FORUMS
Stan

Patch 8.2: Conflict and Strife PvP Essence

42916-patch-82-heart-of-azeroth-updates.

An interesting new Essence has been added to 8.2 PTR yesterday called Conflict and Strife. It allows for the use of a single predetermined PvP talent for each Class in PvE and we have the full list.

If you're late to the party, check out our Heart of Azeroth Changes and the Introduction to Essences in Patch 8.2 to learn about upcoming changes to the system in Rise of Azshara.

Conflict and Strafe (8.2 Build 30495)

The Essence serves as a nice modifier, allowing each Class to use a predetermined PvP talent in PvE, which is different for each specialization.

Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual
1 Claim a weekly PVP War Chest in Season 3 or later. Conflict Strife Conflict Strife
2 Reach 1000+ rating then claim your next weekly PVP War Chest in Season 3 or later. Conflict Strife Conflict Strife
3 Collect Burgeoning Battlefield Furor from your weekly War Chest. Conflict Strife Conflict Strife
4 Reach the rank of Elite in the week then claim your next weekly PVP War Chest in Season 3 or later. Conflict Strife Conflict Strife

We datamined the following PvP talents related to Conflict and Strife in the latest 8.2 PTR build:

Death Knight Death Knight

• BloodUnholy Command Unholy Command -  Your Death Grip has two charges.
  • FrostChill Streak Chill Streak - Deals up to 6% of the target's total health in Frost damage and reduces their movement speed by 70% for 4 sec. Chill Streak bounces up to 9 times between closest targets within 6 yards.
  • UnholyNecrotic Strike Necrotic Strike - A vicious strike that deals [ 30% of Attack Power ] Plague damage, and converts 1 Festering Wounds into a Necrotic Wound, absorbing up to 7% of the target's maximum health in healing recieved.

Demon Hunter Demon Hunter

• HavocDemonic Origins Demonic Origins - The cooldown of Metamorphosis is reduced by 2 min, but now lasts 15 sec.
  • VengeanceCleansed by Flame Cleansed by Flame - Immolation Aura dispels all magical effects on you when cast.

Druid Druid

• BalanceMoonkin Aura Moonkin Aura - Starsurge grants 4% spell critical strike chance to 8 allies within 40 yards for 18 sec, stacking up to 3 times.
  • FeralLeader of the Pack Leader of the Pack - While in Cat Form, you increase the melee and ranged critical chance of raid members within 40 yards by 5%. Leader of the Pack also causes affected targets to heal themselves for 4% of their maximum health when they critically hit with a melee or ranged attack. The healing effect cannot occur more than once every 6 sec.
  • GuardianSharpened Claws Sharpened Claws - Maul increases the damage done by your Swipe and Thrash by 25% for 6 sec.
  • RestorationOvergrowth Overgrowth - Instantly applies Lifebloom, Rejuvenation, Wild Growth, and Regrowth's heal over time effect to the target.

Hunter Hunter

• All SpecsSurvival Tactics Survival Tactics - Feign Death removes all harmful magical effects, and reduces damage taken by 99% for 1.5 sec.

Mage Mage

• ArcaneArcane Empowerment Arcane Empowerment - Clearcasting can now stack 2 additional times, and increases the damage of Arcane Missiles by 5% per stack. Clearcasting no longer reduces the mana cost of Arcane Explosion.
  • FireFlamecannon Flamecannon - After standing still in combat for 2 sec, your maximum health increases by 3%, damage done increases by 3%, and range of your Fire spells increase by 3 yards. This effect stacks up to 5 times and lasts for 5 sec.
  • FrostConcentrated Coolness Concentrated Coolness - Frozen Orb's damage is increased by 10% and is now castable at a location with a 40 yard range but no longer moves.

Monk Monk

• BrewmasterHot Trub Hot Trub - Purifying Brew deals 30% of your purified staggered damage to all enemies within 10 yards.
  • MistweaverWay of the Crane Way of the Crane - Increases your Physical damage by 25%, you remove and become immune to all snare and root effects and you heal up to 3 nearest allies for 150% of all damage done. Lasts 15 sec.
  • WindwalkerReverse Harm Reverse Harm - Heals a friendly target for 8% of their maximum health, and causes 100% of the amount healed to instantly be dealt to the nearest enemy as Nature damage within 5 yards.

Paladin Paladin

• HolyDivine Favor Divine Favor - Your next Holy Light or Flash of Light is increased by 100%, costs no mana and is unable to be interrupted.
  • ProtectionSteed of Glory Steed of Glory - Your Divine Steed lasts for an additional 2 sec. While active you become immune to movement impairing effects, and you knock back enemies that you move through.
  • RetributionUnbound Freedom Unbound Freedom - Blessing of Freedom also increases movement speed by 30%.

Priest Priest

• DisciplinePremonition Premonition - Heals nearby targets within 20 yards for [ 75% of Spell Power ], and applies Atonement to yourself. Deals [ PS * BC1 ] Shadow damage to yourself for each Atonement you have active, and increases their duration by [ 5 + 0.1% of Spell Power ] sec.
  • HolyRapid Mending Rapid Mending - Prayer of Mending is now instant cast, and its jump range is increased by 10 yards.
  • ShadowVoid Origins Void Origins - Void Eruption is now instant cast.

Rogue Rogue

• All SpecsSmoke Bomb Smoke Bomb - Creates a cloud of thick smoke in a 8 yard radius around the Rogue for 5 sec. Enemies are unable to target into or out of the smoke cloud.

Shaman Shaman

• ElementalLightning Lasso Lightning Lasso - Grips the target in lightning, stunning the target and dealing O2% of the target's maximum health in Nature damage over 5 sec. Can move while channeling.
  • EnhancementRide the Lightning Ride the Lightning - If there are more than 2 enemies within 8 yards when you cast Stormstrike, you also cast a Chain Lightning on the target, dealing [ 50% of Spell Power ] Nature damage. Otherwise, you conjure bolts of lightning to up to 2 furthest enemies within 40 yards dealing [ 50% of Spell Power ] Nature damage.
  • RestorationAncestral Gift Ancestral Gift - You become immune to Silence and Interrupt effects for 5 sec after using Spiritwalker's Grace.

Warlock Warlock

• AfflictionEndless Affliction Endless Affliction - Your Unstable Affliction deals the same damage as normal, but its duration is increased by 6 sec.
  • DemonologyNether Ward Nether Ward - Surrounds the caster with a shield that lasts 3 sec, reflecting all harmful spells cast on you.
  • DestructionDemon Armor Demon Armor - Protects the caster, increasing maximum health by 10% and increases armor by 150%.

Warrior Warrior

• ArmsSharpen Blade Sharpen Blade - When activated, your next Mortal Strike will deal 15% increased damage and reduce healing taken by 50% for 6 sec.
  • FuryBattle Trance Battle Trance - You go into a trance causing you to regenerate 3% of your health and generate 5 Rage every 3 sec for 18 sec after using Raging Blow twice in a row on a target. Using Raging Blow on a new target will cancel this effect.
  • ProtectionThunderstruck Thunderstruck - Thunder Clap roots all targets for 1 sec.

Tuning

Note that this is the initial push of abilities for the Conflict and Strife Essence. Expect more tuning to follow in future 8.2 builds.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

It’s important to know – this is a preliminary look at this Essence. We’ll have changes to it in future PTR builds.

At this time, not all choices have been replaced or modified as needed to be acceptable in PvE.

I am really psyched for the way of the crane!
Hate that avenging wrath was pally only!

BUT!
It also in a way pushes monks in a fistweaving direction, what if someone does not want to? ONE pvp talent to rule them all?
What's worse:
I mean some are partly irrelevant while other force you to lean in direction to make use of it.
Chill streak looks pretty OP combined to retri's movement speed bonus ='D or hunter/rogue stuff, seems pretty lazy to retract from spec identify for one dps spec and not the other.
One spec gets 15% dmg bonus other spec gets 30% movement speed on a single ability? Really?

Edited by Koxsos

That list is very very wonky. Some of the talents chosen are insanely powerful, some of them are okay, and some are really really week. I mean look at the warlock ones and then look at the mage ones, very uneven. Then again maybe that will be fine given you'll have a lot of choice for essences.

I'm not looking forward to grinding the PvP for the PvE power though.

Ride the lightning will be fun in M+. *filtered* my enh is already broken and has 30-35K overall dmg in Dungeons

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stan said:

ProtectionSteed of GlorySteed of Glory - Your Divine Steed lasts for an additional 2 sec. While active you become immune to movement impairing effects, and you knock back enemies that you move through.

This will make me change from Ret to Prot main.  

This alone.  Now Gimme back muh Cavalier talent!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rooach said:

Ride the lightning will be fun in M+. *filtered* my enh is already broken and has 30-35K overall dmg in Dungeons

Saw hunters get Survival tactics and thought to myself great wtf did they give shaman then. Immediately became erect lol

3 hours ago, Borgoff33 said:

Survival Tactics ? are you shiiting me blizz could you have picked a more trash talent.. (awnser is no they picked the most trash one)

Saw that too and wondered why they are giving a class that can only dps an option that does no damage?

There is no way this list will go live this way, or this is NOT intended for actual PVE use. Rogue can probably break half the bosses ingame with this or else it wont work, which would be BS. Anythign mentioning % damage obviously cant work, Boomkin and Feral druid are INSANE, 12% spellcrit on 8 (or more depending on if it refreshes or starts new stacks when one group is capped) and 5% phys crit for everyone, with a heal to boot, this isnt balanced or really balancable IMO.

3 hours ago, Borgoff33 said:

Survival Tactics ? are you shiiting me blizz could you have picked a more trash talent.. (awnser is no they picked the most trash one)

Wait...

Iceblock on a 30 second CD is.. trash?

If this goes live, this will be a mandatory essence for Hunters - So many mechanics that you can just go "LOL NOPE"

1 hour ago, Labi132 said:

There is no way this list will go live this way, or this is NOT intended for actual PVE use. Rogue can probably break half the bosses ingame with this or else it wont work, which would be BS. Anythign mentioning % damage obviously cant work, Boomkin and Feral druid are INSANE, 12% spellcrit on 8 (or more depending on if it refreshes or starts new stacks when one group is capped) and 5% phys crit for everyone, with a heal to boot, this isnt balanced or really balancable IMO.

My raid group was looking at this in discord earlier and my RL said that if it went live like this Feral/Balance would become mandatory in every mythic raid, so I highly doubt they'll actually make it to live in this state, as the article itself said this is datamined untuned stuff.

That being said I've long looked at some of the PvP talents with envious eyes. The Frost Mage orb talent alone is an amazing QoL improvement as there is nothing worse than your orb getting stuck on a pebble twenty yards away from the boss.

I really like this idea, but we'll have to see how the tuning goes to see if it they'll be worth using.

7 hours ago, Stan said:

Demon HunterDemon Hunter

• HavocDemonic OriginsDemonic Origins - The cooldown of Metamorphosis is reduced by 2 min, but now lasts 15 sec.
  • VengeanceCleansed by FlameCleansed by Flame - Immolation Aura dispels all magical effects on you when cast.

Immolation Aura Icon Immolation Aura deals very high Fire damage to all enemies in an 8-yard radius instantly, and then also lower damage every second for 6 seconds. It has a 15-second cooldown (reduced by Haste) and it generates 20 Pain over the course of its 6 seconds. It is excellent for building threat in AoE situations  (Vengence)

Ok..........really not an ideal essence to be tied to this skill if most DH tanks use the skill to build threat and help pump dmg with relation to using Spirit Bomb :/

4 hours ago, tkioz said:

My raid group was looking at this in discord earlier and my RL said that if it went live like this Feral/Balance would become mandatory in every mythic raid, so I highly doubt they'll actually make it to live in this state, as the article itself said this is datamined untuned stuff.

That being said I've long looked at some of the PvP talents with envious eyes. The Frost Mage orb talent alone is an amazing QoL improvement as there is nothing worse than your orb getting stuck on a pebble twenty yards away from the boss.

I really like this idea, but we'll have to see how the tuning goes to see if it they'll be worth using.

Honestly some of these are so broken for some specs and garbage for others. As a fury main it sucks balls to see Arms get it's bis dmg talent as theirs and we get a tiny bit of rage and a small heal on fury which is very conditional. Pretty much useless outside of ST fights or bosses. As you said with the Frost mage Orb, I believe this system would be a lot better if everyone just got Qol talents or non dmg talents rather than making some class talents insane and others useless. Makes you feel *filtered* for playing what you enjoy if you didn't get lucky with which side of the rng blizzards random talent lands you on.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tkioz said:

Druids were always needed for the mark of the wild buf right. Or they were always mandatory. So this is great right?

2 hours ago, Glaiver said:

Druids were always needed for the mark of the wild buf right. Or they were always mandatory. So this is great right?

Err not to be rude but when was the last time you raided? Mark of the Wild briefly returned in the BFA Beta but it never made it back to live. The only buffs required for a raid team are Priest for Fortitude, Warrior for Battle Shout, Mage for Arcane Intellect, Monk for 5% physical damage debuff on mobs, and Demon Hunter for 5% magical damage debuff on mobs.

Oh you can make do with scrolls for the three buffs themselves, 7% vs. 10%, but they are expensive and a night of progress raiding can easily cost 10k for a single type of scrolls, but there is no replacement for the two damage debuffs. It's the reason that Demon Hunters were the single melee in the CoS race.

Honestly looking at the buff system as it stands now I'm more convinced than ever that Blizzard deliberately poison pilled the reintroduction. In case people aren't aware poison pilling is common in the business world, it's where you make yourself unattractive to take over by deliberately harming an asset.

This is what Blizzard did with the buff system, which players had been asking for back for years, they deliberately went out of their way to make it cumbersome and an mandatory in the hope that we'll ask them to remove it.

It's not like they weren't aware of the problems they were bringing since those were problems they already solved before removing the system. For example the Priest Fortitude buff provides health, but so did the Warlock Imp Pet, the two didn't stack, so you could have one, or both, in the raid as it fit your composition. The same thing for Blood Lust, it was Shaman only during TBC, which was a problem, so in Wrath they gave it to Hunters and Mages, solving the issue as surely a raid group will have one of the three in there somewhere.

The simplest thing to do would have been to spread the buffs and debuffs to at least two classes for each one and not have them stack, maximising the chances that a organically formed raid group will have them.

It reeks of deliberate sabotage to me, of course it could just be incompetence. Can't really tell with Blizzard these days.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Today, we're looking at new trade goods available from gathering Professions in Patch 8.2 which include Fishing, Herbalism, Mining, and Skinning.
      Fishing
      Sentry Fish can be converted into Spare Parts used in Mechagon. Viper Fish for the new feast in Cooking. Herbalism
      Zin'anthid is a new herb native to Nazjatar. It's used in:
      Alchemy to create new flasks and potions. Inscription (Mass Mill Zin'anthid) to create Maroon Pigment, required for Maroon Ink. Mining
      Osmenite Ore has been added in Patch 8.2 and is required in:
      Blacksmithing to craft new armor and weapons. Engineering to create new goggles. Jewelcrafting (Mass Prospect Osmenite) to get ahold of new gems. Skinning
      Cragscale & Dredged Leather are used to craft new items in Leatherworking. Other 8.2 Profession Previews
      Alchemy Blacksmithing Enchanting Engineering
    • By Starym
      Russian machinima makers Kambrio Machinima have recently translated their Hunters video to English. Made in Unreal Engine 4, using WoW assets, it tells the tale of a Human Hunter and a Forsaken Mage and their little discussion on life and un-life. There are some very impressive shots in the intro and the eventual fight is also well done.

There's also behind the scenes video, made in a pretty cool manner, as an in-world documentary:

The machinima makers have a bunch of videos on their channel you can check out as well, including this UE4 recreation of Lakeshire:

Source: r/wow.
    • By Starym
      There's been plenty of changes to the Nazjatar zone on the 8.2 PTR and we've updated our Nazjatar zone guide!
      First off, the quests have been beefed up, as there are many more present between the main steps for the zone, aka there are more quests between the introduction, getting to the essence quests for the Heart of Azeroth, the bodyguards etc. which makes the zone a lot more fleshed out. A lot of essences are now linked to quests and achievements instead of being vendor-bought, with an exception for the ones tied to specific reputations. The Laboratory of Mardivan event is now weekly. More cinematics added the battle for Nazjatar PvP event is now more fleshed out. For all of the details and new additions, head on over to our full Nazjatar zone guide, and keep checking back periodically, as it's going to keep getting updated.
    • By Stan
      In Patch 8.2, all Azerite powers will be unlocked instantly and the progression will shift into Essences that empower your Heart of Azeroth. Learn more about Essences in our Heart of Azeroth Essence guide!
      Table of Contents
      Introduction Components Ranks Heart of Azeroth Slots All Essences Introduction 
      We expect a big overhaul to the Heart of Azeroth in Rise of Azshara. As a result, Azerite powers will be unlocked instantly and progression is shifting to the neckpiece itself. You will be collecting Essences to gain active abilities and passives. You can find more details in the official preview.
      Components 
      All Essences have two components:
      Major Power Component: Mostly active abilities that are added directly to your spellbook. Note that there are some exceptions and for some Essences, the Major Power can be a passive effect. Minor Power Component: All minor powers are passive effects. Ranks 
      All Essences have four ranks, with the final one being of Legendary quality and purely cosmetic. You currently don't need to earn the previous rank to level them up, so you can learn a Rank 3 Essence immediately, before learning Ranks 1 & 2.
      Rank 1 [Azeroth's Undying Gift] provides an ability based on your role (tank, damage dealer, healer).  Rank 2 [Azeroth's Undying Gift] & Rank 3 [Azeroth's Undying Gift] enhance your Essence's Major & Minor Powers in some way. Rank 4 [Azeroth's Undying Gift] adds a flashy visual to the spell that will make you stand out. Heart of Azeroth Slots 
      The plan for Patch 8.2 is to have a single major slot and two minor slots. The second minor slot unlocks at Heart of Azeroth Level 65. An additional major slot will be added later in Battle for Azeroth.
      Major Slot
      If you insert an Essence into the slot, you will benefit from both its Major & Minor Powers. Minor Slot
      Only the Minor Power of an Essence will work when inserted in this slot.
      Note: You can't insert two of the same Essences into the Heart of Azeroth.
      All Essences 
      Here's a list of all Essences as of Patch 8.2 Build 30262.
      2. Azeroth's Undying Gift
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Claim a weekly PvP War Chest in Season 3 or later. Azeroth's Undying Gift Azeroth's Undying Gift Azeroth's Undying Gift Azeroth's Undying Gift 2 Reach 1000+ rating then claim your next weekly PvP War Chest in Season 3 or later. Azeroth's Undying Gift Azeroth's Undying Gift Azeroth's Undying Gift Azeroth's Undying Gift 3 Collect Burgeoning Battlefield Furor from your weekly War Chest. Azeroth's Undying Gift Azeroth's Undying Gift Azeroth's Undying Gift Azeroth's Undying Gift 4 Reach Gladiator in the week then claim your next weekly PvP War Chest in Season 3 or later. Azeroth's Undying Gift Azeroth's Undying Gift Azeroth's Undying Gift Azeroth's Undying Gift 3. Sphere of Suppression
      Swirling with heavy arcane energies, giving you a greater feeling of control.
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Complete the quest "Storming the Battlefields." Suppressing Pulse Sphere of Suppression Suppressing Pulse Sphere of Suppression 2 Vendor - Marshal Gabriel - Ashvane Docks Boralus
      Vendor - Xander Silberman - Mugambala
      Sphere of Suppression Sphere of Suppression Suppressing Pulse Sphere of Suppression 3 Collect Coalescing Blood of the Vanquished from PVP Island Expedition, Brawl, BG, and Epic BG Wins. Sphere of Suppression Sphere of Suppression Suppressing Pulse Sphere of Suppression 4 PVP Island Expeditions, Battlegrounds and Brawl wins in Season 3 or 4. Sphere of Suppression Sphere of Suppression Suppressing Pulse Sphere of Suppression 4. Worldvein Boon
      When Sargeras wounded Azeroth at the end of the third Burning Legion invasion, Azerite began to bleed from the planet.
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Complete the quest "Azerite for the Alliance" // "Azerite for the Horde" and the Mysterious Treasure Map Mission rewarded. Worldvein Boon Worldvein Boon Worldvein Boon Worldvein Boon 2 Combine fragments of Zem'lan's Lost Treasure Map from Island Expeditions, then complete the mission "Lost Treasure of the Pirate King". Worldvein Boon Worldvein Boon Worldvein Boon Worldvein Boon 3 Recruit a captain follower and complete the mission chain starting with "A Disturbing Rumor". Worldvein Boon Worldvein Boon Worldvein Boon Worldvein Boon 4 Mysterious Treasure Map missions. Worldvein Boon Worldvein Boon Worldvein Boon Worldvein Boon 5. Essence of the Focusing Iris
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Complete a dungeon at Mythic Level 4 or higher in Season 3 or later. Focused Azerite Beam Essence of the Focusing Iris Focused Azerite Beam Essence of the Focusing Iris 2 Complete a dungeon at Mythic Level 7 or higher in Season 3 or later. Focused Azerite Beam Essence of the Focusing Iris Focused Azerite Beam Essence of the Focusing Iris 3 Combine Focused Life Anima from your Grand Challenger's Bounty. Focused Azerite Beam Essence of the Focusing Iris Focused Azerite Beam Essence of the Focusing Iris 4 Complete achievement "Keystone Master" in Season 3 or later. Focused Azerite Beam Essence of the Focusing Iris Focused Azerite Beam Essence of the Focusing Iris 6. Purification Protocol
      With the corruption in Uldir being eliminated, MOTHER was tasked to research ways to repair Azeroth.
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Rustbolt Resistance - Honored. Purifying Blast Purification Protocol Purifying Blast Purification Protocol 2 Rustbolt Resistance - Revered. Purifying Blast Purification Protocol Purifying Blast Purification Protocol 3 Rustbolt Resistance - Exalted. Purifying Blast Purification Protocol Purifying Blast Purification Protocol 4 Rustbolt Requisition Crates earned through Paragon reputation. Purifying Blast Purification Protocol Purifying Blast Purification Protocol 7. Anima of Life and Death
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Complete a dungeon at Mythic Level 4 or higher in Season 3 or later. Anima of Death Anima of Life Anima of Death Anima of Life 2 Complete a dungeon at Mythic Level 7 or higher in Season 3 or later. Burning Embrace Burning Embrace Anima of Death Anima of Life 3 Complete achievement "Keystone Master" in Season 3 or later. Anima of Death Burning Embrace Anima of Death Anima of Life 4 Combine Focused Life Anima from your Grand Challenger's Bounty. Anima of Death Burning Embrace Anima of Death Anima of Life 8. Touch of the Everlasting
      Time is not important. Only life is important.
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Defeat Queen Azshara - Normal. Touch of the Everlasting Touch of the Everlasting Touch of the Everlasting Touch of the Everlasting 2 Defeat Queen Azshara - Heroic. Touch of the Everlasting Touch of the Everlasting Touch of the Everlasting Touch of the Everlasting 3 Combine Aqueous Reliquaries from Queen Azshara. Touch of the Everlasting Touch of the Everlasting Touch of the Everlasting Touch of the Everlasting 4 Defeat Queen Azshara - Mythic. Touch of the Everlasting Touch of the Everlasting Touch of the Everlasting Touch of the Everlasting 12. The Crucible of Flame
      A raging fire is a force of massive destruction, and the bringer of new life.
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Complete the quest "MOTHER Knows Best" in the Chamber of Heart. Concentrated Flame Ancient Flame Concentrated Flame Ancient Flame 2 Reach Heart of Azeroth level 54 then complete the quest "In Darkness, I Dream" in the Chamber of Heart. Concentrated Flame Ancient Flame Concentrated Flame Ancient Flame 3 Reach Heart of Azeroth level 58 then complete the quest "Investigating the Highlands" in the Chamber of Heart. Concentrated Flame Ancient Flame Concentrated Flame Ancient Flame 4 Raise your Heart of Azeroth to max level, then complete the quest "Heart of Azeroth: Essential Power" in the Chamber of Heart. Concentrated Flame Ancient Flame Concentrated Flame Ancient Flame 13. Nullification Dynamo
      The inside feels completely void of energy and matter, yet heavy.
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Rustbolt Resistance - Honored. Empowered Null Barrier Null Barrier Empowered Null Barrier Null Barrier 2 Rustbolt Resistance - Revered. Null Dynamo Null Dynamo Empowered Null Barrier Null Dynamo 3 Rustbolt Resistance - Exalted. Null Dynamo Null Dynamo Empowered Null Barrier Null Dynamo 4 Rustbolt Requisition Crates earned through Paragon reputation. Null Barrier Null Dynamo Empowered Null Barrier Null Dynamo 14. Condensed Life-Force
      The Heart of Azeroth is capable of maipulating Azerite in ways never thought possible.
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Defeat Queen Azshara - Normal. Guardian of Azeroth Condensed Life-Force Guardian of Azeroth Condensed Life-Force 2 Defeat Queen Azshara - Heroic. Guardian of Azeroth Condensed Life-Force Guardian of Azeroth Condensed Life-Force 3 Combine Aqueous Reliquaries from Queen Azshara. Guardian of Azeroth Condensed Life-Force Guardian of Azeroth Condensed Life-Force 4 Defeat Queen Azshara - Mythic. Condensed Life-Force Condensed Life-Force Guardian of Azeroth Condensed Life-Force 15. Engine of Ceaseless Progress
      Mysterious power surges through the Heart of Azeroth that occasionally flares up into a magnificent glowing light.
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Complete the quest "Drowning the Horde" from Crafticus Mindbender in Mezzamere.
      Complete the quest "Drowning the Alliance" from Dazzerian in Newhome.
      Engine of Ceaseless Progress Engine of Ceaseless Progress Engine of Ceaseless Progress Engine of Ceaseless Progress 2 Vendor - Crafticus Mindbender - Mezzamere Vendor - Dazzerian - Newhome Engine of Ceaseless Progress Engine of Ceaseless Progress Engine of Ceaseless Progress Engine of Ceaseless Progress 3 Vendor - Crafticus Mindbender - Mezzamere
      Vendor - Dazzerian - Newhome
      Engine of Ceaseless Progress Engine of Ceaseless Progress Engine of Ceaseless Progress Engine of Ceaseless Progress 4 Warmode Bounty Targets in Nazjatar. Engine of Ceaseless Progress Engine of Ceaseless Progress Engine of Ceaseless Progress Engine of Ceaseless Progress 17. The Ever-Rising Tide
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Ankoan - Honored.
      Unshackled - Honored.
      The Ever-Rising Tide The Ever-Rising Tide The Ever-Rising Tide The Ever-Rising Tide 2 Ankoan - Revered.
      Unshackled - Revered.
      The Ever-Rising Tide The Ever-Rising Tide The Ever-Rising Tide The Ever-Rising Tide 3 Ankoan - Exalted.
      Unshackled - Exalted.
      The Ever-Rising Tide The Ever-Rising Tide The Ever-Rising Tide The Ever-Rising Tide 4 Ankoan Supply Caches earned through Paragon reputation.
      Unshackled Salvage Crates earned through Paragon reputation.
      The Ever-Rising Tide The Ever-Rising Tide The Ever-Rising Tide The Ever-Rising Tide 18. Artifice of Time
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Complete the quest "Storming the Battlefields." Standstill Artifice of Time Standstill Artifice of Time 2 Vendor - Marshal Gabriel - Ashvane Docks Boralus
      Artifice of Time Artifice of Time Standstill Artifice of Time 3 Collect Coalescing Blood of the Vanquished from PVP Island Expedition, Brawl, BG and Epic BG Wins. Artifice of Time Artifice of Time Standstill Artifice of Time 4 PVP Island Expeditions, Battlegrounds and Brawl wins in Season 3 or 4. Artifice of Time Artifice of Time Standstill Artifice of Time 19. The Well of Existence
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Rustbolt Resistance - Honored. The Well of Existence The Well of Existence The Well of Existence The Well of Existence 2 Rustbolt Resistance - Revered. The Well of Existence The Well of Existence The Well of Existence The Well of Existence 3 Rustbolt Resistance - Exalted. The Well of Existence The Well of Existence The Well of Existence The Well of Existence 4 Rustbolt Requisition Crates earned through Paragon reputation. The Well of Existence The Well of Existence The Well of Existence The Well of Existence 20. Life-Binder's Invocation
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Complete a dungeon at Mythic Level 4 or higher in Season 3 or later. Life-Binder's Invocation Seed of Eonar Life-Binder's Invocation Seed of Eonar 2 Complete a dungeon at Mythic Level 7 or higher in Season 3 or later. Life-Binder's Invocation Life-Binder's Invocation Life-Binder's Invocation Seed of Eonar 3 Combine Focused Life Anima from your Grand Challenger's Bounty. Life-Binder's Invocation Life-Binder's Invocation Life-Binder's Invocation Seed of Eonar 4 Complete achievement "Keystone Master" in Season 3 or later. Life-Binder's Invocation Life-Binder's Invocation Life-Binder's Invocation Seed of Eonar 21. Vitality Conduit
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Defeat Queen Azshara - Normal. Vitality Conduit Vitality Conduit Vitality Conduit Vitality Conduit 2 Defeat Queen Azshara - Heroic. Vitality Conduit Vitality Conduit Vitality Conduit Vitality Conduit 3 Combine Aqueous Reliquaries from Queen Azshara. Vitality Conduit Vitality Conduit Vitality Conduit Vitality Conduit 4 Defeat Queen Azshara - Mythic. Vitality Conduit Vitality Conduit Vitality Conduit Vitality Conduit 22. Vision of Perfection
      You can learn more about the Essence here.
      Dream of the future, concentrate on the moment.
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Complete Operation: Mechagon. Vision of Perfection Vision of Perfection Vision of Perfection Vision of Perfection 2 Obtain and complete the Perfectly Timed Differential Blueprint from King Mechagon. Vision of Perfection Vision of Perfection Vision of Perfection Vision of Perfection 3 Combine Progression Sprockets from King Mechagon. Vision of Perfection Vision of Perfection Vision of Perfection Vision of Perfection 4 Complete the achievement 'Keep DPS-ing and Nobody Explodes', then complete Operation: Mechagon. Vision of Perfection Vision of Perfection Vision of Perfection Vision of Perfection 23. Blood of the Enemy
      Your Heart of Azeroth seethes with anger.
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Complete the quest "Storming the Battlefields." Blood of the Enemy Blood of the Enemy Blood of the Enemy Blood of the Enemy 2 Vendor - Marshal Gabriel - Ashvane Docks Boralus
      Blood of the Enemy Blood of the Enemy Blood of the Enemy Blood of the Enemy 3 Collect Coalescing Blood of the Vanquished from PVP Island Expedition, Brawl, BG and Epic BG Wins. Blood of the Enemy Blood of the Enemy Blood of the Enemy Blood of the Enemy 4 PVP Island Expeditions, Battlegrounds and Brawl wins in Season 3 or 4. Blood of the Enemy Blood of the Enemy Blood of the Enemy Blood of the Enemy 25. Aegis of the Deep
      Imbues you with the protection of the elements.
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Ankoan - Honored.
      Unshackled - Honored.
      Aegis of the Deep Aegis of the Deep Aegis of the Deep Aegis of the Deep 2 Ankoan - Revered.
      Unshackled - Revered.
      Aegis of the Deep Aegis of the Deep Aegis of the Deep Aegis of the Deep 3 Ankoan - Exalted.
      Unshackled - Exalted.
      Aegis of the Deep Aegis of the Deep Aegis of the Deep Aegis of the Deep 4 Ankoan Supply Caches earned through Paragon reputation.
      Aegis of the Deep Aegis of the Deep Aegis of the Deep Aegis of the Deep 27. Memory of Lucid Dreams
      An empty mind is a wasted tool.
      Rank Source Major Power Desc Minor Power Desc Major Power Actual Minor Power Actual 1 Complete the quest "A Brief Respite."
      Complete the quest "Down into Nazjatar."
      Memory of Lucid Dreams Lucid Dreams Memory of Lucid Dreams Lucid Dreams 2 Vendor - Speaker Utia - Mezzamere
      Vendor - Atolia Seapearl - Newhome
      Memory of Lucid Dreams Lucid Dreams Memory of Lucid Dreams Lucid Dreams 3 Vendor - Speaker Utia - Mezzamere
      Memory of Lucid Dreams Lucid Dreams Memory of Lucid Dreams Lucid Dreams 4 Vendor - Speaker Utia - Mezzamere
      Lucid Dreams Lucid Dreams Memory of Lucid Dreams Lucid Dreams 28. The Unbound Force
      Destructive forces swirl around violently, waiting to be released.
      Unshackled - Honored.
      The Unbound Force The Unbound Force The Unbound Force The Unbound Force 2 Ankoan - Revered.
      Unshackled - Revered.
      The Unbound Force The Unbound Force The Unbound Force The Unbound Force 3 Ankoan - Exalted.
      Unshackled - Exalted.
      The Unbound Force The Unbound Force The Unbound Force The Unbound Force 4 Ankoan Supply Caches earned through Paragon reputation.
      The Unbound Force The Unbound Force The Unbound Force The Unbound Force Everything we know about Essences in Patch 8.2.
    • By Stan
      Powers on Azerite Armor will unlock instantly and progression is moving to Essences in Patch 8.2. You can find more info on Essences in our Essence guide. Here's a preview of the new intro questline which involves MOTHER, Magni, and Spiritwalker Ebonhorn. This article contains spoilers.
      The intro quest becomes available right after you establish your foothold in Nazjatar. Magni informs you that MOTHER has apparently found a way to heal Azeroth.

1. Essential Empowerment
      You learn that the Chamber of Heart has been repaired in your absence.

2. MOTHER Knows Best
      MOTHER finished her awesome calculations and Magni tells you to talk to her. A not yet implemented cutscene begins to play and MOTHER introduces Essences.
      3. A Disturbance Beneath the Earth
      MOTHER sends you to Highmountain to recover a dragon essence from Neltharion's Lair. By combining dragon essence with sufficient quantities of Azerite within Heart Forge will cause previously undiscovered abilities to manifest within the Heart of Azeroth.

You'll find Navvarogg and Spiritwalker Ebonhorn at Snowblind Messa.

Ebonhorn discovered some sort of disturbance and you must investigate its source.
      4. Take My Hand
      The essence discovered by MOTHER may be an echo of power of the dragonflights. You must act fast before the essence falls into the wrong hands. Talk to Navvarogg to get teleported to the area.
      5. Calming the Spine
      The power of the black dragonflight echoes around you, and the earth is reeling in response. You must seal the Azerite Fissures in the Dragon's Spine. You find out about the presence of a stone lord from Deepholm.

Once you close all fissures and complete the quest, it's time to confront the stone lord. He won't give up the essence without a fight.

6. Dominating the Indomitable
      You then loot Petrified Ebony Scale. This will be your first essence and serves as an introduction to the new system in Rise of Azshara.

7. A Friendly Face
      You must now bring the dragon essence to Magni and MOTHER. Navvarogg has prepared an exit for you, but near the entrance, you'll notice a Blacktalon Watcher in stealth spying on you. We covered the presence of Wrathion's Agents in Rise of Azshara in this post.

Upon arriving at the Chamber of Heart, Ebonhorn is ready to meet Magni and MOTHER.

8. The Heart Forge
      The final quest is offered by MOTHER and you must use your Heart of Azeroth to activate the Heart Forge. You will receive rank 1 Petrified Ebony Scale and The Heart Forge achievement.

Don't forget to check out our Patch 8.2 hub for more details about Heart of Azeroth changes coming in Rise of Azshara.
      Essences Intro Playthrough
      MOTHER finished her calculations and the Heart of Azeroth questline continues in Patch 8.2.