FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

Neirea Joins G2 Esports

neirea_g2.jpg

The Ukrainian player is now part of G2.

Lifecoach's spot had been empty for a while and someone had to fill in the gap, in order for the Fantastic Four of the Hearthstone division of G2 Esports to be remade. This person turned out to be Neirea, formerly of Team Liquid, who will join RDU, Thijs and Lothar. In fact, Neirea is already competing with his new team in the second week of the Trinity Series.

Eugene "Neira" Shumilin has consistently ranked high in various major competitions since 2014. His breakout performance happened this year with team Ukraine placing 2nd in the Hearthstone Global Games and Neirea qualifying for the World Championship during the Spring Championship.

We wish him the very best of luck!

Didn't know the new meta was stealing your opponent's credit card information and ransomwaring their pc.  Should do well on the ladder. 

1 hour ago, MrEdren said:

Didn't know the new meta was stealing your opponent's credit card information and ransomwaring their pc.  Should do well on the ladder. 

Care to enlighten casual Hearthstone plebs like me? I spend way too much time around WoW to be up to date on what's going on with HS, but this certainly caught my attention.

1 hour ago, Yridaa said:

Care to enlighten casual Hearthstone plebs like me? I spend way too much time around WoW to be up to date on what's going on with HS, but this certainly caught my attention.

It had very little to do with Hearthstone - it was a snarky remark pointing out that Ukrainians are well known as the source of most of the biggest Ransomware scams and data breaches (credit card info etc).  

Thus the joke was that a Ukrainian player could move up the ladder by removing their opponents' ability to actually play the game.  

It's less funny when I have to explain it. 

• Like 1

Ahh, I see. Let me try one as well.

6 hours ago, MrEdren said:

We really needed to replace the old meta of buying out a smaller competitor and claiming it as your own and letting it die off.

13 hours ago, Yridaa said:

Ahh, I see. Let me try one as well.

We really needed to replace the old meta of buying out a smaller competitor and claiming it as your own and letting it die off.

See me after class. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MrEdren said:

See me after class. 

Yridaa's in trouuuble. 

On topic, good luck to Neirea :p I used to tune into his Warrior games, he was always great to watch when playing it.