FORUMS
Stan

Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes: Oct 16 & Mal'Ganis Build Guide

P4A5XI3QV3TN1538501633587.jpg

The latest Heroes of the Storm content patch is now live with Mal'Ganis, disabled Haunted Mines, and changes to certain Support abilities to only work on Heroes.

Patch Highlights

• Mal'Ganis is now live and you can check out our build guide here. The Hero is also available in the talent calculator.
  • The game no longer supports DirectX9 and the 32-bit version of the client.
  • Haunted Mines have been removed from all gameplay modes.
  • Ana's Healing DartHealing Dart now pierces targets at full Health.
  • Multiple Support abilities have been reworked to only work on Heroes.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

General

• Heroes of the Storm no longer supports DirectX 9 and the 32-bit version of the client.

Battlegrounds

Unranked Battleground Rotation:

• The Battleground Rotation for all Unranked modes has been adjusted to the following:
    • Alterac Pass
    • Battlefield of Eternity
    • Blackheart's Bay
    • Braxis Holdout
    • Cursed Hollow
    • Dragon Shire
    • Garden of Terror
    • Hanamura Temple
    • Infernal Shrines
    • Sky Temple
    • Tomb of the Spider Queen
    • Towers of Doom
    • Volskaya Foundry
    • Warhead Junction
    • Haunted Mines: Haunted Mines has been removed from all gameplay modes. It will still be available to be played in Custom Games.
    • Mercenaries: Sappers can no longer have their charge attack interrupted by a Silence effect. Silencing Sappers will still prevent them from starting to channel this ability

New Hero: Mal'Ganis (Warrior)

Cunning and intelligent, Mal'Ganis was chosen to bring Arthas Menthil into the Lich King's service. After manipulating the prince into purging Stratholme of life, he finally fell to Frostmourne as Arthas's first act as the Lich King's champion... yet a demon does not die so easily.

Trait

• Vampiric TouchVampiric Touch
      • Mal'Ganis heals for 45% of damage dealt to enemy Heroes and 15% of damage dealt to non-Heroes.

Basic Abilities

• Fel ClawsFel Claws (Q)
      • Violently slash in the chosen direction, dealing 78 damage to enemies.
      • Reactivate to slash up to 2 more times. The third slash Stuns enemies for 0.75 seconds.
    • Necrotic EmbraceNecrotic Embrace (W)
      • Desecrate the air, dealing 119 damage to nearby enemies and gaining 25 Armor for 3 seconds.
    • Night RushNight Rush (E)
      • After 0.75 seconds, gain 50% Movement Speed for 2 seconds. While active, Mal'Ganis can move through enemy Heroes and put them to Sleep for 2.5 seconds.

Heroic Abilities

• Carrion SwarmCarrion Swarm (R)
      • After 1 second, disperse into an Invulnerable swarm of bats for 3 seconds, dealing 74 damage per second to enemies.
      • Vampiric Touch heals for 100% of Carrion Swarm's damage to Heroes.
    • Dark ConversionDark Conversion (R)
      • Channel on an enemy Hero for 0.75 seconds, then swap Health percentages with the target over 3 seconds.

Design

Support Heroes

• We've unified certain Support abilities to only work on Heroes (not minions or Mercenaries):

Alexstrasza

• Gift of LifeGift of Life (Q)
    • Breath of LifeBreath of Life (Q-Dragon Form)

Brightwing

• Pixie DustPixie Dust (E)
    Li Li
    • Healing BrewHealing Brew (Q)

Rehgar

• Healing TotemHealing Totem (Active - Level 4)
    • Earth ShieldEarth Shield (W - Level 13)

Tyrande

• Light of EluneLight of Elune (Q)

Uther

• Holy LightHoly Light (Q)
    Developer Comment: We're unifying the vast majority of our heals for their intended purpose: healing allied Heroes.  We're maintaining the ability for a few heals to affected Minions still where we think it's an important part of their gameplay: Lt. Morales Healing BeamHealing Beam (so that she can heal herself), Rehgar's Chain HealChain Heal (to allow bounces travel across Minions), Tyrael's RighteousnessRighteousness (because shielding Minion waves is part of the lane interaction with the ability), and Uther's Holy RadianceHoly Radiance (to unify expectations, since it can damage Minions).

Heroes

Support

Ana

Divider_Hero_Ana.png

Abilities

• Healing DartHealing Dart (Q)
      • Healing Dart will now pierce targets at full Health.

Collection

New Bundles

• The following new bundles are available for a limited time!
      • Mal'Ganis Heroic Bundle
      • Death & Undeath Bundle
      • Meat Wagon Bundle

New Announcer

• Mal'Ganis

New Mount

• Meat Wagon
      • Northrend Meat Wagon
      • Blackrock Meat Wagon
      • Deathguard Meat Wagon

New Skins

• Mal'Ganis
      • Dreadmachine Mal'Ganis
      • Neocarbon Dreadmachine Mal'Ganis
      • Master Deadmachine Mal'Ganis
      • Infernal Mal'Ganis
      • Northrend Mal'Ganis

New Portraits, Sprays, and Emojis

• Several new emoji packs and portraits have also been added to the game. 

Bug Fixes

General

• AI Heroes: Fixed multiple cases of AI-controlled Heroes incorrectly using their abilities.
    • Spell Power: Fixed an issue where Spell Power would no longer affect a Hero’s abilities after they died. (For example: Jaina’s Blizzard will now continue to deal bonus damage if she received increased Spell Power but died before the second and third waves.)
    • Statis/Time Stop: Fixed an issue where player created terrain could move Heroes affected by Stasis or Time Stop.

Battlegrounds

• Garden of Terror: Fixed an issue where all three Garden Terrors could spawn in a single lane.
    • Minions/Mercenaries: Fixed an issue where Heroes could block the movement of Catapults, preventing them from passing through intact gates.

User Interface

• Fixed an issue where a space would appear before the player’s name in a Whisper.

Heroes, Abilities, and Talents

• Ana: Fixed an issue where Ana’s ShrikeShrike healing was not accurately reflecting her damage done (via Spell Power or her target’s Armor).
    • Chromie: Fixed an issue where Temporal LoopTemporal Loop’s return location would appear incorrect if a movement ability was used by the target.
    • Diablo: Fixed an issue where Diablo would not be displaced by knockback and similar effects while casting OverpowerOverpower.
    • Gall: Fixed an issue where not all cases of Damage Reduction would work on Gall.
    • Gul’dan: Fixed an issue where Darkness WithinDarkness Within’s bonus Spell Power would not increase the healing of Drain LifeDrain Life.
    • Kharazim: Can now Radiant DashRadiant Dash to all allied units, including Mercenaries, Creep Tumors, and Toxic Nests.
    • Li-Ming: Fixed an issue where Tal Rasha's ElementsTal Rasha's Elements would grant bonus damage to CalamityCalamity after being twice in a row.
    • Murky: Egg HuntEgg Hunt’s Slime no longer benefits from Slime talents.
    • Sylvanas: Targets of Mind ControlMind Control will now clear their move orders when affected by the ability.
    • Uther: Fixed an issue where Holy FireHoly Fire’s damage was affected by Spell Power.

Actually, this patch introduces some meaningful changes.

Ana's Healing DartHealing Dart being able to pierce through, if the initial target is full HP is huge I think, at least at my silver / gold level, where everybody could use some better positioning. But on the other hand at HGC level as well I guess.

Map going up / down is also always quite a piece of news IMO, especially one that has already been reworked once. [BTW, I joined HOTS after the rework, could somebody please explain it to me how the map was initially?]. I mean, HM did have its flaws, such as IGNORING THE OBJECTIVE (sic!) and going for camps and pushing. It was super effective on my level if the enemy team was not aware of it. I guess removing the sapper camps could improve it; adding a third lane would achieve similar effect as well.

I am kinda hyped for Mal'ganis, he might be the first hero I'm going to buy at release date. His kit seems really fun to play.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Minions/Mercenaries: Fixed an issue where Heroes could block the movement of Catapults, preventing them from passing through intact gates.

There was this flick from one of the WTF videos where TLV blocked the whole gate, releasing approx. 10 catas at once, getting the opponent busy at the same time. That was kinda fun, the core went down in a matter of seconds 😄

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VegaPl said:

Map going up / down is also always quite a piece of news IMO, especially one that has already been reworked once. [BTW, I joined HOTS after the rework, could somebody please explain it to me how the map was initially?]. I mean, HM did have its flaws, such as IGNORING THE OBJECTIVE (sic!) and going for camps and pushing.

The original haunted mines biggest issue was that the "boss" stayed in one single lane, and spawned where he died at. So you would really only push down one lane of the map to their core. It was much more of a siege race than anything. 

39 minutes ago, VegaPl said:

I mean, HM did have its flaws, such as IGNORING THE OBJECTIVE (sic!) and going for camps and pushing.

I could totally relate. My most ridiculous QM experience was on this map. We finished 58-17 but still almost lost. Because our team was Ming+Alarak+Valeera+Valla & Abby, and the enemy team was Xul+Naz+Sylv+Chromie & Medivh. All they did was what you said above, and all we could do was all-in gank and hurry back to save the other lane (xd). We only managed to win because we wiped their team before they were able to rush our core down. If they had a Zag or Az instead of Chromie we might end up with a bigger deficit but still lose.

• Like 1

Guess that rework of Haunted Mines wasn't enough. It still felt snowbally at times, especially with Sylvanas when objective could have been mostly ignored.

After ~6 years of following LoL and now ~1.5 years of following HotS, I've found the best MOBA patch note I have ever or will ever read: "Haunted Mines has been removed from all gameplay modes."

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, clepsydriska said:

After ~6 years of following LoL and now ~1.5 years of following HotS, I've found the best MOBA patch note I have ever or will ever read: "Haunted Mines has been removed from all gameplay modes."

That will only be true once Braxis Holdout is gone. Worst map ever designed. Haunted mines was far more fun. Hell, even the new Hanumura is more fun with the design changes. Braxis is literally one of the worst (I lied its thee worst )one sided map where you can almost never make a good turn around (majority of my experiences anyway). Im sick of seeing it in the damn rotation all the time.

Haunted Mines getting some fine tuning is well overdue. When the best play is to ignore the objective and go get camps instead to push lanes something has gone horribly wrong. Fortunately this also seems like an easy problem to fix: make the monsters in the mine give experience, a lot of it so that it is more worth your time to go into the mines. The biggest problem in that map is that you lose out on XP in lanes when you go into the mines so if the monsters in the mine gave more XP than laning would people would actually do the objective and fight over it

16 hours ago, VinsX said:

I could totally relate. My most ridiculous QM experience was on this map. We finished 58-17 but still almost lost. Because our team was Ming+Alarak+Valeera+Valla & Abby, and the enemy team was Xul+Naz+Sylv+Chromie & Medivh. All they did was what you said above, and all we could do was all-in gank and hurry back to save the other lane (xd). We only managed to win because we wiped their team before they were able to rush our core down. If they had a Zag or Az instead of Chromie we might end up with a bigger deficit but still lose.

I can recall an almost identical game, except I was on the pushing team and we won. But honestly, we were totally STOMPED in terms of teamfights. This game was so strange, just like you described. It is generally counter-intuitive that you can win a game if for every kill you die around 5 times 😛

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2018 at 4:18 PM, Stan said:
    • Haunted Mines have been removed from all gameplay modes.
    •  

What the heeeeeeeeck??????? O_O WHY!!!¿

On 10/16/2018 at 6:45 PM, shanghaied said:

That Ana change is simply huge and long overdue.  I wouldn't be surprised if it bumps her up in the meta a bit.

Looks funner and far less frustrating.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
    Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
        Maditdrakes created an awesome video of how Mei should have been introduced to the Nexus...well, sort of! The video is a shorter recreation of the Diablo IV announcement cinematic trailer that we saw back at BlizzCon 2019.
        In the video, we see Mal'Ganis, Kharazim, and Mei in the role of Lilith.
      • By Stan
        Blizzard today released a new patch for Heroes of the Storm. The Climate Phenomena Nexus Anomaly has been disabled, and there are plenty of balance changes for multiple Heroes. Check out the official patch notes for more information.
        (Source)
        Heroes of the Storm has just been updated with Hero balance changes! Read on for details.
        Quick Navigation:
        General Heroes Bug Fixes General
        Nexus Anomaly - Climate Phenomena The Climate Phenomena Anomaly has been disabled. Return to Top
        Heroes
        TANK BRUISER HEALER MELEE RANGED Blaze Xul Kharazim Maiev Cassia Cho Yrel Lt. Morales   Gall Diablo   Rehgar   Greymane E.T.C.       Mephisto Garrosh       Tassadar Johanna       Tychus Mal'Ganis         Mei         Muradin         Stitches         Return to Top
        Tank
        Blaze
        Talents
        Level 1 Adrenaline Stimpack [Active] Additional functionality: While Blaze has over 80% Health, gain 25% bonus Attack Speed and 10% bonus Movement Speed. Endurance Stimpack [Passive] Cooldown reduced from 40 to 30 seconds. Adjusted functionality: When damaged while below 30% maximum Health, Endurance Stimpack will automatically cast if it is not on cooldown. Neural Stimpack [Active] Mana restoration increased from 30 to 40. Level 4 Incinerator Gauntlets [Passive] Moved from Level 7. No longer causes Basic Attacks to light Oil Spills. Meltdown [Trait] Damage reduction increased from 7% to 8% per stack. Level 7 Adhesive Petroleum [W] Moved from Level 4. Slow amount increased from 30% to 35%. Slow duration increased from 2.5 to 3 seconds. Additional functionality: Now also causes Basic Attacks to light Oil Spills. Return to Top
        Cho
        Talents
        Level 1 The Will of Cho [Trait] Moved from Level 20. New functionality: Killing enemy Minions grants 1 stack of The Will of Cho, and Hero Takedowns grant 10 stacks. Gain 1 Armor for every 30 stacks of the Will of Cho, up to a maximum of 10 Armor. This Armor bonus stacks with Ogre Hide. Level 4 Uppercut [Q] Damage reduced from 7% to 5% maximum Health. Additional functionality: Each Hero hit by Surging Fist reduces its cooldown by 5 seconds. Seared Flesh [Passive] Adjusted functionality: Attack damage bonus is kept when attacking different Heroic targets, and is only lost after 5 seconds or when a non-Heroic enemy is attacked. Level 7 Power Surge [Q] New functionality: Enemy Heroes who are hit by Surging Fist are Slowed by 30% for 2.5 seconds. Gain 15% Movement Speed while charging Surging Fist and for 2.5 seconds after casting the Ability. Level 16 Runed Gauntlet [Passive] Cooldown reduction increased from 5% to 6%. Level 20 Fuel for the Flame [Passive] Moved from Level 1. New functionality: Basic Attacks against enemies cause them to explode, dealing 21 damage to them and 45 damage to nearby enemies. This damage is doubled against enemy Heroes. Return to Top
        Diablo
        Base
        Shadow Charge [Q] Cooldown reduced from 13 to 12 seconds. Mana cost reduced from 70 to 65. Overpower [E] Cooldown reduced from 13 to 12 seconds. Mana cost reduced from 40 to 35. Talents
        Level 4 Life Leech [Passive] Healing increased from 1.5% to 2% maximum Health when not at full Souls. Healing increased from 3% to 4% maximum Health when at full Souls. Level 13 Hellfire [W] Damage per second to nearby enemies increased from 15 to 17. Return to Top
        E.T.C.
        Base
        Face Melt [W] Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 seconds. Mana cost increased from 50 to 55. Return to Top
        Garrosh
        Base
        Bloodthirst [W] Ability Effects now occur at the start of the Ability’s cast, rather than at the end. Talents
        Level 1 Body Check [Active] Cooldown reduced from 16 to 15 seconds. Slow duration increased from 2 to 3 seconds. Level 16 Mortal Combo has been reclassified as an [E] talent. Rough Landing [Q] Removed. New Talent: Seasoned Soldier [Passive] Gain 5% maximum Health, increase Groundbreaker’s Slow duration by 1 second, and Bloodthirst gains an additional charge. Level 20 Death Wish [R1] Additional functionality: Increase the duration of Warlord’s Challenge by .5 seconds. Deadly Calm [R2] Damage reduction increased from 25% to 40%. Inner Rage [Active] No longer causes the cooldown of Body Check to recharge faster. Additional functionality: Increase the healing reduction of Body Check by an additional 45%. Return to Top
        Johanna
        Base
        Iron Skin [Trait] Cooldown increased from 20 to 25 seconds. Talents
        Level 20 Radiating Faith [R2] Blessed Shield Stun duration against all targets reduced from 2 seconds to 1.75 seconds. Return to Top
        Mal'Ganis
        Talents
        Level 4 Echo of Doom [W] Damage increased from 54 to 60. Level 10 Dark Conversion Cooldown reduced from 80 to 60 seconds. Mana cost reduced from 70 to 60. Level 13 The Night Beckons [E] Slow duration increased from 2.5 to 3 seconds. Return to Top
        Mei
        Talents
        Level 1 Heavy Pack [Q] Cooldown reduction increased from .125 to .25 seconds. Level 4 Crystallize [Trait] Cooldown reduction reduced from 15 to 10 seconds. Duration of Spell Armor after Cryo-Freeze ends reduced from 2 to 1 second. Level 10 Avalanche [R1] Cooldown increased from 65 to 70 seconds. Ice Wall [R2] Cooldown reduced from 90 to 70 seconds. Level 20 Cascade [R1] Cooldown reduction increased from 25 to 30 seconds. Return to Top
        Muradin
        Base
        Thunder Clap [W] Movement and Attack Speed Slows increased from 25% to 30%. Return to Top
        Stitches
        Base
        Health reduced from 3150 to 3060. Health regeneration reduced from 6.56 to 6.38. Hook [Q] Range increased from 11 to 12. Slam [W] Mana cost reduced from 40 to 35. Additional functionality: Deals 50% bonus damage to Minions and Mercenaries. Talents
        Level 13 Fishing Hook [Q] Bonus range reduced from 50% to 40%. Return to Top
        Bruiser
        Xul
        Base
        Spectral Scythe [Q] Damage reduced from 200 to 190. Raise Skeleton [Trait] Damage done when Skeletal Warriors die reduced from 46 to 40. Talents
        Level 4 Jailors [Trait] Movement and Attack Speed bonuses reduced from 30% to 25%. Level 16 Weaken [W] Damage reduction reduced from 40% to 35%. Return to Top
        Yrel
        Talents
        Level 1 Light of Karabor [Q] Healing bonus when hitting one enemy Hero increased from 40% to 45%. Healing bonus when hitting more than one enemy Hero increased from 80% to 90%. Dauntless [Passive] Physical Armor reduced from 50 to 40. Maraad's Insight [Passive] Healing increased from 128 to 135. Return to Top
        Healer
        Kharazim
        Base
        Breath of Heaven [W] Healing increased from 276 to 285. Return to Top
        Lt. Morales
        Base
        Safeguard [W] Armor amount increased from 30 to 35. Return to Top
        Rehgar
        Talents
        Level 10 Bloodlust [R2] Duration reduced from 8 to 6 seconds. Healing from Basic Attacks reduced from 40% to 30%. Return to Top
        Melee Assassin
        Maiev
        Talents
        Level 1 Pursuit of Vengeance [W] Additional functionality: Each Hero hit by Spirit of Vengeance reduces the cooldown of Umbral Bind by 1 second. Level 7 Bonds of Corruption [W] Additional functionality: Enemy Heroes pulled by Umbral Bind have their Movement Speed reduced by 20% for 4 seconds. Level 10 Containment Disc [R1] Cooldown reduced from 50 to 40 seconds. Mana cost reduced from 60 to 50. Level 16 Vengeful Knives [Q] New functionality: Dealing damage to enemy Heroes causes the next cast of Fan of Knives that hits enemy Heroes to deal 1% maximum Health as bonus damage, up to 5%. Return to Top
        Ranged Assassin
        Cassia
        Base
        Basic Attack damage reduced from 130 to 125 Health reduced from 1700 to 1660 Health Regeneration reduced from 3.54 to 3.46. Talents
        Level 1 Charged Strikes [Passive] Bonus Attack Speed reduced from 20% to 15%. Bonus Basic Attack damage reduced from 20% to 15%. Level 4 Plate of the Whale [Trait] Bonus Health Regeneration reduced from 7 to 6. Bonus Health Regeneration when fully charged reduced from 14 to 12. Level 7 Surge of Light [Trait] Damage reduced from 300 to 285. Return to Top
        Gall
        Talents
        Level 4 Double Back [W] Removed. Rising Dread [W] Moved from Level 13. Additional functionality: Re-activate Dread Orb to reverse the third bounce. Level 13 Psychotic Break [Passive] Moved from Level 20. Additional functionality: Increase Gall’s damage to enemy Heroes by 10%. Level 20 New Talent: Twilight Frenzy [Active] Activate to reduce the cooldown of Shadowflame and Dread Orb to 2 seconds for the next 6 seconds. 30 seconds Cooldown. Return to Top
        Greymane
        Talents
        Level 10 Cursed Bullet [R2] Damage reduced from 40% to 35% maximum Health. Return to Top
        Mephisto
        Base
        Lightning Nova [W] Damage reduced from 45 to 43. Talents
        Level 1 Furious Spark [W] Damage reduced from 72 to 65. Level 13 Abhorred Skull [Q] Spell Power bonus increased from 20% to 25%. Return to Top
        Tassadar
        Talents
        Level 7 Beam Alignment [Q] No longer increases Tassadar’s Basic Attack range. Additional functionality: Reduce the Mana cost of Shock Ray from 55 to 45. Arc Discharge [Passive] Additional functionality: While Resonance Beam is fully charged, increase Tassadar’s Basic Attack range by 1. Level 10 Archon [R1] Shield amount reduced from 40% to 30% maximum Health. Return to Top
        Tychus
        Talents
        Various talents have been reordered to follow normal convention [Q, W, E, etc.] Level 7 Relentless Soldier [Passive] Armor amount increased from 25 to 30. Level 13 Spray 'n' Pray [Q] Additional functionality: Overkill also Slows enemy Movement Speed by 25%. Neosteel Coating [Active] Duration increased from 3 to 4 seconds. Level 16 Lead Rain [Q] Removed. Sizzlin' Attacks [Passive] Moved from Level 20. Armor Piercing Rounds [Q] New functionality: Each time Overkill hits an enemy, its damage against them is increased by 15%, stacking up to 60% bonus damage. Titan Grenade [W] Additional functionality: Each enemy Hero hit by Frag Grenade reduces its cooldown by 1 second. Level 20 New talent: Can Do This All Day [Q] Reduce Overkill’s cooldown by 4 seconds. While Channeling Overkill, Tychus gains 40 Armor. Return to Top
        Bug Fixes
        Heroes
        Ana Fixed an issue where Ana could get quest progress with Vampiric Rounds through Blinds and Evasion. Artanis Fixed an issue where Phase Prism had an incorrect Mana cost when cast during Blade Dash. E.T.C. Fixed an issue where Guitar Hero's cooldown effect was active without the talent needing to be taken. Tassadar Fixed an issue where Oracle did not reveal Creep Tumors. Whitemane Fixed an issue where Saintly Greatstaff worked on non-Heroic targets. A new balance patch has just hit the Nexus, check out the official patch notes for more details!
      • By Stan
        The Climate Phenomena Nexus Anomaly has proven to be disruptive to the normal flow of the game and caused FPS drops, so Blizzard removed it from the game.
        The current plan is to have one more Nexus Anomaly in 2020 and going forward, anomalies won't be pursued at a set cadence.
        (Source)
        Hello fellow Heroes!
        After reading through your feedback and deliberating amongst ourselves, we have decided to remove the Climate Phenomena anomaly from the Nexus. While this was not an easy decision to make, we feel it is the right thing to do for the game. We also wanted to take this time to more clearly define the purpose of our Nexus Anomalies, and our plans for them going forward.
        Nexus Anomalies were intended to serve two functions:
        We wanted to distribute our annual gameplay updates throughout the year, giving us the freedom to try exploratory changes that we weren’t committed to if they ended up not working out. Previously, we introduced all our gameplay updates each year around BlizzCon. These updates were usually fairly impactful, and many players had trouble adjusting to the large amount of sudden change. We wanted Heroes to have an exciting, fun change for players to look forward to every season. As far as what exactly each Anomaly would entail, we did not have too many set rules, largely to ensure that we had the creative freedom to try bold ideas. So far, we believe our Anomalies have largely been successful, particularly after we had some time to iterate on them.
        With Climate Phenomena, we wanted to play with two ideas. The first was introducing a new Hero to the Nexus with an accompanying theme, and the second was the prospect of changing game states throughout a match, with a minor impact on gameplay. Unfortunately, we’ve found that these changes were too disruptive to the normal flow of the game, and they didn’t add enough fun factor to account for how much they impacted the player experience. Some players also reported frame-per-second (FPS) issues due to the Anomaly, which we found to be unacceptable.
        Moving forward, we intend to finish the year with one more Anomaly, released alongside the final season of 2020. After that, we have decided that we will not be pursuing Anomalies at a set cadence like we did this year. We still plan on regular gameplay updates, and will continue to experiment with ways to make Heroes a better game, so you can count on that still happening. In the future, we want to take a bit more time and release updates only when we feel they are in a more polished state, and we want to give the members of the Development Team the freedom to explore certain longstanding issues that we think are important to the community. For example, we’re considering large updates to maps that we feel could use some design improvements.
        As always, thank you for taking the time to read through our thoughts, and for the years playing this game, which we love so much, alongside us. We’ll see you… in the Nexus!
      • By Stan
        The Heroes team will be hosting their next AMA and answer your questions on Thursday, July 16. Feel free to submit your questions here in the meantime. We will be back with a recap as usual.
        (Source)
        Greetings, Heroes!
        We’re going to host our next AMA on Thursday, July 16, 2020, PDT.
        The following Heroes developers will join the thread and answer your questions starting around 10:00 a.m. PDT (7:00 p.m. CET) until 12:00 p.m. PDT (9:00 p.m. CET).
        Adam Z. Jackson (/u/BlizzAZJackson) Andrew Kinabrew (/u/Blizz_KinaBREW) Brett Crawford (/u/Blizz_Daybringer) David P Warner (/u/Blizz_DWarner) Dorothy Sheng (/u/BlizzDorothy) Joshua Kofalt – (/u/BlizzKofalt) Kaeo Milker (/u/KaeoMilker) Kevin Gu (/u/BlizzKGu) Kyle Dates (/u/BlizzKyle) Sergey Morozov (/u/Blizz_SMorozov) Taylor Hankins (/u/Blizz_Hankins) When posting multiple AMA questions: Please make an effort to post one question per comment. This will make it easier for others to read through the thread, and will help the developers focus on one question at a time. However, please feel free to comment as many times as you'd like in order to get your questions posted.
        You can start posting your questions right now, and we'll see you on Thursday!
      • By positiv2
        This thread is for comments about our Tier List.