FORUMS
Stan

Maiev Hero Spotlight

3 hours ago, xevex said:

Watches Spotlight saying "if she hits atleast 2 enemy heroes..."
Checks her battle.net page saying "if she hits atleast 3 enemy heroes..." 

She dint even come out and is already getting nerfed. 
I really hope that they take it back to 2 because 3 hits would make her literally niche.
180 dmg on 5 second cd. 

Reloads the pages. Its back to 2. 
Blizzard scaring us with typos. :D

40 minutes ago, Maxkitty said:

This

Maiev, the bane of Shimada clan.  She even has 15 armor. Most likely to counter Hanzos Sharpened ArrowheadsSharpened Arrowheads. :D

1 hour ago, SMOrcMan said:

BTW, LOL at the first ult because a couple days ago in the reveal I said that she'd get a targetted time stop as an ult.

I remember. :D But you were only half right cuz its a skillshot. xoxo

Edited by xevex

Kinda sad Avatar of Vengeance is a basic ability and pretty much a carbon copy of Sylvanas' (it's even in the video lul). Also, her kit seems to be a lot more fitting to a Warrior or at least a Warrior-like Hero. There are utility assassins but even they're not expected to have a ton of cc. Adding to that she seems to be very reliant on her team because we all know what happens if multiple members of a team get up close and personal with a single enemy hero, especially a squishy one (lack of self-sustain shows why it hurts there) regardless of how. Still excited though.

Now the new hype mode engaged: her talents and the patch notes. DAMN. CAN'T WAIT. I don't think I have been so hyped about a Hero since Stukov.

DUfigwYW4AEzMqE.jpeg

Edited by Valhalen
This pic tho
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Valhalen said:

Now the new hype mode engaged: her talents and the patch notes. DAMN. CAN'T WAIT. I don't think I have been so hyped about a Hero since Stukov.

IKR! The hype is real! :D (Actually i never was hyped on any hero before)
The sad thing is that her Q is most likely an AoE it doesnt hit unless the targets are in its AoE. Atleast thats how it looked in the Spotlight. I thought it would hit everyone inbetween Maiev and the AoE. But it has very big range. I think its possible to basic attack the frontline while poking the backline with knives. 

Wonder if you can throw out your teleport behind you, Umbral Bind someone, then activate teleport backwards to pull people like a mile. That could be pre nerf Garrosh levels of busted if it works

17 hours ago, Morcalivan said:

Maybe this will make people less quick to choose Tracer?

Poor Tyreal... on the plus side, I do like the idea of using teleport with a lockdown to bite into Sgt. Hammer.

Some area attacks and ports to hunt for Samuro. Yeah, I could like her. :p

Tracer can just RecallRecall out of that.

19 hours ago, xevex said:

Watches Spotlight saying "if she hits atleast 2 enemy heroes..."
Checks her battle.net page saying "if she hits atleast 3 enemy heroes..." 

She dint even come out and is already getting nerfed. 
I really hope that they take it back to 2 because 3 hits would make her literally niche.
180 dmg on 5 second cd. 

Fun Fact: Maievs health pool is a little smaller then Ragnaroses and she has a passive 15 armor. 

Very much a typo. I noticed this too and it's already been amended down to 2. Don't worry!

47 minutes ago, leapingshadow said:

Very much a typo. I noticed this too and it's already been amended down to 2. Don't worry!

Yup i noticed. Im planning on buying her day one. Gotta farm that gold. :D 

6 hours ago, Oxygen said:

Tracer can just RecallRecall out of that.

Still a good trade. I doubt Umbral Bind has such a big cd and Tracer without RecallRecall must play very carefully for those 26 seconds and im pretty sure Umbral Bind will be off cd by half that time which means Tracer will be affected too. Even Genji can just use his Swift StrikeSwift Strike after a pull so its not like its that easy for Maiev to get any mobile hero. 

2 minutes ago, leapingshadow said:

Umbral Bind, Maiev's W that lets her bind someone and yank to her position.

I would think the stasis more important since she can still evade and attach bombs while tethered. The rebound affect may in fact be used to retaliate after evading for a free blink.

29 minutes ago, Morcalivan said:

I would think the stasis more important since she can still evade and attach bombs while tethered. The rebound affect may in fact be used to retaliate after evading for a free blink.

yea but in a team fight, as Tracer, it's unlikely Maiev is your intended target. You're more likely diving someone on the back line, like their support, or a Li Ming or something. If they tethered you, they could literally drag you away from higher priority targets. Anything that hinders your movement is usually gonna equal death, unless you have Recall off cooldown, so being tethered to a melee assassin is unlikely to be good times. Unless you happen to be in a 1v1 situation, in which case, yea you could just carefully dance around her. Kinda depends how brutal that Fan of Knives ends up being.

5 minutes ago, PrivateJoker said:

yea but in a team fight, as Tracer, it's unlikely Maiev is your intended target. You're more likely diving someone on the back line, like their support, or a Li Ming or something. If they tethered you, they could literally drag you away from higher priority targets. Anything that hinders your movement is usually gonna equal death, unless you have Recall off cooldown, so being tethered to a melee assassin is unlikely to be good times. Unless you happen to be in a 1v1 situation, in which case, yea you could just carefully dance around her. Kinda depends how brutal that Fan of Knives ends up being.

Yup Umbral Bind looks like a pretty good peel for your backline. Tracer cant really dive a backline when she uses her Recall on Umbrall Bind which will be off cooldown 2x sooner then Recall. 
I doubt Tracer will gonna do a lot of dancing around Maiev since she can blink away. 
For Maiev If there less then 2 enemies its not worth the effort. Its obviously different when you see a low hp enemy hero and try to finish up. Her E deals 200 dmg (can hit 2 times, it might be possible to tether someone for double hit on E+W that would be 510), W 110 if it pulls and Q 180 so she certainly has the mobility and tools to finish of a low hp hero but other then that i doubt we will see much of dueling from her she has no sustain she cant just trade and her fan of knives has such a long range that i dont get why is she melee. 

58 minutes ago, Morcalivan said:

Out of what? There are quite a few tools there.

She doesnt really have a too that much of tool lol. Its just her Ultis and Umbrall Bind. E is dmg and mobility. Q is just ranged multi-target dmg. Her only CC is W and her Ultis. 

The possibilities form Umbral Bind are endless; she pretty much has access to SlaughterhouseSlaughterhouse without the silence effects. It's insane. I cannot wait to try all the various follow-ups and setups it'll enable.

1 hour ago, Valhalen said:

The possibilities form Umbral Bind are endless; she pretty much has access to SlaughterhouseSlaughterhouse without the silence effects. It's insane. I cannot wait to try all the various follow-ups and setups it'll enable.

I expected the cleave to be like melee range cleave but its huge. :D Umbrall Bind pulls only once though. But its a great setup ability.

I just want to see her talents asap! :D

Edited by xevex

On 27/01/2018 at 8:33 PM, xevex said:

She doesnt really have a too that much of tool lol. Its just her Ultis and Umbrall Bind. E is dmg and mobility. Q is just ranged multi-target dmg. Her only CC is W and her Ultis. 

I would consider the ability to do area affect damage on a low hitpoint target who uses evasion as a defense to be a tool to deal with them. I would also consider a mobility ability that grants two possible 'tracks' on a delay to equal a tool to confuse porters where they should port and possibly waste a port to be a tool. Matching blinks with her own version will possibly use up some of Tracer's blinks trying to stay ahead. This in turn should let Maiev's other abilities then be used more easily depending on cooldown timers. Or am I being too optimistic about how she could be used?

I wonder if her Q ability deals damage to the first enemies hit or is an aoe that does damage to everything in its area.

Umbral bind looks crazy. So many possibilities there. 

Extremely hyped for Maiev. 

I wonder if Warden's Cage functions like "walls". This would allow for some nasty setups such as Diablo slamming foos with Devastating ChargeDevastating Charge.

9 hours ago, Morcalivan said:

I would consider the ability to do area affect damage on a low hitpoint target who uses evasion as a defense to be a tool to deal with them. I would also consider a mobility ability that grants two possible 'tracks' on a delay to equal a tool to confuse porters where they should port and possibly waste a port to be a tool. Matching blinks with her own version will possibly use up some of Tracer's blinks trying to stay ahead. This in turn should let Maiev's other abilities then be used more easily depending on cooldown timers. Or am I being too optimistic about how she could be used?

eh.. yeah. First of all, im pretty sure Q is her main dmg so its not like she just gonna basic attack if she doesnt need to. Ofc, it can be used to finish of low hp heroes but so can be her E(20 more dmg). 
Her E is too slow and too short to confuse anybody. On a crossroad it can maybe use as Sylvanas teleport to confuse people though. 

2 hours ago, Maxkitty said:

I wonder if her Q ability deals damage to the first enemies hit or is an aoe that does damage to everything in its area.

Umbral bind looks crazy. So many possibilities there. 

Extremely hyped for Maiev. 

Its AoE. Heroes inbetween Maiev and the AoE are not hit. 

I wonder if Warden's Cage functions like "walls". This would allow for some nasty setups such as Diablo slamming foos with Devastating ChargeDevastating Charge.

Or Hanzo shooting a Scatter arrow inside. lol

Edited by xevex
  • Haha 3