positiv2

Murloc Mage

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Murloc Mage deck.

I'll love this deck ❤️ I'll try to develop a wild variant asap.

However, there is a little mistake in the end, it say If you enjoyed playing Token Druid, it seems wrong....

• Thanks 1

The deck is very dependent on the opening hand, I am struggling to get it to work because of this. Definetly, Aluneth is a keeper in an opening hand, and Archmage Argual is not too strong beacause of its easy removal. Have to give this one a chance, though.

Why do you call this deck boomsday, when there is no boomsday-card in it. It is an old deck played since weeks!

Edited by Zoppo

1 hour ago, Zoppo said:

Why do you call this deck boomsday, when there is no boomsday-card in it. It is an old deck played since weeks!

We have Boomsday (together with a month) in the name to denote that the deck has been updated for the Boomsday expansion (in that given month). This way the readers know that the deck will not contain any new cards and won't have to wonder if those cards had been considered.

First time playing this archetype, but right now it seems good and wrecks Zoolock. I went 16-4 (ranks 1-5) last night with this version: ### MurMage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Grimscale Oracle
# 2x (1) Mana Wyrm
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 1x (2) Archmage Arugal
# 2x (2) Bluegill Warrior
# 2x (2) Book of Specters
# 2x (2) Murloc Tidehunter
# 2x (2) Primordial Glyph
# 2x (2) Rockpool Hunter
# 2x (3) Coldlight Seer
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Primalfin Lookout
# 1x (3) Stargazer Luna
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (4) Gentle Megasaur
# 2x (5) Fungalmancer

AAECAf0EAsz0Au72Ag67ApUDxQPbA/4D4wXQB6cIncICscIChsQCmMQC0eECzu8CAA==

# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

(Originally I had -1 fungal, -1 wyrm, -2 glyph, +1 voidripper, +2 frost bolt, +1 Aluneth.)

I found the flexibility of glyph over bolt more often than not makes it better (can still give a freezing spell often if needed), and with the addition of Luna, I never ever used Aluneth, even when drawn (no need for a "nothing" turn), more than enough draw with her, Book, and Arugal, and Primalfin provides a card as well.

I much prefer only 6 spells in the deck, making Book draws highly consistent, as opposed to the popular inclusion of both Bolt and Glyph.  This also allows for 16 of the cards to be Murlocs (and 2 Megasaurs with direct synergy) adding to consistency.

I keep Arugal or Luna on Mulligan if possible depending on the other cards, because they stick more easily on curve, for at least one utilization almost always.  

Mana Wyrm is weaker with the 6 spell limit and mostly unnecessary anyway, but I only added the second because I got no use out of Void Ripper in the current meta, and wyrm is always fine as a fallback 1-drop or pretty much any other time as a cheap "must remove" distraction. 

I replaced Aluneth with another Fungalmancer, because Aluneth kept turning up as dead card in my hand when it did come, and there is plenty of other draw.  That being said, a second Fungal isn't necessary, and it would be the first card I switch out for a tech like Void Ripper or Spellbreaker.

2018-08-09 07.37.27 pm.png

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this