Arcticwolf

Death Knight Spec Path

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have a question about Death Knights spec usefull for SoO. I know that Unholy have some good AOE+SIngle Target DPS, DW frost has great AOE and Burst but lacks in regular dps and 2H frost is good in single target. But i was thinking about procs of Fusion Power Core trinket, Legendary meta gem and Legendary cloak procs. Isnt most suitable for these things DW frost thx to 2 weapons? I know in SoO is only Galakras, Hellscream,Spoils and Nazgrim suitable for AOE dps but is it worth it? This is my char http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/drakthul/Arcticwolf/advanced and i have two upgraded one handed weapons in bank and i dont know what to do. If i should keep 2H Frost and Unholy spec or just reforge everything and swap to DW frost.

Edited by Arcticwolf

From whatever I have read here and on EJ, the Fusion Core trink is pretty weak except on some fights like the ones you have mentioned. In fact, Mendenbarr ranks even the LFR/Flex versions of some of the other trinkets higher. Of course you can only play with the loot that you get, but something to be aware of.

Overall, I believe DW is doing pretty well even in ST fights. I am waiting for a good 1h to drop to switch back from 2h. If you have similar iLvl weapons, I guess it would come down to if you have preference for one playstyle over the other.

Depending on what your 2H weapon is and which stat priority you are using, you could always tweak your gear and make it so you are hit/exp cap'd for both DW and 2H Frost.

In 5.4, dual wield Frost is good for all fights, not just AoE, and dominates the top of the WoL parses. Some fights Unholy does better but it's usually not a large difference.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SweHillbilly
      Hiya!
      Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong with my frostmage, since it feels like I'm underperforming compared to other guys with the same ilvl.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pMdCBwHG6mQb712z This is a normal pug run I did yesterday.
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/blastgasm link to my armory.

Edit: Will add a bit more info now since I was in a hurry when i wrote this.

I know i dont have the optimal legendaries. Only got 2 to drop on my mage. The gloves and the waist. During this normal run i probably had the wrong talent setup for some fights (arctic gale on tichondrius etc.). The question is, what can i improve? Do i need to get Better legendaries or is My rotation slightly off?

• By Questionmarq
      Anybody got any experience/tips or tactics they use as a fire mage ( or other specs that have any knowledge that may be able to apply in generality )
    • By filthsilvermoon
          3/11 M Antorus (ABT)
      FiLTHYs most wanted:
      2x Balance Druid
      2x Warlock
      1x Spriest
      1x Frost DK 1x Mistweaver

FiLTH, a friendly progressive guild looking for more skilled players.

FiLTHY Raid team:
      - Push Mythic progress
      - 3 raids a week, 3 hours each (Extra raid night during opening month of new raid content)
      - Must complete M+ 15 each week
      - 72 minimum traits
      - 940+ ilvl
      Raids are: (Monday extra night) Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday at 8:45PM - 11:45PM Server time (+1 GMT)

What WE can offer YOU:
      - Great and friendly community
      - Always people around to join in your keys
      - Teamspeak 3 and Discord server
      - M+ guild groups 15 and above
      - Raid Logs after every raid
      - Website forums
      - Raid livestreams
      - Guild Whatsapp groups
      - Special event nights
      - Alt raids

FiLTH is a fun place to be and most who join call it their home and family. It’s been a competitive raiding environment for over 6 years and has a strong and experienced core.
      Wowprogress: https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/silvermoon/FiLTH

APPLY AT: http://filth.guildlaunch.com/
      OR
      Reply to this thread
      Message me on Marvynn#21579 or MrRoboto#2229 or Fozzy#2286.
    • By Morrighan
      Hello. I'm having some problems with DK rotation after starting it. I realize that in the beginning, procs are many. But through the middle of the fight, I begin to notice that everything slows down, including the return of runes and loss of Runic Power. Sometimes I do not own a rune, and I have a lot of Runic Power. But if I spend it, the runes are still coming back, and I have nothing to beat. Please help me. This is normal? Should I use FS only when I'm near overcap? Should I wait patiently for the runes to renegate without hitting FS? I have 25% Acceleration, 27% Critical and 42% Mastery. Thank you in advance.
    • By alleraz
      I heard that with the new 4 set Shattering Strikes would be better than Runic Attunement but after simming my self its around 15-20K lower. I was wondering does simming take into account that the 4 set applies Razorice? If not then that'll make sense as to why SS is doing worse than RA. I dont have the 4 set yet I was just simming myself with it to see if SS was actually better with the 4 set.