FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Holy Shotgun Crusader

Do you really think it would be better to roll off CDR on gear in Season 16?  I think maybe dropping Gogok of Swiftness might be better, but I'm not sure how powerful attack speed is compared to other gems.  I think Bane of the Powerful, Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard, or even Mutilation Guard might be better than a couple more rolls.

Edited by DeadOfKnight

Guest Dark

This build is very bad. It is a big mistake that it is put into "High Tier" list, because other builds from the list are MUCH stronger, such as Blessed Shield, Blessed Hammer or Thorns.

Holy Shotgun is very bad because its damage depends on how often you are getting hit, and some rift guardians do no hit you often enough to get enough damage from player back. Also, this build does not have any movement skill, which makes it super slow in comparison to other Crusader builds.

I've tried all Crusader builds from this site, and this one is one of the worst.

Some question & notes:

1) In the Introduction page this build is said to be "high tier", while it is labelled only as "mid tier": which one is correct?

2) In the Skill page it is written: "this skill can juggle nicely with the Indestructible passive to keep you safe and alive in high Greater Rifts". However, Indestructible is not among the recommended passives...

3) In the Gear page it is written: "Note that in this build, you will be using Gogok of Swiftness as one of your Legendary Gems, allowing you to lose CDR rolls from two major slots — ideally weapon and belt — in favor of other offense stats". However, the belt cannot roll CDR, and for the weapon CDR is still one of the recommended stats...

4) The Compass Rose has "Block Chance" among its stat priorities, but it cannot roll it.

5) In the speed farming variation page, Ring of Royal Grandeur is recommended for the cube, not as an "alternative" (and without alternatives): this seems to mean that using the Sage Set is the default recommendation with this build variation, not simply an "alternative". Thus, two Sage's Set items should be mentioned as "Best in Slot". If Sage's Set is not a "must" but only an "alternative", another jewel should be the "Best in Slot" for Kanai's Cube; moreover, if the non-Sage build is a viable alternative, RoRG should be labelled as "Alternative DB farm" in the cube...

Guest DAVID

Hey I personally think you should use Darklight as the weapon and Eberli Carlo for the shield 

Guest Sai
On 11/28/2019 at 6:28 AM, Guest DAVID said:

I personally think you should use Darklight

I'm here just to ask why this isn't a thing. This one weapon in my cube with Captain Crimson's Trimmings and Aughild's sets have solo carried me into T9. Imagine how scary it would be if I actually had the Aegis of Valor set.

On 11/28/2019 at 2:28 PM, Guest DAVID said:

Hey I personally think you should use Darklight as the weapon and Eberli Carlo for the shield 

13 hours ago, Guest Sai said:

I'm here just to ask why this isn't a thing. This one weapon in my cube with Captain Crimson's Trimmings and Aughild's sets have solo carried me into T9. Imagine how scary it would be if I actually had the Aegis of Valor set.

You shouldn't.

The builds main damage dealer by a large margin is Heaven's Fury. Fist of the Heavens only serves a purpose to empower HF and regenerate some Wrath through Fissures. 

Since Heaven's Fury Fires of Heaven does not have a cooldown, Eberli Charo is absolutely useless. 

Pig Sticker is a classic weapon of choice in any build that relies heavily on attack speed. It's five primary rolls and unique ability to roll +damage% to beasts and humans makes it superior choice. 

Guest IggisPanda
On 11/30/2019 at 8:30 AM, Yolo said:

Pig Sticker is a classic weapon of choice in any build that relies heavily on attack speed. It's five primary rolls and unique ability to roll +damage% to beasts and humans makes it superior choice. 

If it relies so heavily on attack speed why use stone gauntlets? is the tradeoff worth it for the armor increase? if i understand that correctly thats a 100% attack speed decrease. or do i get that wrong?

6 hours ago, Guest IggisPanda said:

If it relies so heavily on attack speed why use stone gauntlets? is the tradeoff worth it for the armor increase? if i understand that correctly thats a 100% attack speed decrease. or do i get that wrong?

The build's CD's negate that effect.

12 hours ago, Guest IggisPanda said:

Stone Gauntlets' negative effects are negated by Akarat's Champion. You'll need permanent uptime, though. 

Guest Ryan

Minor point but relevant for the gear page: 

For desired affixes on gear, you list a combination of affixes for OROTZ that is impossible to obtain legitimately because that ring always rolls with IAS, CHC, CDR And RCR. 

So which of these gets rolled away for the socket? I would say RCR except maybe for hardcore players who want as much mitigation as possible.

Guest blader
On 12/3/2019 at 9:54 AM, Yolo said:

Stone Gauntlets' negative effects are negated by Akarat's Champion. You'll need permanent uptime, though. 

Please help me, i don't get it, how does Akarat's Champion negates that?
"Explode with the power of your order, increasing your damage by 35% and increasing your Wrath regeneration by 5 for 20 seconds"
"Gain 150% additional Armor while Akarat's Champion is active. The first time you take fatal damage while Akarat's Champion is active, you will be returned to full health."

All i see is +Damage +Armor and +Wrath Generation. Am i missing something!?

5 hours ago, Guest blader said:

Please help me, i don't get it, how does Akarat's Champion negates that?
"Explode with the power of your order, increasing your damage by 35% and increasing your Wrath regeneration by 5 for 20 seconds"
"Gain 150% additional Armor while Akarat's Champion is active. The first time you take fatal damage while Akarat's Champion is active, you will be returned to full health."

All i see is +Damage +Armor and +Wrath Generation. Am i missing something!?

From Diablo wiki "Crowd Control" page:

Morphing skills (Barbarian's Wrath of the Berserker, Crusader's Akarat's Champion, Demon Hunter's Vengeance, Wizard's Archon and the Monk's Epiphany) also make the player briefly immune to all forms of CC. In addition, some skills may break one, several or all Crowd Control effects that are already applied to the player character.

And in the guide, Gear page Cube section:

Stone Gauntlets Stone Gauntlets are one of the most effective protective pieces in the game, bumping your armor by 50% at a significant (and stacking) mobility penalty — one which you will completely negate with crowd control immunization skills like Akarat's Champion Akarat's Champion and Iron Skin Iron Skin.

Guest blader
On 1/17/2020 at 6:04 PM, Yolo said:

From Diablo wiki "Crowd Control" page:

Morphing skills (Barbarian's Wrath of the Berserker, Crusader's Akarat's Champion, Demon Hunter's Vengeance, Wizard's Archon and the Monk's Epiphany) also make the player briefly immune to all forms of CC. In addition, some skills may break one, several or all Crowd Control effects that are already applied to the player character.

Wow, playing for so Long without knowing this… thanks a lot.

I tried/ran this as per instructions, while it is "powerful" how easy it ends up getting one killed is also terrible, I find the Thorny Invoker build (from this website)

pretty much the same toughness but much easier to "contain" from up and dying so easily (not to mention) able to leave on auto-cast with very little worrying about the micro management dart between groups and the like (far far faster as well)

I am not sure what to say, there is also the quite often "standing like a stone" unable to do much of anything more often than not gets one killed...I had seen season 19 wise, folks were topping leaderboard with this build, alas, Invoker, easier to see "verging on too tough to face/get out of dodge" vs this one, not so much, either demolish everything in moments, or get ### handed to you many times over.

could just be me (^.^)

------
edit

swap pigsticker to Darklight, much much better,
I also put esoteric-bane of trapped-pain enhancer

I moved around skills, horse endurance right mouse button,
fist of heaven left mouse, heavens fury skill 2,
laws of justice decay

fervor-holy cause-longarm or law-finery

Khassett's cord of righteous armor cube slot. Fate of Fell weapon slot
RoRg ring slot 

still have to be careful, but it is WICKED (as well as crazy loud)

Edited by DaXile
amazed now that have sorted it out

Guest Izan

I am using this build except for the pig sticker I'm using Darklight and am clearing GR100 within 10 minutes and 90's under 6.  302 crit damage, 45 crit chance 998 paragon, no ancients, 65% CDR 913k base damage 22mil base toughness. Using trapped, swiftness and powerful.

Guest TurtlePuppy

To all of you saying you should use darklight, fist of the heavens is not meant to do damage in this build. Your damage is solely based off of Heaven's Fury. Also, I do have a problem with the build in that it calls for a socket, crit chance, crit damage, and area damage to be rolled on the OROTZ. Everyone knows that the OROTZ can only roll CCR, CDR, crit chance, and attack speed and you will obviously roll out one for a socket. This is an attack-speed oriented build and the CCR and CDR are not only viable stats to have, but they also boost damage and damage reduction with Captain Crimson's. I just think the prioritized stats should be updated on the gear page.

On 1/25/2019 at 4:44 PM, Guest Dark said:

This build is very bad. It is a big mistake that it is put into "High Tier" list, because other builds from the list are MUCH stronger, such as Blessed Shield, Blessed Hammer or Thorns.

Holy Shotgun is very bad because its damage depends on how often you are getting hit, and some rift guardians do no hit you often enough to get enough damage from player back. Also, this build does not have any movement skill, which makes it super slow in comparison to other Crusader builds.

I've tried all Crusader builds from this site, and this one is one of the worst.

Rotation in this build is critical and falling off it can kill you. Note the different playstyle with Akarat's ChampionAkarat's ChampionProphetProphet off cooldown to survive. You also need to utilize your OROTZ (Obsidian Ring of the ZodiacObsidian Ring of the Zodiac) properly and choose which skills to use and when.

Pay attention to this video and you will learn how to push high grifts and how to handle the fight once your Stone GauntletsStone Gauntlets can freeze you. In groups this build can possibly even forego  Stone GauntletsStone Gauntlets and go for glass cannon.

Are you all looking for a one-stop shop into pushing highest rifts? But in order to push highest rifts, you need to know a lot about the game. I begun this season 2 days ago and have never played this build before. Suck it up, push higher, wash your hands.

Edited by greenie
Video

Guest Josh Welch

This build doesn’t work on Xbox, heavens fury and Akaratts champion are in the same group 

3 hours ago, Guest Josh Welch said:

This build doesn’t work on Xbox, heavens fury and Akaratts champion are in the same group 

Turn Elective mode on in the Gameplay options.

Guest Crusader

I am having a problem of Wraith regen with this build for some reason and I can't figure out why. I have three of the set pieces, paragon 181, and using all the correct skills/runes, but i havent been able to cube things yet because it takes me forever to kill things due to running out of wraith after only using heavens fury or fists of heaven a few times then just standing around til my Wraith regens. Does anyone know what is causing this problem? Do i need to use a different build til i get the full set or something else?

On 7/6/2020 at 4:56 PM, Guest Crusader said:

Do i need to use a different build til i get the full set or something else?

Hey - I would definitely recommend that you use our beginner Crusader guide and focusing heavily on the free set you get from Haedrig's Gift! This season Crusaders get the Thorns of the Invoker set, which we have both a beginner and an endgame guide for, and it can very reliably carry you to endgame, as you gather the necessary pieces and cube the items for the Heaven's Fury Crusader!

Really, just focus down the tasks from the Seasonal Journey, and make use of that complete set. It will be an excellent starting point, I assure you.

Guest Ekho

I saw Pig Sticker as the weapon and immediately lost faith in this build.

On 7/27/2020 at 11:51 PM, Guest Ekho said:

I saw Pig Sticker as the weapon and immediately lost faith in this build.

Pig Sticker is very much a top contender for high tier pushing. The other route is of course the Fate of the FellFate of the Fell / cubed Ivory TowerIvory Tower combo, but don't underestimate the unassuming Pig StickerPig Sticker and its 5-mainstat / multiplicative damage amp in the secondaries. At least on EU, our suggested setup is currently topping the leaderboards.