Jump to content
FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Holy Shotgun Crusader

Recommended Posts

Guest LeonKS

Managed to gear as per instruction. Sitting at paragon 700 and gr 75 is the limit for me. Is stone gauntlet absolutely useless untill i can 100% uptime Akarat Champion? Deaths cause bh stone gauntlet seems to be high at the moment. Currently i do shred mobs but tend to die alot easier presently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 8:12 PM, Guest LeonKS said:

Managed to gear as per instruction. Sitting at paragon 700 and gr 75 is the limit for me. Is stone gauntlet absolutely useless untill i can 100% uptime Akarat Champion? Deaths cause bh stone gauntlet seems to be high at the moment. Currently i do shred mobs but tend to die alot easier presently. 

100% Akarat uptime is a major goal for sure, and Stone Gauntlets might do more harm than good beforehand. You can temporarily substitute them with Aquila Cuirass, but do keep in mind its effect will not be as stable as in other, less resource-intensive builds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Eind Baas

I see some people bashing the pigsticker and recommend darklight. I personally prefer darklight too, why?  It has a much easier playstyle then pigsticker has. 

With darklight I have zero problems keeping my wrath full and stacking up on the 50 stacks of FoH. 

Where as with pigsticker I find it much more difficult to sustain enough wrath to even cast a FoH.  So my choice is purely based on a lazy playstyle then on what best to choose for pushing.

I also play on PS4 and I find it difficult to cast wherever I want(so it is difficult to place FoH). Which, in my opinion, makes a lot of caster builds more difficult to play. I don't know what other people think of that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2020 at 11:04 AM, Guest Eind Baas said:

I also play on PS4 and I find it difficult to cast wherever I want(so it is difficult to place FoH). Which, in my opinion, makes a lot of caster builds more difficult to play. I don't know what other people think of that? 

This is a sensible change for ease of console play. It does hamper your damage potential, but I can imagine for the vast majority of farming runs that top end optimization of damage doesn't even come into consideration. Unfortunately I don't actively play on console, but I can understand the need to adapt - FoH certainly benefits a lot from mouse precision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Cheve
On 8/26/2020 at 10:04 AM, Guest Eind Baas said:

I see some people bashing the pigsticker and recommend darklight. I personally prefer darklight too, why?  It has a much easier playstyle then pigsticker has. 

With darklight I have zero problems keeping my wrath full and stacking up on the 50 stacks of FoH. 

Where as with pigsticker I find it much more difficult to sustain enough wrath to even cast a FoH.  So my choice is purely based on a lazy playstyle then on what best to choose for pushing.

I also play on PS4 and I find it difficult to cast wherever I want(so it is difficult to place FoH). Which, in my opinion, makes a lot of caster builds more difficult to play. I don't know what other people think of that? 

I play on Xbox and what I do is force target any mob while moving to cast FoH on them, even behind me, then once focus on elite force target on the elite. Works nice for me, today I did gr130

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 11:10 PM, Guest Cheve said:

I play on Xbox and what I do is force target any mob while moving to cast FoH on them, even behind me, then once focus on elite force target on the elite. Works nice for me, today I did gr130

Cheers duder, that's a good tip! Glad the build is working out for you even on consoles. 130 is no small feat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Stumped
On 8/4/2020 at 2:31 AM, Deadset said:

100% Akarat uptime is a major goal for sure, and Stone Gauntlets might do more harm than good beforehand. You can temporarily substitute them with Aquila Cuirass, but do keep in mind its effect will not be as stable as in other, less resource-intensive builds.

I'm following this build and can't get anywhere near 100% Akarat uptime with 45% CDR. Is there something I'm missing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2020 at 9:42 AM, Guest Stumped said:

I'm following this build and can't get anywhere near 100% Akarat uptime with 45% CDR. Is there something I'm missing?

Sheet CDR will only get you so far! Do you have Obsidian Ring of the ZodiacObsidian Ring of the Zodiac equipped? The Akarat cooldown should come off as you spam Heaven's Fury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else dying really fast with this build? I'm doing a ton of damage, but I can't take a hit in torment 13 without dying. All my other builds and characters can survive, but this build seems super squishy. I have everything matched so i'm unsure why it's happening. i can kill stuff in high torments too, but as soon as i take one hit it's either death or 3/4 my lifebar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2020 at 2:28 AM, almikez said:

Anyone else dying really fast with this build? I'm doing a ton of damage, but I can't take a hit in torment 13 without dying. All my other builds and characters can survive, but this build seems super squishy. I have everything matched so i'm unsure why it's happening. i can kill stuff in high torments too, but as soon as i take one hit it's either death or 3/4 my lifebar. 

Heya! Survivability should not be that much of an issue indeed. Could you post a link to your character? (Battle.net has character profile functions for D3 characters.) Otherwise, some generic advice would be to track your damage reduction stacks more carefully (note that the 4-piece bonus reduces your damage via a stacking mechanic and not passively), and making sure that a damage reduction item choice like Unity is matched with another on your follower, plus an immortality relic for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2020 at 2:30 AM, Deadset said:

Heya! Survivability should not be that much of an issue indeed. Could you post a link to your character? (Battle.net has character profile functions for D3 characters.) Otherwise, some generic advice would be to track your damage reduction stacks more carefully (note that the 4-piece bonus reduces your damage via a stacking mechanic and not passively), and making sure that a damage reduction item choice like Unity is matched with another on your follower, plus an immortality relic for him.

https://maxroll.gg/d3planner/506962963

super close to being accurate. did it all by hands. for some things like chest armor it wouldn't let me put in the base as the correct number.I also can't change m,y amulet to the flavor of time, but thats what i have equiped.  Besides a couple of those and leaving out gold/experience bonus, that should be it! Let me know what I should change. currently, 1306k attack (sword icon), 25.9M defense (shield icon), 2011k life( + icon)  

i typically do better when i have my follow and unity, but not by a bunch. just tried a 75 rift and was getting one hit a lot. 

with my rolands set build, i;m at 1448k attack, 69.9m defense, and 5981k life. it's insane how much better it is while im using same weapons, shield, crimsons set. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Lord of Leisure
On 12/2/2020 at 1:28 AM, almikez said:

Anyone else dying really fast with this build? I'm doing a ton of damage, but I can't take a hit in torment 13 without dying. All my other builds and characters can survive, but this build seems super squishy. I have everything matched so i'm unsure why it's happening. i can kill stuff in high torments too, but as soon as i take one hit it's either death or 3/4 my lifebar. 

I would love to know as well, since I'm having the exact same problem. The damage is fantastic, the highest crit I noticed, a whopping 31. 6T (I didn't even know the game had a T notification) but everything kills me instantly. Full stacks, akkarats champion, even switched bane of the stricken to esoteric alteration but one mortar and... dead. The hammerdin seems better and that's nigh useless on consoles. However I'm probably missing something. Maybe paragon? I'm only 440 at the moment. Put 50 in vitality for survivability, to no avail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The survivability predicament is rather puzzling. Since the build is very capable in dishing out damage, you can transition the regular gems across your gear to Flawless Royal Diamonds for the added survivability. At lower Paragons, don't hesitate to invest points into Vitality, at least until you stabilize the Toughness department; as you found out already, the build doesn't lack raw damage. 🙂  You've also done a good modification with Esoteric Alteration over Stricken, at least until you get the hang of the build.

Sadly the link shows items only, but not their particular rolls, and I can't tell how well your item stats follow the gear table recommendations - but hopefully they match it as closely as possible! Aside from making sure your follower is also using a Unity to match the DR of your own, I'm not really sure what could be missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Ronin

Thanks for updating this. I have not played this game in years. So to come for what I know and what needs to be known is different. This will help me improve my gaming, I haven’t used Paladins since Diablo 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...