Zadina

Expansion Theories: Duskwood or Cenarion Circle?

Sign in to follow this  

10 posts in this topic

kvkwZj3.jpg

The next Hearthstone expansion is a month away and the speculations on its theme have already begun.

The announcement for the Year of the Raven included teasers for all three of 2018's expansions. Naturally, with the first of these expansions being so close everyone is eager to learn what it is about. We see some creepy branches surrounding a pale blue/green background.

VY8RH5NG5OGB1519344039240.png.4e494abaf4

Yesterday, an interesting image was posted by the Latin America Hearthstone Twitter account, which features characters from seemingly all Year of the Mammoth sets strolling around a dark forest with a raven leading the way. People noticed that the area looked a lot like Duskwood, one of the most iconic eerie forests in World of Warcraft.

Duskwood is a cursed forest, filled with ghosts and undead creatures. The branches on the teaser image match the Duskwood theory. However, there are a lot of dark forest areas in WoW that could also make sense on this matter, like Ashenvale, Silverpine Forest Felwood, the trees at the Dread Wastes or even the island of Darkmoon Faire.

DXYeJAVWkAInXqu.jpg

On the other hand, u/Michael_Loda noticed something interesting: the domain cenarioncircle.com has been registered for a while and was updated on November 26, 2017 (source). In the past, gadgetzan.com and karazhan.com were both registered as domains right before the announcement of their respective sets. The domain duskwood.com hasn't been registered yet.

The Cenarion Circle is the faction of all Druids in World of Warcraft. The leaders are Cenarius, Malfurion Stormrage and Hamuul Runetotem. The Cenarion Circle is present in some forest-y areas like Moonglade, Felwood, Ashenvale and Val'sharah.

While the Circle isn't present in Duskwood, there is a connection of Duskwood with the Druids. Duskwood used to be a part of the lash and bright Elwynn Forest. During the questline for the Balance Druid artifact weapon, the Scythe of Elune, we learn that the Scythe played an instrumental part in the events that led to the curse of the lands of Duskwood. Moreover, Duskwood is home to one of Azeroth's Great Trees; the trees house portals to the Emerald Dream, which kinda look like the teaser image.

Therefore, the Duskwood and Cenarion Circle theories aren't exclusive of one another. We'll hopefully learn more soon! What do you, guys and gals, think?

• Thanks 1

Looking at the images I can see this expansion leading into wow reputation , we got the Druid hero coming ( or is out ) , she being part of the Druid circle , second picture looks like arcane flowing so Kirin tor , and last earthen ring . My theories not confirmed

I'm 99% sure that the second expansion has something to do with the ethereals because you can see an ethereal gate in middle.

Edited by Kuraii

So Ya' know the place in Outland with the Blood elves, Tempest Keep? Yeah, it looks nearly exactly like the second picture. The First one is maybe War of the Ancients, at least it would be cool.  The third DEFINITELY looks like Gorgrond, a place in Draenor. The rocks and the paint really make me think Gorgrond at least.

1st: War of the ancients maybe? (Already a Trading card game part of it)

2nd: Tempest Keep like, maybe outland Blood Elves

3rd: Gorgrond/Draenor

Edited by Ragnaroasted

7 hours ago, Kuraii said:

I'm 99% sure that the second expansion has something to do with the ethereals because you can see an ethereal gate in middle.

Also, I'm not 100% sure that Ethereals are the ONLY part of it, because a Void-themed expac seems more likely. However, it does look good for Outland in general, mainly the Ethereal/Blood elf part.

2 hours ago, Ragnaroasted said:

Also, I'm not 100% sure that Ethereals are the ONLY part of it, because a Void-themed expac seems more likely. However, it does look good for Outland in general, mainly the Ethereal/Blood elf part.

Yeah, at first I wrote Netherstorm (Outland) with it, but edited it out. Still it does look like it's headed that direction.

Also I didn't say the Ethereals were gonna be the only part of it, but that they will probably be there in the second expansion :P

Edited by Kuraii

I feel like expansion one looks like the wicker beasts that will be in BFA, if you look at the models, they have pretty similar colors. The blue from the wood, and the soul stuff surrounding them in the video

• Like 1

1: Emerald Dream

2: Netherstorm, maybe Area 52 or Tempest Keep

3: Trolls, I know this game isn't canon, but it could be along side the release of the Zandalari Trolls in BfA.

Looks like they are walking past the Deadwind Pass towards Duskwood... there is an obvious Karazhan tower in the background so from the direction they are walking I am guessing.. .definitely to Duskwood...
From the picture of the expansion... an azure like portal embedded in a tree... Twilight Grove ... 100%

Not sure what is the pink potion and the green egg in the ground...

But that Nailed Mallet looks like a weapon of a dead ogre.. those are in deadwind pass...

Edited by GerlanderTheGreat

They keep us waiting longer this time. I was assuming they will announce the next expansion at the beginning of this week.

But I just noticed the Mammoth Bundle will be available until 11. March. So maybe they will announce it after that, who knows :D

Edited by Caldyrvan