FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Meteor Wizard

Guest Fun

This build can be described perfectly by the flavor text of the passive, "Arcane Dynamo"; "Dare not to invoke the wrath of a Wizard. You are nothing more than a loose coalescence of dust before their ire, easily scattered at a whim." It really makes you feel like a wizard, calling down endless meteors to pummel your foes to death. Really good AoE (obviously?) and easy to rack up big massacre bonuses 10/10 would play 

The reason you're probably getting gunned down by ranged is because you're not igniting an elite and carrying it around. Without that, youre losing a lot of DR and damage while engaging normal ranged mobs. Part of the play style for this spec is to drag around an ignited elite for the entire rift. I find the play style to be completely irritating so I go with Tal's Meteor build instead.

1) In the Introduction it is written: "This bursty, hard hitting playstyle is available in two Greater Rift solo and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order." But it seems to me that there are 3 GR builds (the main one, the Tal Rasha GR one, and the Star Pact ones) and just one speed farming variation (with the Tal Rasha set). Am I wrong?

2) Hergbrash's Binding should be given at least a fourth stat priority: maybe Armor?

3) In the Gear page it is written: "Notice also the absence of crowd control immunity in the spec (it is a non-Archon build), making Crowd Control Reduction secondary stats (ideally on helm, but can also roll on jewelry) very beneficial." Maybe these should be explicitly written on the table of stat priorities?

4) Why does the Star Pact group variation does not have a page on its own (since it's written in the same format as all other "variation builds" of this website)?

Also, the Tal Rasha speedfarming page's last section, Adapting Kanai's Cube, says "Firebird" where it should say "Tal Rasha."

Guest Hocus

For the speed farm variant.. You wear the Nilfur's Boast instead of cubing it, so what goes in the cube for armor?

Guest FrankPlane

Regarding your firebird set guide, you only have 2 fire causing attacks on the skill page (meteor and arcane torrent). How are you getting the 3 stacks required to get to 3000% damage? 

6 hours ago, Guest FrankPlane said:

Regarding your firebird set guide, you only have 2 fire causing attacks on the skill page (meteor and arcane torrent). How are you getting the 3 stacks required to get to 3000% damage? 

The rune for magic weapon gives the 3rd fire damage. 

9 hours ago, Guest FrankPlane said:

So does that proc off the frost nova then?

No. Frost Nova - Bone Chill serves another purpose - Crowd Control and an additive 33% increase in damage against mobs in melee range, made almost constant up with the Halo of Arlysle Ring. As far as i know, it does not classified as an attack, so it cannot procs "on attack" items and skills. 

The magic weapon buff's Ignite rune, however, is considered a fire damage ability, which procs the firebird set bonus. It is automatically applied by your attacks - respectively, Arcane Torrent and Meteor. 

The Star Pact build for 4-man groups (as AoE damage dealer) is still viable in S17? Is it still classified as "High Tier"? Also, I noticed in its table of stat priorities "Fire damage" for bracers and amulet: but isn't Star Pact damage type Arcane? Am I missing something?

Guest Hellcat5

I have a question.  As far as I know, stun and freeze are two separate status effects.  Ancient Parthan Defenders reduce incoming damage based on enemies stunned around the player.  Seems to me that Legendary mod won't trigger from the kit for Meteor spam lord.  Thoughts?

On 8/11/2019 at 7:49 AM, Guest Hellcat5 said:

I have a question.  As far as I know, stun and freeze are two separate status effects.  Ancient Parthan Defenders reduce incoming damage based on enemies stunned around the player.  Seems to me that Legendary mod won't trigger from the kit for Meteor spam lord.  Thoughts?

In this game, frozen enemies are also considered stunned (and chilled enemies are considered slowed).

Guest How to play?

How to play this build? I got everything ancestral and with 100 caldesam stil cant play well

Guest Fenris

Is there an updated build for this now that Etched Sigil has been ruined?

I'm curious about an update too?  The updated Mempo of Twilight should make this more powerful, right.