FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Avarice Conquest

On 11/17/2017 at 8:24 PM, Guest Malaphysto said:

Avarice doesn't appear to be a conquest this season cough cough...

Ah, you're right! Seems like it was removed for this season. 

Guest disclaimer please
On 11/19/2017 at 5:27 AM, Blainie said:

Ah, you're right! Seems like it was removed for this season. 

It would be awesome if this was a big disclaimer at the top of the article please. I feel like a complete idiot for not checking the conquest achievements tab in-game before nailing a 85M streak in the ruins and then wondering why nothing happened.

18 hours ago, Guest disclaimer please said:

It would be awesome if this was a big disclaimer at the top of the article please. I feel like a complete idiot for not checking the conquest achievements tab in-game before nailing a 85M streak in the ruins and then wondering why nothing happened.

I've already put in a note for Deadset to add it to the guide. Sorry for that! Hopefully you can grab some of the other conquests just as fast.

On 10/12/2017 at 7:42 PM, Guest Gila said:

A video of the Cache method in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC-bQ_gLI40

Edited your comment to display the video correctly, but does this still work? It's from at least a few patches ago, since bonus caches haven't been around for a while.

Guest Yhosr

I don't mean to be a prick, but there's genuinely no fucking point in having this Conquest up on the site. I've used Icy Veins for years and I have never come across something like this. Why even have it up? It's not here this season, we have no clue if it'll be around next or any season ever again, so why fucking have it up?

I'm more than a little pissed off, because I spent a good amount of the time even have preparing for this conquest, only to learn it wasn't even this damn season.

I'm just glad I found this out this soon, so I can try a different Conquest and not get shafted out of a stash tab.

Uncommon Patron

Glad to see these conquest guides. This coming season  (14) will be the first time I try for an extra tab. Usually I spread myself too thin to do much more than get the season set,so I'm looking forward to it.

Guest OneKnight1984

If we need about 43 caches on t13 to do this conquest, how can we open the extra 13 caches when our personal inventory has a maximum of 30 cache spots available?

Guest Sil
15 hours ago, Guest OneKnight1984 said:

If we need about 43 caches on t13 to do this conquest, how can we open the extra 13 caches when our personal inventory has a maximum of 30 cache spots available?

Stay near the coffer for the last 13 caches

Guest The BZA

Greetings from Season 15 in 2018. The Avarice conquest took me many attempts that resulted in failure (but I learned a lot); here are some keys to my success (and it was pretty easy to finally do it--first try--when I used this approach):
[ul]
* The Torment level made a huge difference, I got way more gold coins at the highest Tx I could do while killing the mobs fast (a few seconds or less to kill the big guys, which makes the streak easier to maintain); use your (nearly) best setup (instead of weakening yourself a bunch to use many pieces of Gold Find or Gold and Health Pickup items). That level was T7 for me, on a Seasonal character, but regular ones can breeze through T13, which probably makes this trivial.
* Gold Find +% gear (etc.) in descending order of impact (or ease/cost): up to +50% GF from Paragon points; Emerald in helm; Boon of the Hoarder (legendary gem from Greed in the Vault, preferably level 50); Goldskin (if your build allows, don't disrupt a key item or set bonus; and pets don't trigger it, so you have to be using a direct damage ability--or Acid Cloud does tick soon after it's cast--for that item to be useful); and Goldwrap makes you invulnerable); and don't use any other GF/GHP gear. You don't need Leoric's Signet, Gladiator Gautlets, etc.; you don't need any of this (except the head gem, BotH gem, and PP are easy or free; you may need the gauntlets if you don't have the legendary gem; and probably Avarice Band ring would make a big difference, if you have one anyway, or if you don't have a pet that picks up gold).
* Check your skills, especially passives, you may be using stuff that doesn't help you. Movement speed and max damage are ideal. Also check your cubed item powers.
* Why do so many people say Ruins of Corvus? Because mobs drop a lot of gold in Act V, and RoC has many easy-to-kill enemies (the scarabs). It does make it way easier to run through the zone first and open all the doors and plan your route, and that doesn't take long (less time than if you don't do that, and fail). Unequip your pet that picks up gold (Follower is fine, but remember to Equip the pet before you attempt the streak!) and don't summon pets that deal damage. Keep in mind that you get limited Resurrects at Corpse, you can't die easily at the Tx in your "exploration setup" or else it won't work.[/ul]
Doing the conquest this way takes much less time than opening fifty (or so) bounty caches, even split farming. The supposed upside to that method is it's literally guaranteed, but this one is virtually guaranteed. The Wardrobe makes it easy to save your "gold setup" for future visits to the Vault; gold coins stop being relevant after only a few visits there but you need them before then, I think it can be worth the time to set up and you're doing conquests (which tend to be time-consuming) anyway.

Guest #Iceman1866

Honestly you can do this anywhere out side of Greeds Zone.

Unhallowed Essence Demon Hunter standard build with speed farm variant

Gold Skin
Gold Wrap
Avrice w/ rank50 Boon
Kymbo's Gold w/ Zeis
Zodiacs / Bane of Trapped  (will need Reduced Resource Cost)
Custerian Wristguards

Cube: 
Leorics
Grandeur 
Dawn

This will guarantee you getting Avrice without having to do any special farming for a Bolvine Axe just go do a T10+ Rift. If you have issues just stack more reduce resource cost.  You might also try an Emerald in the helm socket with that Leorics.

Avrice is Extremely Easy to get, you just need the right build.

I notice that on the XBox, the streak timer is only about 2 seconds; I'm not sure how it is possible to maintain a gold streak of any length. I think that the caches are the only way.

Do bounties on the highest torment difficulty possible and collect about 2 stashes worth (about 50) then go to stash and (without moving, very crucial) take off your pet or anything that collects and open ALL the chests at once. (don't move at all or it'll pick up the gold) then just click on an empty area to pick up gold and you should get easily 50mil at once. :)

Guest Quirkz

Shoot. I just spent a couple of hours farming an Avarice Band and then another hour fumbling through attempts at this, only to discover afterward that it's not actually one of the season's conquests. So much else on this site is timely (build recommendations reflect Season 16) that I was really surprised this guide didn't have a note right up top.

On the plus side, I have an extra 300 million gold now?

Guest Dunka

Mod/Admin if you want to expand guide:

T13 - 1 190 000 gold -> 43 caches ( 9 runs)

T14 - 1 440 000 gold -> 35 caches ( 7 runs)

T15 - 1 540 000 gold -> 33 caches ( 7 runs)

T16 - 1 640 000 gold -> 31 caches ( 7 runs)

Guest Wrynn
8 hours ago, Guest Dunka said:

Mod/Admin if you want to expand guide:

T13 - 1 190 000 gold -> 43 caches ( 9 runs)

T14 - 1 440 000 gold -> 35 caches ( 7 runs)

T15 - 1 540 000 gold -> 33 caches ( 7 runs)

T16 - 1 640 000 gold -> 31 caches ( 7 runs)

Thanks! That's exactly what I was coming to check. Hopefully it gets added to the main page soon.

Uncommon Patron

Discovered today since the adding of more Torment levels (and thus improved gold %), this conquest is extremely easy with almost zero prep outside of your normal play. Just level/gear your character as you normally would, then when you can comfortably do Torment 15 (or 16 if you want it extra easy), just swap out one jewelry gem with a maxed Boon of the Hoarder.

One Nephalem Rift of decent density and open-roaming space, and you'll get the conquest with barely any effort. Enjoy!

:)

On 5/24/2019 at 4:20 AM, Dalmarus said:

Discovered today since the adding of more Torment levels (and thus improved gold %), this conquest is extremely easy with almost zero prep outside of your normal play. Just level/gear your character as you normally would, then when you can comfortably do Torment 15 (or 16 if you want it extra easy), just swap out one jewelry gem with a maxed Boon of the Hoarder.

One Nephalem Rift of decent density and open-roaming space, and you'll get the conquest with barely any effort. Enjoy!

?

I did a little more gear stuff than this, but got the conquest on my first tier 16 rift.  Easy peasy.

Season 17 Avarice:

I got lucky and a Goblin opened a portal to the Cow level for me today. I had read the cow level was a spot to farm it. In the Icy-veins article. So i threw on what gold find gear I had and tried for it. Torment 16 was a breeze to get Avarice. I recorded my run if anyone wants to watch ?

Guest tast
On 11/22/2017 at 8:23 PM, Guest disclaimer please said:

u cant nail even the 10m .. most of mobs dont drop gold and u cant reach next pack even w teleport/monk .. this conquest is bullshit and impossible.

3 hours ago, Guest tast said:

u cant nail even the 10m .. most of mobs dont drop gold and u cant reach next pack even w teleport/monk .. this conquest is bullshit and impossible.

It is absolutely doable. Youll need Boon of the Hoarder, avarice Band, Goldwrap and maybe some gold find rolls and an emerals in the head slot. 

It is beneficial to use a spec that is constantly on the move (ue ms DH, ww barb, tr monk, archon wiz, Condemn crusader etc. 

I didn't think I'd be able to do this one, as I've failed in the past. But I was able to do it very easily on the first try with the Helltooth Garg WD build on T16. Using a L50 Boon of the Hoarder and a Goldskin chest piece, I ran through a nephalem rift WITHOUT a pet for about 5 minutes and killed everything I came across. At that point, I brought back my pet and switched my mojo to Shukrani's Triumph which enables Spirit Walk until you either attack or are within 30 yards of an enemy. Since there were no enemies, I was able to retrace my path back to the beginning and collect well over 50,000,000 gold.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this