Sjachvirlym

Too late in SoO to attempt swap to subtlety from assassination?

2 posts in this topic

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/suramar/Sjachvirlym/advanced

as far as assassination goes, I'm doing a healthy amount of dps around the 290-300k mark, however, my raidleader was asking me to try out subtlety to see if it'll turn out to be more dps than I'm currently pulling. My question is whether or not I'd have to scrap almost my entire gear set and somehow try to pull in much more crit, or if a simple reforging out of mastery would do(after gemming and enchanting of course). (nevermind the talents, I use a very weird build for farming old content)

Edited by Sjachvirlym

Sub does have a very different stat priority, but some reforging should sort that out

Simply by switching to subtlety, shadowcraft shows more than a 10% DPS increase. Taking the output it gives you, and your own estimation, it puts you at roughly 324-335k.

Of course, the main issues are staying behind the boss the whole time and performing the rotation well enough to maintain the high DPS. Compared to assassination, there's a lot more to do and keep track of. For me, switching to sub is a DPS loss because I suck at it. But another rogue I know has about 553 gear (compared to my 560) and can pull higher numbers than me on the right fights.

Sub is a very strong single-target spec at the moment, but it does require a single-target. Iron Juggernaut, Sha, Malkorok, Siegecrafter (if you ignore the add and aren't on the belt) are likely to be the fights where you benefit from sub rather than assassination. Likewise, for fights with lots of adds that will benefit from more cleave than assassination can offer, combat should, in theory, be better than assassination.

I would suggest spending some time on a dummy in both specs and comparing how you perform. If you can master subtlety, you should notice a significant improvement.

If DPS is an issue, it might be worth the switch. If berserk timers aren't a problem, though, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Edited by Falcifer

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tthrack
      HELLO! We're a Horde guild on the linked realms Skullcrusher, Gul'dan and Black Dragonflight - I like to call it Dan Blackskull - sounds like a bad D&D character name.   We're looking for a holy paladin, and a warlock to take over a main raid spot. But, your experience and that you make us laugh matters to us more than the class.
      We raid 7pm to 11pm EST Monday and Sunday. We do Mythic, so this would involve a transfer. Sorry, we can't cross realm current mythic content.  Not my rule, talk to Blizzard.   If you choose to join us, be prepared for stupid jokes, too many puns, and steady progress.   We expect you to:
       • Don't bring the drama, don't be a douche.
       • Improve your own play with each attempt. We want another guild member, not a carry.
       • Be there. We raid 8 times in a month - that's it. If you can only make every Sunday, you're missing 1/2 the raids.

In return you can expect us to:
       • Work with you to try and improve
       • Not go psycho at you when you make a mistake (we might laugh)
       • Respect your time. We do not go late, I do not add days.

Ideally you'd be around 915 item level (my alt is 914 and only pugs normal. You can do it.) Being short isn't a deal breaker, but someone running at 880 is going to have a hard time making up the dps, heals, survivability (is that a word? who cares! it is now,) that is needed to justify a spot. If you're looking for someone to carry you through the raid and just soak up gear, we wish you luck elsewhere.   Comms: We use Discord for voice chat.   Loot: We roll for loot and distribute it through RCLootCouncil. Trials are permitted to roll on loot, but can only win if no one needs the loot for Main spec, the spec they are playing in the raid. Should we accept you and you join, then the trial period is over, and you have full rights to loot.   If interested, contact Tthrack#1350 (guild leader), anyone in Questionable Morality on Skullcrusher or drop a an app in on our Website QuestionableMorality.com.
      Thank you!
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Rogue Deck List Guide.
    • By Akezhar
      So I just got my Rogue to 110 on Monday and plan on raiding soon. But  I am a bit unhappy about Vigor not being an option. Every guide I found put the other two talents above it. I really like playing with Vigor, this might just be because my gear is still kinda bad and messed up(850ish), but it feels a lot smoother with Vigor.
      So I wanted to know why excactly the other two are better and by how much. 
      Edit: Sub
    • By Fleets
      Hello, I'am wondering as a subletly rogue if it's worth keeping the Nighthold T2 Bonus since I dont have the shoulders legendary, so wanna know if talented rogue could help me ! 
      Thanks for replying :) 
    • By SinanDira
      I have compiled the Warcraft story into 240 events nested into 29 statements nested into 4 summaries, all of which can be toggled individually.

Here: http://wowloretldr.com
      FAQ: http://wowloretldr.com/faq/

This is a work in progress still, and certain details are outdated due to the WoW: Chronicle retcon, but it still gives a very solid ground-up understanding of the Warcraft story and most of its fundamental aspects.