FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Meteor Wizard

This guide only talks about gear for the Tal Rasha variation.  I think it needs a short section on skils.  For example, with Ashnagaar's Blood Bracer, Galvanizing Ward outweighs the flat damage reduction of Blur.

Edited by DeadOfKnight

Guest Bloodgeneral

Hi,

First of all thank you for posting there wonderfull build guides! 

Now as for my question, in your sage's variant (for death's breath farm) you mention the riing of royal grandure.
But this is S16 now, the ring is baseline the entire seasone.
How would you change the build? (Gearwise?)

Thank you for your time and GL with S16!

Guest Demono01

I read this speedfarm guide twice its good! 

But

Did I miss what should be in the cube? Beside royal ring coz of season 16.

Or its just obvious and use cube items from gear section D:? I don't know about Diablo 3 much. 

Guest Demono01

I was bored a little and stared to analyze this Kenai cube for speed farm. 

May I suggest for weapon grand vizier (for meteor cos reduce)

Armor nemesis(for dB farm perfect) or the one from gear section about storm armor proc reduced dmg for survival

Ring (is the hardest coz there is not much left) convention of elements or maybe avarice? Zodiac? No idea tho. 

I'm not expert! But maybe this helps someone ?

Guest Grim

You have quite a bit of missing and contradicting info through this entire guide. I suggest a very thorough proof-read please. Example being your speed farming variant.... the only cube power mentioned is RORG yikes

On 1/19/2019 at 7:37 PM, DeadOfKnight said:

This guide only talks about gear for the Tal Rasha variation.  I think it needs a short section on skils.  For example, with Ashnagaar's Blood Bracer, Galvanizing Ward outweighs the flat damage reduction of Blur.

I'll see what Deadset says, but at a first glance, I'd say you're basically comparing pretty different talents. I'd say Galv is more likely to run into the "situational" problem, where certain GR mob setups would render it far worse than Blur, which is a blanket, constant damage reduction.

I'm sure Galv can be better in certain sitautions also, so it'll likely be a toss-up between that. I'll let you know what Deadset says!

4 hours ago, Guest Grim said:

You have quite a bit of missing and contradicting info through this entire guide. I suggest a very thorough proof-read please. Example being your speed farming variant.... the only cube power mentioned is RORG yikes

The speed farming and Star Pact variations are being updated in the near future - priority was to get the two progression specs updated first. Sorry for the delay!

For the Tal set, why frost nova vs maintaining channeling with ray of frost? Also you're not tied to the 11 second cool down of frost nova to keep the Tal bonus going.

This build is okay, but why in gods name would you not change out Blur with Galvanizing Ward? it gives WAY more survivability, and sacrifices no damage what so ever..

i did a few tests with your build at GR100,  its doable, but rather painful.. where as if i go with that other tallent, i blow trough the GR100 with ease...

Now i know Rifts changes, and difficulty depends on mobtype and so on, so i've done 10 runs with your setup, and 10 with that 1 change, and the difference is like night and day! why would you not want a bonus shield of 1M+-(depending on your hp) that automaticly refreshes every 5 sec?   with the instant Teleport Illusionist give you, you are basicly 100% immortal.. unless you teleport into stupid that is!

Any insight to why you chose to go the other way?

Why 17% Flat damage reducion, when you can get a shield every 5 sec? ( mine is at 1,2mill, standing still, WITH 100% Bracer) and with Magic weapon-Deflection rune, my shield peaks arround 1,7mill in combat)  i can stand in stupid for days and never die)

Edited by burnedheal

Guest Moonwired

I'm slightly curious what legendary gems this build is supposed to be using, I saw no mention of it whatsoever 

3 hours ago, Guest Moonwired said:

I'm slightly curious what legendary gems this build is supposed to be using, I saw no mention of it whatsoever 

Gem recommendations are at the bottom of the front page and the gear page. In this case, the gems are TaegukTaegukBane of the TrappedBane of the Trapped, and Bane of the PowerfulBane of the Powerful (or Bane of the StrickenBane of the Stricken for high GR pushes).

Guest Tim

Can you help me to understand the paragon points format? Is it put all the points into 1, then 2, and so on? 

Guest Mike

Tal Rasha but it has Firebird.

Your build needs an update. I have realized Firebird has procs for fire spells.

Corrections need to be made.  If this was Tal Rasha  then the gear should be Tal Rasha.

6 hours ago, Guest Mike said:

Tal Rasha but it has Firebird.

Your build needs an update. I have realized Firebird has procs for fire spells.

Corrections need to be made.  If this was Tal Rasha  then the gear should be Tal Rasha.

I'm not sure I understand? There is a Tal Rasha variant page in the guide that has the full build and BiS for Tal Rasha?

On 1/23/2019 at 10:47 PM, jonnynof said:

For the Tal set, why frost nova vs maintaining channeling with ray of frost? Also you're not tied to the 11 second cool down of frost nova to keep the Tal bonus going.

Yeah, I use Ray of Frost on left-click and Arcane Torrent on right-click.  Hold down Ray of Frost, occasionally right-click to keep up 4 stacks of Tal Rasha, Taeguk stacks, Deathwish, and Mantle of Channeling buffs.  I also don't lose Aquila's buff anymore either due to it being cheaper on AP. I dropped RCR on shoulders as well, no AP issues.

Edited by DeadOfKnight

Guest GhostInShell

the stun bracer for firebird has no effect what so ever any better idea?
plus i dont understand why this build cant survive tor13 rift solo.. its too squishy and im clueless why, got everything the guide says... so i guess its brokken?

Guest Guest John

There's very little defense against ranged enemies in this build and the skills forces you to stand still channeling way too long. Hard to dodge gazillion of projectiles that kill me by just few hits.

Halo of Arlyse only give dr against melee. I switched to Halo of Karini + Storm Armor. This gives 80% dr against everything instead of only 60% against melee. I didn't die as easily.

Guest WingedDeath

My question is about the Tal Rasha's set suggestions. I like the setup on that one more, for the tankiness... however, how do you manage the upkeep? Without Hergbrash's Binding channeling Arcane Torrent is killing my mana. And it's suggested to cube Aquila CuirassAquila Cuirass, but I'm rarely at full, so I wouldn't get any benefit from it. Am I missing something?  Thank you for the help.

17 hours ago, Guest WingedDeath said:

My question is about the Tal Rasha's set suggestions. I like the setup on that one more, for the tankiness... however, how do you manage the upkeep? Without Hergbrash's Binding channeling Arcane Torrent is killing my mana. And it's suggested to cube Aquila CuirassAquila Cuirass, but I'm rarely at full, so I wouldn't get any benefit from it. Am I missing something?  Thank you for the help.

Make sure you have "crit hits grant 4 (2-4) arcane power" on etched sigil, so ur arcane torrent nets you arcane power. And make sure you have high crit hit chance on gear (total about 50-60 % is neat), which imo is more important thant crit hit damage for this build. Also dont spam meteor too much but try to time it with the convention of elements fire rotation. Try to get out of harms way when you hit meteor - which probably get you off Aquila for 0.5 sec - then go back in for the other damage rotations, then out again when you hit meteor again.

Im just a casual player,  other guys will probably have better advice

Edited by zacholistic
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2019 at 5:08 PM, Guest Guest John said:

There's very little defense against ranged enemies in this build and the skills forces you to stand still channeling way too long. Hard to dodge gazillion of projectiles that kill me by just few hits.

Halo of Arlyse only give dr against melee. I switched to Halo of Karini + Storm Armor. This gives 80% dr against everything instead of only 60% against melee. I didn't die as easily.

Yes and no.  Halo of Arlyse + Ancient Parthan Defenders (which is the recommended combination) gives you more damage reduction against everything, but only after being hit and proccing frost nova, and loses its effectiveness with diminishing returns.  Therefore, I do agree that Halo of Karini is more reliable.  Just make sure you are able to teleport away immediately in any case where it drops off.  Aether Walker, Illusionist, or just save it for when you need it.

Edited by DeadOfKnight

On 1/25/2019 at 4:26 AM, burnedheal said:

This build is okay, but why in gods name would you not change out Blur with Galvanizing Ward? it gives WAY more survivability, and sacrifices no damage what so ever..

i did a few tests with your build at GR100,  its doable, but rather painful.. where as if i go with that other tallent, i blow trough the GR100 with ease...

Now i know Rifts changes, and difficulty depends on mobtype and so on, so i've done 10 runs with your setup, and 10 with that 1 change, and the difference is like night and day! why would you not want a bonus shield of 1M+-(depending on your hp) that automaticly refreshes every 5 sec?   with the instant Teleport Illusionist give you, you are basicly 100% immortal.. unless you teleport into stupid that is!

Any insight to why you chose to go the other way?

Why 17% Flat damage reducion, when you can get a shield every 5 sec? ( mine is at 1,2mill, standing still, WITH 100% Bracer) and with Magic weapon-Deflection rune, my shield peaks arround 1,7mill in combat)  i can stand in stupid for days and never die)

I use both but am using LoN with a Hellfire 5th passive. The higher your life the better the Galv shield is. It's one of the best passives in the game as far as I can tell when you do have decent vit and life% combined with decent dmg reduction, I'm only at 1K paragon and like 1.7 mil total life. With the extra dmg reduction of LoN, combined with HoK, AC, I've never been so safe, and it's the last thing I saw coming as a wizard. 
I see what Blainie mentioned about flat dmg reduction helping more consistently, and helping almost as much. But if you notice your shield gone in the giant mess of a meteor build screen, it is easy to back off and not get hit for 5 seconds to get the shield back a lot of the time. It doesn't even waste much time. And often times like you said you can stand in stupid for days. 

Guest Guest
On 2/4/2019 at 6:08 PM, Guest Guest John said:

I agree, you die instantly from any ranged attack. I like the karini + Storm Armor more as well.