FORUMS
Stan

Heroes of the Storm Event Teaser: Jul 1

IKQISQn.jpg

The Echoes of Alterac event ends on July 9 and Blizzard teased an upcoming event on Twitter earlier today.

The latest content patch should hit PTR next week and we're getting Azmodan and Raynor Hero reworks. This is in line with the new Heroes of the Storm 2018 release schedule and we'll probably see a new Hero go live by the end of July.

• We've had 48 days in between Maiev and Fenix patches. During that time, Blizzard reworked Medivh and Sonya.
  • We've had 49 days in between the release of Deckard and Yrel. During that time, Diablo and Lunara received updates.
  • Now, we're getting Azmodan and Raynor reworks that should go live during the week of July 10 and a new Hero should be released on July 31.

(Source)

Fellow redditors are already discussing the teaser and Blizzard teased past events like Nexomania, so we can expect new skins soon! The image looks like a Goblin shredder of some sort. What do you think? Let us know in the comments below!

Placeholder for tweet 1013467279072419841

Looks like one of Warhammer 40k Orkz clan symbols. Goblin perhaps? Blackfuse or Gallywix are the only notable goblins besides Gazlowe.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Terminator. Back in time to kill Arthas Menethil before he was born,

OOPS. That was supposed to be BfA story

Edited by Yevhen
  • Haha 1

This looks to be a reference to any of the builder tinks of the goblin race , gazlowe was one , but we can get a minor character like trade prince steamwheedle of the steamwheedle cartel, which horde is trying to fix relations with . His shredders are superior in the goblin fraction , i don’t think it could be anyone else because prince gallywax would be diamonds or anything to do with currency cause afterall ..... time is money ... friend 

1 hour ago, 1know said:

"Waste land" like the where Deckard and Garrosh skins are from.

I would love to get more skins from this AU. I think it's either this or iron horde themed skins.

@Edit: someone over Reddit pointed to Mira Hann, with the glowing eye and Terran junker aesthetic. What do you guys think? She is already an announcer.

Edited by lChronosl

2 hours ago, 1know said:

"Waste land" like where the Deckard and Garrosh skins are from.

1 hour ago, lChronosl said:

someone over Reddit pointed to Mira Hann, with the glowing eye and Terran junker aesthetic.

I think it could be a combination of these two things.

It will start the event with new skins for some current heroes from this 'wasteland/MadMax' realm. Which will get a name now with this event. And then at the two weeks into the event we get the new hero who will also come with skins themed to the new 'wasteland' realm. Which will be Mira Han & Matt Horner. Who's alt skins are the 'Queen & King' of the lands in that realm. (Not necessary the Realm Lords, but maybe. That could be cool too.)

And as we who visit this site pretty much everyday will know Mira & Matt will be sort of like Cho'Gall. Except that they are two separate heroes that have to be picked together and who's abilities play off each other. So two as one new 'multi-class' hero(s?). And it will come with new menu background like they've done lately. And hopefully finally come with a new PvE event themed brawl damn it!

So that's my guess 😛 🙂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CyberDVonaven said:

It will start the event with new skins for some current heroes from this 'wasteland/MadMax' realm. Which will get a name now with this event. And then at the two weeks into the event we get the new hero who will also come with skins themed to the new 'wasteland' realm. Which will be Mira Han & Matt Horner. Who's alt skins are the 'Queen & King' of the lands in that realm. (Not necessary the Realm Lords, but maybe. That could be cool too.)

And as we who visit this site pretty much everyday will know Mira & Matt will be sort of like Cho'Gall. Except that they are two separate heroes that have to be picked together and who's abilities play off each other. So two as one new 'multi-class' hero(s?). And it will come with new menu background like they've done lately. And hopefully finally come with a new PvE event themed brawl damn it!

So that's my guess 😛 🙂

I think if they go with Mira as a new hero they won't do another Chogall type hero where you need the other to be picked at the same time. Too few people would be up for that to make it worth investing in. The only way I can conceivably see them doing this sorta thing again is if they allow you to pick one and just get paired with someone playing the other automatically. Cho in particular is an awful experience to learn how to play because you need someone to tag along with you to suffer through your first few matches as him as you learn how he plays and adding a second hero like that would be rough

Edited by mada7

I soooo dig the W40k comments 🙂 TBH it was my first impression as well - although there's is no place for xenos - and heretics - in the galaxy.

As for goblins... I kinda don't see more of them coming. Apart from Gazlowe there's not that many notable ones in WoW. Ofc you have Gallywix, who is just a fat and ugly and wouldn't pair well with the shredders imo as he just sits in his pleasure palace getting more rich and fat (and ugly). Blackfuse on the other hand would fit quite nicely I admit. But then again - I don't think he'd be too different from Gazlowe...

2 hours ago, Evincare said:

I soooo dig the W40k comments 🙂 TBH it was my first impression as well - although there's is no place for xenos - and heretics - in the galaxy.

As for goblins... I kinda don't see more of them coming. Apart from Gazlowe there's not that many notable ones in WoW. Ofc you have Gallywix, who is just a fat and ugly and wouldn't pair well with the shredders imo as he just sits in his pleasure palace getting more rich and fat (and ugly). Blackfuse on the other hand would fit quite nicely I admit. But then again - I don't think he'd be too different from Gazlowe...

Maybe they can make gallywix a aba kind of hero. But instead he just sits his fat ass on the core and he can upgrade the units and towers etc with gold he gets from his team killing heroes x) kinda like the trader concept on wc3 online battleships game. 

8 hours ago, CyberDVonaven said:

So that's my guess 😛 🙂

I would love this.

3 hours ago, SirSlapzAlot said:

Maybe they can make gallywix a aba kind of hero. But instead he just sits his fat ass on the core and he can upgrade the units and towers etc with gold he gets from his team killing heroes x) kinda like the trader concept on wc3 online battleships game. 

That could actually work - but only if he stayed planted on top of the Core which would have to be remodeled as Throne or whatnot. There have been concepts of 'core-replacing' heroes for some time, although most of the time those concepts seem to be about the overmind IIRC 🙂

As far as Gnomes they usually look way less vicious and savage in their creations. This would IMO not go well with the sawblade thingy they teased. The whole thing just screams 'horde' for me.

Since Matchmaking in QM is great just picture a Team consisting of Cho'gall, Mira Han/Horner and Abathur. Best on one of the big maps. Should be fun 🤣

43 minutes ago, Evincare said:

That could actually work - but only if he stayed planted on top of the Core which would have to be remodeled as Throne or whatnot. There have been concepts of 'core-replacing' heroes for some time, although most of the time those concepts seem to be about the overmind IIRC 🙂

Indeed they experimented with that idea, Blizzard guys originally intended to make Ragnaros work just like this, he would serve as immobile hero replacing the core. It didn't turn out right, so they would rather avoid more "weird" heroes, Abathur and Cho'gall are most likely going to remain as only exceptions.

Mira as announcer says "Double the Mira double the fun". It sounds like unused line when she is selected both as hero and announcer, although that logo doesn't look like it belongs to her. At least it wasn't in Starcraft.

51 minutes ago, Arcling said:

Indeed they experimented with that idea, Blizzard guys originally intended to make Ragnaros work just like this, he would serve as immobile hero replacing the core. It didn't turn out right, so they would rather avoid more "weird" heroes, Abathur and Cho'gall are most likely going to remain as only exceptions.

Now that you mention Rag, I recall having heard/read that discussion. So I guess you're right, no more funky heroes - not that I mind. There are more 'lost' or unused voice lines like that, that might hint at future Heroes. It certainly does hint towards mira at some point, but I just don't see anything in that picture - apart from the glowing right eye.

Apparently reddit found the 'winner' - it could be teasing Warlord Zaela. Eye and iron Horde stuff would match, and she's an orc. What are your thoughts?

Edited by Evincare

17 hours ago, 1know said:

"Waste land" like the where Deckard and Garrosh skins are from.

6L9E1N9PT3SC1523499678362.jpg

Garrosh-Mad-Axe-Skin-HotS.jpg

And you win the big money.

• Like 1