Stan

World of Warcraft: What's Next?

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

mkpeja7.png

It's time to find out what's coming in Battle for Azeroth after Tides of Vengeance.

Rise of Azshara Recap (Patch 8.2)

recap.JPG

New Islands are coming as well as Heroic Warfronts

• 10+ players, new mechanics, higher difficulty & rewards

Rise of Azshara features new Heritage Armor for non-Allied Races - Taurens & Gnomes.

heritage.JPGheritage gnome.JPG

There's going to be a gnome and goblin adventure, so yeah, Mecha Gnomes are probably confirmed as an Allied Race for the Alliance. Vulpera for the Horde? There's a Mecha Gnome dungeon.

lols.JPG

Azshara Raid

Will feature 8 bosses (there may be an underwater boss) and a Naga hatchery.

azshara palace.JPG

Blizzard is focusing on replayable content in Patch 8.2.5. There are new rewards waiting including a crab that walks sideways.

nazjatar 2.JPGnazjatar 3.JPG

The naga are finally invading Azeroth and Nazjatar is a new zone that will be added to the game.

nazjatar.JPG

Patch 8.2.5  will bring new Goblin & Worgen models!

goblins.JPGgoblinf.JPGmodels worg.JPGworgen f.JPG

Battleground Updates

Blizzard is remastering Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin with visual updates to the entire battleground and various improvements. A new Arathi Brawl will be available with AI present in Islands Expeditions.

warsong.JPGwarsong2.JPGarathi.JPGarathi2.JPG

Brawler's Guild

Brawler's Guild is returning in Patch 8.1.5. They also want to add more lore to the game related to the Brawler's Guild. The event is going to reward new transmog sets.

brawlersguild.JPGnew brawler rewards.JPG

Professions

New Profession questlines will be added called "Tools of the Trade". Here are some of the rewards.

professions.JPG

Portal Rooms

Portal Rooms will be added to Orgrimmar and Stormwind.

portal room.JPG

Holidays & WoD Timewalking

New Holidays are coming in Patch 8.1.5 together with Warlords Timewalking and new mount rewards.

holidays.JPGrewards.JPG

Blizzard is now talking about Patch 8.1.5 that will make Zandalari Trolls and Kul Tiran Humans available for gameplay. We wrote about their racials and playable classes here.

The Terror of Darkshore trailer is playing right now on stage.

Tides of Vengeance launches December 11-13. The raid is coming early next year.

Tides of Vengeance Systems Update

Here's a rundown of improvements coming to the games' systems in Patch 8.1.

2.JPG

Ion is on stage talking about Tides of Vengeance. Features include the Darkshore Warfront, Assaults (Incursions), two new Island Expeditions, Battle of Dazar'alor Raid & Crucible of Storms. The War Campaign continues and Heritage Armor is coming to non-Allied races.

1.JPG

• Like 1

New character models for Goblin and Worgen.... hopefully there will be a new option or addon to auto transmorph into human form when not in combat. Hated when they removed that a long time ago.

Well, there's a positive side to Classic WoW : they are finally removing the ugly old WSG and AB textures in the main game. I hope they will renovate AV too and keep the awful old gameplay experience for nostalgic fans. AI brawl sounds cool too, I'm glad they are experimenting with this system, hope this will make it as a leaver-replacement sometimes in the future.
PvE sounds good to, hope mechagnome area will have some more story to it - I've been really missing a Suramar-like area from BfA.

I've updated the article with proper Patch numbers. To sum up this up:

• Patch 8.1.5 focuses on micro-holidays, Warlords of Draenor Timewalking, and Kul Tiran Humans & Zandalari Trolls will be available for gameplay.
  • Patch 8.2 is going to include Azshara's raid that comes with 8 bosses (including an underwater encounter), Mechagnomes, new Heritage Armor, and so forth.
  • Patch 8.2.5 is when new Goblin & Worgen models will become available.
  • Thanks 2

On 11/3/2018 at 1:34 AM, Badadada said:

Well, there's a positive side to Classic WoW : they are finally removing the ugly old WSG and AB textures in the main game.

That has nothing to do with Classic though. Classic is actually reverting everything to 1.12 assets. The update to Gulch and Basin is just part of the continuous graphic overhaul that has been happening since WoD.

On 11/2/2018 at 6:34 PM, Badadada said:

PvE sounds good to, hope mechagnome area will have some more story to it - I've been really missing a Suramar-like area from BfA.

I never thought I would say it when I struggling through that area, but I really do miss all the funny stuff from Suramar.  "It's an illusion!"  "Something's not quite right."  And of course my favorite... "WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?!"  

ha ha, wouldn't you like to know.