FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Doqq

Amazing tempest rush build.

Main Skill Tempest RushTempest RushElectric FieldElectric Field

Sweeping wind Sweeping WindSweeping WindInner StormInner Storm To maintain spirit regen.

Sweeping WindSweeping WindCycloneCyclone is also viable, but it doesnt give you any spirit regen.

And More spirit regen... ( tempest rush takes 30 spirit every second so you really need it ) Mystic AllyMystic AllyAir AllyAir Ally

Defensive skills EpiphanyEpiphanyDesert ShroudDesert Shroud + SerenitySerenityAscensionAscension to avoid molten explosion + other 1 shot mechanics while you are rushing away ^^ OFC Mantra Mantra of SalvationMantra of SalvationAgilityAgility 

Passives.

Fleet FootedFleet Footed Chant of ResonanceChant of Resonance Exalted SoulExalted Soul HarmonyHarmony

You get more movement speed, more spirit regen! and more def.

And NOW to the gear...

Sunwuko's CrownSunwuko's Crown

Sunwuko's SoulSunwuko's Soul

Sunwuko's LeggingsSunwuko's Leggings

Sunwuko's PawsSunwuko's Paws

Sunwuko's ShinesSunwuko's Shines

5 Set, because we are using -1 set from the Ring of Royal GrandeurRing of Royal Grandeur in the cube ofc.

Shoulders.

Mantle of ChannelingMantle of Channeling, Good def and good attack boost.

Wrists.

Reaper's WrapsReaper's Wraps, Really good sustain of spirit with those globes.. must have imo. you could use Ancient Parthan DefendersAncient Parthan Defenders OR Nemesis BracersNemesis Bracers.

Belt.

The Witching HourThe Witching Hour or Kyoshiro's SoulKyoshiro's Soul witching hour is more dmg.. kyoshiro is for lazy ppl :P

Boots.

Ice ClimbersIce Climbers gives immunity to freez and other slows and hoolyyy are they annoying!

Weapon!

BalanceBalance must have. DMG skyrockets with this. Warstaff of General QuangWarstaff of General Quang is for speedruns you can use it if you want to or if you dont have Balance..

Rings!

Convention of ElementsConvention of Elements + WyrdwardWyrdward

Both are a must! Convention boosts lighting dmg so you can bursts those elites! and WYRDWARD is the key to this build, lighting dmg has a 35% chance to stun. Its important! Because we are using Cesar's MementoCesar's Memento in the cube. Tempest Rush gets a huuuuuge dmg buff with this combo and tempest rush with the Electric FieldElectric Field rune stuns mobs really often so it  always procs.

And ofc we are using Vengeful WindVengeful Wind for the last important piece in the cube. It buffs Sunwukos set bonus even more. up to 10x 1000% more Tempest Rush dmg. And 10x 1000% the decoy dmg, but thats not that important.

LEGENDARY GEMS

Mirinae, Teardrop of the StarweaverMirinae, Teardrop of the Starweaver Weird i know, but it heals you and thats really good.. you could use Wreath of LightningWreath of Lightning to get that ms boost, i consider that a speedrunner gem.

Bane of the TrappedBane of the Trapped Dmg DMG DMMMGGGGG

Esoteric AlterationEsoteric Alteration DEF DEF DEEEFFF !!

And thats that, Let me know if you have any doubts about anything, questions... etc. etc.

I have done GR70 with this and it was easy.

This build cant do Big grs, i dont think.. but its fun and easy to play with^^

Edited by Doqq
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I use this same build with Cesar's Memento to grind normal rifts and bounties, it's absolutely mindless. For pushing higher than 70 I find that I get frustrated with just running circles around Juggernaut packs and Rift Guardians but it's definitely capable over at least gr95 with decent gear optimization.

I have been playing for about a year. Like 8 months on the 360, co op with a buddy. Then the last couple months on the Xbox One after a couple month break. Find everything better and easier on the upgrade. We never got past Torment 1 or 2 on the 360, but these extractable legendary abilities change everything. We tried and failed to do hardcore characters on the 360, one of each class. But on the One in a few months, say 10-15 hrs a week, maybe 60 or 70 hrs total. we got 1 each up on expert, then master once we could, 1 each up on torment, 1 each up on T 2 and 3 combined, we each died at lvl 67 with one in there. and just got up on t4 with our 4th hardcore character each. 
I had always used Tempest Rush with the monk, but as more of a defensive escape skill, because you can run through enemies if you get stuck. But my T2 character was my monk. I somehow got both the bigger Tempest rush extractable enhancers by like lvl 20 or soon thereafter. Which in hindsight was way too lucky. Turned my movement speed up with my 40 or so paragon at the time. Fun indeed man. I breezed through the whole levelling up process all the way through. Haven't used her since, but I imagine at t4 now, and even in to t5 it'll be more than fine. Learned how valuable movement speed is defensively, offensively and to save time. Was a cool learning experience. That was my first time seeing how big a difference not one, but two of those skill boosters can make. Here I thought it was a defensive skill. 
He usually dragged my ass along on RPG type games, but this time I was killing everything, beat his demon hunter to everything, like 90% of the kills and total damage dealt I imagine. Was my moment of glory, I'll never live it down, he told me my monk scares him. Made up for his Witch doctor with 3 gargantuants dealing 500% damage on our previous pair. Made up for years of me being only slightly better than him at our sports games, and him being light years ahead of me in FPS and RPG games. It's all I'll ever need. We only have like 120 paragon, and no sets yet. Just single set pieces galore, and his WD has 2 of one which gives him an awesome giant spider, and I have my barb with 2 of one which gives me constant ancients ? actually 3. So be kind with my novice excitement for a partial build on T2. We are going on a lvl 70 run for a while before T5, because T5 is wack and we have no sets, so we need paragon and tonnes of supplies for keeping our gear as high level as we can. We'll also make sure all our current lvl 70's are up to t5 calibre before we go there and never come back. You have me very excited to revisit my monk. I imagine combining her with his paladin for more blinding, and the boost it provides Tempest Rush, is ideal. 

Edited by Knutsanity

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mspector
      OK. I have built a L70 Necro. By way of introduction, I played D, D2 and D3/LOD for about 10 years. Then my wife introduced me to WoW, which I've been playing for the last 5 years. However, I didn't enjoy anything about Shadowlands so came back to D3.
      I'm looking for a couple of things:
      One, I have always played solo but find at this level I need a playmate. So if anyone out there is interested, drop me a line (Spoiler: I am an old guy but I love the game); Two, I want to discuss ideas about the Necromancer build, I don't understand how some of the skills work. I currently have (1) Army of the Dead, (2) Bone Spear, (3) Corpse Lance, (4) Command Skeletons, (L) Grim Scythe and (R) Siphon blood. It's a powerful semi-melee/ranged attack. It's worked well but I'm into Greater Rifts now and while I can complete them I don't get thru fast enough for the big rewards. So I would like someone to suggest if and how I can improve the build to address this (and why this will work better -- that isn't a challenge, I just need to expand my education.
    • By Tsukoyomi
      I am going the corpselance support build for Necromancer and the build has me taking Corpselance with Brittle and the pestilence set on top of that, if I were to take off the ability Corpselance and change it to another ability say for example Bone Spikes with Frost spikes, would the damage decrease an amount that it would not be worth it?
    • By Neptune
      Alright my first build... Here we go!
      Now Necromancers aren't my 'main' classes but i play with them and im pretty good with them. And i come up with a build that is a bit boring, but ultra powerful, so lets begin!
      1. Primary Attack, Primary attack should be bone spikes with the rune: Path of bones or Blood spikes. Why? Blood spikes are for people that lose health really quickly, and the blood spikes allow you to heal over the bleeding enemies you hit. Path of bones on the other hand is for people who have a lot of enemies in your way. Or you can have no rune, which i mildly recommend for people who are already strong just want to be a bit stronger :))
      2. Secondary Attack. Should be Bone spear with the rune: Teeth or Blighted Marrow. Teeth is the one that i recommend for most people to use, why? Teeth fires more bone spears trough enemies, of course it deals not much damage but it damages more enemies. Plus, you can get an achievement for killing 40 enemies with bone spear within 3 seconds. Bligthed Marrow is for people that like to stay behind their minions and just fire their bone spear trough enemies. I call this build the lazy one. 
      3. Corpses. Should be using Corpse Lance with the rune: Ricochet. Why? Ricochet allows you to have an chance to hit one more bonus enemy when you attack the first one. Which is pretty good.
      4. Reanimation. Should be Command Skeletons with the rune: Kill Command,Frenzy and Dark Mending. Kill command is for people who are confident without their minions and want ther minions do yeet themself to enemies and kill them in one shot. Frenzy is the one that i recommend the most, this will allow you to command your skeletons to gain attack speed (which means more damage to the enemy) and it's just really that powerful. And Dark Mending is the last one. Dark mending is for people who lose health pretty quickly and want their minions to heal them.
      5. Curses. Either Frailty or Leech. Frailty is for people who want their minions to deal much bigger damage with the rune: Scent of Blood. Why? Scent of blood will allow your minions to attack 15% increased damage, which is really helpful if you want your minions to do the job and not you. Leech is for people that lose a lot or a bit of health. With the rune Sanguine End. Cause it will allow you to heal 200% for the enemies that die.
      6. Blood and Bone. This should be RIGHT OF THE BACK bone spirit with the rune: Poltergeist. Why? Bone spirit is powerful as heck and you should use it immediately when you get it. The rune Poltergeist will allow you to have 4 bone spirit, which means EVEN MORE DAMAGE THEN BEFORE HAHA.
      7. Passive skills. I recommend: Overwhelming Essence for people that want more Essence and use a lot of Essence now and then. Spreading Malediction is for people that want their curses to deal a lot more damage, well not much but 1% increased damage is at least okay. Serration is also a really good passive skill, Serration is for people that like to stay behind while their minions do their business and you like to stay behind and just shoot bone spikes at them. And finally Aberrant Animator. For people that like to increase the thorns damage for their minions
      And that's it! Took me a lot of time, and some repilies and thanks would be appreciated. And yeah, hope you are good with your necromancer now!
      OH sorry if the text is black! I didn't realize that it would be hard to read on my post, cause when i m editing it looks white so... sorry :((
    • By Nireas
      I usually sim my characters to get the best possible results. I enjoy the process quite a lot and since I reached 120, I wanted to find out the best build of the spec. (Note, I didn't want to find out what to play, but rather how my own build fares in comarison.) I rarely mind a 1-2% difference. If it goes above 2%, I really mind a change. What this thread is about is mainly to bring something in the attention of those who help making the class guides, especially the talent choices. To my surprise, I was awed to find out that certain talents outperform previous "Standard" choices in the endgame, probably due to the stat squish.

The Frost go-to build (top dps) would probably be along the lines of <Icy Talons / Cold Heart - Runic Attenuation - Frozen Pulse - Gathering Storm - Breath of Sindragosa>. What I found out primarily was that after the removal of legendaries, Cold Heart severely underperforms at most given situations resulting in a major dps drop due to the low mastery. Gathering Storm also suffers from the same problem and most of the times, Frostwyrm's Fury is better overall. The biggest surprise of them all, however, was that Inexorable Assault overperforms quite a lot, and is the first reason why I made the topic. I then started simming with the above in mind and I came across a build that some would not consider on par with top dog builds around the meta, which is the use of Horn of Winter which overperforms both its other two options when using the Breath build. Talent Sim can be seen here. Another intresting thing, which I loved, was that the 2nd best build uses Obliteration as a lvl 100 talent and no other build surpassed it (Other than the first one, obviously). So, I encourage frost players out there to give their other, less common talents a try. To the class guide author(s), I believe that the two "underdog" talents will earn their spot in the class guides.

Thank you for your time reading this.

• By ShadowDragon177872
      1. Introduction
      The LoN Rapid Fire grenade build hinges upon the the effects of The Wailing Host and Litany of the Undaunted`s Set bonus and the power of Wojahnni Assaulter combined with the ability to channel forever with the Sin Seekers 

2. Build
                                                                        Primary skills
      Rapid FireBombardment Marked for DeathContagion VaultTumble Fan of KnivesBladed Armor PreparationInvigoration VengeancePersonal Mortar                                                                                                                 Secondary skills
      Grenadier Perfectionist Thrill of the Hunt Awareness 3.1 Gear Setup
      Helm:Visage of Gunes Shoulders:Mantle of Channeling Gloves:Magefist Chest:Aquila Cuirass Belt:Hellcat Waistguard Pants:Pox Faulds Boots:Boots of Disregard Bracers:Krelm's Buff Bracers Amulet:Hellfire Amulet of Dexterity Ring 1:The Wailing Host Ring 2:Litany of the Undaunted Weapon:Wojahnni Assaulter Offhand:Sin Seekers 3.2 Legendary Gems
      Legendary Gem 1:Bane of the Powerful Legendary Gem 2:Bane of the Trapped Legendary Gem 3:Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard 3.3 Kanai's Cube
      Weapon slot: Dawn Armour slot:St. Archew's Gage Jewelry slot:Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac