FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Next Expansion Leaked: Rastakhan's Rumble

eCl4zHr.jpg

Just ahead of the BlizzCon unveiling, PC Gamer did a bit of a whoopsie and leaked the next expansion. Let's first get to the main info leaked: we're getting a new troll hero for each class, as well as legendary Loa minions! Rastakhan's Rumble is sure to have some more mechanics and a ton of cards, so we'll have to wait just a little more to get the full picture.

Meanwhile, the way the leak happened is a funny story in and of itself, as it seems an error in PC Gamer's article system posted two paragraphs from the site's announcement post inside an unrelated article (to make matters even sillier, it was an article about penises in survival game Scum) and, as you'd expect, it was immediately screenshotted and saved forever. Redditor JamieFTW got this image ready for when PC Gamer took the offending article down:

jpg

In case you don't want to lose your vision, the text reads :

Once every generation, Azeroth's Troll tribes come together to compete for the blessings of the Loa and the favor of King Rastakhan. The no-holds-barred battle forms the basis for Rastakhan's Rumble, the next Hearthstone expansion, which was just revealed today as part of the BlizzCon opening ceremony.

Nine teams will take part in the latest iteration of this time-honored Troll-down, each led by a Legendary Troll Champion representing one of the Hearthstone classes. The Loa, ancient spirits worshipped by the Trolls, will also take part in the fighting as Legendary minions. Shirvallah the Tiger is the Paladin Loa, which costs a cool 25-Mana to cast. You can reduce that outlay by casting spells, but even so it seems like a restrictive price for an effect that's probably only going to be good in incredibly slow control decks.

So, we're getting a very direct and timely link to Battle for Azeroth, which usually isn't the way Hearthstone expansions go, so this is an interesting first.

Source: Eurogamer.

A bit odd that they're making this about Rastakan when it'll release very close to him dying?    Oh well, sounds "interesting" but the cards better have some incredibly OP (Read:Much better than the DKs) powers to justify such a crazy cost.

2 hours ago, Rhondis said:

I'm not surprised. Though I will admit I thought it was a Vrykrul themed expansion. 

I Still can connect the Logo timeline Logo they made at the start of the year with the Exp :S

1 hour ago, Slam said:

I Still can connect the Logo timeline Logo they made at the start of the year with the Exp :S

Yea, but when I first glanced the third card back the washed up green with paintings with a floorboard kind of look gave me the impression of a seafaring expansion. Nonetheless this looks to be fun! Hoping for some more PVE adventures