Sjachvirlym

Too late in SoO to attempt swap to subtlety from assassination?

2 posts in this topic

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/suramar/Sjachvirlym/advanced

as far as assassination goes, I'm doing a healthy amount of dps around the 290-300k mark, however, my raidleader was asking me to try out subtlety to see if it'll turn out to be more dps than I'm currently pulling. My question is whether or not I'd have to scrap almost my entire gear set and somehow try to pull in much more crit, or if a simple reforging out of mastery would do(after gemming and enchanting of course). (nevermind the talents, I use a very weird build for farming old content)

Edited by Sjachvirlym

Sub does have a very different stat priority, but some reforging should sort that out

Simply by switching to subtlety, shadowcraft shows more than a 10% DPS increase. Taking the output it gives you, and your own estimation, it puts you at roughly 324-335k.

Of course, the main issues are staying behind the boss the whole time and performing the rotation well enough to maintain the high DPS. Compared to assassination, there's a lot more to do and keep track of. For me, switching to sub is a DPS loss because I suck at it. But another rogue I know has about 553 gear (compared to my 560) and can pull higher numbers than me on the right fights.

Sub is a very strong single-target spec at the moment, but it does require a single-target. Iron Juggernaut, Sha, Malkorok, Siegecrafter (if you ignore the add and aren't on the belt) are likely to be the fights where you benefit from sub rather than assassination. Likewise, for fights with lots of adds that will benefit from more cleave than assassination can offer, combat should, in theory, be better than assassination.

I would suggest spending some time on a dummy in both specs and comparing how you perform. If you can master subtlety, you should notice a significant improvement.

If DPS is an issue, it might be worth the switch. If berserk timers aren't a problem, though, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Edited by Falcifer

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HansHolger
      Hallo everybody,
      I have a question about transmoging.
      I would love to use the silent Assassin set on my Monk, i that possible? I know that i can wear the t13 from druids, but not sure about that special rogue set.
      https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/transmogrification-rogue-challenge-mode-set
      Thank you in advance
      HansHolger
    • By weedle
      1. can i do comparable ( to subtlety ) damage as assasination rogue? what is difference in %?
      2. shadowcraft shows me that subterfuge is 25k dps more than nightstalker, is it real?
      3. simcraft shows me, that my dps now as assasination is 25-30k less than subtlety ( 55 and 59 artifact level ), will it be the same gap when i get 59 assa artifact, or subtlety damage is always higher?
    • By SinanDira
      I have compiled the Warcraft story into 434 events nested into 44 statements nested into 6 summaries, which:
      are toggled individually; can be filtered by story arc/character; & have tooltips with pictures for most important terms.
      Here: http://wowloretldr.com
      FAQ: http://wowloretldr.com/faq/

This is a work in progress still, and certain details are outdated due to the WoW: Chronicle retcon, but it still gives a very solid ground-up understanding of the Warcraft story and most of its fundamental aspects.

Last updated August 27, 2017: Reign of Chaos and story arc/character filtering added. Event/statement/summary counts increased from 240/29/4 to 434/44/6.
    • By Tthrack
      <Questionable Morality> Skullcrusher 9/9 H is looking for one Resto Shaman or Druid to pick up a core raid spot. We raid 7 pm to 11 pm EST Monday and Sunday.
      We've been a guild for 7 years, with a steady roster. Heroic is clear, we're moving on to Mythic. If you're not already on Skullcrusher/Black Dragonflight or Gul'dan, this would involve a transfer. We'd trial you in a heroic run before you make the choice.

If you choose to join us, be prepared for stupid jokes, too many puns, and steady progress.

We expect you to:
      · Be a team player.
      · Improve with each attempt.
      · Be at raids, on time.

In return, you can expect us to:
      · Work with you to improve.
      · Not go psycho when you make a mistake (we might laugh)
      · Respect your time. We do not go late; I do not add days.

Ideally, you'd be around 915 item level.

Coms:
      We use Discord for our voice chat. Yes, we expect you to be on voice chat.

Loot:
      While it's on guild loot (master looter), we roll for loot. The item goes to the highest roll. I step in if someone is rolling on three dps trinkets in a row. Yes, the third might also be an upgrade, but let someone else have some cake.

Trial Period:
      The first week, we want to see if things are a good fit both ways - you to us, and us to you. During this period, you can roll on loot, but it goes to guild priority (Transmog does not count as a priority, I'm looking at you Smurtis!) If we invite you to the guild, you're entitled to loot.

Who to Contact:
      Tthrack(Guild Leader)
      BattleTag: Tthrack#1350 (guild leader)
      Discord: Tthrack#2009

Dalila (Healer Lead)
      BattleTag: Lakme#1109

Or, drop an app in on questionablemorality.com/apply