Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vomitory

Controversy! Sublety gemming?

3 posts in this topic

Now, this could very well be simply because he's so geared, but Dryaan, (the rogue that IV uses as a reference for their information), is gemming for haste. I'm curious because the guide says to gem for agility, but does anyone else gem toward haste (in yellow slots) and then hybrids that will match slot colors? I'd like to try to see if it will increase my DPS (I'm only item level 522 so I don't even come close) without wasting a ton of gold on gems. Any thoughts?

His armory shows him in Combat spec for me and at least that gear seems to be indeed heavy on haste. Are you certain that you didn't catch him in Combat spec when you checked?

Edited by Ceraius

His armory shows him in Combat spec for me and at least that gear seems to be indeed heavy on haste. Are you certain that you didn't catch him in Combat spec when you checked?

Oh... I might have. That's a good point. I was assuming it's worth a shot just for the energy regeneration, but I don't know if it's worth swapping it all out to find out. I don't understand, at all, how ShadowCraft works so I just go by how well I hold up in raid.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ohba
      Hey everyone!
      I'm a long time rogue, looking for a new place to hang out. I'm former cutting edge raider, but for the last year I've been playing more casually due to IRL commitments. What I'm looking for atm is a guild that raids somewere between 21:00-22:00 until 00:00, 2-3 day per week. I look for a guild that is doing mythic raiding.
      I'm atm alliance but I'm willing to transfer server and faction for the right guild, so everything is of interest!
      Thanks, Ohba
      For more info or a chat u can reach me at Ohba#2534
    • By Ithok
      If you are swedish, looking to raid 2-3 days a week, looking for a very social, fun but still competitive mythic guild, then look no further, we are the guild for you. Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
      About us:
      Geek Squad is a swedish guild that has been around for many years. We are currently focusing on mythic raiding and our goal is to always clear the current content before the release of the next tier. The guild is composed mainly of former hardcore raiders who can't play as much as in our younger days but who still want to play, have fun and have a good progression. Since we raid only 2 days a week we expect our raiders to have a high attendance and to be well prepared for current content. 
      Raid schedule:
      Wednesday Optional Hc clear: 19-When we are done
      Thursday: 19–22
      Sunday: 18-22
      We never extend beyond these raiding hours.
      What do we expect from you:
      - Swedish speaker; as the guild solely consists of swedish players we expect you to have a good understanding of the swedish language and be able to communicate on both voicecom and chat.
      - Attendance; as we only raid 2 days a week and keep a tight roster of raiders (not more then few on the bench at time) so being there and available even if not selected for certain boss is very important
      - Maturity; as the average age in Geek Squad is a bit above most guilds we would prefer if you are as well. We are a bunch of guys with families, jobs and real lives outside of the game and we understand all that comes with it. However if you are to commit to raiding with us we want you to be in it for the long haul. We focus on having fun with the game while also maintaining a competitive attitude, we hope you want to be a part of and contribute to that.
      - Social skills; be communicative, enjoy the game, let us know in advance if something is going to interfere with your raiding schedule so that we can plan accordingly. In our own modest opinions we have one of the best guild environments you can be a part of and we want to bring in more people who can positively contribute to that.
      - Know your class inside out and how to perform it to its maximum. Be able to take constructive criticism
      What can we offer you:
      - Stable guild; the guild has been around for a long time and we have no plans to slow down now.
      -We always try to bring the players that will give us the most chance of killing a boss on progression fights, this means you will have the same chance as everyone else of competing for a spot.
      - Experienced and motivated players; most of our raiders have played the game for a long time (vanilla/tbc) and are still highly motivated to get the most of the raiding time that we have together. If you are to join us we expect you to do everything you can to further those goals.
      - Occasional alt raids, not mandatory. Totally optional for people who want a little bit more raiding on side with their alts
      PROGRESS:
      Emerald Nightmare: 7/7
      Trial of Valor: 2/3
      Nighthold: 8/10 (10/10 HC farming on off days)
      RECRUITMENT:
      We are currently looking to extend our roster with 2-3 players and are looking for the following classes:
      Rogue
      Elemental Shaman
      Warlock
      Frost DK
      Balance Druid
      We don't have an application form as we feel that is an old and inefficient way of doing recruitment. Instead we focus on interviews as well as going through a bit of logs. We don't expect you to consistently parse in the 90% but at least showing that you know your class well.
      As for which classes we are looking for we are quite flexible at the moment as we currently have a good class balance already so we are mainly interested in you as a player rather than your class/specc. With that said we do specifically want a resto shaman and a rogue a bit more than anything else.
      If you are interested feel free to contact us.
      How to apply:
      To apply contact Ithok#2898, Krebb#2944, kebban#21852 or whisper an officer ingame.
      Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon!
    • By HiddenInShadowz
      Hey guys I have been having some dps issues on my outlaw rogue. I have 906 ilvl but I am usually one of the lowest dps. I have only been focusing on the ilvl of the gear and not really the stats so I am thinking that that is the problem. Any tips would be greatly appreciated thanks!
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Miracle Rogue Deck List Guide.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Aggro Rogue Deck List Guide.