FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Zandalari Troll Racial Nerfs Coming Soon

35675-zandalari-troll-druid-forms-in-bat

Zandalari Trolls currently have the most powerful and versatile racials out of all races in World of Warcraft. Patch 8.1.5 nears release and we still haven't seen any nerfs to Regeneratin' Regeneratin' or the Loa passives.

Regeneratin' Regeneratin' - Although this racial has seen nerfs already, paired with abilities that grant immunity (Divine Shield Divine Shield), the Zandalari Troll heals to 100% over 6 seconds on a 1.5 min cooldown, which is still overpowered. Throughout the 8.1.5 test cycle, Blizzard increased the channel to 6 seconds (from 4) and made it so that damage interrupts the channel.

Embrace of the Loa Embrace of the Loa is one of the most unique racials added to the game and requires player interaction. There are 6 shrines within Dazar'alor, each granting a different and powerful passive effect, which can be changed every 5 days. Other racial abilities like Night Elves' Touch of Elune Touch of Elune currently pale before the powerful effects of the shrines.

• Embrace of the Loa Embrace of the Loa - Choose your Loa to gain a powerful effect.
    • Embrace of Akunda Embrace of Akunda - Your healing abilities have a chance to heal their target for damage.
    • Embrace of Bwonsamdi Embrace of Bwonsamdi - Your damaging abilities have a chance to deal damage Shadow damage and heal you for 100% of the damage done.
    • Embrace of Gonk Embrace of Gonk - Increase movement speed by 5%.
    • Embrace of Kimbul Embrace of Kimbul - Your damaging abilities have a chance to cause the target to bleed for [ 3.000 * damage ] over 6 sec. This effect stacks up to 3 times.
    • Embrace of Krag'wa Embrace of Krag'wa - Taking damage has a chance to grant you health additional Health and Armor.
    • Embrace of Paku Embrace of Paku - Your abilities have a chance to grant you 4% critical strike for 12 sec.

Community Manager Kaivax confirmed on the official forums that nerfs are planned for Zandalari racials in future 8.1.5 builds.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

So, it has been multiple weeks since the racials came out and everyone assured me that the troll racials were so OP they would “obviously” be nerfed.

I am still waiting…

Not only is regeneratin’ extremely OP…but the LoA blessing is also very OP.

Take Embrace of Bwonsamdi (Your damaging abilities have a chance to deal [Attack power * 0.25 * 1 * (1 + Versatility)] Shadow damage and heal you for 100% of the damage done.)

Compare this to the Night Elf racial of 1% to crit…yeah.

Blizz. You don’t have much time left. Show us that you are not completely inept and nerf Zandalari racials already.

I’ve been following this subject quite closely throughout this PTR.

While I don’t think you’re going to see changes in the very next PTR build (coming … you know – “Soon”), I do think you’re going to see some further tuning in a PTR build after that.

I would usually move a thread like this one over to the PTR forum, but I think I’ll leave it here with this: As soon as I know exactly what’s been changed for testing, I’ll post about it in the PTR forum.

• Like 2

It's gonna end up with every Zandalari Troll's Loa ability dealing like, 5 damage, healing for 10, or give 1% movement speed. And that's at 120. Sure things needs to be fair and balanced, but I just don't trust they won't go massively overboard.

• Thanks 1

It'll obviously be nerfed after people have purchased race chang....I mean, after release when they've collected enough data to say definitively that there's a balance problem

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wow... "Show us you are not completely inept," is flat out disrespectful with their word choice...such a scummy thing to say towards the developers. It's unfortunate that someone who voices their opinion in such a negative way like that, is representative of the player base.

They obviously play Alliance 😂

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Maxkitty said:

Welcome to Beta for Azeroth

I too am very mad that they test things on the PTR and nerf them before they come to live. Like I get that people aren't happy with BFA but are you REALLY mad that they're nerfing something while it's still on PTR? That's literally the point of the thing

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Aegrotat said:

I too am very mad that they test things on the PTR and nerf them before they come to live. Like I get that people aren't happy with BFA but are you REALLY mad that they're nerfing something while it's still on PTR? That's literally the point of the thing

I'm just implying that they are so overpowered that it's confusing why they were added onto the PTR in such a broken state. I mean, they are so OP compared to other racials to the point where I wonder what was going through the balance team's minds during implementation. Yes, it's good this is on the PTR and not live, but the fact that it was released as powerful as it was is concerning; makes me wonder if they'll make the same mistake on live in the near future...

• Like 1

Rare Patron
8 hours ago, Maxkitty said:

I'm just implying that they are so overpowered that it's confusing why they were added onto the PTR in such a broken state. I mean, they are so OP compared to other racials to the point where I wonder what was going through the balance team's minds during implementation. Yes, it's good this is on the PTR and not live, but the fact that it was released as powerful as it was is concerning; makes me wonder if they'll make the same mistake on live in the near future...

One thing:

PTR =/= released.

They test things there, PTR has never been balanced and I am completely sure they are aware of the fact that this should not got live but the priority to fix the numbers is low. It works (most important part) and tuning is the last thing to do before release.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 11:48 PM, Kurosu said:

Fun fact, if it was an Alliance race no nerfs would happen at all 🙂 .

what are you talking about? Human's racial EMFH was nerfed to the ground, it is useless with a shared cooldown.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      The first hotfixes of the reset are here and we have nerfs for the final two bosses of the Eternal Palace, Za'qul and Azshara, as well as some Operation: Mechagon tuning, in addition to several item and quest fixes!
      July 23 (source)
      Achievements
      Added some additional underwater wildlife for the Blackwater Behemoth achievement Intro to Marine Biology . Dungeons and Raids
      Azshara’s Eternal Palace Za’qul, Harbinger of Ny’alotha Players who enter the Delirium Realm are now immune to the effects of  Crushing Grasp for a few seconds. Fixed an issue that caused Arcane Intellect and Power Word: Fortitude buffs to be removed from players entering the Delirium Realm. Queen Azshara Players who are targeted by Charged Spear should no longer be valid targets of Static Shock. Players with Static Shock should no longer be valid targets of Charged Spear. Battle of Dazar’alor Stormwall Blockade Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Rogues who used Shadowstep on Laminaria to be ported behind the boss and into the Roiling Tides. Operation: Mechagon K.U.-J.0. Increased the time between Air Drop and Venting Flames by 5 seconds. Decreased the cooldown of Air Drop by 2 seconds. Increased the size of the safe zones behind the Junk Cubes that prevent players from taking damage from Venting Flames. Items
      The Cursed Lover's Ring damaging debuff no longer interrupts its wearer from consuming food or drink items. Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Remote Guidance Device ’s on-use effect to trigger twice. Fixed a bug that sometimes Gloves of Incomparable Beauty ’s proc effect to break its wearer out of stealth. Heart of Azeroth Arcane Heart Fixed a bug that caused some damage and healing effects to go uncounted by this Azerite Trait. Damage and healing counted to activate Omnipotence is no longer counted while Omnipotence is active. Quests
      Players who are on both "Shores of Fate " and "Payment in Kind " can now complete "Payment in Kind" properly. Fixed an issue where some Rogues could not interact with the injured soldiers required to complete "Fear No Evil ". World Quests
      The largest of Queen Azshara's prized jellyfish have been placated after stunning a great many players who missed their jumps occasionally, and will now allow players to jump on them more consistently during "Jumping Jellies ". Previous hotfixes.
    • By Stan
      We have 7 guilds sitting at Mythic Azshara right now, the Arcanite Heart Azerite trait hotfix is live and the events this week include Arena Skirmishes and the Comp Stomp PvP Brawl.
      Table of Contents 
      Mythic World First Race Hotfixes Mythic Keystone Affixes Weekly Quests Nazjatar World Boss World Events Mythic World First Race 
      We currently have seven guilds sitting at Mythic Azshara. US guilds are clearing Mythic Palace for the second time now. Maintenance is coming to EU on Wednesday.
      Hotfixes 
      We have a fresh round of hotfixes out with this week's maintenance. First, Blizzard's increasing tank threat generation tied to Essences and the second change is related to the Arcanite Heart Azerite trait.
      Mythic Keystone Affixes 
      This week's affix rotation includes:
      Fortified Sanguine Grievous Beguiling Weekly Quests 
      Win 10 Arena Skirmish battles for "The Arena Calls" to receive Aspirant's Equipment Cache, 750 Artifact Power, and 65 Conquest. Collect 36,000 Azerite from Island Expeditions for Azerite for the Alliance & Azerite for the Horde to receive 3,500 Azerite and 1,500 reputation with Honorbound/7th Legion. Nazjatar World Boss 
      Players can kill Ulmath, the Soulbinder located in Nazjatar this week. The boss drops ilvl 415 loot.
      Liara's Spire Tyr'mar's Greatsword Willbinder's Halberd Merciless Pincher Moon Priestess' Baton Netherdancer's Knife Temple Guardian's Saber Ulmath's Soulseeker Cloak of Restless Spirits Enthraller's Bindstone World Events [Return to Top]
      Arena Skirmishes Bonus Event (July 24th - July 31st)
      Blizzard (Source)
      Sharpen your swords and reinforce your boards, because you’re called to the PvP Arena for the hectic mayhem of Skirmishes.
      THIS WEEK: ARENA SKIRMISHES
      All week, from anywhere in Azeroth, open the Group Finder (default hotkey: i), select the Player vs. Player tab on the bottom of the window, and then under Casual, choose Arena Skirmish and JOIN BATTLE. You’ll be matched up with teammates and provided with opponents to kill in the Arena. You can also queue for a Premade group or create your own group within the Premade tab. 
      Look for the following all week long:
      Chronicler Shoopa in Zuldazar and in Boralus has a quest for you–The Arena Calls. Or, if you forget to pick it up there, you can start it from within the Adventure Journal. Quest requirement: Win 10 Arena PvP Skirmishes Reward: A PvP loot box Passive buff: +50% honor gains from Skirmishes If you’ve been looking to make some Honor gains, this is the week to do it!
      WHAT ARE BONUS EVENTS?
      The Bonus Events system consists of a rotating schedule of different activities, currently scheduled to run each week beginning on Tuesdays. Each Bonus Event grants a passive bonus to a particular game activity and offers a once-per-event quest with a noteworthy reward for accomplishing a related goal. The in-game calendar can serve as your one-stop reference for the event schedule. The Adventure Guide also offers a direct link to active Bonus Events, allowing you to easily accept any associated quests.
      PvP Brawl: Comp Stomp (July 24th - July 31st)
      Blizzard (Source)

Jump into Arathi Basin for a head-to-head for battle against AI opponents in this classic battle.
      You can find a list of all world events for the month of July 2019 here.
    • By Starym
      Tanks are getting a threat boost in an upcoming hotfix (presumably today), through the Essence system. As the DPS specs gain quite a bit of damage with their essences, this caused tank threat to sometimes come out lacking, and so each essence slot unlock will now also increase threat generation for tank specs!
      Tank Threat (source)
      We’re working on a hotfix today that will cause all tank specializations to now generate additional threat, via increases granted at each of the three Essence slot unlocks.
      At each of the three Essence slot unlocks, damage-dealing specializations are gaining an increase in their damage output that is substantial enough to sometimes unintentionally disrupt tanking. This change should keep threat generation, relative to DPS, on par with where it was earlier in the expansion.
    • By Starym
      The last day of the US/OC reset was pretty uneventful for the top 2, but we did get a third contender for the title, and a very exciting one, as Asian guild Ji Tian Hong downed Za'qul World 3rd and joined Limit and Method on Queen Azshara! We now have all three regions represented in the top 3, which is just amazing, especially when you consider the 2 day disadvantage JTH had over the US and 1 day over EU.
      The highlight of the day was obviously the JTH kill, as they plowed through the raid, which started during the EU night on Wednesday, meaning it took them some 4 and a half days to get to the final boss, almost exactly the same as it took Method and half a day slower than Limit. The guild also did an interview with the Red Bull stream event and it was very informative:

Timestamp for mobile: 15:31:39
      We also got some more information on Limit's missing VoDs from Sunday, as it appears there is indeed some strategy hiding going on, as Limit also removed comms from their streams at the half way mark of their day. We also saw all VoDs from Sunday disappear, first from GM Max's channel, then Red Bulls, and then later from all other raiders as well. Now, it could be a simple raid composition/strategy hiding thing, or perhaps they discovered something very specific that they really don't want other guilds to find out remains to be seen, but it's certainly very interesting. Considering the US reset coming up soon this may indicate Limit have a really good strategy prepared but need more gear to pull it off, as they still pushed today to stay sharp, with no new low %, and also went back to farming more loot in Heroic splits for a while. Here's one of the lower tries of today, at 55%:

As for Method, no comms has been a thing since they started streaming their progress, but their VoDs are still there. They spent today going at Azshara fairly hard, only getting 5% lower then the previous day as a result, but definitely ironing out some strategy ideas and shoring up their execution. Here's their best pull so far, at 64.2%:

Timestamp for mobile: 10:38:40
      There were also two more Za'qul kills as the EU and Asia presence on Azshara grew, with Pieces and AFK R taking the final two top 5 spots on 7/8!
      And so the first week is done for the US/OC guilds and Limit will be heading for the re-clear later today, but will the second week's worth of gear be enough to push the boss 52% further down? Could we be looking at a 3-week, Kil'jaeden-style race this time around? In any case, it's about to get a whole lot more exciting as not only are Limit and Method whittling the boss down little by little, but JTH joined the fray and we have 3 resets coming up in the next 2 days, and we'll see just how big of a factor that extra gear is in the Palace.

• By Starym
      Eternal Palace Race Day 6: Method Catches Up, Azshara on 52%, Za'qul Comps
      Limit 7/8 World First + Azshara Mythic First Look
      Eternal Palace Race Day 4: Za'qul (Almost) Going Down
      Eternal Palace Race Day 3: The Court Disappoints, Za'qul Does Not
      Eternal Palace Race Day 2: 5/8, Method and Limit Exchanging the Lead
      Eternal Palace Race Day 1: 3/8 Down, Ashvane Stands + Kill Videos
      The Eternal Palace Mythic progress race has begun in the US and OC regions and we already have three bosses down, with 7 guilds on 3/8! Big Dumb Guild and Limit are fighting neck and neck at the very top at the moment and you can watch all the action live!
      This post will also be the main hub for our own coverage of the race, consisting of daily summaries, videos and updates on what's going on.

Blizzard has written up a post about the race, covering both the Method and Red Bull streaming events and you can also check out our previous posts on both events here and here.
      Race to World First (source)
      The race to see who can be the first to defeat Azshara in her Eternal Palace begins this week with the best of the best wading in to the depths of this epic raid to see who can make it across the finish line first and claim the World First!
      Live from Redbull’s Gaming Sphere
      Pieces and Limit, take to the big stage at the Red Bull Gaming Sphere on July 16 to begin their quest to be the first to defeat Queen Azshara in her Eternal Palace.
      All the action will be brought to you by world class broadcast talent, including Rich Campbell, Daniel ‘AutomaticJak’ Anzenberger, Caroline ‘Nagura’ Forer, Jack ‘Jacky’ Peters and more.

When: 
      Beginning Tuesday, July 16, Limit will start off the race at 8:00 a.m. PDT and will be followed by Pieces at 4:00 p.m. PDT on Wednesday, July 17. Where to Watch: Red Bull on Twitch Follow on Twitter: Red Bull Esports, Pieces, Limit Learn more on Redbull.com  
      Method's Live Stream
      Live from Take TV in Germany, gaming guild Method will be hosting 24/7 coverage of the race to world first in The Eternal Palace featuring multiple guilds from all over the world (including Alpha, Ji Tian Hong, Skyline, Aversion, From Scratch, vodkaz and Big Dumb Guild), more players onsite than ever before, your favorite WoW commentator line-up from the community, and much more!

When: 
      Stream begins at 6 a.m. with a pre-show event on Tuesday, July 16. Where to Watch: Live on Method's Twitch Channel Follow on Twitter: Method Learn more on Method.gg
      Whose team has what it takes to take it all the way to Queen Azshara and defeat her within her seat of power? Only time will tell.
      The race has begun and this is where you can check out links to all our daily summaries.