FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Cluster Arrow Demon Hunter

Gear sections both for GR and speedfarm have Manticore and other GR focused items as best in slot. It may be confusing compared to other guides' current format to have Manticore as BiS for speedfarm variant when it uses Multishot for dmg. Is it intended? ?

Guest GeNemesis

For the speed farming version, isn't Dead Man's Legacy better? Seems to work better with the faster pace (getting all 5 sentries up takes a while) 

Keep in mind you won't be needing all 5 Sentries present in the fight, just 5 up across the battlefield to keep up your set bonuses - it's perfectly acceptable that some of them will be a bit behind from a previous fight, etc. A DML could work (to be quite honest it seemed like a natural drop from the setup), but scaling the power of your set from the Rucksack is an overpowering choice.

Btw thanks for the catch, Kaelos - the Manticore mention is indeed unnecessary there ?

On paper the rucksack seems the better choice with an extra 24000% damage compared to Dead Man's Legacy. But either the game isn't calculating this correctly or the DML's "hit twice when below 60% health" has a greater impact than you'd think. I know you can't really compare one GR to another, but on GR85 I generally take around 10 mins (including a death which is just a pain when having to get the sentries up again) with multishot + rucksack. With cluster bombs (maelstrom) + rucksack I take between 8 and 9 mins (the higher time including a death again). With multishot + DML I take between 7 and 9 mins, so far without death. The mobs just drop faster with this combo (and it doesn't have quite as big a problem with elites attacking right at the door as the rucksack does).

I'm totally open to the fact I may not be playing it correctly, but I keep a close eye on the amount of sentries out and generally drop at least one whenever there's a larger cluster of mobs (hate getting in the middle to drop a sentry on top of them, but I'm learning).

So I'm hoping others have some more experience with this and can tell me why the rucksack doesn't seem to be outshining DML like it should?

Guest Question

Doesn't Sentry: Guardian Turret and Thrill of the Hunt work better with an Endless Walk setup than Sentry: Polar Station with Numbing Traps?

The rocket-based progression build recommends Fire Damage % for Wraps of Clarity, even though the variation change to Cluster Arrow, Shooting Stars would designate Physical as being more beneficial, and nothing in the variation benefits from the Fire Damage %.  Should this reflect Physical Damage % now?

On 7/2/2020 at 8:43 PM, Alvit said:

The rocket-based progression build recommends Fire Damage % for Wraps of Clarity, even though the variation change to Cluster Arrow, Shooting Stars would designate Physical as being more beneficial, and nothing in the variation benefits from the Fire Damage %.  Should this reflect Physical Damage % now?

Hey there, and thanks for the catch! This should indeed be Physical % damage due to the physical rune Shooting Stars. It has been corrected and should be up on the site shortly.

• Thanks 1

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why the Marauder Cluster Arrow Build doesn't run Enforcer? Seems too risky given that you need all your pets alive to maximize the damage reduction from Zoey's Secret.

EDIT: Okay, nevermind on Enforcer. I do have another question, though: In the Skills and Runes page, it still mentions Dead Man's Legacy Dead Man's Legacy as the reason to take Ambush Ambush even though the build doesn't run Multishot. Was this part just copied and pasted from the Multishot Build page?

Edited by KomodoDragoon
Another question

Hello there. Manticore's power is not missed, it's simply used in Kanai's Cube as the extracted weapon power. This is done because Manticore's legendary power is entirely transferable to Kanai's Cube, whereas Yang's Recurve has an innate Resource Cost Reduction roll that is not part of its legendary power and is thus non-transferable to the Cube.

You can read a detailed explanation of the reasoning behind this choice in the Gear page of the guide, as well as recommendations for an alternate gearing setup that wields Manticore as the main-hand weapon, and uses Dawn in the Cube.

On 5/5/2022 at 7:23 AM, Deadset said:

Hello there. Manticore's power is not missed, it's simply used in Kanai's Cube as the extracted weapon power. This is done because Manticore's legendary power is entirely transferable to Kanai's Cube, whereas Yang's Recurve has an innate Resource Cost Reduction roll that is not part of its legendary power and is thus non-transferable to the Cube.

You can read a detailed explanation of the reasoning behind this choice in the Gear page of the guide, as well as recommendations for an alternate gearing setup that wields Manticore as the main-hand weapon, and uses Dawn in the Cube.

Just wondering. If you're running the alternate build, is it pretty much required to wield Manticore and cube Dawn? I know Dawn can reduce Vengeance's cooldown enough to where it's permanent with enough CDR, but a good roll can help with that, too. I feel Manticore would be better in the Cube while wielding a well-rolled Dawn. This way, you have the full Manticore bonus while having a faster-firing weapon at your disposal, which would theoretically make the Sentries fire faster as well.

Guest Achloryn

For the M6 cluster arrow build, why use Yang's Recurve on a build that doesn't use multishot?

Guest Sadgasm

Hi!
I'm just curious..why do the build takes -Bane of the Stricken- over -Enforcer-?

Every other side I looked into went for Enforcer, for nearly the exact same build. So I am confused a bit.

I also uploaded my build (nearly the same as in the guide here), and every dammage on skills/etc. is getting weaker with it.

Answer would be nice! thanks.

This part of the otherwise excellent guide now needs some overhaul since what is mentioned here is totally contrary to the rest of the guide:

Working in unison with your Dead Man's LegacyDead Man's Legacy, the AmbushAmbush passive will deliver during the first 25% of the enemy health pool, and the quiver will pick up the carnage from 60% and below. The 40% damage increase is multiplicative in nature, emphasizing its superiority over other options.

Dead Man's Legacy is not in this build and is not mentioned anywhere.