FORUMS
Vlad

Years of War Conquest

Guest Rax

does this conquest even count anymore? i did it using ulaina's set and was not awarded my second conquest completion for season 16, (completed the lvl 65 3 gem conquest first)

1) Yes this does count for Conquest. Just did the full 6 class sets @ gr55, and got credit for one of my conquests.

2) wanted to link this odd build, which I used to finish this conquest... was having difficulty getting the bone armor set, and rathma's faceplanted as soon as I stepped through the door of a 55... so went with a set I usually avoid - the blood thirsty Tragoul's.
Didn't like the 'suggested' build for Trag - so did some tinkering, and came up with this: https://www.d3planner.com/788921076

I'm calling it the "Blood Bombing Run"... because it ends up functioning very much like the Monk Bells build. Finished the 55 in sub-optimal set, with no problems. I even saw afterwards, that I had the Paragon in gold farm mode, instead of optimized for the build, and STILL made it WELL within the time limits.

Other sets used for easiest farming to complete this conquest:
(Monk - first toon this season - so most sets)
Monkey King Bells build
Uliana's Stratagem
Inna's Mantra
(Witch Doctor)
Arachnid set (because Kadala was obsessing about Spiders this go around)
Zuni Pet build
(Necro - who was super squishy this season - although i'm usually running bone armor inarius set, so i'm used to being tanky)
Tragoul's "Blood Bombing Run"

Enjoy and Happy Conquesting!

Guest Joe

Bear in mind not every set counts. The challenge has a list of what set counts towards it.

Guest question

2 very quick and probably dumb questions but will ask them anyway:

1. does it need to be with ALL the items of a set or can I use the ring of royal grandeur as well

2. Can I do it with ANY 6 sets or do they need to be specific sets (And no I am not talking about the minor sets its just that for some sets I get an achievement pop up and for other I do not). If it is specific sets how can I see which ones?

Guest Blay67
On 7/18/2019 at 1:41 PM, Guest question said:

2 very quick and probably dumb questions but will ask them anyway:

1. does it need to be with ALL the items of a set or can I use the ring of royal grandeur as well

2. Can I do it with ANY 6 sets or do they need to be specific sets (And no I am not talking about the minor sets its just that for some sets I get an achievement pop up and for other I do not). If it is specific sets how can I see which ones?

Yes, the Ring of Royal Grandeur counts. Can do the Years of War with 5 set pieces and the RoRG. 

Guest jbee
On 11/9/2017 at 12:20 PM, Vlad said:

This thread is for comments about our Years of War Conquest guide for Diablo 3.

not all the sets listed here are in the conquest.  for instance, the seekers of light set is not on the in game list under the conquest.

On 11/9/2017 at 12:20 PM, Vlad said:

This thread is for comments about our Years of War Conquest guide for Diablo 3.

Guest Mercutio

I've been searching and searching, but haven't found a concise answer to the question of whether or not I can complete the Years of War conquest using two NON-necromancer sets while playing as a Necromancer. 

I know this is somewhat discussed under 'Things that Are Not Bugs', but they're vague as to how long it will take to check off certain conquests. So far it's been three days since my first completion of a GR55 while wearing the Inna's set (and RoRG) and there's been no change. Just completed another with the Vyr's set, which should finish the conquest. 

Mostly just want to know if I have to start building up another character or if I should just be patient. Thanks!

On 5/3/2020 at 3:01 PM, Guest Mercutio said:

whether or not I can complete the Years of War conquest using two NON-necromancer sets while playing as a Necromancer. 

The Conquest requires: "The Years of War conquest requires that you reach Greater Rift Level 55 Solo with the full bonuses of six class sets."

As you can not trigger set bonuses on a class set that is not for the class you are playing as, I would have to presume the answer to your query is "no".

Hi everyone, I've done 4 GR55 with two barbs and two crusaders, both credited but I've created a DH using Shadwo Mandle Impale and not getting credited. I'm using the full 6 set.  I'm new to Diablo so I'm wondering if I'm missing something?  Thanks 

On 1/11/2021 at 3:26 PM, Timtara said:

Hi everyone, I've done 4 GR55 with two barbs and two crusaders, both credited but I've created a DH using Shadwo Mandle Impale and not getting credited. I'm using the full 6 set.  I'm new to Diablo so I'm wondering if I'm missing something?  Thanks 

It really should not be the case! A GR55 with the full Shadow's Mantle 6-piece set should give you credit. 

Guest Morwen

On 1/11/2021 at 3:26 PM, Timtara said:

Same problem here.Used 5pieces + the RoRG,thought this was the problem,equipped all 6 pieces but nothing happens!

Very strange. I have definitely completed this Conquest with 5 pieces + RoRG in the past. Could it be a bug with this Season in particular? It's a strange suggestion, but - is your RoRG equipped in the 4th (bonus) slot for this Season's mechanic? If it is, would it work if you move it out of there?

On 5/4/2020 at 4:01 AM, Guest Mercutio said:

I've been searching and searching, but haven't found a concise answer to the question of whether or not I can complete the Years of War conquest using two NON-necromancer sets while playing as a Necromancer. 

I know this is somewhat discussed under 'Things that Are Not Bugs', but they're vague as to how long it will take to check off certain conquests. So far it's been three days since my first completion of a GR55 while wearing the Inna's set (and RoRG) and there's been no change. Just completed another with the Vyr's set, which should finish the conquest. 

Mostly just want to know if I have to start building up another character or if I should just be patient. Thanks!

I know its very late to answer, but in case someone want to absolutely use only one slot there is some set that can grant "bugged" gr55 with another class. I verified this with a crusader on season 24 : MotE barb, Natalya DH, SWK monk, Zuni and Jade WD. Those 5 set have at least 5 piece usable by all class so ring of royal grandeur maybe necesary.