FORUMS
Stan

What's Next for Warcraft III?

Ifm486I.jpg

Warcraft III streamers have been invited to a secret Blizzard event held at the end of the month in the US. While there are no official information available at this time, streamers are rushing to get their US Visa just in time for the announcement.

The full list of attendees remains unknown, but we know that attending the event are HawK (RU), Foggy (UA) and Grubby (NL). Participants have signed a NDA and cannot divulge any further information. If you're a fan of Blizzard games, chances are you've come across Warcraft III. It all boils down to a single question; what's the announcement about?

Will Warcraft III get remastered or does the event have something to do with the unannounced MMO RTS project? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

(Source)

• Like 1

If this is only remastered I will be disappointed. SC remastered just didn't do much...

Nervous for it on Mobile, you just can't do the same micro. Doesn't mean it won't be fun, it will just be interesting to see how the game would be forced to adjust.

maybe about the new patch? the were talking about balance adjustments a while ago. still, it is too gib of a secret keeping if it's just for balancing reasons.

i just don't see the connection from wc3-pros to the mobile game, in my opinion the only reason to invite (ex)pro players is either a remaster/remake with a small/heavy balance patch or actually a new game (but that would be really unexpected :D )

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Breadd said:

maybe about the new patch? the were talking about balance adjustments a while ago. still, it is too gib of a secret keeping if it's just for balancing reasons.

i just don't see the connection from wc3-pros to the mobile game, in my opinion the only reason to invite (ex)pro players is either a remaster/remake with a small/heavy balance patch or actually a new game (but that would be really unexpected :D )

This guy gets it.

I want to see Moon vs Grubby.

Edited by greatCraft

Warcraft 3 was and is great for many reasons...one of them was graphics! Yes it wasn't a 4k console game but you know what ito had? Yes many people could work with that in making maps,that graphic was enough for people to add their simple and cute works into maps!I've played most of strategy games and i still say warcraft3 had best map editor for players that they could make anything with it like chess,racing,muche much mini games,TD,Dota,loap,Diablo,hero arena,footman frenzy,god maps,surviving maps,even movies that made by it .... I think it takes a day to say how much game I've saw on warcraft3..u think how it happened? Because people could use great map editor system and their own models,icons,items etc which werent very complex and you could see normal people  were making them.. i think blizzard never can make what they made years ago..any improvement in graphics,etc won't be interesting for most players..I love warcraft3 for how it was..don't need any change or improvements  in graphic or other craps thx!for me it's the best game I've experienced in about 19 year of being gamer through any devices since when I started with an old saga console till now with pc n Xbox.. (sorry if some words aren't readable my phone got a crap auto correct)

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, MZLICH said:

Warcraft 3 was and is great for many reasons...one of them was graphics! Yes it wasn't a 4k console game but you know what ito had? Yes many people could work with that in making maps,that graphic was enough for people to add their simple and cute works into maps!I've played most of strategy games and i still say warcraft3 had best map editor for players that they could make anything with it like chess,racing,muche much mini games,TD,Dota,loap,Diablo,hero arena,footman frenzy,god maps,surviving maps,even movies that made by it .... I think it takes a day to say how much game I've saw on warcraft3..u think how it happened? Because people could use great map editor system and their own models,icons,items etc which werent very complex and you could see normal people  were making them.. i think blizzard never can make what they made years ago..any improvement in graphics,etc won't be interesting for most players..I love warcraft3 for how it was..don't need any change or improvements  in graphic or other craps thx!for me it's the best game I've experienced in about 19 year of being gamer through any devices since when I started with an old saga console till now with pc n Xbox.. (sorry if some words aren't readable my phone got a crap auto correct)

Mate, thank you so much for the comment. I love Warcraft III for many reasons - mesmerizing plot, campaign full of ideas how to come up with anything different than search-and-destroy, great and playable mechanics, superb multiplayer capabilities, infinite potential for custom games, and stuff like humour, sounds and music. Overall, my favourite game ever.

What I don't get at HOTS is the lack of player-made maps and custom games in general. I know it might not be that easy, but it was a tremendous feature in W3. I would more than LOVE to play a HOTS-based Tower Defense, even if it was similar to Legion TD and many many more (to mention arenas). All this stuff would have its place in the game I believe, which was obviously visible by the immense popularity and terrific feedback that Escape from Braxis received. I would love to play even a simple pick-a-hero and survive incoming waves of creatures. I strongly feel such 'innovations' would be appreciated by the players.

• Like 1

Warcraft IV is probably just a dream like Starcraft Ghost at this point.

I would take a Warcraft 3D HD, as long as the editor and multiplayed with the crazy maps are still there, it's better than nothing.

Warcraft for mobile ? Not sure, I don't like the minimum control you have over your units in mobile games such as Clash of Clans, although I would like a Warcraft-themed game on my phone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Aglommon said:

I would take a Warcraft 3D HD, as long as the editor and multiplayed with the crazy maps are still there, it's better than nothing.

Warcraft for mobile ? Not sure, I don't like the minimum control you have over your units in mobile games such as Clash of Clans, although I would like a Warcraft-themed game on my phone.

As I said improvement in graphics will be silly.. just check hiveworkshop for example and see how much models just made by people and this was a good feature to have simple but cute ones.. if they upgrade minimum quality req of models graphics, making new models wouldnt be much easier as it was before for most of people... and I'm sure if they could make something(W4) better than warcraft 3 they would do it years ago..you know it's something like: we all know stronghold crusader 1 was better than most of stronghold games however it hadn't graphics n was simple,or about gta San Andreas ..however it had not more features than gta IV but most people love it more...sometimes it's hard to make something bigger than what they've made before..it also happens for Warcraft or even wow.. all know best patch of wow was Wotlk that made people to make many private servers for it n many are still play it

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aglommon said:

The fact that most of strathegic game for android/iOS are strathegic garbage based on waiting or paying like Clash of Clans doesn't means that you can't build a real RTS game for a touch screen. Simply casual game market is big, and it's better to build a game the easiest possible to profit the most from more people.

I strongly believe that there is a market for deeper game for mobile, I wouldn't mind if Blizzard tries this way. Even if I don't believe they will :)

Said that, I wouldn't care a lot a remaster of Warcraft III. I know that there are graphic mod for it. I would love Warcraft 4, instead, but only if they make it deep enough. Eh, if instead of Warhammer, they made Total War: Azeroth, I would have bought it day one!

I don't care if it's a remaster, remake or port for mobiles. Seeing Warcraft III getting some deserved love thrills me. If wasn't for this game we wouldn't have MOBAs; if wasn't for this game Heroes of the Storm wouldn't exist.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Aglommon said:

11 hours ago, SirSlapzAlot said:

warcraft  4 confirmed? :o

I've been wanting a WarCraft IV ever since I played WC3 (campaigns too great among other things) and every Blizzcon I've been like "announce Warcraft 4 and Starcraft 3 already!" but WC4 to this day has probably been made into a Half-Life 3 :c

• Like 1

I would be very surprise if it was only a Warcraft 3 remastered. There really isn't that much attraction to even held an event for, not mentioning it being mysterious and streamers paying for fares and visas to get over from around the world. It just doesn't make sense.

How WoW would end has been a thought of many warcraft lovers like me over the years, every time we seems to have eliminate the greatest threat at the time, a superior one popped. I mean, i could totally understand this as part of an ongoing MMO with such strong stories as its major attraction, but people get tired eventually and need a break dont they? To pop new content every 2 years is not easy feats for this historical giant of gaming world, not taking into the continuous evolution of both gamers and technologies.

Remember how Warcraft 3 are actually aftermath of the stories told by warcraft 1 and 2? It did a good job on adding depth to an originally rather simple story, by giving and insight into the honourable side of the Orc, as well as the flaw of human race. Then with WoW it further dissect and insight into stories of various race, with short stories, books, etc supporting the narration.

I think a short break from the cycle would do warcraft universe a great favour in long run. I know we still got a lot of plots in game to be explored further, but i think they would make a good foundation for next version of RTS or MMO, it really doesn't matter, because warcraft is a universe where players enjoy the stories as much as the game.

I have a feeling it's gonna be Warcraft RTS 4, or a distance WoW 2.0, and if it's true, it would be interesting on how are they gonna exist alongside current WoW. (FF11 has totally diff story than FF14)

4 hours ago, Archimage said:

So this is whats happening:

Warcraft III Invitational and Patch 1.29 PTR Highlights

Not surprised that they went back to Warcraft 3 because Battle for Azeroth's Warfronts are suppose to give you the RTS feels.

Not gonna say im a tad dissapointed but hey.. 

I hope they fixed the graphic issues for mac thougj :))))) 

Random curve ball idea. Warcraft 3 for VR. Brass Tactics is a game that is just coming out, and is a really high quality RTS using VR. If this was pulled off using a franchise with as much love and depth behind it as warcraft, that would be completely worth flying out the stars of the game to test it.

I feel like of all the Blizzard titles, Warcraft (or another RTS) will be their first attempt at VR because the game already lends itself to it, so why not now? Maybe it's early since VR isn't totally adapted, but it's not like they have to release it now. VR will only grow in users the next couple of years.

On 21/2/2018 at 2:09 PM, Valhalen said:

I don't care if it's a remaster, remake or port for mobiles. Seeing Warcraft III getting some deserved love thrills me. If wasn't for this game we wouldn't have MOBAs; if wasn't for this game Heroes of the Storm wouldn't exist.

I agree, not even WoW would :p

On 3/29/2018 at 4:46 AM, VegaPl said:

Is there any follow-up to it?

I hope a better version of Warcraft III will come out like how a better version of Starcraft came out.

I would be playing the new Warcraft more. 

Maybe they can make the game with 3D, HD, and Unreal Engine Graphics and if you create a 5th or even 6th race choice it will be a lot of fun.

Please share the follow-up on it because that's a Strategy game we need to revive! Isaac aka MenYmaN the Orcs