FORUMS
Valks

Fury Warrior 8.3

Guest Force

Very good guide!

As Always. Thx for ur efforts and ur time! Helped me a lot :)

Guest Alurea - Thrall

With Bladestorm having a reduced CD from Legion and more concentrated burst, is Storm's Eye viable as a top tier legendary? Or is the Charger just too strong to replace? 

Guest exec

should we only exec when we are enraged ? can't we just use it to increase our rage ?

On 7/21/2018 at 1:40 PM, Guest Alurea - Thrall said:

With Bladestorm having a reduced CD from Legion and more concentrated burst, is Storm's Eye viable as a top tier legendary? Or is the Charger just too strong to replace? 

From Archi:

Storm's Eye is usable, but it's not really viable - while Fury's Bladestorm is shorter, it also means it gains less benefit from Tornado's Eye.

The helm's buff stacks every time Bladestorm deals damage, so it'll stack 30% less for Fury than Arms (same with the new Azerite trait, Gathering Storm).

Hope this helps clear it up.

On 7/21/2018 at 8:09 PM, Guest exec said:

should we only exec when we are enraged ? can't we just use it to increase our rage ?

It is more important to have your Execute damage buffed than the Rage generation.

I am curious, because the opener was not explicitly detailed or laid out. What is the rotation used by the simulations done by the guide writer/tester? Is it optimal to use Recklessness then start your rotation, or is it better to get enough rage for Rampage, then recklessness, then rampage, so the duration is supplemented by enrage at the start of the cooldown? 

3 hours ago, Sincerely said:

I am curious, because the opener was not explicitly detailed or laid out. What is the rotation used by the simulations done by the guide writer/tester? Is it optimal to use Recklessness then start your rotation, or is it better to get enough rage for Rampage, then recklessness, then rampage, so the duration is supplemented by enrage at the start of the cooldown? 

There is an opener/cooldown section, with special rules for handling those periods. There's no action sequence because the priority is exactly the same, and detailing the rotation over again would be redundant.

Follow the same rules laid out in the relevant target section (single, multi, etc), and you'll be fine. If it's not listed (ex: Reck before Charge, or pool rage before Reck and Rampage), it's because you shouldn't do it.

The simulation APL can be found in any Raidbots/SimCraft (which I also wrote and maintain) output; there's no inherent difference between it and the one found in this guide, aside from standardized formatting to make it more readable.

19 hours ago, Archimtiros said:

There is an opener/cooldown section, with special rules for handling those periods. There's no action sequence because the priority is exactly the same, and detailing the rotation over again would be redundant.

Follow the same rules laid out in the relevant target section (single, multi, etc), and you'll be fine. If it's not listed (ex: Reck before Charge, or pool rage before Reck and Rampage), it's because you shouldn't do it.

The simulation APL can be found in any Raidbots/SimCraft (which I also wrote and maintain) output; there's no inherent difference between it and the one found in this guide, aside from standardized formatting to make it more readable.

That makes sense then, I suppose I was just confused by the rotation section also inherently containing the opener priority, and the specific opener section of the guide only mentioning the dire need of using rampage ASAP. My apologies for the ramblings, I just confused myself, great guide! ?

Guest Bfa lvling legendary

what do u think will be the best legendaries for leveling in bfa?

Guest Dannyboy

Awesome guide quickly assembled!! Just clean up the typo and grammar in the last paragraph.

Guest SMF vs TG in 8.0

I am surprised I see no comment regarding the design to have Fury limited to only DW 2x 2H weps.  Prior to Legion there was always a choice between Single Minded Fury (SMF) and Titan's Grip (TG).  In the 8.0 spellbook I only see TG.  Does this mean DW 1H weps is no longer an option for Fury?

On 7/30/2018 at 2:16 AM, Guest SMF vs TG in 8.0 said:

I am surprised I see no comment regarding the design to have Fury limited to only DW 2x 2H weps.  Prior to Legion there was always a choice between Single Minded Fury (SMF) and Titan's Grip (TG).  In the 8.0 spellbook I only see TG.  Does this mean DW 1H weps is no longer an option for Fury?

Correct, though this isn't a change new to Battle for Azeroth, so doesn't really require repeating.

On 7/29/2018 at 2:05 PM, Guest Dannyboy said:

Awesome guide quickly assembled!! Just clean up the typo and grammar in the last paragraph.

Do you want to be more specific? There are a lot of "last paragraphs" across 7-something different pages.

Guest Aenir

It's said:

Cast Raging Blow Icon Raging Blow when at two charges.

Cast Bloodthirst Icon Bloodthirst on cooldown.

Cast Raging Blow Icon Raging Blow for Rage.

in this order - is it because enraged Bloodthirst might still trigger a new Enrage? Wouldn't it make sense to spend all available Raging Blows while being enraged for the extra amount of rage and saving Bloodthirst for the depletion of Enrage? Or would that, on the other hand, rather lead to Rage lacks since there is maybe no Raging Blow stack left?

Thanks! ?

On 8/1/2018 at 2:09 AM, Guest Aenir said:

It's said:

Cast Raging Blow Icon Raging Blow when at two charges.

Cast Bloodthirst Icon Bloodthirst on cooldown.

Cast Raging Blow Icon Raging Blow for Rage.

in this order - is it because enraged Bloodthirst might still trigger a new Enrage? Wouldn't it make sense to spend all available Raging Blows while being enraged for the extra amount of rage and saving Bloodthirst for the depletion of Enrage? Or would that, on the other hand, rather lead to Rage lacks since there is maybe no Raging Blow stack left?

Thanks! ?

It's in that order to better manage the spell cooldowns, since two charges of the same ability cannot cool down at the same time.

Guest Shai
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:09 AM, Archimtiros said:

Stride + anything. There'll be a sec

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:09 AM, Archimtiros said:

Stride + anything. There'll be a section on this before the new content unlocks.

Don't you think the Timeless Strategem will be more fun to have in backpack once gear stats is obsolete when you reach 120?

Guest Aurel

Hey there, is there's any Haste "max" ? Like, 30%? Or 33% until the stat gain isn't that much efficient anymore? (to prioritize Crit)

On 8/10/2018 at 10:09 AM, Guest Aurel said:

Hey there, is there's any Haste "max" ? Like, 30%? Or 33% until the stat gain isn't that much efficient anymore? (to prioritize Crit)

The GCD reduction caps at 0.75s at 100%, although rotational cooldowns (Bloodthirst, etc) continue to be reduced beyond that point. So practically speaking, no.

It is possible that future gearing will cause another stat to rise above haste, but at least for the time being (I've plotted out to 385 ilvl and Haste is still on top), that appears to be unlikely.

Guest Vurjin

With the traits for azerite gear, i dont see Secrets of the deep listed in the outer ring single target sims, is it that bad or was it not done?

2 hours ago, Guest Vurjin said:

With the traits for azerite gear, i dont see Secrets of the deep listed in the outer ring single target sims, is it that bad or was it not done?

It'll be added in the neat future - some traits don't work in SimulationCraft, so they need to be fixed before being added. Sorry about that.

Guest Aenir

Excellent guide. Especially in comarison with others. ^^'

So.. It's said that there is no difference if some traits are taken more often. Is this true to all traits? What about e.g. Thunderous Blast? I actually got 2 azerite armor pieces both providing this.