FORUMS
Stan

Heroes of the Storm: Deep Dive Panel

33978-heroes-of-the-storm-whats-next.jpg

The Heroes of the Storm development team discuss the latest content coming to the game.

Q&A

• Are we going to see more Heroes from the Nexus? It's not a priority to bring more Nexus-born Heroes to the game right now. The team would like to focus on more familiar Heroes at this time.
  • Any changes to Illidan? Nothing specific, they want to wait and see, maybe he'll be subect to small tuning tweaks.

Orphea will be available on PTR next week.

You can adopt two playstyles with Orphea:

Ranged Dancer Playstyle - Using Shadow Waltz's dash to maneuver around the battlefield defensively, whittling down enemies at range. (great against Garrosh).

play.JPG

Aggressive Monster Playstyle - Dash into fights to maximize Chomp damage, while sustaining her health with her trait Overflowing Chaos (great against high-mobility Heroes, like Genji).

plau3.JPG

Click here to check out all Orphea's abilities and talents.

Her Heroic abilities revolve around the monster that's part of her personality.

Her Dread [E] previously had a delay at the start, but that was unreliable to land.

Chomp [W] was discussed earlier. This is the concept art for the monster.

fantasy.JPG

Early concept art envisioned the Raven Lord's daughter as a dancer and the dash was baked into her ability - Shadow Waltz [Q].

early concepts.JPG

Her Overflowing Chaos (Trait) is her main source of sustain.

Now it's time to talk about her Hero fantasy. Goals define what Hero can or cannot do (or in some cases, should not do). They want to make sure she's approachable to players at all skill levels.

kit.JPGkit2.JPG

Can she carry her relic or does she need to float? She's the Raven Lord's daughter. Her kit was designed with elegance and grace. Her kit has a visceral look.

relic.JPG

Orphea has a monster that's a part of her personality.

orphea monster.JPGlana.JPGgameplay.JPG

Lana goes through Orphea's poses.

orphea.JPG

Orphea Concept Art

concept art.JPG

She sought refuge in the neighboring realm of King's Crest. There, she witnessed the horrors of her father firsthand.

heir.JPG

The Nexus is a universe of universes. The potential energy of the storm is stored up in realms. These realms can be controled and lorded over by individuals (realm lords). They possess something called a singularity. Orphea is Oberon's (Raven Lord's) daughter.

orphea.JPG

Before they could introduce a Hero from the Nexus, they needed to add more lore to the game.

orphea.JPGcomic.JPG

Orphea is not only a return to the game's roots, but also she's something new. The game has introduced many Nexus-born Heroes, but Orphea stood out.

chars.JPG

Orphea

Ever since the launch of the game, Blizzard wanted to bring a Hero from the Nexus universe to Heroes.

test.JPG

• Like 1

I always imagined the annoucers very different from this images, but was kinda expecting it now. I thought the Raven lord was gonna be young and handsome for some reason.

I'm finding myself liking this HotS original content, though I was very skeptical at first.

I am hyped for Orphea now, but somewhat disappointed on this deep dive panel. Didn't they discuss the Exp changes? The impact of the recent changes to TL? Or their idea to fuse HL and TL?

6 minutes ago, lChronosl said:

I am hyped for Orphea now, but somewhat disappointed on this deep dive panel. Didn't they discuss the Exp changes? The impact of the recent changes to TL? Or their idea to fuse HL and TL?

That was discussed during the What's Next panel. Post will be up soon 🙂.

• Like 2

So when do we get the Medivh Ravenlord skin again? 😛 I mean it seems like a super obvious skin, they look so much alike.

I'm loving Orphea's look. And her animations for her Chaos magics look gorgeous. Not to mention I LOVE the Rebellious Teen skin. I think her and that skin will almost certainly be a day 1 buy for me 🙂 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.