Starym

Allied Race Requirements Will Stay the Same

Sign in to follow this  

32 posts in this topic

v964xGV.jpg
 

The dev announcements continue, with just one day from the pre-patch, we're getting new information on topics of interest to the community. With Battle for Azeroth arriving, many players were wondering whether the Argussian Reach, Army of the Light, Nightfallen and Highmountain exalted requirements for the current allied races would be removed or reduced once Legion is no longer current content. Today we got word that (for now) there are no plans to change the way the requirements work.

Here are the full unlock requirements for all the current Allied Races:

Allied Race Requirements
Highmountain Tauren Ain't No Mountain High EnoughAin't No Mountain High Enough + Exalted with Highmountain Tribe 
Lightforged Draenei You Are Now Prepared!You Are Now Prepared! + Exalted with Army of the Light
Nightborne InsurrectionInsurrection + Exalted with the Nightfallen
Void Elf You Are Now Prepared!You Are Now Prepared! + Exalted with Argussian Reach

And you can also check out our guides for the exalted reputations here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yikes. Incoming 50 reddit threads of millions quitting.

At the end of the day they will remove it eventually, but this is a big blow to the hype for new/returning players that sat out legion or longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Laragon said:

but this is a big blow to the hype for new/returning players that sat out legion or longer.

As opposed to the ones who ground out the rep when it was actually hard, you mean?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Laragon said:

Yikes. Incoming 50 reddit threads of millions quitting.

At the end of the day they will remove it eventually, but this is a big blow to the hype for new/returning players that sat out legion or longer.

That's their own fault, they chose not to play and as such they shouldn't have access to rewards that require exalted reputation of an expansion they didn't play until they do it themselves. Many players have had to grind old reps in the past for rewards those who played at the time got and this is no different.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All those achievements are really easy to get now with the changes they made. And once players get to 120 and have gear of that level, the quests will only require time spent rather than any actual effort. However, an alternative would be nice. This Final Fantasy XIV route they seem to be taking is complete bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Durf24 said:

That's their own fault, they chose not to play and as such they shouldn't have access to rewards that require exalted reputation of an expansion they didn't play until they do it themselves. Many players have had to grind old reps in the past for rewards those who played at the time got and this is no different.

Most players didn't grind those reps at all, they just came naturally as they did their emissary cache and world quests. The only people who didn't have those races unlocked automatically were PvPers who do no PvE content and a handful of super lazy casuals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont mind if they remove it. I mean i got it but who cares, i just did it with daylies anyways. Its the same shit with CM Sets. I did work, it should not be so easy to get it or get it now. Damn greeders

Edit: "I dont mind if they get CM Sets for free too" im the one that says why not^^ Just make it easier for newer players, that means shorter qeue times for us all if more come back

Edited by Rooach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Durf24 said:

That's their own fault, they chose not to play and as such they shouldn't have access to rewards that require exalted reputation of an expansion they didn't play until they do it themselves. Many players have had to grind old reps in the past for rewards those who played at the time got and this is no different.

So someone shouldn't have access to parts of a feature they paid for in the current content because its locked behind outdated content? And yes it is different, all of the old reputations and their rewards were within the context of the expansion associated with them.  Allied Races are a BFA feature not a Legion one, if that was the case I would agree with you. However, with the launch of the expansion I see no reason why those should still be in place since really they were only there to start with because they were pre-order bonuses. In summary I respectfully disagree.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Granis said:

So someone shouldn't have access to parts of a feature they paid for in the current content because its locked behind outdated content? And yes it is different, all of the old reputations and their rewards were within the context of the expansion associated with them.  Allied Races are a BFA feature not a Legion one, if that was the case I would agree with you. However, with the launch of the expansion I see no reason why those should still be in place since really they were only there to start with because they were pre-order bonuses. In summary I respectfully disagree.

It's not outdated yet :)(it's a contend of BfA, not Legion, so it is a bonus for those who still play to be a bit ahead) and even so, other allied races will be avaible  later and after finishing requemens (quest, rep., etc), so not much change + They will surely sooner or later remove achieve(questline) and rep. requemens for those 4 allied races so even new players can get them without problem :) I like the way it is now, as some1 who is still playing (even as a casual, i have Q-line and rep done without problem or some big effort) it's nice to have some contend sooner than others , who just w8 for patch/ex to return :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Perak said:

It's not outdated yet :)(it's a contend of BfA, not Legion, so it is a bonus for those who still play to be a bit ahead) and even so, other allied races will be avaible  later and after finishing requemens (quest, rep., etc), so not much change + They will surely sooner or later remove achieve(questline) and rep. requemens for those 4 allied races so even new players can get them without problem 🙂 I like the way it is now, as some1 who is still playing (even as a casual, i have Q-line and rep done without problem or some big effort) it's nice to have some contend sooner than others , who just w8 for patch/ex to return 🙂

I couldn't agree more, I am a casual myself and still need exalted on highmountain and farondis because i changed characters a lot

I would just double the rep gain from WQ for legion content after BFA is released, this should be enough for new players, it isn't that much of a grind with invasions and the daily chest quest

Maybe they should sell the races for like 5$ after next expansion, it is content you have to unlock and grind like reputation, mounts, tabard, pets etc. You don't HAVE to have them

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I respect Blizzard for that decision.

Those allied race requirement make sense, in my opinion, and i agree, that you should know the races very well, to obtain the right to play them.
(i know, it's easy to say for me, since i played through all of legions run time, and had not to worry about that anyways... but still, i think i wouldnt complain and have a look how to obtain them 🙂 )

This, and the magetower skins becoming unobtainable, even though it will obviously upset some players, shows me, that blizzard values the work put into those things by us.
(In this case, i am faaaar away from having many magetower skins, but i am not mad. i had the chance, and i just got the few for my favorite classes. all good)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Granis said:

So someone shouldn't have access to parts of a feature they paid for in the current content because its locked behind outdated content? And yes it is different, all of the old reputations and their rewards were within the context of the expansion associated with them.  Allied Races are a BFA feature not a Legion one, if that was the case I would agree with you. However, with the launch of the expansion I see no reason why those should still be in place since really they were only there to start with because they were pre-order bonuses. In summary I respectfully disagree.

It's very silly to pull the "well people paid for the game so they are entitled to everything in it without doing anything" argument. Do you also think that mythic raid gear should be mailed out to everyone who plays the game because technically, they do pay for the game so why should they have to join a guild and fight through mythic? This is an MMO. Sometimes you have to put in some effort to get the reward, forking over the initial asking price and the monthly fee doesn't immediately give you everything in the game. That would be a horribly boring game, wouldn't it?

And yeah, you could say that this is BfA content, but it isn't really. The lightforged, highmountain and nightborne were all introduced in Legion and their stories played out over the course of Legion. 

I do hope blizzard stick to their guns on this one and don't break under the pressure. Getting to exalted with these factions really isn't that much to ask and you basically get it automatically by just playing the game. If people really want these allied races so badly that they threaten to quit the game forever if they don't get them then i have to ask why they don't they just get to work and do a couple of WQ's a day and the occasional emissary? 

Edit: Oh and as previously mentioned it's not outdated content yet so people are actually complaining about having to do the content later when it is outdated simply because they don't want to do it now when it is current for whatever reason. If a quarter of the time spent crying on the various forums were spent playing the game everyone would have these races by now.

Edited by Hariwald
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Hariwald said:

It's very silly to pull the "well people paid for the game so they are entitled to everything in it without doing anything" argument. Do you also think that mythic raid gear should be mailed out to everyone who plays the game because technically, they do pay for the game so why should they have to join a guild and fight through mythic? This is an MMO. Sometimes you have to put in some effort to get the reward, forking over the initial asking price and the monthly fee doesn't immediately give you everything in the game. That would be a horribly boring game, wouldn't it?

And yeah, you could say that this is BfA content, but it isn't really. The lightforged, highmountain and nightborne were all introduced in Legion and their stories played out over the course of Legion. 

I do hope blizzard stick to their guns on this one and don't break under the pressure. Getting to exalted with these factions really isn't that much to ask and you basically get it automatically by just playing the game. If people really want these allied races so badly that they threaten to quit the game forever if they don't get them then i have to ask why they don't they just get to work and do a couple of WQ's a day and the occasional emissary? 

Edit: Oh and as previously mentioned it's not outdated content yet so people are actually complaining about having to do the content later when it is outdated simply because they don't want to do it now when it is current for whatever reason. If a quarter of the time spent crying on the various forums were spent playing the game everyone would have these races by now.

Love it and nailed it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And one more thing. Even if Blizz doesnt remove requments, it will be prety much ok.

1. doing quest at 120lvl will be prety fast (even now you can finish them all in one zone in cca 2-3hours depending on zone) so achieve req. is prety sure and fast to have (Nighborne of will take a "bit" more time)

2.there surely will be Legion timewalking dungeons in BfA = buying tokens for rep = easy rep  (Y)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Perak said:

And one more thing. Even if Blizz doesnt remove requments, it will be prety much ok.

1. doing quest at 120lvl will be prety fast (even now you can finish them all in one zone in cca 2-3hours depending on zone) so achieve req. is prety sure and fast to have (Nighborne of will take a "bit" more time)

2.there surely will be Legion timewalking dungeons in BfA = buying tokens for rep = easy rep  (Y)

Legion will have WoD Timewalking 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not an issue for those who have played throughout Legion, like I had those reps done many months ago, but it's different for those who didn't play much or were inactive during this expansion. I can see where those upset are coming from, these races are one of the selling points of expansion. Just like draenei, blood elves, worgen, goblin and pandaren were for their respective expansions, so people were used to idea that buying expansion=instant access to new races, as it used to be.

Doesn't make much sense if they are going to keep them forever, perhaps they will remove these later during BFA or after it's over. Would have been rather clunky design, if returning or new people still had to go grind content that they outlevel from 2 expansions ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Granis said:

So someone shouldn't have access to parts of a feature they paid for in the current content because its locked behind outdated content? And yes it is different, all of the old reputations and their rewards were within the context of the expansion associated with them.  Allied Races are a BFA feature not a Legion one, if that was the case I would agree with you. However, with the launch of the expansion I see no reason why those should still be in place since really they were only there to start with because they were pre-order bonuses. In summary I respectfully disagree.

They had access, just need to grind the reps... it's like complain bcose you need to buy master flayng or something like that...

And, "allied races" may be a BfA thing, but the first 4 races are Legion ones, so, make sense that you need to play thru Legio to get those... if you don't want those, you allways can play the next races, the ones that came with BfA...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Demenzel said:

They had access, just need to grind the reps... it's like complain bcose you need to buy master flayng or something like that...

Different things though, like having or not having flying in Draenor doesn't affect anyone playing current content. Race is a baseline thing, it's who your character is and rather important to bringing back players who stopped playing, just like it was for TBC, Cata or MoP. Then again, they will probably remove requirements eventually.

Also, all of allied races are BFA content, you can't play these 4 without buying BFA. 

Edited by Arcling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, PatrickHenry said:

As opposed to the ones who ground out the rep when it was actually hard, you mean?

I won't dismiss the efforts of players who dedicate their time and energy to not only playing Legion during off peak periods and getting to Exalted with very grindy factions, but having the option unlocked somewhere down the line for new or returning players to offer them something different if they, say for example, buy a Collector's edition or are recruited via friend, or at least introducing a proper scaling system 1-max level, not just 60, so that old content feels somewhat challenging and not old and lethargic doesn't sound unreasonable to me in the long run.  

Edited by Plergoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Arcling said:

Different things though, like having or not having flying in Draenor doesn't affect anyone playing current content. Race is a baseline thing, it's who your character is and rather important to bringing back players who stopped playing, just like it was for TBC, Cata or MoP. Then again, they will probably remove requirements eventually.

Also, all of allied races are BFA content, you can't play these 4 without buying BFA. 

True, but is a requeriment, just like you need to be 120 to do WQ in Zandalar, the 120lvl is a requeriment, the same is to unlock the other races...

Besides, if I pay for BfA AND grind those rep, why should enyone have the same thing wothout the proper effort? That would be unfair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Granis said:

So someone shouldn't have access to parts of a feature they paid for in the current content because its locked behind outdated content? And yes it is different, all of the old reputations and their rewards were within the context of the expansion associated with them.  Allied Races are a BFA feature not a Legion one, if that was the case I would agree with you. However, with the launch of the expansion I see no reason why those should still be in place since really they were only there to start with because they were pre-order bonuses. In summary I respectfully disagree.

You actually have the access to parts of a feature that you paid for.

Paying for a feature = paying for the access to the feature /= paying for immediate possession or entitlement.

Analogously,

Paying for college education (admission) = paying for accessing to the education /= paying for guaranteed summa cum laude.

Edited by Alvanith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Demenzel said:

Besides, if I pay for BfA AND grind those rep, why should enyone have the same thing wothout the proper effort? That would be unfair

Earlier access, that's the point. Just like gear from previous content becomes obsolete eventually, and everyone without effort gets better one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Alvanith said:

You actually have the access to parts of a feature that you paid for.

Paying for a feature = paying for the access to the feature /= paying for immediate possession or entitlement.

Analogously,

Paying for college education (admission) = paying for accessing to the education /= paying for guaranteed summa cum laude.

A college education isn't exactly what I would call a fair comparison, so I cannot agree with your analogy. My issue is that it is a major advertised feature of the current expansion yet you are expected to do an old content grind to access a large portion of it. Unless I'm mistaken no other time has the game required this. Again the whole reason the requirements are there to begin with is because they were "early access" bonuses to pre-ordering the expansion. Had Blizzard not done that I highly doubt the ones we got early access to would have even had any unlock requirements. So I guess we just have to agree to disagree on this subject.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Starym
      Here come today's hotfixes, reminding us of the Feral and Frost buffs coming this reset, as well as a few extra fixes for Reckless Flurry, Siege of Boralus and Way of the Crane.
      December 17 (source)
      Classes
      Note: These changes will be applied with weekly restarts in each region. Druid Feral Damage of all abilities increased by 7% Mage Frost Damage of all abilities increased by 3%  
      Items
      Heart of Azeroth (Fury Warrior) Reverted an unintended reduction to the damage of Reckless Flurry .  
      Dungeons
      Siege of Boralus Viq’Goth Call of the Deep should no longer damage players who are currently mounted in the cannon.
      Player versus Player
      Monk Mistweaver Fixed a bug that caused Way of the Crane to heal for more than intended on a critical strike.  
      Quests
      The Alliance War Campaign quest “The Big Boom ” can now be completed while the world quest “Zem'lan Rescue ” is active. Previous hotfixes.
    • By Stan
      The Feast of Winter Veil has begun and you can work toward the Merrymaker achievement for the Reins of the Violet Proto-Drake mount through January 2.
      2018 Updates to Winter Veil
      At Least You're Being Careful is a new achievement for opening this year's gift. Toy Armor Set (Alliance) & Toy Armor Set (Horde) can be found in the 2018 gift. The Alliance set contains Alliance Toy Cape & Wooden Toy Helm. The Horde set contains Horde Toy Cape & Wooden Toy Helm. Miniature Winter Veil Tree's item level is 335 this year. Blizzard also updated the Stag & Sleigh models in Battle for Azeroth. Check out our Winter Veil guide to learn more about the event!
      Stag & Sleigh Model Updates

    • By Stan
      Celestalon clarified in a series of tweets how the secret The Hivemind mount works.
      The multi-person capability is a special perk for the Hivemind group (the 5 people you last completed it with) and the final ritual is what establishes the link. Each player in a said group increases the mount's speed by 10% (Joined Hivemind). If you completed the final puzzle with a random group, you will need to complete it again with a different group for the speed bonus.
      Placeholder for tweet 1074489992548765696 Placeholder for tweet 1074492861976965120 Placeholder for tweet 1074543686430543872 Placeholder for tweet 1074493194040049664 Check out the guide over at Warcraft Secrets if you still haven't obtained the mount.
    • By Starym
      Well, that didn't take long! It seems you can't keep the WoW secret finders in the dark for too long, as they've already broken through and managed to obtain the mount! Warcraft Secrets and the secrets discord were hard at work the past few days and today finally bore fruit as they pushed through all the colored crystal monocles and found their way to the Court of Stars.

      From there it's a whole lot of petting kittens and purring, followed by phase-shifting platforms to navigate, and then the goal itself:

      While the very end of the guide hasn't been updated yet, it will be very soon so head on over to Warcraft Secrets and check out the full guide, and you might be riding this crazy thing soon as well.
      And, of course, congratulations to everyone that helped out in the endeavor, it was an amazing performance by all involved!
    • By Starym
      New hotfixes and this time around there's a whooole lot of dungeon changes to non-boss enemies as well as a tragic modification to Fetid Devourer's classic walk. M+ affixes were also tuned, with a Grievous nerf and a Bursting buff. The Elixir of Tongues has also made an appearance, allowing you to understand the opposing faction, and you can buy it from Lizzi Liverzapper. There's also Island Expedition fixes and a few PvP changes as well.
      December 14 (source)
      Classes
      Hunter Marksmanship Double Tap will no longer be immediately consumed for no benefit if it is activated while channeling Rapid Fire . Dungeons and Raids
      Grievous should no longer stack to 2 on the first periodic. Increasing damage of Bursting to 7% per tick (was 5%). Atal’Dazar Removed Infested from several stationary enemies in the instance. Kings’ Rest Adjusted spawns of Teeming in the instance immediately before and after the Golden Serpent. Animated Guardian’s Released Inhibitors only increases Melee haste. Lowered duration of King A’akul’s Hidden Blade to 4 seconds (was 8 seconds. Lowered Embalming Fluid DoT duration to 6 seconds (was 10 seconds). Lowered Golden Serpent’s Animated Gold health by 75%. Lowered Guard Captain Atu’s Axe Barrage to 6 seconds (was 10 seconds). Queen Patlaa’s Dark Shot changed. It now takes 1.5 seconds to land. Reduced Spectral Berserker Severing Blade damage by 25%. Seneschal M’bara is now level 120 and is susceptible to crowd control. Spectral Berserker is now level 120 and is susceptible to crowd control. Motherlode Adjusted spawns of Teeming in the instance. Reduced Venture Co. Mastermind Leech Globule healing by 50% Increased Feckless Assistant Transfiguration Serum recast to 20 seconds (was 10 seconds). Reduced Weapon Testers Echo Blade damage by 50%. Reduced damage of Venture Co. Earthshaper’s Rock Lance by 25%. Reduced Recast of Earthshaper’s Earth Shield to 20 seconds (was 10 seconds). Wanton Sapper casts Final Blast at 10% health (was at 20%). Sethrallis Increased recast of Healing Wave cast by Charged Dust Devil to 16 seconds (was 10 seconds). Reduced duration of Sandswept Marksman Neurotoxin to 4 seconds (was 8 seconds). Faithless Tender’s Greater Heal is now single target. Reduced melee damage of Faithless Conscript by 70%. Increased respawn of Faithless Conscripts to 50 seconds (was 60 seconds). Shrine of the Storm Lowered damage of Temple Attendant’s Wash Away by 25%. Wash Away no longer hits pets and guardians. Runecarver Sorn’s Carve Flesh initial damage reduced by 75%, but is now increased by 70% per tick. Increased recast on Drowned Depthbringer’s Rip Mind to 16 seconds (was 8 seconds). Removed Infested from the Living Current before Aqu’sirr. Siege of Boralus Reduced damage of Blacktar Bomber’s Burning Tar initial damage by 50% and Fire Bomb by 25%. Adjusted spawns of Teeming and Infested in the instance. Increased cast time of Ashvane Commander’s Bolstering Shout to 5 seconds (was 3 seconds). Reduced Hadal Darkfathom’s Break Water unavoidable damage by 25%. Reduced range on Bilge Rat Demolisher Terrifying Roar to 10 yards (was 30 yards), and added a precast visual. Tol Dagor The Sand Queen’s Buzzing Drone no longer melees, but casts Itchy Bite much more frequently. Ashvane Marine’s Suppression Fire initial damage removed, but periodic damage immediately deals damage. Overseer Korgus Incendariy Rounds no longer stacks. Heavy Cannon’s Cannon Blast damage should now scale with the Keystone Level of the dungeon. The Underrot Increased recast on Devout Blood Priest abilities. Reduced Fanatical Headhunter Barbed Spear duration to 4 seconds (was 8 seconds). Reduced duration of Warcry to 8 seconds (was 30 seconds). Elder Leaxa will now only spawn one Blood Mirror clone. Waycrest Manor Deathtouched Slaver is now susceptible to Stun. Maddened Survivalist Freezing Trap is now Magic. Uldir Fixed a bug with the way Fetid Devourer uses his walk. No time to talk. Island Expeditions
      Resolved an issue in Jorundall that could cause the Southsea Pirate invasion to spawn a pirate ship in Fatigue waters. Items
      Players are now able to purchase Elixir of Tongues from Lizzi Liverzapper. Using and applying the potion will allow players to be able to understand the opposite faction. Captain's Signet of Command is now item level 395 (was 380) to match its Horde counterpart. Scouting Maps should again show up on the Honorbound and 7th Legion vendors and display the Pathfinder requirement to buy it if you do not have that achievement yet. Fixed an issue where Cloak of the Restless Tribes was not scaling properly after exiting a Timewalking dungeon. Player versus Player
      Monk Wind Waker will put a spell visual on the Monk when an ally triggers it. Paladin Ultimate Retribution will now cancel when Divine Shield or Blessing of Protection is applied. World Quests
      It is now raining additional mana for the Nazmir Assault World Quests "It's Raining Mana " and "Untapped Potential ". Previous hotfixes.