FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Rextroy Solos Taloc Normal

egyjSTp.jpg

Rextroy decided to lower the number of Protection Paladins facing Taloc by 19 (and accordingly reduce the difficulty), getting the solo World First on the boss. As usual, he employed a trick/cheese, this time involving simultaneously getting the boss to berserk and phase transition, making the final 35% possible/trivial. He also reported the method he used and tried to re-do the kill to see if a hotfix was implemented, and even though he's not 100% sure, he couldn't quite get it done again, so he went ahead and posted the video.

Since we're on the topic, you can check out our interview with him before his ban was overturned where he goes into detail about what constitutes an exploit vs. creative use of game mechanics, as well as the original ban post where there's a lot of discussion by the community on the issue.

When the Taloc training dummy meme goes full circle. The hardest part was (obviously) the first 12 minute of the fight to last until his Berserk. But also bringing enough DPS to get him to 35% HP before berserk kicks in

Why is he just standing there?
So the strat for this cheesy solo is that you bring the boss a bit above 7973k HP (about 36%) just before Berserk. This causes him to start the transition into p2… However if he goes Berserk during the ”transition” moment he will stop the transition and start attacking you!...

Unless you time is so well that you get him into berserk the moment he lies down on the ground when he goes into ”standby”… This causes him both to interrupt the transition to phase 2, but also he will be unable to continue meele hitting. Since gameplay wise, he is suppose to stop attacking until the end of the lift phase. But since he is never able to go into p2, he is stuck in this helpless mode.

It has to be timed really well however, since he will quickly get the buff ”Powered Down” and that marks the beginning of p2. Even if he is in Berserk, he is harmless. Since his abilities on normal aren’t scaling with it, only his meele attacks and Retrieve Crudgel! So he ends up just standing there and not doing much... An easy prey!

Interesting parts:
Berserk 8:00
Kill 12:25

Btw for anyone wondering, I have started streaming recently... So feel free to check it out ? https://www.twitch.tv/rextroy

As usual, I had this bug reported before uploading! If it been fixed or not... I tried a few times to time the berserk but he kept hitting me, so assumed it been fixed (or I had a really lucky timing when I recorded this...) Either way it shouldn't be an issue on Mythic since he got both Enlarged Heart and Hardened Arteries that he (assumedly) keeps using during berserk and "p2", which would most likely one shot the whole raid.

2 hours ago, Steveson said:

Our guild prot pally: "I don't have enough survivability to tank that boss"
Me: ( *shows that video to him* )

Its the same case with protection warriors complaining, that they have problems to tank this boss.... i mean its the easiest boss... im allways happy when i can do this boss, its more like you can bake a cake while tanking it.

6 minutes ago, Baharok said:

Its the same case with protection warriors complaining, that they have problems to tank this boss.... i mean its the easiest boss... im allways happy when i can do this boss, its more like you can bake a cake while tanking it.

Its normal difficulty, probably a fury or arms warrior could tank this boss :-D. But to be said: To solo this boss you need selfhealing as tank. Probably DK and DH could do this as well. But even then, it has to be properly executed, gz to Rextroy ?

1 hour ago, Allseye said:

Its normal difficulty, probably a fury or arms warrior could tank this boss :-D. But to be said: To solo this boss you need selfhealing as tank. Probably DK and DH could do this as well. But even then, it has to be properly executed, gz to Rextroy ?

Only if they have like 500% leech as fury or 100% parryuptime.... this wont be the case without any kind of third party program / hack. And i didnt mentioned nhc or hc or mythic, because you wont have big issues at this boss with prot warrior.

2 hours ago, Baharok said:

Only if they have like 500% leech as fury or 100% parryuptime.... this wont be the case without any kind of third party program / hack. And i didnt mentioned nhc or hc or mythic, because you wont have big issues at this boss with prot warrior.

I meant it should be possible to tank this boss in normal difficulty as Fury or Arms with healers in your back, not to do it solo ? . I can't tell about mythic difficulty, but i do agree, it's not a big deal to tank it as prot warrior on normal and heroic. And while many guilds have 2/8 mythic without 8/8 heroic, it should't be a thing an mythic as well.

why is this guy not banned yet? he does not work for blizzard, therefore he has absolutely no right to go through the game purposefully looking for exploits. exploiting the game is exploiting the game. period. any one of us would be perma-banned immediately if we did stuff like this. it doesnt matter if he is reporting the exploit; he is still taking advantage of the exploit and using the exploit for his own personal gain, and actually MAKING MONEY by doing so. this kind of horse shit really sets me off. the rest of us have to follow the rules, but this asshole doesnt? 

1 hour ago, Demonpuke said:

why is this guy not banned yet? 

What harm does this do?  You understand he reports the issue to Blizzard and waits for them to hotfix it, right?

No one is going to imitate this because there is no benefit to anyone in it, it's just a bit of news / trivial entertainment.

14 minutes ago, Cowabunga said:

What harm does this do?  You understand he reports the issue to Blizzard and waits for them to hotfix it, right?

No one is going to imitate this because there is no benefit to anyone in it, it's just a bit of news / trivial entertainment.

that is flat out ignorance. he encourages his youtube followers to recreate the same scenarios. go to this video on youtube and read his first comment; a few lines down he is encouraging someone to do the same exploit. that is beyond proof that he is doing this with the intent of helping others exploit the game. 

just because your mush brain cant understand "what harm" this type of behavior does to online gaming communities doesnt negate the fact, it simply exemplifies your ignorance and stupidity.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Demonpuke said:

just because your mush brain cant understand "what harm" this type of behavior does to online gaming communities doesnt negate the fact, it simply exemplifies your ignorance and stupidity.

Dude, you really need to smoke some weed or something and chill out.

Sure, it's exploits that he's exposing. But because he's showing them they're actually fixing them. Maybe Blizzard should make less mistakes. And it's all for content that is FAR from progression at this point, so in a way who cares that he gets outdated stuff? Things like Games Done Quick, and other speed runs, that use exploits (i-frames, cut scene skips, etc) are from these same "harmful communities" and all they've done is raised over 16 million dollars for charities and support numerous gamers financially so they can enjoy doing what they're doing.

22 minutes ago, Laragon said:

Dude, you really need to smoke some weed or something and chill out.

Sure, it's exploits that he's exposing. But because he's showing them they're actually fixing them. Maybe Blizzard should make less mistakes. And it's all for content that is FAR from progression at this point, so in a way who cares that he gets outdated stuff? Things like Games Done Quick, and other speed runs, that use exploits (i-frames, cut scene skips, etc) are from these same "harmful communities" and all they've done is raised over 16 million dollars for charities and support numerous gamers financially so they can enjoy doing what they're doing.

Mate here's the piece of advice - do not take the guy who named himself "Demonpuke" seriously. I don't))

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Demonpuke said:

yea because doing drugs and "chilling out" have solved so many problems historically, eh? how about the fact that every single state that cannabis has touched, it has ruined. by all means, you liberal filth, sit around getting high and doing nothing all day. your time is coming.

21 hours ago, Steveson said:

Mate here's the piece of advice - do not take the guy who named himself "Demonpuke" seriously. I don't))

I'll just leave this one here

On 10/31/2018 at 12:15 PM, Demonpuke said:

that is flat out ignorance. he encourages his youtube followers to recreate the same scenarios. go to this video on youtube and read his first comment; a few lines down he is encouraging someone to do the same exploit. that is beyond proof that he is doing this with the intent of helping others exploit the game. 

This is an article on him soloing Taloc on NORMAL difficulty.  Explain the harm in it. 

The ignorance and stupidity I leave to your overtaxed mush brain.