Aleco

Whats the Move? #3 - Improving at Hearthstone One Play at a Time

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

6owVS1h.jpg

In Episode #3 Aleco dives deep on a situation where his role in the matchup isn't clear. What sort of things should we be focusing on when it isn't obvious if we should be the aggro player or the control player?

Hello everyone, I've returned from vacation and am ready to continue making episodes of "What's the Move?" on a regular basis. I've been listening to your feedback on the first two episodes and have made Episode #3 the longest and most in-depth episode of this budding series by far. I hope you all enjoy the this 14 and a half minute monstrosity, and as always I look forward to hearing your feedback in the comment section. Enjoy!

- Aleco

• Like 3

Nice vid Aleco. Liked the extended discussion. Harder one this time I thought. Haven't ever played the deck but I felt saving the devolves and evolves was clearly necessary. I went with hero power, claws and firefly, with the plan to try and kill a saronite rather than the stonehill to avoid giving him another chance for a tirion/tarim in the case of getaway kodo. And the firefly to soak up a bit of damage and potentially help if we draw into maelstrom. Can see the logic in holding the firefly though. Bit less clear on holding the claws too.

Nice plays, but you also got kind of lucky. I think the outcome would have been totally different if your opponent didn't brick on turn 7

This is a perfect illustration of your series of articles Aleco. Keep up the excellent work you're doing here! Thank you!

Thank you Aleco. Another nice video. You have really listened to the comments that where to the previous videos.  

I like playing the Murloc paladin deck you where playing against. I do not know if I would have played any different than your opponent did. I would most likely have bet that you would not have 2 elvolve AND 2 devolve.  

I agree with Bozonik of being concerned of a getaway kodo and the stone hill defender. But the secret chosen would depend on the cards in the paladin hand. If I had a murloc streak I would go for redemtion. But with the stonehill in hand I would take getaway kode.

So did the paladin have the stonehil defender when he selected the secret?

(I know it is not that importen for your decision - I am just interested)  

best regards

PanPan

Again an interesting video, thx!

Personally I'd have played the claws and attacked one of the 2/3 minions. (Or killed this one with our 1/1).

My thoughts: Using devole this turn would be a big mistake, but chances were not bad that on the following turn a devole might be needed. And if I play the claws now I can take another minion out next turn before I devolve.

Excellent video. I was totallly stumped. I picked what would be the highest immediate value play, playing into your lesson. I used the wep to kill the stonehill. Then i dropped double fire fly into two evolves. This gave me five minions to evolve for a total of about twelve tempo on the turn. 

The more i thought about it, i realized tarim would have ruined my day. Baiting him with one evolve first would have been better.

Another reason for not skipping the turn was that nine damage would have killed me in about three turns, not counting his future minions or weapon damage.

So how do you not start going into control asap?

Edited by Nathan5678
Grammar