FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Patch 8.1.5 Build 29352: Highlights

USmPG3d.jpg

This week's 8.1.5 Build 29352 brings Kul Tiran & Zandalari /dance animations, a new Horde mount, Draenor Timewalking testing, and more.

Highlights

• Kul Tiran Humans and Zandalari Trolls now have new backgrounds on the character login screen.
  • Kul Tiran & Zandalari Troll /dance animations have been added.
  • An overview of the latest Class changes can be found here.
  • Blizzard added a new Horde horse mount to the game.
  • Warlords Timewalking has been enabled for testing. We looked at the vendors, their locations, wares, and a possible date for the event earlier today.
  • Crucible of Storms loot has been added.
  • You will be able to send War Resources over to your alts in Patch 8.1.5 (Cache of War Resources Cache of War Resources).

Check out our Patch 8.1.5 content hub for more details!

Achievements

• Massive Tool Massive Tool - Craft a Tool of the Trade from one of primary crafting professions.,Massive Tool
  • Two Sides to Every Tale Two Sides to Every Tale - Complete the following achievements on the continents of Zandalar and Kul Tiras.
    • Mount Reward: Bloodflank Charger and Ironclad Frostclaw

Adventure Journal

• Bonus Event: Timewalking,Timewalk through Warlords of Draenor dungeons for the duration of this Bonus Event!,Join Group
  • Bonus Event: Timewalking,Timewalk through Warlords of Draenor dungeons for the duration of this Bonus Event!,Start Quest

Broadcast Text

Broadcast text for the Kul Tiran Intro and Xal'atath has been added.

• "A fair exchange. Shadows guide you, my dear friend."
  • "Hear me, God of the Deep! I have brought you the Opener... the Bringer of Truths... the Torch That Lights the Way!"
  • Honor our bargain... free me to find my own fate!
  • Go... but the blade must remain... to serve my will.
  • "I have dreamed your destiny, mortal."
  • The hour is close at hand.
  • Every Kul Tiran shares a bond with the sea.
  • "For a time, we let fear and distrust divide us."
  • "Today, Kul Tiras proudly flies the Alliance flag once more. Whatever awaits us on the horizon, we will face it... together."
  • "From the tides, we draw our strength. Our courage."
  • "Lost in a storm of doubt, we forgot what it meant to stand as one people."
  • As one family.

Global Strings

• SPELL_FAILED_CUSTOM_ERROR_395,Can only be used on Hati.
  • WAYPOINT_BEST_ROUTE_TOOLTIP,Best Route
  • FACTION_NEUTRAL,Neutral
  • SPELL_FAILED_CUSTOM_ERROR_396,You already have an Iwen's Enchanting Rod
  • SPELL_FAILED_CUSTOM_ERROR_397,You already have a Mallet of Thunderous Skins
  • SPELL_FAILED_CUSTOM_ERROR_398,Can only be used on Inert Tide Watchers or Inert Voodoo Masks.
  • NEW_ALLIED_RACE_NOTIFICATION,NEW
  • YOU_LOOT_MONEY_MOD,You loot %s (+%s)
  • LOOT_MONEY_SPLIT_MOD,Your share of the loot is %s (+%s)
  • CLUB_FINDER_WHISPER_OFFICER,Whisper Officer
  • CLUB_FINDER_REPORT_FOR,Report For:
  • CLUB_FINDER_REPORT_NAME,Inappropriate Name
  • CLUB_FINDER_REPORT_DESCRIPTION,Inappropriate Description
  • CLUB_FINDER_REPORT_SPAM,Spam
  • WAYPOINT_TOOLTIP_MORE_QUESTS_FORMAT,and %s more quests
  • CLUB_FINDER_REQUEST_TO_JOIN,Request to Join

Items

Crucible Raid Loot

Toys

War Resources

All items added to the game in the latest build can be found here.

Mounts

• Bloodflank Charger - Rewarded from Achievement: Two Sides to Every Tale
    • Flavor text: "Stolen from the Arathi Basin stables, this fire-hearted charger now steeds for the Horde."
  • Ironclad Frostclaw - Rewarded from the Achievement: Two Sides to Every Tale
    • Flavor text: "Captured in the snows of Alterac Valley, this bloodthirsty hunter now roars for the Alliance."

Spells

WorldSafeLocs

• 7.1.5 Holiday - Balloons - Balloon Safe Loc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Soo, in the next "big patch" we get 2 new races that we were promised years ago and 2 achievement + a toy. Oke Blizz. Nice. Even Bungie adds more content with the god damn annual pass and they dont require 13€ a Month

40 minutes ago, Rooach said:

Soo, in the next "big patch" we get 2 new races that we were promised years ago and 2 achievement + a toy. Oke Blizz. Nice. Even Bungie adds more content with the god damn annual pass and they dont require 13€ a Month

The only time they said Kul Tiran/Zandalari were coming at launch was when it was announced. Ever since they knew the date it was 8.1.5 and they have perfect reasoning as to why it's been this long. You know these .5 patches are meant to be minor, not "big patch", no one has ever called it that. These patches are deliberately meant to be small, minor additions to the game not huge amounts of content.

• Thanks 1

BFA = adds hundreds of pets, supposedly will be adding a pet "bag" limit increase for 1000 polished pet charms.

grind islands, get pets.

lots of new capturable ones too

3 patches in... no pet cap increase.

Who the hell is making this game?  do they even play the fucking thing?

48 minutes ago, dsc said:

BFA = adds hundreds of pets, supposedly will be adding a pet "bag" limit increase for 1000 polished pet charms.

grind islands, get pets.

lots of new capturable ones too

3 patches in... no pet cap increase.

Who the hell is making this game?  do they even play the fucking thing?

Pocket Pet Portal

Youve already maxed that out??

Edited by PatrickHenry

3 hours ago, leapingshadow said:

The only time they said Kul Tiran/Zandalari were coming at launch was when it was announced. Ever since they knew the date it was 8.1.5 and they have perfect reasoning as to why it's been this long. You know these .5 patches are meant to be minor, not "big patch", no one has ever called it that. These patches are deliberately meant to be small, minor additions to the game not huge amounts of content.

People are devoted to being angry about Zandalari/Kul'tirans. The narrative is supposedly they're "the selling point of the expansion" which let's face it, if the ONLY reason you're getting an expansion is the allied races, those are some odd priorities. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for them too but it's hardly the reason I got the xpac

7 hours ago, PatrickHenry said:

Pocket Pet Portal

Youve already maxed that out??

I'm close to hitting it myself.

Unique Pets: 1002
Total Pets: 1477

The only reason I'm below the 1500 limit is I did a massive prune of my collection removing duplicates and even only keeping memorable pets and those that are really useful for battling in the dungeons where you can't heal (so having dupes is very good) I'm struggling to keep under it.

Honestly it would be nice if they raised the cap to 2k or even 2.5k

5 hours ago, Aegrotat said:

People are devoted to being angry about Zandalari/Kul'tirans. The narrative is supposedly they're "the selling point of the expansion" which let's face it, if the ONLY reason you're getting an expansion is the allied races, those are some odd priorities. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for them too but it's hardly the reason I got the xpac

You've got a point but honestly the reason I pre-ordered BFA day 1 was the Zandalari. I wanted to be a ZT Druid so bad for so long I instantly purchased it but it has dragged on so long I've lost any excitement for it.

Edited by tkioz
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, tkioz said:

I'm close to hitting it myself.

Unique Pets: 1002

After you mentioned it I had to check myself.  While I dont consider myself an avid collector i like to think i do more than most, an ive only 877 unique pets!  

Honestly it would be nice if they raised the cap to 2k or even 2.5k.

Im not against that at all.  Another thing purchaseable with pet charms.  But I suppose they have to stop somewhere and just arent there yet.  

You've got a point but honestly the reason I pre-ordered BFA day 1 was the Zandalari. I wanted to be a ZT Druid so bad for so long I instantly purchased it but it has dragged on so long I've lost any excitement for it.

I know a lot of people in that boat.  I remember the initial push for them made it seem like it was going to be day one, but everything after said they would not be immediately available.  I get their logic behind it also, proving yourself etc.  

14 hours ago, PatrickHenry said:

After you mentioned it I had to check myself.  While I dont consider myself an avid collector i like to think i do more than most, an ive only 877 unique pets!  

Yeah they add up quickly and honestly there are so many in the game the 1500 limit is very low. Of course a lot of people like to mock pet/mount/toy collectors and so on, but they are nice side part of the game for those of us who enjoy it and consumes very little development time.

14 hours ago, PatrickHenry said:

I know a lot of people in that boat.  I remember the initial push for them made it seem like it was going to be day one, but everything after said they would not be immediately available.  I get their logic behind it also, proving yourself etc.  

I mean I understand their logic but it's getting a bit tiresome at this point. I'm not one of those players that are outraged by everything Blizzard does. Yes BFA has its flaws, but if I wasn't having fun I wouldn't be playing. I just they were better at communicating things to us, we shouldn't need aggregator sites to tell us things and frankly the delays on flagship content (which the allied races are) need to explained clearly and in a way that is very hard to miss. That means on the main WoW website not twitter.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tkioz said:

That means on the main WoW website not twitter.

Fair, but even now we're communicating on a third party website, I assume because it offers us both things we want from it.

I kno this is where I find out virtually ALL of my wow info, other than word of mouth.

I just know the information about allied races was out long ago, and perhaps its because im a pretty avid player that i knew about it so quickly, but the information was definitely available for quite a long time even before launch.  

1 hour ago, PatrickHenry said:

Fair, but even now we're communicating on a third party website, I assume because it offers us both things we want from it.

I kno this is where I find out virtually ALL of my wow info, other than word of mouth.

I just know the information about allied races was out long ago, and perhaps its because im a pretty avid player that i knew about it so quickly, but the information was definitely available for quite a long time even before launch.  

Fan sites have their place but the over reliance on them by Blizzard is not a positive thing. They need a central place to release news and detailed information and stop expecting us to follow fifty bloody things.