Jump to content
FORUMS
Sleete

Not Disenchantable ?

Recommended Posts

Now I know the basic core cards cannot be disenchanted or crafted - you get them all through packs or a levelling prize or whatever. and I have no problem with that concept at all.

However as your only allowed 2 of each card in play, it seems very short-sighted not to be able to disenchant extras.

eg. I have 2 Healing Touch AND a golden version making 3 - I  still can't disenchant any of them (preferably the gold one of course) as I presume it's a core card. ... My Brother has 4 Arcane Intellect: 2 normal, 2 Golden - Same problem.

Makes no sense to me, and it's not as if it's a difficult piece of coding to do, and would be logical as you can only use 2 anyway!

Rant Over 🙂

PS.. How many basic core cards are there anyway, and how do you know it;s a core card?

 

Edited by Sleete
made it make better sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That cards doesn't have a gem for their rarity. You unlock the golden version simple keeping playing, levelling the various heroes, and you can't disenchant them. So you'll end eventually with 4 copies (2 regular, 2 golden) of every card of the basic set.

You know they are basic because A) they don't have the gem and B) looking for the basic set on the collection.

 

To add on this, there are also other special cards that can't be disenchanted: they are unique cards that has been given to all players for some reason. C'thun is given to anyone buying their first Whisper of the Old God pack with 2x of the 2/3 cultist, and they can't be disenchanted. Marin the Fox isn't disenchantable neither.

Edited by Synesthesy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Synesthesy said:

That cards doesn't have a gem for their rarity. You unlock the golden version simple keeping playing, levelling the various heroes, and you can't disenchant them. So you'll end eventually with 4 copies (2 regular, 2 golden) of every card of the basic set.

Pointless, might have made sense if the Golden version had an added 'something', but as they are the same all it does is make your collection  bigger than it need be. with 50% of the basic core set wasted!

4 hours ago, Synesthesy said:

To add on this, there are also other special cards that can't be disenchanted: they are unique cards that has been given to all players for some reason. C'thun is given to anyone buying their first Whisper of the Old God pack with 2x of the 2/3 cultist, and they can't be disenchanted. Marin the Fox isn't disenchantable neither.

Well I can understand specials not being disenchantable, I take it you only get given one or two of them anyway,  of course as the Old Gods pack no longer exist, I can't get that anyway.

Thanks for the reply, as I indicated was more of a rant at a stupid system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sleete said:

Pointless, might have made sense if the Golden version had an added 'something', but as they are the same all it does is make your collection  bigger than it need be. with 50% of the basic core set wasted!

I don't know, personally I like the golden copies a lot.

What should Blizzard do? They can't introduce more cards after lvl 10 - because if you would get new cards at e.g. lvl 50 or 60, that would be a huge advantage for those players. -> Would be very bad.

Or should they give no cards at all? Sure, that would be possible - but giving you a golden copy which looks cool is WAY better. If you do not like the golden cards you ignore them. If you like them, you use them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, WedgeAntilles said:

If you do not like the golden cards you ignore them. If you like them, you use them.

It's  not that I don't like them, some look very cool, It's that they are - in my opinion - pointless.

Personally basic core or not I would allow the Golden ones to be disenchanted, yes even at the same rate as non golden core card if need be. 

Yes I know it will not change, Blizzard will certainly keep golden, they are popular, I just don't see the point myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sleete said:

It's  not that I don't like them, some look very cool, It's that they are - in my opinion - pointless.

Personally basic core or not I would allow the Golden ones to be disenchanted, yes even at the same rate as non golden core card if need be. 

Yes I know it will not change, Blizzard will certainly keep golden, they are popular, I just don't see the point myself.

Golden cards are cool. Or better, some players find golden cards cool. I personally don't use golden card, unless they are the only copy I own, because I prefer having all cards of the same quality (and I don't have a full golden collection, of course). So Blizzard is right on giving us golden copies of basic cards for free.

However, making golden basic card disenchantable would give everyone a huge pile of dust. This isn't a thing Blizzard would do for free, as buying dust (through buying card packs) is their main sell and the core of Hearthstone's business model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Synesthesy said:

However, making golden basic card disenchantable would give everyone a huge pile of dust. This isn't a thing Blizzard would do for free, as buying dust (through buying card packs) is their main sell and the core of Hearthstone's business model.

yep I see that about the dust - how about an option to just delete the card, - that wouldn't cause a problem - or make them invisible!.

I'm guessing this is a  question made at least once a year, without it changing.... ah well 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deleting a card is not as easy as it may sound. You would have to program some complete new source-code.

And make sure that there is no loophole in it. And make sure that you can't delete by accident. Maybe even a "redo" option.

Hearthstone doesn't have a "delte" option. It's not like Windows-Explorer - you can delete files in windows without any problems because this feature already exists.

It would be quite some work - for (sorry) absolutly nothing. If you don't like the golden copies just ignore them. 

No harm in them. And it doesn't realy "fill" your deck. If you play for a while you have tons of cards. A few golden copies of existing cards hardly matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

 

No harm in them. And it doesn't realy "fill" your deck. If you play for a while you have tons of cards. A few golden copies of existing cards hardly matter.

Oh I know and understand that, and I don't expect any change and that I will have to live with it, as I said just on a personal note I see no point - I'm no fan of that sort of thing,

for example in RIFT & WoW they have Costume set-ups, no stats you just look pretty. World of Tanks, you can make the tank look pretty, no stats again - what's the point ? 

as I said it's just my personal view on these things, all I see is data space used for trviality. However I do understand that people do like to keep  and use the Golden ones, fine by me... look pretty when I kill you, lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...