Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vlad

[Archived] Arena Paladin Spreadsheet

12 posts in this topic

I got a 5/3 run using the recommended cards listed. Not bad, the deck felt pretty solid i quite enjoyed it came across some pretty strong opposition tho

I got a 5/3 run using the recommended cards listed. Not bad, the deck felt pretty solid i quite enjoyed it came across some pretty strong opposition tho

Hey!

This post is in reply to this, but also to your other Arena spreadsheet posts.

As I mentioned in other places on the forums, and in the spreadsheet itself, this isn't meant to be a "cheat code spreadsheet" to unlock the secret to 12 wins right away, which I know you know smile.png

The spreadsheet is helpful, as a tool, in a variety of situations.

If you're not an experienced Hearthstone (or other card game) veteran, then you need to start somewhere in deciding which cards are better than others. Given the high number of cards, and the sometimes hidden interactions between them, the spreadsheet helps out a lot with that.

If you're a very new player (either to Hearthstone or even to a certain class), it can help to quickly ensure that you build a deck that is quite viable, instead of one that is just bad.

Even for experienced players, the spreadsheet can help to settle some disputes that you might have when deciding between cards (though if you're super-dedicated, you'd probably build your own personalized spreadsheet at that point).

Now, for the downsides.

1) The spreadsheet does not directly account for your deck's theme, or for how many copies of a certain card you already have. Also, 2) there will often be card choices between several cards that are in the same tier, when the spreadsheet is not helpful. Finally, 3) the value of the cards, as listed in the spreadsheet, is highly dependent on your ability to use them "as they are meant to be used".

1) In this case, there is really no easy rule to apply. You will need to use intuition and experience to figure out if, for example, you should get a third Consecration or an Argent Protector (probably the Argent Protector). After a while, you're probably going to make some mental notes of these cases and not have to think too hard each time, but it's not always easy.

2) Similarly, you need to make these decisions more or less on your own. If your first pick in the deck is Defender of Argus, Knife Juggler and Aldor Peacekeeper, which one do you choose? It probably doesn't matter. But if it's the 28th pick, and you've got too few low-cost minions to make the Juggler effective, that changes things. Maybe you've also got two Sunfury Protectors, so the Argus taunts are less valuable. Little to no minion removal (Equality, Big Game Hunter)? Then you're going with the Aldor Peacekeeper. But the spreadsheet does not (and really cannot) tell you all of this.

3) This is something we're working on adding, but for now, you need to once again use your own intuition. Basically, Truesilver Champion is a Tier 1 card. It's AMAZING. But it's amazing because it allows you to take out 2 minions with 1 card. If you are using it to deal 8 damage to your opponent's Hero, while their board fills up, then you've used it poorly and in that case, it's not a Tier 1 card.

ALL of these things (and more) come into play to determine your Arena run outcome. But be sure that the more comfortable you get with the cards the spreadsheet deems good, the better your results will be over time.

Prior to coming to this website, i had a 8/3, 9/3 and 10/3 runs as my greatest feats in arena (in my first week of playing lol beginner's luck is awesome) all of this achieved with the hunter whom at the time (last month) i thought was the strongest hero in the game.

I've improved quite a bit in rank mode after being stuck in a perpetual rank 18. I am currently floating about ranks 12 to 9.

That said my arena runs have been in the gutter it seemed like the better i got at ranked play the worst i got at arena. So decided to check here and see why.

After careful consideration and some test games using the spreadsheets provided here I came to the same conclusions you posted. (which I had read all that the first time through) 

So do please post some breakdowns as i've been figuring this stuff out on my own and getting better. For example i've been wondering why is amani berserker so good for paladin? I can see the benefits it would give played by a mage who can fireball him and get the effect the following turn but for the other heroes i often wonder what the proper usage would be.

1) The spreadsheet does not directly account for your deck's theme, or for how many copies of a certain card you already have. Also, 2) there will often be card choices between several cards that are in the same tier, when the spreadsheet is not helpful. Finally, 3) the value of the cards, as listed in the spreadsheet, is highly dependent on your ability to use them "as they are meant to be used".

1) In this case, there is really no easy rule to apply. You will need to use intuition and experience to figure out if, for example, you should get a third Consecration or an Argent Protector (probably the Argent Protector). After a while, you're probably going to make some mental notes of these cases and not have to think too hard each time, but it's not always easy.

2) Similarly, you need to make these decisions more or less on your own. If your first pick in the deck is Defender of Argus, Knife Juggler and Aldor Peacekeeper, which one do you choose? It probably doesn't matter. But if it's the 28th pick, and you've got too few low-cost minions to make the Juggler effective, that changes things. Maybe you've also got two Sunfury Protectors, so the Argus taunts are less valuable. Little to no minion removal (Equality, Big Game Hunter)? Then you're going with the Aldor Peacekeeper. But the spreadsheet does not (and really cannot) tell you all of this.

3) This is something we're working on adding, but for now, you need to once again use your own intuition. Basically, Truesilver Champion is a Tier 1 card. It's AMAZING. But it's amazing because it allows you to take out 2 minions with 1 card. If you are using it to deal 8 damage to your opponent's Hero, while their board fills up, then you've used it poorly and in that case, it's not a Tier 1 card.

Edited by Akaitsuki

6/3 run after building the following deck from the spreadsheet. 

1x Humility
1x Abusive Sergeant
3x Leper Gnome
1x Equality
1x Amani Berserker
1x Sunfury Protector
1x Wyld Pyromancer
1x Sword of Justice
1x Aldor Peacekeeper
2x Blood Knight
1x Harvest Golem
1x Ironfur Grizzly
4x Truesilver Champion
2x Blessing of Kings
1x Consecration
1x Hammer of Wrath
1x Defender of Argus
1x Silvermoon Guardian
1x Frostwolf Warlord
2x Silver Hand Knight
1x Venture Co.Mercenary

Oddly enough in many of the games i was NOT drawing my weapons. The first game i barely won around turn 10 and didn't see a single weapon. I was pretty upset im like 'wtf i have 5 weapons how on earth haven't i drawn a single one yet!' 

I think i may have selected too many truesilver champions (they still came in VERY VERY handy) given that I also took 1 sword of justice (which was my last pick) my other option for the final pick was Lay of Hands. Think i should've gone with that instead since i already had 4 swords?

Lay on Hands would probably be a better addition to your deck than Sword of Justice. SoJ may be great, however having 4x Truesilver Champion is already an overkill :D

I consider myself lucky if I get 1 TSC :D

Tinkmaster Overspark belongs under 'terrible'. I object strenuously to it being included under 'good' cards. The only situation where it can be useful is:

A: No minions on the board.
B: You have a 1/1 minion on the board

C: Your opponent has an epic or massively brutal minion on the board and you have nothing.

In C; That 5/5 devilsaur is STILL going to cost you the game.

in any other situation, it is going to cost you the game. The card is literally worth nothing other than boosting your hand size for giants or drakes, and there are MUCH better cards that could be used for it.

In short, it is so situational that it is either a dead card or an 'I Lose' button.

Tinkmaster Overspark belongs under 'terrible'. I object strenuously to it being included under 'good' cards. The only situation where it can be useful is:

A: No minions on the board.

B: You have a 1/1 minion on the board

C: Your opponent has an epic or massively brutal minion on the board and you have nothing.

In C; That 5/5 devilsaur is STILL going to cost you the game.

in any other situation, it is going to cost you the game. The card is literally worth nothing other than boosting your hand size for giants or drakes, and there are MUCH better cards that could be used for it.

In short, it is so situational that it is either a dead card or an 'I Lose' button.

You are right, Overspark should not be ranked as highly. We're going to rectify this today (hopefully, or tomorrow). Thank you!

It appears that in your latest spreadsheet for Paladin, you are missing at least 2 common Neutral cards. I could not find either Wild Pyromancer or Deathlord.

It appears that in your latest spreadsheet for Paladin, you are missing at least 2 common Neutral cards. I could not find either Wild Pyromancer or Deathlord.

That's because they are rare, not common.

i play heartstone for less than 2 weeks and i just did a 9-3 arena run using mostly this and ur other guides.So a big thanks mate and good luck to all of u guys.Sorry for my low english.

i play heartstone for less than 2 weeks and i just did a 9-3 arena run using mostly this and ur other guides.So a big thanks mate and good luck to all of u guys.Sorry for my low english.

Congrats!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0