FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

LoN Solo Skeletons Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)

4 hours ago, Arkpit said:

The short version is that Hexing Pants of Mr. YanHexing Pants of Mr. Yan is an individual multiplier where Heart of IronHeart of Iron extra thorns is added damage.

Here is an example of the difference with truncated numbers:

Say your total thorns damage is 100 but your total damage value is 1000. HoI extra vit might change the 100 to 130 for some added thorns but your total value (depending on lots of synergy ofc) might just bump that value to 1050.
Hexing pants with it's own multiplier will take the total damage value and go 1000 * .25 for a new total value of 1250.

An ingame value example for my LoN mages last night was that when standing still my sheet damage was around 1 million but while moving it was 1.7 million.

Thank you for spelling it out!  Guess I’ll stick with the hexing pants.  I also thought after I asked here that multiplier bonuses not tied to density are kind of important for RG fights, where I can just curse once and run around for 100% uptime! ?

On 5/25/2019 at 5:11 PM, Guest Thorns said:

Strength gems help with thorns? Shows str gems in armor. 

I'm wanting clarification on this as well. The standard gems have me confused for this build. Does anyone have clarification? I've got Topaz in my gear for Chest/pants, and emerald for my weapon. Would really  like someone to explain the gem choice provided by the guide.

On 6/4/2019 at 12:54 PM, Savathar said:

So you put STR Rubies in Chest & Pants and Augment with INT?

Yeah I got that I'm supposed to (and I have done). I was more referring to the "why". Why is this better than gemming int/emerald?

48 minutes ago, Tweakfreak said:

Yeah I got that I'm supposed to (and I have done). I was more referring to the "why". Why is this better than gemming int/emerald?

I'm also asking ?

On 6/4/2019 at 5:33 PM, Tweakfreak said:

I'm wanting clarification on this as well. The standard gems have me confused for this build. Does anyone have clarification? I've got Topaz in my gear for Chest/pants, and emerald for my weapon. Would really  like someone to explain the gem choice provided by the guide.

Thorns cannot crit, so Emerald in weapon is useless. Strength is included in the damage calculation for Thorns, so it is very useful, as well as adding Armor.

• Like 2

Guest Yoica
On 6/8/2019 at 10:57 AM, Blainie said:

Thorns cannot crit, so Emerald in weapon is useless. Strength is included in the damage calculation for Thorns, so it is very useful, as well as adding Armor.

If I look in-game in my stats page and mouseover on Thorns it says 'Damage dealt is increase by a portion of your primary attribute'.

Wouldn't this suggest that INT is included in the dmg calculation for Thorns and not STR?

Can someone please clarify if this build works on console?  I play on switch, the damage has always felt slow, and I recently learned that the spear of Jairo is straight up bugged into ineffectiveness on consoles, and I learned this long after putting the time into assembling the build.  At just over 800 paragon and half my gear augmented I time out in mid 80 GRs and that feels way off from what others are describing.  Is that bug still a thing?

To be clear: I hear that the bug is that the extra thorns that the spear racks up from curses just doesn’t translate at all into arberrant animator.  Basically kills the build dead if true.

Edited by Omedon

Guest Bigred
On 6/9/2019 at 8:04 PM, Omedon said:

Can someone please clarify if this build works on console?  I play on switch, the damage has always felt slow, and I recently learned that the spear of Jairo is straight up bugged into ineffectiveness on consoles, and I learned this long after putting the time into assembling the build.  At just over 800 paragon and half my gear augmented I time out in mid 80 GRs and that feels way off from what others are describing.  Is that bug still a thing? 

To be clear: I hear that the bug is that the extra thorns that the spear racks up from curses just doesn’t translate at all into arberrant animator.  Basically kills the build dead if true.

I play on switch as well... my damage feels low... how did you see the spear is bugged ?

This feels like quite a lazy build, running around and not doing much combat. I love it.

But if I'm not attacking, how do I regain essence??

5 hours ago, Haquat said:

This feels like quite a lazy build, running around and not doing much combat. I love it.

But if I'm not attacking, how do I regain essence??

Spamming Devour.

The build isn't resource intensive at all, being that it focuses more on killing things with Thorns than with Skeleton Mages with Singularity (the Necro build I am more familiar with).

The only thing you will likely be doing at all that costs resources is activating Command Skeletons, which Devour spam should be more than enough to counteract.

12 hours ago, ParadigmEnigma said:

Spamming Devour.

The build isn't resource intensive at all, being that it focuses more on killing things with Thorns than with Skeleton Mages with Singularity (the Necro build I am more familiar with).

The only thing you will likely be doing at all that costs resources is activating Command Skeletons, which Devour spam should be more than enough to counteract.

That must've been where I was going wrong. Thank you. 

But what about the gems?? It says to use Red Gems in chest/legs, but Str isn't the Primary Stat of necros... I thought Thorns ran off Primary Stat??

Guest fkz

Hey there; having trouble to survive at gr 75 with this build... probably doing something wrong but frankly nearly everything os me on t16 which is kinda frustrating. Any tips? thanks!

Guest AlbBalk

What should we augment our ancient gear with for this build?

According to my tests, emeralds and rubies in the armor sockets have the same effect, i.e. increase of armor, but no impact on thorns damage. With basically this build, but using Heart of Iron and Steuart's Greaves, I did 6 level 80 greater rifts, three with five emeralds and three with five rubies. The time required (9-10 min) and the the perceived killing power were not different.  Since strength went from 77 to 1477, the impact of strength on thorns damage is negligible for a necromancer. Switching to five topaz (11,600 total Int) did improve perceived killing power and speed noticeably. 

With Heart of Iron my thorns was  about 175k. Switching my Aquila Cuirass out of the cube and using Hexing Pants instead did improve killing power and speed, despite the lower thorns value (down to 145k).

Dan

Edited by DannyBoy
add info on thorns for second config

Uncommon Patron

One of the recommended stats for Andariel"s Visage, in the guide, is thorns. No secondary stats show up for me to change at the enchanter only Primary and there are no Thorns offered. Is this a glitch?

Also, are Primals still available in seasons? I have 3 characters doing as high as solo gr 88, and I have not seen even one..useless, low level, no Primals seen at all. thanks

Guest Jon

This is such a half *filtered* updated guide there is too many things that don't make sense to even start making a list. Who's in charge of updating this *filtered* properly? 

13 minutes ago, Guest Jon said:

This is such a half *filtered* updated guide there is too many things that don't make sense to even start making a list. Who's in charge of updating this *filtered* properly? 

Do you have any feedback on what you found was incorrect? I can pass it on, but I can't do anything with your comment.

On 6/26/2019 at 6:07 AM, Haquat said:

That must've been where I was going wrong. Thank you. 

But what about the gems?? It says to use Red Gems in chest/legs, but Str isn't the Primary Stat of necros... I thought Thorns ran off Primary Stat??

Yes please can you speak to strength vs. Int on Necromancer thorns???  The guide appears to be wrong, according to many posts including some testing, but it would be great if you could directly confirm:

Doesn't thorns scale off of MAINSTAT which for a Necromancer is Int?  Therefore use Topaz, not Rubies in the armor?

Guest ...
On 5/27/2019 at 1:20 PM, Guest Covenguy said:

This may sound like a stupid question, but with this build, how do I destroy weak doors to progress through dungeons? There is no direct attack ability.

You can roll through or use command skeletons.

Guest Satiated?

How does satiated restore health. Wouldn't cannibalize be a better option for healing?

2 hours ago, Guest Satiated? said:

How does satiated restore health. Wouldn't cannibalize be a better option for healing?

Hey! Satiated is mainly means to extend your life pool, and a very strong tool at that. Life sustain in the build is relegated to your Command Skeletons (with the Dark Mending rune), as well as the combo of Thy Flesh Sustained on your Bone Armor and the Draw Life passive, which work wonders in big fights. You also have the option to alternate Frailty into Leech Cursed Ground, a lot of people push with that.

Guest Seppo

Hi,

I really like to know this topaz/ruby effect on thorns. Should I augment wich one?

Guest TTl
On 9/7/2019 at 5:55 AM, Guest Seppo said:

Hi,

I really like to know this topaz/ruby effect on thorns. Should I augment wich one?

this i would like to know too. augments

Guest Grym

I have the answer to the Strength or Intelligence for thorns question.

I started a game on an easier difficulty and turned on combat damage numbers and stood there and let simple mobs hit me. I noted the number for damage for thorns. I then added Strength gems to my armor and there was no change at all for thorns damage. A quick town portal and swapping the strength gems out and the intelligence gems in there was a noticeable increase in thorns damage.

Final Result: Strength gems only provide armor on this build and Intelligence gems provide more thorns damage!