FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

LoN Solo Skeletons Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)

This thread is for comments and feedback about our LoN Solo Skeletons Necromancer build guide.

There's a placement mistake in the armor pieces, the weapon has the 2nd ring replacement for S17.
"Weapon: Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang (or Krysbin's Sentence in Season 17)"

Edited by TheRealTecknos

8 hours ago, TheRealTecknos said:

There's a placement mistake in the armor pieces, the weapon has the 2nd ring replacement for S17.
"Weapon: Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang (or Krysbin's Sentence in Season 17)"

Will fix it, thanks!

• Like 1

Guest Confusion

Confusion between introduction section showing Trag’Ouls Corroded Fang as the primary weapon and Spear of Jairo as the Kanai Cube selection however the Gear, Stats and gems section shows the opposite

Guest BloodRed Necromancer

Why do you not use Heart of Iron in this build?

7 hours ago, Guest BloodRed Necromancer said:

Why do you not use Heart of Iron in this build?

The build have more than enough damage as it is and when you're going 120GR+ you need to prioritize survivability.

The Hexing Pants of Mr. YanHexing Pants of Mr. Yan gives a larger damage boost than Heart of IronHeart of Iron so no more slots.

Guest Erik

S17 recommends Krysbin's Sentence and says to use Ice Golem and Dislocation to freeze and stun.  But your damage comes from your pets' Thorns, and stunned or frozen enemies are not able to hit your pets to trigger the Thorns, no?

Guest Thorns

Strength gems help with thorns? Shows str gems in armor. 

Just a couple of things:

1) In the Introduction page, Spear of Jairo is cubed and Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang worn, while in the Gear page is the opposite: maybe the two pages should be made coherent.

2) In the Gear page it is written: "As a rule of thumb, focus on Thorns, Increased Attack Speed and Cooldown Reduction". However, Coolown Reduction is not mentioned as a recommended stat for Shoulders (where we find Life %), Amulet (probably because IAS is better), Weapon and Off-hand (where we find Vitality and Increased Damage vs. Elites). Am I missing something?

Guest Damage Range

Why is the damage range on the weapon a thing for this thorns build?

Guest Covenguy

This may sound like a stupid question, but with this build, how do I destroy weak doors to progress through dungeons? There is no direct attack ability.

Guest Rekonsile

Maybe I'm playing this wrong but the damage is so low on this build.

16 hours ago, Guest Covenguy said:

This may sound like a stupid question, but with this build, how do I destroy weak doors to progress through dungeons? There is no direct attack ability.

You need to use Command Skeletons.

Guest Bladerlucker

Why not using Mask of Jeram and/or Tasker and Theo?

1 hour ago, Guest Bladerlucker said:

Why not using Mask of Jeram and/or Tasker and Theo?

Mask of Jeram is Witch Doctor only. 

Your skeletons act as a meat (?) shield that deals Thorns damage upon being hit, their Attack speed does not matter. 

17 hours ago, Yolo said:

their Attack speed does not matter.

I know for Witch Doctor that Attack Speed is added as a pet damage multiplier and I assumed Necro worked the same way since the items have Attack Speed as stat priority over thorns on some items.

The build also prioritize Command Skeleton dmg% which I interpret as thorns dmg given off the skeletons would be enhanced by. If that theory is true then perhaps the Attack Speed pet dmg multiplier would work the same way?

Could use some further explenation on this @Deadset @Blainie

Edited by Arkpit

Maybe i am wrong, but i think it's your attack speed bonus stat pets benefit from as damage, while Tasker and Theo actually makes them attack faster. This theory is supported by the fact that no guide mentions Tasker and Theo as a damage increase, but as an attack speed increase. From the Carnevil WD build:For the gloves, Tasker and Theo Tasker and Theo are an all-round desired option for a pet-oriented build, as they increase your pet attack speed by up to 50% and lead to lightning-fast Big Bad Voodoo Big Bad Voodoo resets.

(Starmetal Kukri reduces CD each time your Fetishes do damage, and the only way this can work out if their actual rate of attacking is faster. 

Or take for example, Sentry DH. Sentries are stationary pets in the game's mechanic, and they benefit from enforcer leg gem. But they do not gain damage increase from TnT. 

Or maybe it was changed patches ago, most likely when pets began to benefit from AD. 

But its easy to test out. Cube TnT and then see What happens to pet' s damage. 

11 hours ago, Yolo said:

Maybe i am wrong, but i think it's your attack speed bonus stat pets benefit from as damage, while Tasker and Theo actually makes them attack faster.

I agree with you completely here, this is how I assumed it works as well. I was thinking about the AtkSpd% rolls in combination but I realized later that you specifically only talked about TaT.

I assume the Command Skeleton % and Attack Speed % both can simply be seen as "Damage %" regarding things happening to your skellies but I can see how this causes confusion reading the guides stat-priorities for newer players.

• Thanks 1

Guest TheDocLives
On 5/25/2019 at 10:11 PM, Guest Thorns said:

Strength gems help with thorns? Shows str gems in armor. 

This.

I understand that the Str gems will help boost armor but from what I have read online isn't thorns boosted by primary stat (int in this build) so a spread of both would work better?

On 5/21/2019 at 1:22 AM, Arkpit said:

The Hexing Pants of Mr. YanHexing Pants of Mr. Yan gives a larger damage boost than Heart of IronHeart of Iron so no more slots.

Can you please explain the math of this?  With an even split (or even full commitment) of Vitality paragon, would Heart of Iron ever overcome Hexing pants? You have to stop moving (even just for a second, but still) to throw curses which always bugs me with HOPMY, is the math close enough that HoI is even competitive?

Like I'm not saying you're wrong, it just melts my brain when I try to figure out why HPOMY is better than HOI if we assume an even split of int and Vit in paragon.

Edited by Omedon

Guest Bladerlucker

What about the brigg's wrath ring? Could this be a good alternate?

5 hours ago, Omedon said:

Can you please explain the math of this?

The short version is that Hexing Pants of Mr. YanHexing Pants of Mr. Yan is an individual multiplier where Heart of IronHeart of Iron extra thorns is added damage.

Here is an example of the difference with truncated numbers:

Say your total thorns damage is 100 but your total damage value is 1000. HoI extra vit might change the 100 to 130 for some added thorns but your total value (depending on lots of synergy ofc) might just bump that value to 1050.
Hexing pants with it's own multiplier will take the total damage value and go 1000 * .25 for a new total value of 1250.

An ingame value example for my LoN mages last night was that when standing still my sheet damage was around 1 million but while moving it was 1.7 million.

• Like 1