
      In-game message: Torvonn/Torvdaddy, Ráiyne, Krungey, Kwlpp, Decembersnow, or Jairou
      A P P L Y
      Use the website to complete a short form https://goo.gl/forms/kE86ZzWAweAJiqPV2
      OR 
      Reach out to one of the contacts above. Please have logs ready, and plan to raid with us at least one night in the week as a trial.
    • By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, PUBG, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletag: Vims#21684

To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 930~ ilvl
      - 72+ traits.
      - 8/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Priest: Shadow.
      Druid: Balance.
      Warlock: Affliction.
      Hunter: MM.
      Mage:Frost/fire
      Rogue: Assa/sub
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By filthsilvermoon
      3/11 M Antorus (ABT)
      FiLTHYs most wanted:
      2x Balance Druid
      2x Warlock
      1x Spriest
      1x Frost DK 1x Mistweaver

FiLTH, a friendly progressive guild looking for more skilled players.

FiLTHY Raid team:
      - Push Mythic progress
      - 3 raids a week, 3 hours each (Extra raid night during opening month of new raid content)
      - Must complete M+ 15 each week
      - 72 minimum traits
      - 940+ ilvl
      Raids are: (Monday extra night) Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday at 8:45PM - 11:45PM Server time (+1 GMT)

What WE can offer YOU:
      - Great and friendly community
      - Always people around to join in your keys
      - Teamspeak 3 and Discord server
      - M+ guild groups 15 and above
      - Raid Logs after every raid
      - Website forums
      - Raid livestreams
      - Guild Whatsapp groups
      - Special event nights
      - Alt raids

FiLTH is a fun place to be and most who join call it their home and family. It’s been a competitive raiding environment for over 6 years and has a strong and experienced core.
      Wowprogress: https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/silvermoon/FiLTH

APPLY AT: http://filth.guildlaunch.com/
      OR
      Reply to this thread
      Message me on Marvynn#21579 or MrRoboto#2229 or Fozzy#2286.