FORUMS
Zadina

Tavern Brawl: Brawl of Champions - Round Two

5HAHnUO.png

The second week of this Tavern Brawl includes a new round of Shrines for each class.

Last week, we had round one of the Rumble Run Shrines and decks being made available to play against real opponents. For this week, we have a second set of Shrines for Hearthstone's nine classes:

• Druid: Gonk's Mark - After you summon a minion, give it +1/+1.
  • Hunter: Halazzi's Hunt - Your minions have "Overkill: Cards in your hand cost (1) less".
  • Mage: Jan'alai's Progeny - Whenever you Freeze a character, put a Frostfire into your hand.
  • Paladin: Shirvallah's Vengeance - After your hero takes damage, deal 5 damage to the enemy hero.
  • Priest: Bwonsamdi's Covenant - Healing enemies damages them instead.
  • Rogue: Pirate's Mark - After you cast a spell, cast it again (on the same target).
  • Shaman: Krag'wa's Lure - After you Overload, give your minions that much Attack.
  • Warlock: Dark Reliquary - Whenever you discard a card, summon a random Demon.
  • Warrior: Akali's War Drum - After you summon a Dragon, reduce the cost of Dragons in your hand by (1).

Paladin seems to be king once again: its Shrine is completely busted, to the point that in the mirror match the game "bugs" out with both players killing each other. Other than that, Warlock is really good this week and the other classes are all pretty decent. The weakest one by far is Hunter with its deck being slow.

Good luck!

I enjoyed this round 2 as I did with the round 1. Last week Paladin was indeed very strong though I got more victory with Mage this time!

This has been one of the more fun brawls. I’ve played most of the classes this week and have managed to eek out (some sometimes quite surprising) wins with most of them. Had a great game playing the Warrior where the “revive 2 of your minions that died” card gave me a second shrine—ended up being able to play a bunch of big dragons for zero or one mana cost 😆

Edited by Trest
missed a word

the Paladin loa, whilst strong, was nowhere near as dominant this time around - with only 2 health, it was simply a case of keeping it locked in cooldown then dominating the board with minions whilst using your own loa. I found Druid was particularly effective this time around.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lemon1
      A new Legendary Warrior Minion has been revealed, marking the defeat of 25 million bosses in the Blackrock Crash Tavern Brawl.

The dust has barely settled after the Blackrock Crash Part 1, but the Hearthstone player base has already smashed through 25 million Tavern Brawl bosses and earned the fourth and final FIRE FEST-E.V.I.L. card reveal. Meet the new Warrior Legendary, Armagedillo.

It's a 6 mana 4/7 Beast with Taunt that gives +2/2 to every Minion in your hand at the end of your turn. It's reminiscent of Grimy Gadgeteer and Bolster - neither of which were played very often. Still, even under-appreciated mechanics like hand-buffing can be powerful on the right card.
      There aren't many great Taunt Minions in Warrior's arsenal right now, so this might be a sign that we can expect to see some in Saviors of Uldum.
      World of Warcraft players may recognize Armagedillo as a rare beast that spawns in the Uldum desert. It drops its tail as an item, which can be used as a mace. This one appears to have been kitted out with some serious ordnance by Blastmaster Boom.
      Check out our Saviors of Uldum hub for more info on the new expansion, plus all the latest card reveals.
    • By Lemon1
      (Times pictured are in BST)
      The full schedule of community card reveals for Saviors of Uldum has been added to the Hearthstone website.
      It's become standard during expansion buildups for Blizzard to give a few cards to popular content creators to share, and Saviors of Uldum will be continuing the tradition.
      The schedule includes a total of 51 cards to be revealed by various sources from across the Hearthstone community - you can click through a card to find out where it will be revealed. The first one will be shown on the Chinese streaming platform Huya on July 19th; the first English language card reveal looks to be on Firebat's Youtube channel on the same day.
      Alongside reveal times, we get to see snippets of artwork for the new cards, so let the speculation begin. (Is that Heistbaron Togwaggle in the artwork of the final card to be revealed?)
      In Rise of Shadows, streamers received their cards locked inside fiendish puzzle boxes. This resulted in some memorable solutions. Here's hoping we have more shenanigans to look forward to.
      Check out our Saviors of Uldum hub for more information on the expansion and every card revealed thus far.
    • By Lemon1
      The Plague card for Shaman has been revealed on Twitter, the third of four cards to be revealed as rewards for the FIRE FEST-E.V.I.L. community challenge.

The Plague card for Shaman has been revealed by the Hearthstone Twitter account: Plague of Murlocs!

This is the third card revealed as part of the FIRE FEST-E.V.I.L. community challenge. That means that in just five days, the Hearthstone playerbase has defeated around 19 millionBlackrock Crash bosses. Give yourselves a collective pat on the back. Don't stop just yet though; a fourth and final card will be revealed at 25 million boss wins (and this last one will be a Legendary).
      Plague of Murlocs itself is a pretty powerful-looking card. Shaman can't answer Mountain Giant + Conjurer's Calling with any real consistency right now, so this seems like a welcome answer - although it won't do much against opponents who are playing, well, Murloc Shaman. It could even be a buff to your own board in a pinch, since random Murlocs are probably better than Totems and 1/1s.
      Check out our Saviors of Uldum Hub to catch up on this weekend's other new card reveals, including yesterday's trio of 1-Health Paladin Minions.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Hint24's Legend Sacrifice Zoo deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Nicholena's Lucentbark Druid deck.