FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Zandalari Troll Racial Nerfs Coming Soon

35675-zandalari-troll-druid-forms-in-bat

Zandalari Trolls currently have the most powerful and versatile racials out of all races in World of Warcraft. Patch 8.1.5 nears release and we still haven't seen any nerfs to Regeneratin' Regeneratin' or the Loa passives.

Regeneratin' Regeneratin' - Although this racial has seen nerfs already, paired with abilities that grant immunity (Divine Shield Divine Shield), the Zandalari Troll heals to 100% over 6 seconds on a 1.5 min cooldown, which is still overpowered. Throughout the 8.1.5 test cycle, Blizzard increased the channel to 6 seconds (from 4) and made it so that damage interrupts the channel.

Embrace of the Loa Embrace of the Loa is one of the most unique racials added to the game and requires player interaction. There are 6 shrines within Dazar'alor, each granting a different and powerful passive effect, which can be changed every 5 days. Other racial abilities like Night Elves' Touch of Elune Touch of Elune currently pale before the powerful effects of the shrines.

• Embrace of the Loa Embrace of the Loa - Choose your Loa to gain a powerful effect.
    • Embrace of Akunda Embrace of Akunda - Your healing abilities have a chance to heal their target for damage.
    • Embrace of Bwonsamdi Embrace of Bwonsamdi - Your damaging abilities have a chance to deal damage Shadow damage and heal you for 100% of the damage done.
    • Embrace of Gonk Embrace of Gonk - Increase movement speed by 5%.
    • Embrace of Kimbul Embrace of Kimbul - Your damaging abilities have a chance to cause the target to bleed for [ 3.000 * damage ] over 6 sec. This effect stacks up to 3 times.
    • Embrace of Krag'wa Embrace of Krag'wa - Taking damage has a chance to grant you health additional Health and Armor.
    • Embrace of Paku Embrace of Paku - Your abilities have a chance to grant you 4% critical strike for 12 sec.

Community Manager Kaivax confirmed on the official forums that nerfs are planned for Zandalari racials in future 8.1.5 builds.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

So, it has been multiple weeks since the racials came out and everyone assured me that the troll racials were so OP they would “obviously” be nerfed.

I am still waiting…

Not only is regeneratin’ extremely OP…but the LoA blessing is also very OP.

Take Embrace of Bwonsamdi (Your damaging abilities have a chance to deal [Attack power * 0.25 * 1 * (1 + Versatility)] Shadow damage and heal you for 100% of the damage done.)

Compare this to the Night Elf racial of 1% to crit…yeah.

Blizz. You don’t have much time left. Show us that you are not completely inept and nerf Zandalari racials already.

I’ve been following this subject quite closely throughout this PTR.

While I don’t think you’re going to see changes in the very next PTR build (coming … you know – “Soon”), I do think you’re going to see some further tuning in a PTR build after that.

I would usually move a thread like this one over to the PTR forum, but I think I’ll leave it here with this: As soon as I know exactly what’s been changed for testing, I’ll post about it in the PTR forum.

• Like 2

It's gonna end up with every Zandalari Troll's Loa ability dealing like, 5 damage, healing for 10, or give 1% movement speed. And that's at 120. Sure things needs to be fair and balanced, but I just don't trust they won't go massively overboard.

• Thanks 1

It'll obviously be nerfed after people have purchased race chang....I mean, after release when they've collected enough data to say definitively that there's a balance problem

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wow... "Show us you are not completely inept," is flat out disrespectful with their word choice...such a scummy thing to say towards the developers. It's unfortunate that someone who voices their opinion in such a negative way like that, is representative of the player base.

They obviously play Alliance ?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Maxkitty said:

Welcome to Beta for Azeroth

I too am very mad that they test things on the PTR and nerf them before they come to live. Like I get that people aren't happy with BFA but are you REALLY mad that they're nerfing something while it's still on PTR? That's literally the point of the thing

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Aegrotat said:

I too am very mad that they test things on the PTR and nerf them before they come to live. Like I get that people aren't happy with BFA but are you REALLY mad that they're nerfing something while it's still on PTR? That's literally the point of the thing

I'm just implying that they are so overpowered that it's confusing why they were added onto the PTR in such a broken state. I mean, they are so OP compared to other racials to the point where I wonder what was going through the balance team's minds during implementation. Yes, it's good this is on the PTR and not live, but the fact that it was released as powerful as it was is concerning; makes me wonder if they'll make the same mistake on live in the near future...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maxkitty said:

I'm just implying that they are so overpowered that it's confusing why they were added onto the PTR in such a broken state. I mean, they are so OP compared to other racials to the point where I wonder what was going through the balance team's minds during implementation. Yes, it's good this is on the PTR and not live, but the fact that it was released as powerful as it was is concerning; makes me wonder if they'll make the same mistake on live in the near future...

One thing:

PTR =/= released.

They test things there, PTR has never been balanced and I am completely sure they are aware of the fact that this should not got live but the priority to fix the numbers is low. It works (most important part) and tuning is the last thing to do before release.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 11:48 PM, Kurosu said:

Fun fact, if it was an Alliance race no nerfs would happen at all ? .

what are you talking about? Human's racial EMFH was nerfed to the ground, it is useless with a shared cooldown.